PDA

View Full Version : Always show class

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I found this posted on http://green-n-gold.com/blog/?p=63
It's good for a few laughs!

I present to you a list of Ryan Longwell’s comments [with bitter, jaded, and completely just commentary of course] as cataloged by the Pioneer Press in MN.

‘Always show class’

Yes, that’s “irony” right there in the title.

BY BOB SANSEVERE
Pioneer Press

Here’s Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell:

Every town in America has an Applebee’s restaurant. In Green Bay, Applebee’s was about as fancy as you got. When my wife, Sarah, and I would get a baby sitter, a nice date night was Applebee’s. In Minnesota, I’m sure there will be plenty of options before Applebee’s comes into the rotation.

Very classy Ryan, way to rip the city and community that helped make you what you are. Ass.

I’ve always been curious how I would do kicking in a domed stadium. I know for a fact there are kicks I missed at Lambeau that I hit well and guessed wrong with the wind. Or there were kicks when I slipped on the field and missed. I’m curious like everyone else what I can do in the Metrodome. I’m looking forward to being able to swing away and know my foot is going to stick in the ground. And I don’t have to play the wind.

Yes, yes, for God’s sake we know already, YOU WILL BE A KING QUEEN IN A DOME!

Sarah and I both sat in with coach Brad Childress. She came out of the meeting and said: “That is an amazing man. A great, quality guy.” I know he’ll be a great head coach. We were in awe when we left. We felt it was just right.

“Awe”, give me a break, you suck that ass any harder there not going to find your head.

The first thing we bought after I signed with the Vikings was a boat. We live in Orlando in the offseason, and the community is part of a chain of 12 lakes. We’ve been hemming and hawing about a boat the last year or so. We decided when we signed the contract we’d go ahead and get one. We got a 21-foot boat. It’s less of a luxury boat and more of a hot rod. We can pull the kids in a tube with it.

*insert obvious “Ryan/Boat/Vikings/Naughty stuff on a lake” joke here*

My son, Reece, is 4, and my daughter, Shaye, is 3. You cannot get away with anything. Your kids are constantly observing and picking up what you say and do. You have to watch how you act.

Like talking like a complete ass?

We go out the back gate of the community we live in and we’re 12 minutes from Disney World. We have season passes. The kids love it, and Sarah and I are big kids. We love it.

Which explains his tendency to act like a fucking baby.

I play golf. I’m pretty good at it. I’m plus-1.7, which is on the other side of zero. I’m better than scratch. I won the club championship a couple of weeks ago.

Pat yourself a little harder on the back. Anybody else here that story of poor little Ryan stomping off the course when the Rookie Aaron Rodgers beat his ass at golf? [one of those stories that makes it’s way around the GB area]

I get up every morning at 6 o’clock and work out. I get to the driving range at 7:15, and I’m usually the first guy to tee off. The carts here go 20 miles an hour. I play nine holes in 50 minutes, 18 holes in an hour and 45 minutes. Usually, I’m back in the door about 9:30.

Those ViQueen fans must really be thrilled.

We live in Isleworth. This is where Tiger Woods and Mark O’Meara also live. We’re in the same community. We live off the fourth hole of the golf course.

Name dropper?

There are guys I know who have just become Viking fans. I talked to Lee Janzen. He was born in Minnesota and was pretty happy about the whole thing. It’s hard to get Tiger out of the Raider days. He grew up near them. He’s dyed in the wool.

Can we get a show of hands of how many people switch teams because there favorite KICKER moved. Oh shit, that’s good.

My favorite movie is “Top Gun.” It was the first movie I saw that just kind of wowed me. It was the first movie I can remember seeing that had the great soundtrack and jets, and Kelly McGillis was cute at the time. I was about 11 when it came out. I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the Navy. When we travel on the road, “Top Gun” is in my envelope of DVDs.

Anybody else picture Longwell as Maverick and BJ Sanders as Goose? If that were the case, Maverick would have THROWN Goose out of the cockpit like Longwell threw Sanders under the bus for his missed kicks.

My favorite TV show is “The Office.” I cannot get enough of “The Office.” I think it’s the funniest show I’ve ever seen. I just roll when Dwight starts making some comments. It’s cast so well.

But I love The Office, damn……moving on.

I played soccer and baseball growing up. In seventh grade, I went out for football for the first time. I stayed with baseball and football all the way through my senior year of high school. I played quarterback, kicked and punted.

Very impressive, now go kick the ball Ryan.

If a movie was made about my life, who would I want to play me? I think Tom Cruise.

