PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Bit of love for Greg Jennings on ESPN Fantasy. Marques Colston was rated the top rookie in fantasy ball. Jennings rated second. Hopefully, he makes it back this week. We'll need him with Morency and Miree out.

Greg Jennings (5): If he were healthy, I might rank him ahead of Colston. Jennings has become an instant fantasy standout as a perfect target for Brett Favre. He's quick, runs good routes for a first-year player, catches the ball well in stride and can bust loose often for additional yards after the catch. Jennings fits into the classic Green Bay receiver mold of the Favre era, and conjures up memories of Robert Brooks in his prime. He also is willing to make tough catches over the middle, and he'll be a good safety valve and dependable wideout for Aaron Rodgers or whoever else takes over after Favre retires.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
This was also posted on ESPN:

Interesting: Favre threw 29 interceptions last season, making his other contributions for fantasy owners meaningless (20 TDs, nearly 4,000 yards). Now Favre is making smarter reads, and in the Packers' three wins, he's got six touchdowns, no interceptions. He only has five interceptions in seven games overall, putting him on pace for his cleanest season in a decade. And you think he's retiring after this 6-10 season? C'mon!

LL2
10-31-2006, 02:24 PM
We will definitely need Jennings back by the Viking game. We need him for that stretch of games against Minnesota and NE. Hopefully we will have Morency back for those games too. We need our two best receivers and two best RB’s to win against those two.

LL2
10-31-2006, 02:26 PM
” after this 6-10 season? C'mon!” The way I look at it this year is going to be better than 6-10. 7 or 8 wins minimum!

chewy-bacca
10-31-2006, 03:00 PM
^ as long as its enough to bring him back, I dont care. With the way things are shaping up, it would be silly for him to hang 'em up after this year.