PDA

View Full Version : 24

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Since mad deleated our old 24 thread and i didnt like the old ones i figured we should start a new one... Now where were we

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Greatest show on the face of the earth

Can't believe Curtis was shot by Jack

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM

I know that still makes me pissed

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM

I know that still makes me pissed

Important people have to die each year; those writers are great

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Yea but pretty soon there gana kill everyone off except for jack, and then there gana try to kill jack off but jack wont die

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
But yea i actually was more pissed when they killed Pres. Palmer the first.. I loved that guy, but my favorite part is after u find out he dies it went ot comercial break and he did a state farm comercial

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 09:38 PM
But yea i actually was more pissed when they killed Pres. Palmer the first.. I loved that guy, but my favorite part is after u find out he dies it went ot comercial break and he did a state farm comercial

Palmer was a bummer, as was Edgar.

But Michelle was very disappointing; they've killed off too many hottied in that show. I still remember the short lesbian scene from year one; that's what probably got me hooked.

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
hmm have to look for that scene... Was it last seasons? yea i really liked edgar, him and cloey were like the comic relief. I also didnt like the ending to tony

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 09:41 PM
hmm have to look for that scene... Was it last seasons? yea i really liked edgar, him and cloey were like the comic relief. I also didnt like the ending to tony

Nope the scene was from Season One; very first year.

I dug Cloey and Edgar too; cannot stand Cloey's new guy

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM

Morris?

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Morris?

Yes, Morris is a cat name; not a hard ass name...lol...

Love the new hottie this year though

I'm waiting for Jack's daughter to skimpily show up.

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh yes Kim :oops:

Yea Natayla is the new girl shes niceeeee i dont like the guy thats with karren in the white house

GBRulz
01-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Curtis is gone. Tony is gone. This show needs more hotties. Rumor has it Chad Lowe has signed on to come on the show....oh yeah !!! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Elisha Cuthbert better be in this season.

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Curtis is gone. Tony is gone. This show needs more hotties. Rumor has it Chad Lowe has signed on to come on the show....oh yeah !!! :lol:

Curtis is not dead yet; the show needs Kim.

She's used 24 to springboard her career, well...that...and a bit of nudity in a couple movies she was in.

She needs to go back to her roots.

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Elisha Cuthbert better be in this season.

Oh she is, and she's mighty fine. You better stay out of here though if you aren't watching; this year we're discussing plot.

B

MadtownPacker
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Can't believe Curtis was shot by JackThats what he gets for trusting a white man with a gun.

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Can't believe Curtis was shot by JackThats what he gets for trusting a white man with a gun.

Mad, are you becoming a 24 addict ?

GBRulz
01-17-2007, 10:21 PM

She's used 24 to springboard her career, well...that...and a bit of nudity in a couple movies she was in.

Curtis IS dead !

I think that new girl on the show (don't know her name off hand, she works in CTU) is much prettier than Jack's bitchy daughter

GBRulz
01-17-2007, 10:23 PM
The 10 most moving minutes of the show so far.... Curtis being shot and the nuke going off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzd67LlTwZs

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Curtis IS dead !

I think that new girl on the show (don't know her name off hand, she works in CTU) is much prettier than Jack's bitchy daughter

At the end of the show they were carting Curtis off, but I don't think there was confirmation Curtis is dead....maybe I'm wrong.

I was surprised Jack shot to kill there.

GBRulz
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
B, I wasn't sure either, so I went on the Fox 24 site and it said in the epidsode guide that Jack went into despair about Curtis's death.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I was surprised Jack shot to kill there.
Thats what Im talking bout!!

I watched the last hour of 24 to see what all you mofos where talking about. I found it interesting enough and action packed but Im not really into espionage stuff like that.

But your hero Jack didnt need to smoke his suppose-to-be-tight homie like that in the neck. He could have shot him on the arm holding the gun but instead he saw a black man with a gun and decide to settle it own his terms. Im not sure if the shows storyline is that that is all Jack Bauer knows how to do but when he did it I was like DAMNNN!!!! Over some terrorist??????

Nice drama fo shure though and the nuke at the end made me feel it was worth spending an hour watching.

Charles Woodson
01-18-2007, 02:56 PM

Curtis IS dead !

Nadia Yassir

EXPERIENCE:
CTU - Associate Special Agent in Charge, Los Angeles Domestic Unit
CTU – Director of Intelligence, Detroit Domestic Unit
CIA – Senior Intelligence Agent
CIA – Intelligence Agent for Middle East Territories

EXPERTISE:
Fluency in Arabic
Searches and documents

HONORS:
Commendation from CIA for her work penetrating Arab terrorist cells in Detroit

EDUCATION:
CIA Academy, Quantico VA
Bachelor of Arts, Languages – University of Michigan

BTW curtis is dead if you go on
http://www.fox.com/24/profiles/cm.htm

it says deceased..

Also I hate the guy Thomas Lenox hes the guy in Homeland security with Karren.. B is he the same guy that screwed up the recording last season?

