PDA

View Full Version : ESPN still criticizes Favre...

packers11
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061030

3. It's time to give Brett Favre some credit for how well he has played in the past month. He has limited his mistakes and kept the Packers in almost every game. And at age 37, it must make him feel great to receive compliments like that, the kind usually reserved for a young rookie almost half his age. And also sad. Unbelievably sad.

God for bid the packers make the playoffs, I can only imagine what this ignorant piece of shit would say...

"Favre has led the packers to the playoffs, but hes old and its sad hes still playing"

I think another big sports broadcaster needs to pop up... ESPN needs some competition to actually hire intelligent people...

Thoughts??

Bretsky
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
A sad and ignorant commentary; best way I can describe the clown who writes that.

BallHawk
10-30-2006, 07:06 PM
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1412606

FritzDontBlitz
10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
get used to it. the national media doesnt even feel the pack is newsworthy anymore unless they are discussing brett, and then they only bring him up to belittle him or mock him in some way. i sat up half of last night watching espn, nfl network AND espnnews on digital cable and i swear i could never see any highlights from the game because they ran through them as quick as lightning (if they showed them at all) so they could spend more time on stupid shit like "ocho cinco" (how idiotic is that?), big ben's titanic journey thru the 2006 season, donovan mcnabb and the floundering eagles and so on. they barely spent ANY time on the bears AND THEY ARE UNDEFEATED. guess what they spent the most time discussing when they DID bring up the packers? yep, you guessed it: brett's weak lambeau leap after his first rushing td since 2001. no mention of him passing for the second largest amount of yards in one venue. no mention of green bay putting together two wins in a row for the first time since 2004. barely any mention of the fact the pack had 2 100 yard rushers on the same day. just "hahahaha, brett needs to practice his leap" blah blah blah.

fun stuff, eh?

MJZiggy
10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I believe that article is supposed to be satire of some sort. It is written by the person responsible for the Pickle. God that sounds so weird.

Partial
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM

lol wtf?

BF4MVP
10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
How is it sad? I don't get it.

BallHawk
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM

lol wtf?

One of the many strange things I have found on the internet.

I love it, though. :mrgreen:

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
It's just great. Even in the following article on Manning, they throw in a slight dig on Favre. Can't they just say Favre's charisma? Is his charisma really fading?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoOsXVfIY4L7LXXWL0ZKQ2j.uLYF?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Manning doesn't project Brady's cool, Michael Vick's flair, Donovan McNabb's improvisational skills or even Brett Favre's fading charisma."

BF4MVP
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
It's just great. Even in the following article on Manning, they throw in a slight dig on Favre. Can't they just say Favre's charisma? Is his charisma really fading?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoOsXVfIY4L7LXXWL0ZKQ2j.uLYF?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Manning doesn't project Brady's cool, Michael Vick's flair, Donovan McNabb's improvisational skills or even Brett Favre's fading charisma."
Wow.........I'm speechless.

The Leaper
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
ESPN has become a joke in the last few years. Very little hard hitting journalism, very much fluff and ass-kissing.

I rarely listen to ESPN or watch Sportscenter anymore. I get most of my information from the internet.

GrnBay007
10-30-2006, 11:05 PM

Maybe they are all just ticked off they don't have the usual "retirement story" to act as a fill in this year. They have to write something about Brett. It's just sad they are doggin him toward the end of his career this way. These are probably the same people that won't have enough good to say about Favre when he finally does retire and is inducted into the HOF. Two-faced bunch a ......

GrnBay007
10-30-2006, 11:07 PM
ESPN has become a joke in the last few years. Very little hard hitting journalism, very much fluff and ass-kissing.

I rarely listen to ESPN or watch Sportscenter anymore. I get most of my information from the internet.

And the draft coverage is horrid anymore. Last year dressing the rookies up like a bunch of pimps....ugh. Very cool that Hawk did not participate in that.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Who cares what these punk-ass chumps say. I just saw a stat after the MNF game that said about most QB wins since 2001 (Brady's first year).

Brady - 64

Manning - 61

McNabb - 51

Favre - 51

(corrected)

Either way it shows which QBs are the winners no matter what weak, non-fact based articles try to depict.

packinpatland
10-31-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm sory, but anyone who wants to be taken, even slightly, seriously as a sports writer, opens his article with a photo of a cheerleader..............now THAT'S sad, unbelievably sad.

mraynrand
10-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Who cares what these punk-ass chumps say. I just saw a stat after the MNF game that said about most QB wins since 2001 (Brady's first year).

Brady - 64

Manning - 61

McNabb - 51

Favre - 51

(corrected)

Either way it shows which QBs are the winners no matter what weak, non-fact based articles try to depict.

Mad,

I saw that graphic on the broadcast, and Favre wasn't on it. I started counting in my head how many victories since Sept. 30, 2001 (When Brady started his first game. This is key, because they only counted wins after Brady started (entered?) his first game)

2001 12 wins plus 1 playoff win minus 3 before sept. 30th = 10
2002 12 wins
2003 10 wins plus 1 playoff
2004 10
2005 4
2006 3
That's 49, right? Didn't make the graphic, but still pretty damn impressive.

Cleft Crusty
10-31-2006, 07:53 AM

I'm always glad to get feedback.

MadtownPacker
10-31-2006, 11:20 AM
I saw that graphic on the broadcast, and Favre wasn't on it. I started counting in my head how many victories since Sept. 30, 2001 (When Brady started his first game. This is key, because they only counted wins after Brady started (entered?) his first game)

2001 12 wins plus 1 playoff win minus 3 before sept. 30th = 10
2002 12 wins
2003 10 wins plus 1 playoff
2004 10
2005 4
2006 3
That's 49, right? Didn't make the graphic, but still pretty damn impressive.Who was the 4th QB listed then? I saw it twice man, he was on it.

ahaha
10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
During the ESPN pregame, when the panalists ranked their 5 best quarterbacks, Steve Young had Brett at #5. I've always thought Young was a pretty decent analyst, but that could be because he's next to Irvin and Jackson. Crackhead Bob would look smart sitting next to those two.

Despite ESPN's ineptitude, Ron Jaworski is my favorite analyst out there.

fan4life
10-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Maybe I'm seeing something different, but I don't think the writer was dissing Favre at all. Early in the column he compares Leinart to Favre, in effect calling Favre "great."

I took his second comment to mean something more to the effect that it's sad to see Favre's considerable talents being used (wasted?) keeping a marginal team in games, rather than contending for a playoff spot.

Truth be told, don't we all feel that way?