PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football: Vikings vs. Patriots

gbpackfan
10-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey gents,

Didnt see a monday night thread, so I though I'd fire one up. Vikes D came out flat, Pats up by 7 early. Plenty of time left.

lord favre
10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
vaunted Viking D looked awful porous on that drive...

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 07:50 PM
You beat me to the thread by one minute. Anyway, I'll repost what I said in my initial post here, and forget that travesty of a thread ever existed.

For the record, holy goodness did Tom Brady make a good Vikings defense look bad on that first drive. The man had forever and a day despite 7 people in coverage on pretty much every play. I was looking forward to a good defensive struggle, but the Vikings are going to have to not play like the Packers early in this season for that to pan out.

gbpackfan
10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Is it just me, or is having a player "introduce" their team-mates fucking annoying. They just blather on and on and never really introduce anyone.

lord favre
10-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Is it just me, or is having a player "introduce" their team-mates fucking annoying. They just blather on and on and never really introduce anyone.

The cheesy nick names annoy me the most...

lord favre
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah, good thing you guys got rid of Sharper.

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree about the introductions. I wish they could have kept the old format so I could have the pleasure of hearing our WLB introduce himself as "A.J. Hawk, Ohio State" without the stupid superfluous article.

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 08:10 PM
It's also priceless how the announcers spend the whole drive talking about how great a decision maker Johnson is and how he's under appreciated (not saying he isn't) but then he finishes the drive with a Favre-like red zone interception.

lord favre
10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
It's also priceless how the announcers spend the whole drive talking about how great a decision maker Johnson is and how he's under appreciated (not saying he isn't) but then he finishes the drive with a Favre-like red zone interception.

Wasn't really favre like, Johnson looked right at him, favre just blindly tosses em up.

chewy-bacca
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Go Pats!!

Partial
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
If GB wins in Buffalo, I think they're going to surprise people how well they play the Vikings.

The two teams are very similiar in my opinion. I think as you'll see tonight though, a good quarterback can pick them apart. Notice Brady is back in the shotgun a significant amount of the time.

If you guys wanna crown 'em, go ahead and crown 'em, but they are who I think they are and I think we have a much better chance than any expert will tell you.

outflow
10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Tony Kornholer has a man crush on Brady as bad as Madden does for Favre

chewy-bacca
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
If you guys wanna crown 'em, go ahead and crown 'em, but they are who I think they are

:lol:

lord favre
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I wonder who the 49ers thought they were?

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Is this game over? The Vikings have really shown me very little tonight.

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
The halftime festivities make me feel bad for Paul Allen. I didn't think that was possible.

BF4MVP
10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
This is huge. Go Pats! :D

gbpackfan
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice punt return. The bad news, Tom Brady gets the ball back. I would love to start making fun of how crappy the Vikes are playing tonight, but I learned my lesson after the Bear/Cardinal game. I'll rip on them if they loose (which they probably will).

Sparkey
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree about the introductions. I wish they could have kept the old format so I could have the pleasure of hearing our WLB introduce himself as "A.J. Hawk, Ohio State" without the stupid superfluous article.

It would be "AJ Hawk.....THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY"

chewy-bacca
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
As I understand, he does not do that.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't care what Manning puts up for numbers in the regular season. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, and he has been for a good part of this decade. Up until two weeks ago, McNabb was having the best season. Manning may be having the best season. However, if I'm starting a team right now, I'd pick Brady.

digitaldean
10-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow, these 2 sets of stats tell it all....
Brady 25/35, 335, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Johnson 18/30, 151, 0 TD, 2 INT (1 in red zone)
and
361 total yards for NE
185 for the Viqueens

The way NE is playing, it will build a lot of hype for the game vs. Indy.

digitaldean
10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
OK, OK. amended stats.

Brady 27-38, 358 yards and 4TDs with 1 INT.

But hey who's counting???

Almost 400 yds. of offense vs. the Queens in 3 quarters. YIKES!!! Can you say "smackdown"?

:smack:

Partial
10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
wow, I wish I had NE's front seven. Hot Diggity Damn they get there in a hurry!

SD GB fan
10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
three sacks in a row :shock:

ahaha
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Where's Tavaris Jackson? Is he hurt?

SD GB fan
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
c'mon i need one more point from ben watson to win

pacfan
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
we should pray for Brooks Bollinger, he might not survive the game.

ahaha
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Humbling loss for the Vikings, convincing win for the Packers. Another Badger win. What a great football weekend.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Humbling loss for the Vikings, convincing win for the Packers. Another Badger win. What a great football weekend.

Switch Badgers for Buckeyes, and I agree.
:D

pacfan
10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
don't forget.....

