PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo favored

GrnBay007
10-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Buffalo favored by 3 1/2 for the game against the Packers on Sunday.

packinpatland
10-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Home Field Advantage + 1/2

TheRaven
10-31-2006, 07:48 AM
I feel pretty good about this game. Ever since that thrashing from Chicago, Buffalo went from a decent team to a crappy one. We need to take this one, with Minnesota and NE up after this.

Rastak
10-31-2006, 10:06 AM
I feel pretty good about this game. Ever since that thrashing from Chicago, Buffalo went from a decent team to a crappy one. We need to take this one, with Minnesota and NE up after this.

Buffalo is up and down.....should be a tough game though on the road.....

]{ilr]3
10-31-2006, 10:08 AM
I would have thought there would have been more of an edge given to them since they are coming off a bye week as well.

I hope the Pack does well against them, it should be a struggle as I bet they come out punching!

mmmdk
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Buffalo is up and down.....should be a tough game though on the road.....

I agree with Rastak. Bills and Cardinals are more talented than Packers sans Favre. But only by a nano millimeter.

red
10-31-2006, 12:03 PM
we play better on the road

at least thats what our record shows

this should be a good test for us. so far we've played either very bad teams, or playoff teams. this will be our first test against another middle of the road team. we can see if we're just the best of the really bad teams, or if we're a decent average team

Spaulding
10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Not sure why I'm bringing this up but it's interesting that Losman has done little in his 2 1/2 years in the NFL to make any of the Packers fans lament we didn't get him in the 2004 draft.

If this starts I don't see how they can remain favored. He's erratic and prone to crucial mistakes. Evans was a much more effective receiver when Bledsoe was Quarterback even if some argue that having Moulds as the other wideout helped his game as well.

Since I've already got former #1 quarterbacks the Packers were seriously considering, I think Grossman is overrated as well. If he played for the current Packers although this is all speculation, I'd have to think we'd be sitting on only one or two wins instead of three.

Beating three of the worst teams in the league doesn't make a good team but as many others have noted, the fact we are seeing improvement and some dynamic play calling leaves plenty of room for optimism.

Basically, if we stop the running game (i.e. McGahee) then it stands to reason we'll win the game due to Losman not being able to win a game by himself.

Then again, playing Devil's advocate, we did make Boller look like an all pro last year :(

mmmdk
11-01-2006, 05:58 AM
I think you need to gameplan Losman a wee bit, 'cos if you forget that he can run - he'll convert those 3rd and 10 with his legs. No team should be taken lightly in NFL. The current record doesn't show it all - remember when Packers were 1-4 a few weeks back?

Fritz
11-01-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm very happy for the team's improvement and for the Cardinals win, but I don't feel quite as confident as others do. I think this will be a tough, tough game, and if the Packers can't stop McGahee, and Losman runs for a few first downs, this could be trouble since Takeo Spikes leads a decent defense on the other side.

Tarlam!
11-01-2006, 07:50 AM
What Fritz said. A lot of fans are getting a bit arrogant 'cause we beat two in a row.

Winning in upstate NY is not a given for our team. They'll make us earn every point...

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Actually, I think most fans have tempered expectations. Way more fans than not feel this will be a tough game, and we may very well lose it.