Oh man, that’s fitting, maybe you two can come out of the closet together.

If I could change anything about my life, I would give myself the ability to sing. You don’t want to hear me sing. I’ve always watched “American Idol.” Simon Cowell would say I would be a karaoke version of a bad pub singer in England.

Then you could entertain all your new friends on your next “boating” adventure.

The best advice I ever got was from my dad. From day one, he told me to always show class. I’ve lived my life that way. There’s “please” and “thank you” and “do the right thing at the right time.”

Ummmmm…….see comment number one. His dad sounds smart, what happened to Ryan?

The worst advice I ever got was: “Why don’t you just kick it in the end zone in December in Lambeau?” Not going to happen. It’s impossible.

lol, yeah, because Ryan couldn’t do it, it’s IMPOSSIBLE.

If I could trade places for a day with any celebrity, I’d probably pick Tiger Woods. I’ve played golf with him. I can hit the ball a long way — 290, 295 yards off the tee — and he’s still 60 yards longer than me. I’d like to do what he can do for a day. He has another gear that’s just incredible.

Wow, Ryan is friends with Tiger Woods, we get that Ryan. [you’ve mentioned it enough] I bet that will earn you a lot of respect in the locker room. Oh wait…..nope…..youâ ‚¬â„¢re still a KICKER.

I want my epitaph to say, “Here lies Ryan Longwell, who lived his life with dignity and class.”

This is too easy, I’m not even going to touch that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

esoxx
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
That was freakin' hilarious!! Thanks for posting that Michele.

He was/is a good kicker, but his whining got on my nerves. You're a damn kicker so shut up and kick. Rayner's got it right. No excuses or cryin'.

That Applebee's dig shows his level of class imo.

He'll always be Cry'n Longwell to me.

chewy-bacca
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I could prob. find his house here in no time. all the clues....back gate, 12 mins. from the mouse, the butler chain of lakes.....I think I might have to look into it.

chewy-bacca
10-31-2006, 05:15 PM

Kiwon
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
The writer is working off an old article from the summer.

Ryan Longwell was a fine kicker and won a ton of games for the Pack. I have no ill feelings against him because he left via free agency and made more money for himself and his family.

Rayner shows a lot of promise and Longwell is doing okay as well. Enough said.

Packer fans run the gambit from thoughtful to the jerk that wanted to shoot MM's dog after this season's first loss. I guess that guy's father was the idiot that killed Dan Devine's dog and threw it on his front porch. Classless!

packinpatland
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Michele, that was great.
Who would have thought he was such an ass?

billy_oliver880
10-31-2006, 06:45 PM
He is rather self serving isn't he. :roll:

Brando19
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
For God's sake, Ryan...YOU'RE A KICKER!!! Nothing more!
Ryan Longwell definitely forgot where he came from. What a loser. I hope the puss breaks his big toe and is out the season.

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Wonder what he would think if Rayner made it to the Pro Bowl this year!!! :shock:

Where is our stat guru, Patler, with information on the leading kickers in the NFC ?? :wink:

Partial
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM
a bit bitter are we? I didn't find the article that self-involved or ridiculous. He actually seems like a good guy. I don't think he was ripping on GB as much as saying he looks forward to a bigger city. You cannot blaim a guy for not liking living in Green Bay, in my opinion. If I had millions and millions of dollars I don't think i'd want to live there either!

BF4MVP
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
I always liked Longwell..Always seemed like a nice guy..Would always appear on local Packer shows, and always seemed very personable..

Even signing with the Viqueens didn't piss me off that much..But when a guy rips the city I live in, I lose a lot of respect for him....

BallHawk
10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
"There are guys I know who have just become Viking fans. I talked to Lee Janzen. He was born in Minnesota and was pretty happy about the whole thing. It’s hard to get Tiger out of the Raider days. He grew up near them. He’s dyed in the wool.

Can we get a show of hands of how many people switch teams because there favorite KICKER moved. Oh shit, that’s good."

LOL :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, I appreicate what Ryan did for our franchise, and he was a great Field Goal kicker for us. He is a good guy, but the Applebee comment was unnecesary.

Bretsky
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes, what the heck was he thinking. They have a Texas Roadhouse in Green Bay !!!

Anyways, I'm glad Raymer is working out well. Because Longwell was an outstanding kicker for the Green Bay Packers. I have no sour grapes toward any ex Packer except Javon Walker..........even though I still feel those dealing were BOTH his and TT's fault.

