PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry insults our troops

Kiwon
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
John Kerry advises students, “If you make the effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

What an elitist, self-righteous, despicable loser! He, himself, is proof positive that a ‘D’ student (like he was at Yale) can be a United States senator (from Massachusetts, at least). I bet 99.9% of the soldiers and their families that he insulted know enough football to recall that the Packers play at Lambeau Field, not “Lambert Field” as he once said.

He has no genuine respect for the tens of thousands of patriotic Americans that love their country, volunteer for military service and risk their lives in order to defend it. The thought of turning control of the war on terror over to people like this is disgusting.

Vote Democratic on Tuesday and you’re voting for disaster.

ahaha
10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
He has no genuine respect for the tens of thousands of patriotic Americans that love their country, volunteer for military service and risk their lives in order to defend it.

Like himself?

ahaha
10-31-2006, 05:30 PM

Shouldn't you vote for the best candidate, no matter what party he is, instead of blindly voting for all candidates from one party?

pacfan
10-31-2006, 05:35 PM

Kerry's comment is stupid and insulting.

yet, your bullshit comment ranks right up there as well.

Kiwon
10-31-2006, 06:37 PM

Kerry's comment is stupid and insulting.

yet, your bullshit comment ranks right up there as well.

BS, huh? So educate me....

What will the party of Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi, Howard Dean, Murtha, Durbin, Dodd, Feingold, Boxer, Clinton, etc., do to defeat Islamic radicals that use suicide tactics, kill innocents, behead others and tape it for propaganda, and are seeking nuclear weapons?

They have had 3 years to come up with specific plans and the best they have is "Cut and Run." They threw Joe Lieberman out of the party because he supported the war. What does that say about their commitment?

Durbin, Murtha, Kerry have consistently attacked the troops accusing them of torture. If these guys were in power during 1941-1945 German would be the dominant language in England.

ahaha is right....one should vote for the best candidate rather than the party. I will be happy to vote Democratic if I thought it would do any good.

Where are the principled Democratic leaders that will protect our country, defeat the enemy, and win the war on terror?

ahaha
10-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Dude, seriously, you need to stop watching Fox news so much.
Specific plans? Is there a specific plan out there created by the Republicans? I wasn't aware the mid-term elections were about voting one way or the other on a plan to fight terrorism.

Durbin, Murtha, Kerry have consistently attacked the troops accusing them of torture. If these guys were in power during 1941-1945 German would be the dominant language in England.

Where does this come from? Did all three of these democrats say they are against our troops? That doesn't make much sense to me. Is it possible you're making these judgements based on some critical comments they made involving Abu Garib? Or maybe you might be inferring too much from some comment they each made?
And, it was the party you dislike so much that had power during WWII.

pacfan
10-31-2006, 07:23 PM
BS, huh? So educate me....

What will the party of Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi, Howard Dean, Murtha, Durbin, Dodd, Feingold, Boxer, Clinton, etc., do to defeat Islamic radicals that use suicide tactics, kill innocents, behead others and tape it for propaganda, and are seeking nuclear weapons?

They have had 3 years to come up with specific plans and the best they have is "Cut and Run." They threw Joe Lieberman out of the party because he supported the war. What does that say about their commitment?

ahaha is right....one should vote for the best candidate rather than the party. I will be happy to vote Democratic if I thought it would do any good.

Where are the principled Democratic leaders that will protect our country, defeat the enemy, and win the war on terror?

Yeah, your comment is bullshit and your education is your own problem.

Unless you’re from Massachusetts, it really doesn’t matter what Kerry does or says. It was a stupid insulting comment about the US military and the education system. Its simple-minded to attach his inane comments to a political party or group of people. He is a member of the minority party and nothing but an empty suit. AND if you are from Massachusetts its your damn fault that he’s in office to begin with.

I guess Mark Foley represents the Republican party of family values and their attempt to connect with America’s youth huh?

...and the Dems were in power during 1941-1945

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Shouldn't you vote for the best candidate, no matter what party he is, instead of blindly voting for all candidates from one party?

agreed 100%, ahaha. I cannot wait for all this election crap to be over with. I am so sick of the ads, the damn phone calls with a recording telling me who I should vote for, people knocking on my door asking if they can put a "Mark Green for governor" sign in my yard, etc.