44-0 drubbing by Ohio State.

Tony Oday
10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
So the Vikings season thus far:

Redskins: win without Portis
Panthers: Win without Steve Smith
Bears: Lost
Bills: Lost
Lions: They suck and gave up the game to the Vikes at the end
Seahawks: No Alexander and Hasselbeck out after the half it was 10-10 at the half
Patriots: Lost

This tells me that the Vikes are a Fraud this year.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Where's Rastak and MNGolf??? :taunt:

Scott Campbell
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM

They're hangin out at firebradchildress.com.

Rastak
10-30-2006, 11:50 PM

Just got back from the game, I don't have a star trek teleporter...some of us actually attend ALL the home games for our teams.... :wink:

Now the sad unvarnished truth....my boys got their ever loving ass kicked.
I said before the game this wasn't a critical game for them but also said getting their ass kicked would be a very bad thing so I stand here and say this was a very bad thing. Brady was amazing and the Vikes got schooled in EVERY aspect of the game. Period. I lasted until the thrid Bollinger sack
and couldn't bear another second. Johnson played poorly, OL played poorly. DL didn't get preasure. Sharper's pick was pretty sweet and Mewelde Moore is a pretty damn good punt returner. That's all the damn highlights I can think of. I'm glad the toughest part of their schedule is done.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 11:53 PM
some of us actually attend ALL the home games for our teams... I lasted until the thrid Bollinger sack and couldn't bear another second.

Some of us stay the entire game... win or lose.
:wink:

GrnBay007
10-30-2006, 11:56 PM
I said before the game this wasn't a critical game for them

Well it was critical for me!!!! :evil:

:razz: :wink:

Rastak
10-30-2006, 11:57 PM
some of us actually attend ALL the home games for our teams... I lasted until the thrid Bollinger sack and couldn't bear another second.

I watched GB vs Tennesee and I didn't dream many thousands streaming out of Lambeau my good friend.....don't even pretend. You people are NOT different than the rest of the human race despite arguments to the contrary.

:shock:

And yea, I usually stay but that was fairly pointless and the wife was saying, lets go lets go lets go. Of course, she'd say that if it were a 3 point game....LOL.

Partial
10-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Ras I think the game between your boys and the Pack is going to be a game decided by a field goal as usual.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Ras I think the game between your boys and the Pack is going to be a game decided by a field goal as usual.

Yea, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm interested to see how GB does in Buffalo. I was quite impressed with their effort against the Cards, Buffalo is a better test and I'll be watching. Vikings got totally schooled start to finish in this game. NOT a confidence builder.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Let me also add it seems to me the Packers offense is miles ahead of the Vikings offense right now.

Tarlam!
10-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Got up early and watched the final quarter.

Man, that Pat Gang killed 'em.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 12:38 AM
I watched GB vs Tennesee and I didn't dream many thousands streaming out of Lambeau my good friend.....don't even pretend. You people are NOT different than the rest of the human race despite arguments to the contrary.

It's rare in Green Bay. Have you been to Lambeau? I've been to enough Viking games in Metrodome (probably a half dozen) and Packer games in Green Bay (a dozen) to have seen the difference. I was at the TBuck game at Metrodome. This was a game where a hail mary could get the Vikings a win (and it did), and people were streaming out before the Vikings final drive. Some of them were even my relatives. After getting over the shock of the loss, I had to tell them about the Buckley play. Different situation though. In Green Bay, win or lose, many people tailgate before AND after the game, so there's no rush to leave early to beat traffic--like there is in a lot of cities. Sure, there are some people that leave, but not a majority of the crowd. Hell, me and my Steelers buddy tailgated last year--along with several thousand other Packer fans--after the Packers LOST to the Steelers in the middle of a 4-12 season. From what I've seen, most of the time it is different. I think the difference is Minnesota is similar to other cities. I saw Seahawk fans in Seattle leaving at the start of the 4th quarter back during a blowout loss to the Packers in 1996.

My one caveat is that have not been to Metrodome for a Vikings game (only Gophers games) in the last 10 years, so maybe things have changed for the better.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 12:47 AM
[quote=Rastak]Have you been to Lambeau?

Not yet, I was only able to see them streaming out via TV.

I think I'll try and get a ticket next year though, I'd love to see a game there.
I'll have to settle for Soldier Field this December for now.....

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 12:57 AM

BTW, when I was talking about leaving early, I wasn't talking about the crowd. I was talking about us. I've witnessed 5 Packers losses (two of them blowouts, 1 that 10 point loss, and two that came down to a FG). I've never left early. Just had to get back at you for your dig.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 01:15 AM

BTW, when I was talking about leaving early, I wasn't talking about the crowd. I was talking about us. I've witnessed 5 Packers losses (two of them blowouts, 1 that 10 point loss, and two that came down to a FG). I've never left early. Just had to get back at you for your dig.