B

esoxx
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
a bit bitter are we? I didn't find the article that self-involved or ridiculous. He actually seems like a good guy. I don't think he was ripping on GB as much as saying he looks forward to a bigger city. You cannot blaim a guy for not liking living in Green Bay, in my opinion. If I had millions and millions of dollars I don't think i'd want to live there either!

But he didn't live in GB, he lives in Florida. He was paid to do his job in GB, and paid rather well. It just seems small of him to make backhanded remarks on the way out of town.

superfan
10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Good article and fun commentary!

As for least popular ex-Packer... gotta put Mike Mac on that list. Used to like him a lot, and he set a bad example for Javon and others to follow.

Tarlam!
11-01-2006, 01:23 AM
...I'm glad Raymer is working out well...... I have no sour grapes toward any ex Packer except Javon Walker..........

Liked the article, was good for some chucks. I just hated his cryin' about the holder, otherwise, he's O.K.

We'll see how Rayner kicks in the snow and ice in December. Kicking a 55 yarder in Miami is not akin to hitting the endzone in Lambeau on Xmas Day.

I also haven't forgiven J-Walk or MM. Apart from that, good luck to all ex-Packers and thanx for their contributions.

Patler
11-01-2006, 07:37 AM
I found this posted on http://green-n-gold.com/blog/?p=63
It's good for a few laughs!

Here’s Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell:

I get up every morning at 6 o’clock and work out. I get to the driving range at 7:15, ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, those NFL kickers are finely tuned athletes!

Wakes at 6:00, at the driving range by 7:15. In between he:

dresses for his "work out" and for golf (one, maybe two different outfits)
eats breakfast, drinks orange juice, coffee, water or something
brushes his teeth, combs his hair
does his other bathroom "duties"
showers after his "workout"?
drives his golf cart from his home to the driving range.
AND has time for a 'WORKOUT"?

Must be one heck of a "workout" in those 75 minutes between waking up and hitting that first golf ball on the driving range!

KYPack
11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
The writer is working off an old article from the summer.

Ryan Longwell was a fine kicker and won a ton of games for the Pack. I have no ill feelings against him because he left via free agency and made more money for himself and his family.

Rayner shows a lot of promise and Longwell is doing okay as well. Enough said.

Packer fans run the gambit from thoughtful to the jerk that wanted to shoot MM's dog after this season's first loss. I guess that guy's father was the idiot that killed Dan Devine's dog and threw it on his front porch. Classless!

Yer right Kiwon, that was a "re-warmed" story from camp.

The "fan that killed Dan Devine's dog and threw it on his front porch" story isn't accurate. Somewhere on here is a thread in which Donny Anderson describes Devine as a "Piece of shit human being".

The dog story is an example of Dan Devine at his lowest.

Devine built a nice house out west of Green Bay in an area that was then country and/or farm land. Devine had a dog which he allowed to roam freely thru-out the countryside. This dog repeatedly killed the neighboring farmers chickens. When the farmers asked Devine to leash the pet, or compensate them for their loss, Devine gave them a snotty reply.

Soon after, the dog killed a bunch of chickens, but was shot for his transgressions.

The "irate fan" part of the tale didn't happen. Devine made that up so people would feel sorry for him. By the end of Devine's run, he was the most hated (by the locals) coach in Pack history.

Longwell is a plus handicap? Whoa, that's some good golfin'!

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
I always liked Ryan. Listened to him a lot on a weekly late night ESPN radio show called "4th and Longwell." He's a solid guy. I didn't like the complaints about the holder, and the Applebee's comment was uncalled for. More than anything else, I wish he hadn't gone to the Vikings (or Bears). Otherwise, I'd be rooting for him to make every kick.

Badgerinmaine
11-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Lots of people take digs at their old team when they go, and he certainly wasn't as nasty about it as, say, Mike McKenzie. But I agree with HW about the Applebee's comment--if Brett Favre's steakhouse is still down the street from the stadium, that's one of the fanciest and best places I have ever eaten (when my brother lived in Allouez, he took me out there and thankfully picked up the check :smile: ) Or is he saying it doesn't count 'cause it's in Ashwaubenon? :wink:

Brando19
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Lots of people take digs at their old team when they go, and he certainly wasn't as nasty about it as, say, Mike McKenzie. But I agree with HW about the Applebee's comment--if Brett Favre's steakhouse is still down the street from the stadium, that's one of the fanciest and best places I have ever eaten (when my brother lived in Allouez, he took me out there and thankfully picked up the check :smile: ) Or is he saying it doesn't count 'cause it's in Ashwaubenon? :wink:

I actually loved Brett Favre's Steakhouse. I wear the t shirt I bought there in September quite often!