What sucks about the elections is that it seems to come down to which candidate you dislike less.

BallHawk
10-31-2006, 09:49 PM
God, I hope Obama runs.

GBRulz
10-31-2006, 09:52 PM
I hope Oprah runs :lol:

Zool
10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
...and the Dems were in power during 1941-1945Facts Schmacts lets start up a good ol' chatfight. We havent had one in a while. Im gonna be flailing wildly with haymakers cause I dont have much interest in politics.

If you're rich and/or old you're republican. Otherwise you're a democrat. There can be no inbetween!

Republican sounds alot like the Republic. The Emperor in Star Wars started up the republican party. Cheney is Darth Vader. I guess that makes JFK Obi Wan and Clinton can be Luke.

That crazy guy that ran last election screaming about the states....he can be Han Solo.

There, thats about as pointless as I can get tonight.

Partial
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
God, I hope Obama runs.

You're young and foolish, padawan. The man is ridiculously popular but lets not forget something like 70% of the votes for him are out of Chicago.

He won't win. He's black and too young. Personally, I wouldn't mind a lieberman or a younger less of a sell out McCain.

Jimx29
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Dude, seriously, you need to stop watching Fox news so much.
Sigworthy

Partial
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
m gonna be flailing wildly with haymakers cause I dont have much interest in politics.

I've been waiting for a situation to arise where I can deliver a haymaker without having to deal with any real reprocussions. Ideally, i've been hoping for a bar fight to break out where I can just punch a guy and jet. Not be the actual cause of the fight, but one of those guys that gets involved just for the sake of throwing a punch or two.

Partial
10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
If you're rich and/or old you're republican. Otherwise you're a democrat. There can be no inbetween![quote]

Lies! I'm young and poor and essentially agree with all the issue stances of the Libertarian party of wisconsin.

[quote]
Republican sounds alot like the Republic. The Emperor in Star Wars started up the republican party. Cheney is Darth Vader. I guess that makes JFK Obi Wan and Clinton can be Luke.

Colin Powell can be Chewbacca. He was always level-headed.

That crazy guy that ran last election screaming about the states....he can be Han Solo.

agreed. Nerd law? Nerd law!

There, thats about as pointless as I can get tonight.

I don't believe it, I won't believe it.

Zool
10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Nerd Law. Love it. Gotta get the cast from Revenge of the Nerds to make a couple commercials. But only if Booger, Wormser and Lamar show up.

GBRulz
11-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Nerd Law. Love it. Gotta get the cast from Revenge of the Nerds to make a couple commercials. But only if Booger, Wormser and Lamar show up.

Don't forget, Ogar converted to a nerd as well! He would make a fine addition!

Zool
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM

Don't forget, Ogar converted to a nerd as well! He would make a fine addition!Oh yeah....Part 2. How could I forget the HOTel cORAL esSEX.

pacfan
11-01-2006, 08:49 AM
LOL!!!

This would be a textbook example (if anybody were ever to write one, do they still use text book, I wonder?) of how to obfuscate a political discussion.

Nerd Law, I love it!!! :bow:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I enjoy how the conservatives/republicans/morons cherry pick the quote. This is another swift boat situation. Repub smear machine in full force.

If you read the whole quote it is pretty clear that he is insulting the president. That is you study hard, get good grades, you don't get involved in a quagmire in Iraq.

Here is the exact quote: He said: "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Can I see how it could be misconstrued or taken advantage of, YES.

Kerry was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

Furthermore, I, like Kerry, am tired of those who DELIBERATELY got out of service criticizing those who volunteered. I don't care if Kerry or Gore washed dishes, at least they volunteered.

Bush: Texas Air Guard (going into flight school is the oldest dodge in the book), Cheney got a deferral something like 5 times, Rumsfield was an aviator/instructor and transferred to the reserves. The following never served one day in the military yet are the architects of this war and send our troops in harms way: Condi, Wolfie, Perle, Feith, and Rove.

Prominent Repubs who never served: John Ashcroft, U.S. Attorney General,
Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House, Tom Delay, Former House Majority Leader, Bill Frist, Senate Majority Leader, Roy Blunt, House Whip, Saxby Chambliss, (attacked Max Cleland), Jon Kyl, Senator (R-AZ), Phil Gramm, Rick Santorum, Senator (R-PA), Trent Lott, US Senator, Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker, Rudy Giuliani, Former NYC Mayor, Jeb Bush, Florida Governor.