Wasn't really a dig Harvey, Mad indicated I wasn't around to take the heat but I was at the game, so how in the hell could I be on the forum? Just pointing out that some of us go to the games while others just read about it. I have never left a game in the balance in my life. Even if it's a longshot.
If you watched this game you know damn well it was over. We left our seats and I had a radio on so when I heard Bollinger was in the game I went up one of the tunnels to see what would happen and I was treated to 3 straight sacks. Game Set Match. Only a fool would derive some misguided pride from staying in his seat LONG after the game is over. Hell, I contend if you don't stay an hour after the game in your seat you aren't a fan.

Yea, I'm kidding. Boy, you never miss an opportunity to give me shit.
Next Gabes game I'm gonna have to dish some back. :smile:

Anyway, I'm ready to move on and the next time I'm at the dome, you know who'll be the opponent.....!!! It's looking more and more like a solid matchup.

PackerPro42
10-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Rastak Wrote:

Let me also add it seems to me the Packers offense is miles ahead of the Vikings offense right now.

They did play the Patriots, to be fair. The Patriot's Defense is still really good and their Offense looked good too.

Chester Marcol
10-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Let's not forget about Belichick, perhaps the best coach in the NFL. He knew he was coming in against the number one run defense at home. Unlike Sherman, who probably would had to "establish the run" right up until we were down 2 scores making our offense totally predictable, Belichick put together a great game plan. I hope our coaching staff learned from this. Better yet, I hope our coaching staff is wondering how the Pats got our game plan for the Vikes.

Watching the game, the Pats aren't unlike the Packers offensively. Who does Brady have to throw to? He hit like 10 different receivers. Sounds familiar. No huge names in that group of receivers but they all made plays.

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Just got back from the game, I don't have a star trek teleporter...some of us actually attend ALL the home games for our teams.... :wink:

Yeah, that's easy to do when you don't have a waiting list of over 80,000 people :wink:

Partial
10-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Rastak Wrote:

They did play the Patriots, to be fair. The Patriot's Defense is still really good and their Offense looked good too.

Patriots D is ridiculous. I was blown away by their speed in their front 7. I wish we would attack more like they do.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 09:28 AM

Getting too defensive in your replies, not just today, but generally.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 09:31 AM

Yea, I admit it......but I wasn't in the freaking mood for shit I guess.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 09:46 AM

Hey Rastak, my reply didn't come out (entirely) right. So, I hear ya. You know I respect you so don't worry.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 09:49 AM

Hey Rastak, my reply didn't come out (entirely) right. So, I hear ya. You know I respect you so don't worry.

No problem.....it's me not you guys....man the Vikes got a beating thrown on them. Brad Johnson was as bad as a QB can be.....

Zool
10-31-2006, 09:55 AM
No problem.....it's me not you guys

Are you breaking up with us?

Rastak
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
No problem.....it's me not you guys

Are you breaking up with us?

LOL.....you sound like Madtown now.....

Willard
10-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Rastak is one stand-up dude for making a P-Rats appearance after his team gets demolished. Good form.......

As for the game. Very important tape for the Pack to study for 2 obvious reasons: (1) can the Pack borrow some strategy used by the Pats when facing the Vikes in 2 weeks? (2) Now that the Vikes have shown how not to play the Pats, I'm sure McCarthy will be able to come up with an ingenious gameplan to destroy the Pats on 11/19! :shock:

Rastak
10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Rastak is one stand-up dude for making a P-Rats appearance after his team gets demolished. Good form.......

As for the game. Very important tape for the Pack to study for 2 obvious reasons: (1) can the Pack borrow some strategy used by the Pats when facing the Vikes in 2 weeks? (2) Now that the Vikes have shown how not to play the Pats, I'm sure McCarthy will be able to come up with an ingenious gameplan to destroy the Pats on 11/19! :shock:

Well, they destroyed them with 5 receiver sets....you'll need to russell up a couple more..... :smile:

Willard
10-31-2006, 10:25 AM

Well, they destroyed them with 5 receiver sets....you'll need to russell up a couple more..... :smile:

Do you think Donald Driver and 4 TEs will be enough? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 10:46 AM

They went 5 receivers a lot, but it seemed like on a lot of those plays it wasn't necessarily 5 wides. They had Faulk and TEs out there also.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Brady & the Pats gameplan killed the Vikes yet I saw enough to convince me that their defense is for real. The Viking offense is offensive but Vikings always get psyched up vs Packers - I expect an uphill battle at the metro in 2 weeks time.

