View Full Version : Lions cut WR az-hakim

FritzDontBlitz
10-31-2006, 01:45 AM
i saw this posted on the detroit free press this morning:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061030/NEWS99/61030031

isn't he a decent return man?

Bretsky
10-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes, his whole career he's been a decent return man and a fill in WR; at this point in his career he'd be a solid #5 WR for a team with playoff expectations.

TheRaven
10-31-2006, 07:43 AM
He's still alive?

Guiness
10-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Might not be a bad idea for us right as a one/two game stopgap!

Wow - remember the money they gave him to lure him from the Rams? :crazy:

MadtownPacker
10-31-2006, 11:16 AM
This is a tough call cuz the new guys have caught the ball when given the chance. I was impressed with Ruvell Martin. The O needs a big WR like him. Guess I would say pass on Az at this time.

FritzDontBlitz
10-31-2006, 07:27 PM
This is a tough call cuz the new guys have caught the ball when given the chance. I was impressed with Ruvell Martin. The O needs a big WR like him. Guess I would say pass on Az at this time.

its the same wayi was thinking, mad. i think m3 has us believing in him to the point that we believe he can make do with what he has on the roster.

PackerTimer
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
i agree. the young guys have shown enough to stick with them.

i think its better to go with guys like ruvell martin and chris francies who have shown something the last few weeks over somebody who got himself cut from the lions. THE LIONS.

i'd like to see what bodiford can do on kick returns. he showed some moves on his punt return on sunday and i'm pretty sure he's replacing morency on returns this week.

KYPack
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
The AZ of '99 would be a no-brainer. That guy was an electric weapon. The guy just cut by the Lions is all played out.

I was very sceptical of our young WR's and DB's. Looks like I was wrong about the kiddie Korp at WR. Francies made one key play in a tough situation to save our bacon on Sunday. Maybe our young recievers can do the job.

I'm still wondering about all our young DB's, but hey, maybe they'll work out too.