PDA

View Full Version : Sherman = New OC in Houston

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
This should save a little bit of money for the Packers organization.

Texans name Sherman offensive coordinator among coaching moves

HOUSTON (Ticker) - The Houston Texans on Wednesday named former Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman offensive coordinator.

Sherman is the fourth offensive coordinator in franchise history. He replaces Troy Calhoun, who left to take the top coaching job at Air Force.

Partial
01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Excellent!

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
You are making me want my old avartar back.
:oops:

hurleyfan
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
You are making me want my old avartar back.
:oops:

C'mon Partial, give it back!!

If Shermie gets an H/C job, does the money "saved" get used against the salary cap? We can't use it for players can we??

Guiness
01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
nyet. Coaching budget does not come out of salary cap, it comes out of the bottom line. Which us fans don't care so much about, but is pretty important to the guys running the show!

btw that's sometimes percieved as a 'hole' in the cap. A team like Washington can buy the coaching staff it needs (look at the $5mil he spent on Spurrier - unheard of at the time) while Minnesota's got Tice at $1mil/year. Of course, Washington has also shown you can spend that money as foolishly as cap money.

MacCool606
01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
How long before Sherman makes the phone call to TT inquiring about the availability of Kevin Barry? Maybe Jersey #71 is available in Houston too. Larry Beightol is available to coach the line.