GBRulz
01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Are you talking about James Heller, the Sec of Defense who handed over the recording to Logan last year? If so, then no, it's not the same person. Tom's character as the President's advisor, is new this year. Isn't that what Mike Novik was to Logan last year though?

Charles Woodson
01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you talking about James Heller, the Sec of Defense who handed over the recording to Logan last year? If so, then no, it's not the same person. Tom's character as the President's advisor, is new this year. Isn't that what Mike Novik was to Logan last year though?

speaking of mike where the hell is he i liked him

GoPackGo
01-18-2007, 04:58 PM
well...that...and a bit of nudity in a couple movies she was in.

can i get a confirmation on the nudity?

GBRulz
01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I read where the Muslim community is once again protesting against the show. They did this back in Season 4, I believe.

I'd have to say that I don't agree with them blaming the show. It's just that, a show. 9/11 changed the way many feel towards Muslims. It's not because of race, it's just how it is. I have absolutely nothing against people just because of their race or religion, but I have a hard time believing anyone who says they don't take a 2nd look if one is sitting near you on an airplane with a briefcase or trenchcoat. We are just very suspicious of people in general and tend to be more attentive to our surroundings. 9/11 changed that, not 24.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/19/24.muslims.ap/index.html

CLIFTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Two years ago, Muslim groups protested when the plot of the hit Fox drama '24' cast Islamic terrorists as the villains who launched a stolen nuclear missile in an attack on America.

Now, after a one-year respite during which Russian separatists played the bad guys on the critically acclaimed series, Muslims are back in the evil spotlight. Unlike last time, when agent Jack Bauer saved the day, the terrorists this time have already succeeded in detonating a nuclear bomb in a Los Angeles suburb.

Being portrayed again as the heartless wrongdoers has drawn renewed protests from Muslim groups, including one that had a meeting with Fox executives two years ago over the issue. (Watch why "24" is worrying Muslims)

"The overwhelming impression you get is fear and hatred for Muslims," said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. She said Thursday she was distressed by this season's premiere. "After watching that show, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality."

She said the group had a conference call Wednesday with Fox executives to protest the current plot line and request more positive portrayals of Muslims on the show, but was not promised anything.

After a January 2005 meeting with CAIR, Fox aired a commercial in which the show's star, Kiefer Sutherland, urged viewers to keep in mind that the show's villains are not representative of all Muslims.

In a written statement issued late Wednesday night, the network said it has not singled out any ethnic or religious group for blame in creating its characters.

"24 is a heightened drama about anti-terrorism," the statement read. "After five seasons, the audience clearly understands this, and realizes that any individual, family, or group (ethnic or otherwise) that engages in violence is not meant to be typical.

"Over the past several seasons, the villains have included shadowy Anglo businessmen, Baltic Europeans, Germans, Russians, Islamic fundamentalists, and even the (Anglo-American) president of the United States," the network said. "The show has made a concerted effort to show ethnic, religious and political groups as multidimensional, and political issues are debated from multiple viewpoints."

The current season began with Muslim terrorists waging an 11-week campaign of suicide bombings across America, culminating in the detonation of a suitcase-sized nuclear bomb in Valencia, California, about 26 miles north of Los Angeles. Estimated death toll: 12,000.

Watching the show's characters talk about detonating a nuclear weapon a few blocks from where she works unnerved Sireen Sawaf, an official with the Los Angeles-based Muslim Public Affairs Council, and a self-described "huge '24' fan."

"It's a great show, and I do realize it's a multidimensional show that portrays extreme situations," she said. "They have gone out of their way to have non-Muslim terror cells.

"But I'm concerned about the image it ingrains in the minds of the American public and the American government, particularly when you have anti-Muslim statements spewing from the mouths of government officials."

Sohail Mohammed, a New Jersey immigration lawyer who represented scores of detainees caught up in the post September 11, 2001 dragnet, watched the episode depicting the nuclear attack with an Associated Press reporter.

"I was shocked," he said. "Somewhere, some lunatic out there watching this will do something to an innocent American Muslim because he believes what he saw on TV."

Engy Abdelkader, a member of the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee from Howell, New Jersey, launched a campaign Wednesday to encourage Muslims offended by the program to complain to Fox.

"I found the portrayal of American Muslims to be pretty horrendous," she said. "It was denigrating from beginning to end. This is one of the most popular programs on television today. It's pretty distressing."

Concerns about Muslims' civil rights, detention of terror suspects in Guantanamo-like holding centers, and stereotyping are given vastly expanded treatment on '24' this year. In one exchange, the show depicts the president's national security adviser challenging the White House chief of staff over the detention of Muslims without criminal charges.

"Right now the American Muslim community is our greatest asset," the security adviser says. "They have provided law enforcement with hundreds of tips, and not a single member of that community has been implicated in these attacks."

"So far," the chief of staff responds.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

pacfan
01-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I read where the Muslim community is once again protesting against the show. They did this back in Season 4, I believe.