MadtownPacker
10-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Wasn't really a dig Harvey, Mad indicated I wasn't around to take the heat but I was at the game, so how in the hell could I be on the forum? Just pointing out that some of us go to the games while others just read about it..Oh it was a dig just like the "you sound like Mad" post above but its cool. I was just trying to have a lil fun.

Im in Cali and since I cant go the games I have had Sunday ticket for years so I dont have to read shit. I watch them all from start to finish, including every second of last season. When they come to SF I can go and will be at the Dec 10th game. I wont go to a @ raider game because the are low class animals and I wont get out of there without trouble.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Wasn't really a dig Harvey, Mad indicated I wasn't around to take the heat but I was at the game, so how in the hell could I be on the forum? Just pointing out that some of us go to the games while others just read about it..Oh it was a dig just like the "you sound like Mad" post above but its cool. I was just trying to have a lil fun.

Im in Cali and since I cant go the games I have had Sunday ticket for years so I dont have to read shit. I watch them all from start to finish, including every second of last season. When they come to SF I can go and will be at the Dec 10th game. I wont go to a @ raider game because the are low class animals and I wont get out of there without trouble.

Yea, those dudes are crazy......

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 11:31 AM

Yes, you'd never see that from a Bears fan. Then again, Rastak IS a closet Packers fan :lol:

Rastak
10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
I wonder if Childress will pull a Denny Green?

Childress: Thay are who we thought they were, you wanna crown 'em, crown their ass.

* stomps off fuming *

I couldn't see that but it would be funny.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM

Yes, you'd never see that from a Bears fan. Then again, Rastak IS a closet Packers fan :lol:

Who's questioning the dude? Willard, a Bears fan? What? Has packerrats become an asylum? :whaa:

Fritz
10-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Willard's right. For Rastak to come to the site after the Vikes got a whupping put on them shows his class. This is unlike most trolls, who appear when their team is good and disappear when they go into the tank.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 12:03 PM
I'd never do a :laugh: on Rastak - he's too classy. I did smile when Pats won monday (I saw the game today) but Rastak, for all I know, could be the one smiling in only 2 weeks time - the dome is so tough for the Packers.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd never do a :laugh: on Rastak - he's too classy. I did smile when Pats won monday (I saw the game today) but Rastak, for all I know, could be the one smiling in only 2 weeks time - the dome is so tough for the Packers.

Hard to say....let's see how both teams play on the road this week. Green Bay should have some confidence and Minnesota is probably questioning themselves after such an ass whipping,

Thanks for the kind words by the way....

ZachMN
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
I have to take umbrage with Rastak that the Packer faithful are just like everyone else- when the queens lost in the NFC game in 98 the news stations had the cameras pointed in the gutter which were FULL of those flags people put in their car windows- that is a typical viking fan in a nutshell and I know having been born and raised here-

Rastak I see that your not like that but you know the type I'm talking about- completely irrational fans who live and die with this stuff.

Packer faithful have had to deal with losing longer but we have a new generation that has been spoiled with the last decade of Favredom so we might see some more of that in the future but lets hope not

Rastak
10-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Childress was pretty funny in his press conference....he was asked about pulling Brad Johnson and he said "I was like popeye, it's all I can stands and I can't stands no more"

LOL......

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
That's a good one.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Rastak,

After seven games, who would you say are the most surprising and most disappointing Vikings so far?

Rastak
10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Rastak,

After seven games, who would you say are the most surprising and most disappointing Vikings so far?

Hmmm, EJ Henderson has surprised me...Troy Williamson is the most disapointing to me.

packrulz
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd hate to see the Pack play NE right now, and I don't know that the Pack is any better than the viqueens, but I wonder if they'll nag Brad Johnson now about when he's going to retire. Lol.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd hate to see the Pack play NE right now, and I don't know that the Pack is any better than the viqueens, but I wonder if they'll nag Brad Johnson now about when he's going to retire. Lol.

I hope it's after this year.

packrulz
10-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey Rastak, lose a friggin' game in fantasy football will ya? Give us newbies a chance. Lol.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey Rastak, lose a friggin' game in fantasy football will ya? Give us newbies a chance. Lol.

Yea I'm on a roll!

packrulz
10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh no, I see I play you again in week 13, the last game. Gulp! Break a leg buddy! :lol:

Badgerinmaine
10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Willard's right. For Rastak to come to the site after the Vikes got a whupping put on them shows his class. This is unlike most trolls, who appear when their team is good and disappear when they go into the tank.

Amen to that.