Dems that served: Gephardt, Kennedy, Kerry, Kerrey, Clark, Holings, Rangel, Gray Davis, McGovern, Cleland, Harkin, Daschle, Carter, Mondale, and Gore.

MSM that never served: Rush, Coulter, Buchanon, Hume, Hannity, Kristol, O'reilly, Bill Bennett, Savage, etc.

Interesting that Dan Rather served, as did Lehrer, Buckley, Safire, and Kos.

Repubs criticizing the war have served: McCain, Hagel, Graham, etc.

Kiwon: If you are in the military, I applaud and honor your service. However, if you think those in charge have your best interest at heart then you are delusional. They deliberately ignored troop recommendations, had no plan for reconstruction, lied about intel, continue to act like an ostrich about the current situation, etc. As General Tommy Franks said about Feith, "the most stupid fucking man in the world."

mraynrand
11-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Tyrone,

You complained about cherry picking, but I didn't notice a section where you list the Republicans who have served or the Dems who haven't served. Perhaps you'll edit that, but I doubt it.

BallHawk
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Believe me, if Obama ran, he would win. He's black, so what? Maybe that will bring more of the African-American voters out.

Also, and I'm dead serious, Oprah makes an impact in the election. She loves Obama, and if she backs Obama, females will vote for him. Just look, she says to buy a certain book, and they buy it.

Partial
11-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Obama will not win. He won't run. Feingold has a better chance at winning then Obama. Like I said, too young, too black, and being as Chicago is one of the biggest cities in the world its naturally going to be progressive and liberal. All those folks down their in Alabama may not appreciate a black president, just yet.

If there will be a black president, it'll be Colin Powell. He'd win, but he won't run. Why you ask? He has stated many, many times he is afraid of his inevitable assassination if he became president.

pacfan
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Tyrone,

You complained about cherry picking, but I didn't notice a section where you list the Republicans who have served or the Dems who haven't served. Perhaps you'll edit that, but I doubt it.

does the list exist?

Joemailman
11-01-2006, 07:58 PM
If there will be a black president, it'll be Colin Powell. He'd win, but he won't run. Why you ask? He has stated many, many times he is afraid of his inevitable assassination if he became president.

Not doubting you, but when did Powell say he fears assassination if he became President? I've never heard him say it.

Jimx29
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6255/stuckiniraqnx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

GBRulz
11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
OMG Cyberski, that is hilarious !!!!

BallHawk
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Anybody see Keith Olberman's speech on countdown tonight?

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Anybody see Keith Olberman's speech on countdown tonight?

Olberman is a tool--just like Limbaugh, Franken, Moore, and all the rest.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Tyrone,

Plenty of Dems haven't served, just like Repubs. I clearly listed Safire and Buckley. I could have listed Dem MSM that haven't served. However, the Dems aren't CHEERLEADING this war.

The point of the list was PROMINENT party members. Which Dem besides Pelosi and Clinton would you like to see? I wouldn't list women Repubs or Dems as I wouldn't expect most of them to have served.

I didn't mention the 55 vets running for office that ARE NOT Repubs. Nor did i go into the obvious manipulation of the system: Newt Gingrich, ex-Speaker of the House, went the Cheney route [of obtaining deferments]; Kenneth Starr, Clinton's legal nemesis, had psoriasis; Jack Kemp, Dole's running mate in 1996, was unfit because of a knee injury, though he heroically continued as a National Football League quarterback for another eight years; Pat Buchanan had arthritis in his knees, though he soon became an avid jogger.

Try reading and COMPREHENDING next time.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2006, 01:20 AM

Not doubting you, but when did Powell say he fears assassination if he became President? I've never heard him say it.

I've never heard HIM, but his wife has talked about fearing for his safety.

Obama stands no chance. He is a media darling, but the media, once he made a decision would investigate more and tear him down. Nothing partisan about that, it is the nature of the game.

Furthermore, what has he actually done? Then again Bush was elected and he did nothing prior to his presidency.

I've just convinced myself the Obama can win. Cept for the folks who would never vote for a minority.