PDA

View Full Version : Woodson the WR?

crosbiegrad
10-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Does anyone else remember what Woodson and McCarthy were saying preseason about Woodson perhaps being involved in the recieving game? We do have some injury problems at the position right now, if MM was ever gonna use him there would it be now? Do you think MM was ever really serious about that? I also realise that were desperately thin at CB aswell, I was just wondering what you guys thought. Go easy on me, I'm a packerrat rookie!

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Welcome!

Honestly, I don't see it in the works. If anything it was going to be a 2-3 play/week thing, so he couldn't be looked at as a possible 3rd or 4th WR.

billy_oliver880
10-31-2006, 01:13 AM
Welcome to Packerrats Crosbie. Stay awhile will ya!

I don't think that Woodson is going to end of at WR because for the last few weeks. We haven't put him at WR yet I am not sure what its going to take for him to be there.

MJZiggy
10-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Nice to see you Crosbiegrad. Woodson is already playing defense and special teams. I think they will refuse to do it simply because if we do and he gets hurt, we will be screwed in a ton of places already.

TheRaven
10-31-2006, 07:42 AM
God, I hope not. That would be one horrible move to make.

Bretsky
10-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Yes, a warm welcome to PR !

I agree with Ziggy; we could certainly use the help, but Woodson has been banged up lately. I'm kind of surprised we're still using him on specials.

MadtownPacker
10-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Welcome Crosbiegrad, good to see you jump in.

I would like to see Woodson come in for a few plays on O. At least send him deep as a decoy to get DD single coverage. You know that the D will be confused if they see him lining up.

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes, a warm welcome to PR !

I agree with Ziggy; we could certainly use the help, but Woodson has been banged up lately. I'm kind of surprised we're still using him on specials.

I agree, Brett, get Bodiford going.

GoPack06
10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
i would line him up as a WR for like a trick play or distraction method, but not an every down type thing.