PDA

View Full Version : Morency out !

mmmdk
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't know if it has been posted yet, here goes:

From rotoworld.com:

Vernand Morency will miss at least two weeks with a lower back injury.

He isn't out for the season, but it's a serious blow to Morency's value after his first career 100-yard game. Noah Herron will take over as Ahman Green's backup in the meantime, but don't be surprised if Morency is useful again in fantasy leagues by December. Oct. 30 - 3:14 pm et

Too bad. Will Packers go with just 2 halfbacks? Green isn't even 100% with the hammy.

CaptainKickass
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Don't we have somebody stashed on the practice squad?

gbpackfan
10-30-2006, 02:58 PM
In order to bring up that player, the Packers would have to cut someone. Who? There really isnt anyone to cut at this point.

pittstang5
10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Geez.....Feels like the Packers are losing at least one Player a week.

FritzDontBlitz
10-30-2006, 05:14 PM
who the hell is rotoworld.com?

Patler
10-30-2006, 05:22 PM
In order to bring up that player, the Packers would have to cut someone. Who? There really isnt anyone to cut at this point.

Tracy White had been released in September, but was re-signed about 2 weeks later when Hodge and Taylor were both hurt in the same game. I think both Hodge and Taylor are expected back this week. White could be released again to sign a runningback.

Joemailman
10-30-2006, 05:40 PM
It's funny how things work out. Morency goes down, so he will be replaced by Noah Herron who had a 100+ yard game a couple of weeks ago. Who could have predicted that in their first seven games the Packers would have 3 different running backs with 100 yard rushing games?

gbpackfan
10-30-2006, 05:52 PM
I think we'll stay with what we got for now. Morency should be back in a couple weeks.

BallHawk
10-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Can we ever have both our RB's healthy for more than one game? :evil:

FavreChild
10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Too bad for Morency. He needs to see some more PT.

But a good O-line makes it so that any serviceable RB will do a decent job (see: Denver).

Ahem, Seattle...

Willard
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM

But a good O-line makes it so that any serviceable RB will do a decent job (see: Denver).

Ahem, Seattle...

I agree. What is most important is to have the current 5 on the OL continue to play and get comfortable. As long as Green stays healthy I am comfortable with Noah taking 15-20 snaps a game.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 05:45 AM
I think it would be wise to a RB...yet I can't decide who should be cut - McCarthy & TT are actually pondering on such a move. Morency might be lost for the season, I know McCarthy thinks otherwise, but he really doesn't know. Injuries to the back are a killer. But they shouldn't be too hasty and make a panic signing but it's a legit option.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 05:51 AM
who the hell is rotoworld.com?

Gee, look it up...open a window...google it. It's quite a good site for player info from all the pro leagues.

Fritz
10-31-2006, 06:33 AM

Ahem, Seattle...

yeah...physical therapy. Well, you can't say this team isn't getting hit by injuries. Yet they've been (mostly) competetive. But this is a work in progress, so I hope nobody's getting carried away.

What kind of cracks me up is the way the writers react often like fans. As fans, it's our prerogative to say crazy stuff. One week we think TT should be fired, two weeks later we laud him for bringing in good young talent. But writers ought to be more level headed, I think, and it's funny that a couple of weeks ago they were kind of dissing Morency as a limited back, one who was in the dog house for his fumbling. Now the tune is different: he never was in the dog house cuz the coaches liked his ability, and he's now the perfect complement to Green. If the Pack loses to Buffalo it'll be back to "oh what a crappy team." Like I said, that's a fan's prerogative, not a writer's. The writer should be a little more level headed, a little more objective. Morency is proably somewhere between being the Next Big Thing and being "just a guy."

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 08:36 AM
Gee, look it up...open a window...google it. It's quite a good site for player info from all the pro leagues.

Michael, were you able to watch this week's game? Bretsky had nothing but good things to say about our favorite Dannish fan (you).
:D

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
What kind of cracks me up is the way the writers react often like fans. As fans, it's our prerogative to say crazy stuff. One week we think TT should be fired, two weeks later we laud him for bringing in good young talent. But writers ought to be more level headed, I think, and it's funny that a couple of weeks ago they were kind of dissing Morency as a limited back, one who was in the dog house for his fumbling. Now the tune is different: he never was in the dog house cuz the coaches liked his ability, and he's now the perfect complement to Green. If the Pack loses to Buffalo it'll be back to "oh what a crappy team." Like I said, that's a fan's prerogative, not a writer's. The writer should be a little more level headed, a little more objective. Morency is proably somewhere between being the Next Big Thing and being "just a guy."
Excellent post Fritz!

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 11:15 AM

Michael, were you able to watch this week's game? Bretsky had nothing but good things to say about our favorite Dannish fan (you).
:D

Thanx :thank: I haven't seen it yet but I'll get a dvd copy on thursday. I get the games from www.pontel.com; unfortunately it's only available to Europeans. I get to see the Packers at Bills next week - live.

Fun note: Each time the Packers won this season, my spouse and I had Ben & Jerry's icecream...vs the Lions it was "Dublin mudslide" (wild Irish Cream liqueur cocktail), vs Dolphins it was "Piece of cake" (strawberry/cheesecake) and vs Cardinals it was "Piece of cake" again. I should've had some Bens vs the Rams :mrgreen: The question is now; what Ben & Jerry's icecream should it be vs the Bills??? :shock: A new flavor? Mudslide? The cheesecake one? Fact note: No, I'm not fat :cow: More fact notes: there's only 8 flavors available in Denmark; also New York Fudge, Caramel chew chew, Phish food, Chunky monkey, Cookie dough and fudge brownie. :eyes:

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
I'd keep going with "Piece of cake."

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd keep going with "Piece of cake."

Thanks, "Piece of cake" so far then. This is important people; we're talking Packer wins here :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Also make sure your wife clears her Sunday schedule for until Febuary. :mrgreen:

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Also make sure your wife clears her Sunday schedule for until Febuary. :mrgreen:

LOL...hey my post # 500 !