PDA

View Full Version : This weeks game a must win?

Tony Oday
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
If we can win this one against a firmly middle of the road to bad team in Buffalo do we have a shot at making a run this year?

Lets look at the rest of the year:
9 Sun. Nov 5 @ Bills 1:00 p.m. ET NFL on FOX Nate Clements will be on DD like stink on you know what! We need a strong ground game in this one to beat Buffalo and I see the resurgence of a well rested Hendo

10 Sun. Nov 12 @ Vikings 1:00 p.m. ET NFL on FOX MUST WIN GAME! We can beat the Vikings only by throwing the ball. We need All the WR and TE to beat this team. Driver will be going against one of the most underrated CBs in the Game winfield. Jennings will be opposite one of the most OVERrated CBs in the Game Smoot. We need to have one of the Martins and Lee to step up and take advatage of the rest of the vikings pass defense and alot of three step drops.

11 Sun. Nov 19 Patriots 1:00 p.m. ET They will destroy us because heck we barely HAVE 5 CBs much less 5 that can play against the Patriots Plus they can run the ball and have a tennacious defense that I cant see us beating.

12 Mon. Nov 27 @ Seahawks 8:30 p.m. ET The will be full strength and we will lose this game in a blowout.

13 Sun. Dec 3 Jets 1:00 p.m. ET This is the start of our late season run. Just a bad team that cant really run and Pennington is not that good and is easily rattled.

14 Sun. Dec 10 @ 49ers 4:05 p.m. ET NFL on FOX Another Bad team that we should handle easily.

15 Sun. Dec 17 Lions 1:00 p.m. ET NFL on FOX Rematch time at home equals a blowout of Kitna's Lions.

16 Thur. Dec 21 Vikings 8:00 p.m. ET This is the game for the Wild Card. We win we will be in position to fight against the Bears that will be 14-1 by this time and will want to rest their starters.

17 Sun. Dec 31 @ Bears 1:00 p.m. ET NFL on FOX Lets just hope they dont have anything to play for!

This could be a 10-6 year if we beat the people we are supposed to. Any thoughts?

packers11
10-31-2006, 01:53 PM
i'm only worried about the pats game... Do we even have 5 DB's???
Harris/Woodson/Dendy/Blackmon....

Zool
10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
That would be a 9-2 run to end the season counting back 2 weeks. I'm skeptical, but winning the next 2 games would make me believe a little more.

Tony Oday
Harris/Woodson/Dendy/Blackmon....

DOH!

Zool
Harris/Woodson/Dendy/Blackmon....Manual, Collins, Bush

packers11
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM

I meant CB's smartass :smack:

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Bush

You don't necessarily need five corners to cover a five wide offense though.

Tony Oday
10-31-2006, 02:06 PM

I meant CB's smartass :smack:

Now how many that can cover a WR?

Freak Out
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Every game is a must win at this point but we will probably win five to six games out of the next nine. At least I hope so….
Will nine wins get us into the playoffs?

Zool
10-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Is Bush a corner or a safety? Im lazy right now.

Hawk played Welker in the slot very well 2 weeks ago. 5 wides would not be fun to watch against our outstanding(32nd in the league) pass defense however. At least Blackmon and Dendy will get plenty of reps for next season.

swede
10-31-2006, 03:25 PM
I still think we split with the Vikings, we lose to a team we should beat, (Jets or 49'ers), and I'm doubtful we'll catch too much of a break from Lovie Smith.

7-9

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Is Bush a corner or a safety? Im lazy right now.

Corner. Peprah is the young safety they signed.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I still think we split with the Vikings, we lose to a team we should beat, (Jets or 49'ers), and I'm doubtful we'll catch too much of a break from Lovie Smith.

7-9

I tend to agree with you.

Tony Oday
10-31-2006, 04:50 PM

7-9

I tend to agree with you.

I tend to think you are VIKING FANS!!!! lol ;) :crazy: We are going to ROCK THE NFL! :smack: Right? :smack:

BEARMAN
10-31-2006, 06:03 PM

7-9
This is a smart man ! Lovie made 3 statements when he took over DA BEARS.
1.. Beat GB (every time we play them)
2. NFCN Champs
3. Go to and WIN a SB !

I do not think Lovie will let you off the hook even if we have a bye week and home field sewn up.
Just my .02

GO BEARS ! 7 an 0 BABY ! :mrgreen: :jig:

packers11
10-31-2006, 06:31 PM

7-9
2. NFCN Champs
3. Go to and WIN a SB !

I do not think Lovie will let you off the hook even if we have a bye week and home field sewn up.
Just my .02

He would look like an idiot with no class playing his players the whole game with home field advantage.... AND I HOPE IF HE DOES, one important player get injuried, so he can look like a jackass....

There is no need for anyone to play in most of the game in week 17 if you have homefield advantage...

:jig: Ill be doing that when the Bears lose first game of playoffs... :D

Fritz
10-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Come on, now you're all getting crazy. If this team goes 7 - 9 and shows improvement throughout the season then this will have been a good year. Put the likker away and come back to earth, people.

BallHawk
10-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind, the Pats don't have great DB depth, either.

