PDA

View Full Version : Roster 2007 - Injured players

pittstang5
01-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Just wondering what are some thoughts on the guys that finished on injured reserve this year. I was just looking at the roster and there's quite a few guys I can't wait to see what they can do next year. Also, there's some on here, I feel, will be gone.

Underwood - I was so upset when he got injured. He was having an awesome camp. I think he and Collins are the starting Safeties next year. Manuel will either be gone or backing up.

Kendrick Allen - if he lives up to his size (6'-5" 328) he and Picket could be great in the middle, but we all know how that can work sometimes - see Donnell Washington. I'll be pulling for him to show me something. One good thing though, is he'll have the current younger guys pushing for more playing time - Williams, Cole and Jolly. If Allen can't beat out these guys...bu bye.

Blackman - Damn! I really wanted this kid to do something, but he was always hurt. This team needs a PR/KR and nickelback - He can do it.....I hope!

Kevin Barry - He got injured real early and no one knows what he could or can't do. I don't think Guard is his position in this offense, nor did I ever. He'll have to beat out Moll at RT, who sucks, but we all knew he was a project anyway. My gut says TT stays with the youth and he's gone. Sherman petitions the Texans GM and picks him up for the revitalized U-71 package to be "instrumental" in Houston's success next year. (HA!)

Fergie - I'm going against the grain and saying he'll be around another year....provided he stays healthy for TC, etc. Don't know why, but the coaches like this teaser and he stays with the Pack for one more year.

Montgomery - Um....um....um. Don't know about this cat. When he did play, I don't remember seeing anything special. With Kampman locked up, Jenkins emerging, KGB still on the roster (and I believe he stays on the roster for 2007), Tollefson, Hunter and proably a draft pick competing with him for a backup....Montgomery doesn't make it.

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
It's a damn shame Underwood had to lose a whole year of experience. If you listen to TT, he claims Manuel played ok. I'd be willing to bet Manuel opens next season as our starter.

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I got to impersonate the great Bretsky!

Who am I? Who are You? Who is anyone??????????????

prsnfoto
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I too think the defense looks very good next year as long as someone sreps up at safety. Ferguson,KGB, and Allen is probably gone Barry signed a deal last year so he probably stays,Ferguson's injury has a low recovery rate and he was bad before, two steps slower hes a corpse. I liked Allen but I think he only signed a one year deal and TT will go with the youth movement,KGB has SB left to absorb but his salary next year is 5 million he takes a cut(fatchance) or he is gone. They have to sign Jenkins and possibly Green and can easily do that with the KGB and Ferguson money that still leaves 25-30 million 6 for the draft choices and TT could sign 3 huge offensive studs I hope he does.

swede
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I too think the defense looks very good next year as long as someone sreps up at safety... that still leaves 25-30 million 6 for the draft choices and TT could sign 3 huge offensive studs I hope he does.

Agreed. Draft D, draft O line, and get offensive talent from the Free Agent market.

MJZiggy
01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I wanna see if Blackmon will be anywhere near what they thought he would when they drafted him.

And I think you're right about Underwood. I would love to see what he can do out there.

The Shadow
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Underwood & Blackmon could be great additions to a defense on the way up.

Joemailman
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I think they have probably had it with Fergie. Montgomery needs to step it up or he will be gone. The rest have excellent chances to be key contributors nest year. When everyone is at camp in the summer, it will be obvious that TT has improved the depth on this team in a big way.