Pacopete4
10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
in order to even think about playoffs we just need to not have mistakes.. and im talking every game because favre says is weekly.. we are not good enough to over come mistakes yet and he's right.. when we lose we do dumb things.. when we win we look like we know what were doing all game

prsnfoto
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM

7-9
2. NFCN Champs
3. Go to and WIN a SB !

Just my .02

Yes and if you a are 14-1 going in and paper doll grossman and urlacher both blow their knees lovie will be the biggest boob in the NFL.

Ballboy
11-01-2006, 01:37 PM
GB should beat Bills in a tight game.

I think we will split with Vikings, beat Jet & 49ers, beat Lions.

That leaves the 2nd Viking game, NE, Seattle & Bears to somehow get another win to go 9-7.....

.....Seattle should have Hasselbeck back by the time we play them, NE seems to be playing well.

Will the Bears "reat" the starters in the last game of the season? We are in the mix with alot of team at or near 4-4 in the NFC....I have a bad feeling that the close losses to Rams and Saints may hurt the Packers if they make it to 9-7, only to miss the play-offs due to tie-breaker loss to Saints and or Rams.

BEARMAN
11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I hate :evil: people that wish for players to get injured ! That is the most classless thing you can say ! All you do is showw your @ss when you say sheit like that ! Poor spotsmanship, Poor fan, Poor judgement. :roll:

GO BEARS ! 7 an 0 BABY ! :jig:

Guiness
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
I hate :evil: people that wish for players to get injured ! That is the most classless thing you can say ! All you do is showw your @ss when you say sheit like that ! Poor spotsmanship, Poor fan, Poor judgement. :roll:

Mmm. Somehow find myself agreeing. Must be something in the air.

'course, I'll make an exception for that balsa wood construct you have playing QB down there. Still waiting for a stiff breeze to blow him over and fracture somthing.

ahaha
11-01-2006, 09:02 PM

I think you need to get off your high horse. Are you trying to infer that you never wished an opponent's player to get injured? Not even during a tight game, where maybe another team's player was really torching your beloved Bears, in a game where you REALLY wanted them to win? If so, then I guess you're "Mister Super Moral Guy". Congratulations! I, on the other hand, am a sick twisted slave to some parts of my human nature. I crave the odd ankle sprain or torn acl to sideline players I don't like. I am so evil. ..... :twisted: WAAALALALWLALALAAALLL :evil:

Although, if someone was saying they wanted a player to die, or suffer a debilitating injury that left them in a hospital drooling, I'd be right there with you on your judgement of class.

packers11
11-01-2006, 09:10 PM

I hardly wish for players to get injuried.. Very rarley... But something more classless is starting your starters all game to try demolishing a team that wants to end on a good note (when having homefield advantage and first round bye) ... But the Bears never had class, atleast while I was alive...

Wishing a player to get injuried = something I dont do...

Wishing a player to get injuried because the team is acting like a complete ass = something I do ...

2 Totally different things... Go back and read... Maybe you can learn a few nice things...

superfan
11-01-2006, 11:18 PM
It's a must win game to keep any possible playoff hopes alive. At this point I'm just looking for solid improvement from the team.

If GB can somehow win 3 of their next 4, then they are definitely in contention. Still have an outside chance if they can split their next 4.

As much as I will be rooting for them to run the table, let's not forget that last week was the first home victory of the season. This team is good enough to beat almost any team in the league, but bad enough to lose to any team if they play flat and the opponent is up for the game. Look at Pittsburgh - Oakland last week. The Oakland offense was thoroughly dominated, yet still came away with the win.

I'm not counting any wins as automatic victories this season.

Kiwon
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Okay, I know it's November but I'll go out on a limb and predict that the Packers will finish strong and end the season at 8-8? Who else is an optimist?

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm with you. We'll destroy the Bears in the last game. Lovie will even try to win because he doesn't want to go into the postseason on a losing note... like last year.

Partial
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
You two are prophets!!

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2007, 10:24 AM
8-8 sounds real good. I think we'll sweep MN as well this year. Their offense is so bad right now, they'll likely yank Johnson and put in their rookie QB, Jackson out of sheer desperation.

esoxx
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
8-8 sounds real good. I think we'll sweep MN as well this year. Their offense is so bad right now, they'll likely yank Johnson and put in their rookie QB, Jackson out of sheer desperation.

I don't know. Minnesota seems poised to get on a roll. Childress has looked really impressive and is a great communicator from what I've heard. I think Marcus Robinson is going to really turn it loose and finish strong. I hear him and Childress are tight.

BTW, Oklahoma will roll Boise State in their bowl game. Boise St is unimaginative and stale in their playcalling and offensive execution. That will come back to bite them big time at the end.

esoxx
01-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm with you. We'll destroy the Bears in the last game. Lovie will even try to win because he doesn't want to go into the postseason on a losing note... like last year.

I think the Bears win that last game and here's why: Grossman is going to want to end the regular season on a high note and get his confidence going into the playoffs. By then Chicago will likely have home field throughout the playoffs but still, Grossman will prepare like the true professional he is. That guy is all about character, you'll see.

Badgerinmaine
01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
As long as we're all making predictions, I think the Cowboys are gonna kick everyone around in the postseason now that Tony Romo has a tight hold on the job.

BooHoo
01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow, the predictions are so much better this year than last. I guess we are all increasing in knowledge thanks to this forum!!