I'd have to say that I don't agree with them blaming the show. It's just that, a show. 9/11 changed the way many feel towards Muslims. It's not because of race, it's just how it is. I have absolutely nothing against people just because of their race or religion, but I have a hard time believing anyone who says they don't take a 2nd look if one is sitting near you on an airplane with a briefcase or trenchcoat. We are just very suspicious of people in general and tend to be more attentive to our surroundings. 9/11 changed that, not 24.

I completely disagree. Nobody went into culture-shock when Oklahoma City was blown apart by a white guy. Instead its been explained as a lone white guy acting all by himself, not a representation of white people. No crack-down on right-wing survival nutcases, no extra screening for renting U-Hauls, or even purchasing fertilizer.

Do you get nervous when you see large rental trucks parked outside government offices?

9/11 was about Muslim extremists committing horrible acts against the US. People afterwards use it to rationlize their own racial inclinations and make judgments about people they never met.

But I do agree that CAIR may be over-reacting to "24".

Partial
01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
David Palmer might be my most recognized commercial actor. He is in a million all-state commercials and a slew of other commercials as well. Very recognizable voice.

Freak Out
01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm still in season one so none of this means shit to me.....I was intrigued when I saw the trailer of the Rasputin looking Jack coming back from lockup or something. My wife’s hooked so I'll catch up fast.
How many episodes a season?

Bretsky
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm still in season one so none of this means shit to me.....I was intrigued when I saw the trailer of the Rasputin looking Jack coming back from lockup or something. My wife’s hooked so I'll catch up fast.

I think around 18 or something

Partial
01-19-2007, 05:46 PM

:lol:

I just finished watching season one. First ten hours a good. The rest is kinda eh.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 05:47 PM

I just finished watching season one. First ten hours a good. The rest is kinda eh.

haha only 4 more to go to catch up with us

Freak Out
01-19-2007, 06:34 PM

I just finished #8...pretty intense shit. Did I read somewhere up above about a lesbo episode or 3? Does it involve Bauers daughter or wife? :satan:

Bretsky
01-20-2007, 09:22 AM

I just finished #8...pretty intense shit. Did I read somewhere up above about a lesbo episode or 3? Does it involve Bauers daughter or wife? :satan:

Unfortunately no; it was just a couple young gals kissing

mmmdk
01-20-2007, 11:03 AM
24 glorifies torture. I'm sure Da Bush likes that. Yet, freedom of speech is important even though the hidden messages are of a maleficient nature. But Pentagon/FBI has blue stamped the show (that worries me)...I wonder, if there was even the slightest questioning of the methods used, would Pentagon/FBI then give the thumbs up!? Every warlike movie/TV series gets indirectly censored in the US, at least, money wise and if military equipment/knowledge is needed. Freedom of speech? I guess the boundaries gets nodged every day...and more rapidly in the post 9/11 era.

Who owns the press? Pentagon is NOT promoting it as they already "know" the truth. Beware of those claiming to behold the truth.

I like TV entertainment as much as the next guy but 24 is propaganda...they'd have been proud in the good ole Soviet Union & DDR. Even Putin is taking notes...IVAN LIKES DEMOCRACY - IS THIS WAY? IS VERY GOOD FOR OUR TRUTH. IVAN MAKE BASKET.

GBRulz
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I wonder if we start seeing Logan again, soon. He was in contact with the "bluetooth gang" alot and I noticed one of them in next weeks preview. I read where Logan is on the show this season, just don't know when or how many episodes.

Charles Woodson
01-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I wonder if we start seeing Logan again, soon. He was in contact with the "bluetooth gang" alot and I noticed one of them in next weeks preview. I read where Logan is on the show this season, just don't know when or how many episodes.

Yea its the main guy, hes really white and bald with glasses, hated those bastards too.

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
bump

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Note to self,

When Jack Bauer is enterigating you, dont swear on your familys life...
Damn

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 09:06 PM
interesting, Jack's brother is the head of the bluetooth gang.

IMO, 24 is moving really slow this season. Sure, the nuke and Curtis was a huge shocker, but other than that, it's kinda blah. Last season was my fav so far, and it's certainly going to be hard to beat.

But, I saw Chad Lowe on for next weeks show. Finally, some eye candy for the women :lol:

BallHawk
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM

IMO, 24 is moving really slow this season. Sure, the nuke and Curtis was a huge shocker, but other than that, it's kinda blah. Last season was my fav so far, and it's certainly going to be hard to beat.

But, I saw Chad Lowe on for next weeks show. Finally, some eye candy for the women :lol:

Is he the guy from Life Goes On?

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Is he the guy from Life Goes On?

Wow! You know about that show? It's been off the air since the early 90's! but yes, Chad Lowe played jesse, the guy with AIDS. In real life, he was married to Hilary Swank until recently and also, Rob Lowe is his older brother.

BallHawk
01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
We watched it in school for sex awareness or something. Wasn't half bad, actually.

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM

Yea well it looks like jack doesnt care about his brother

I have a theory that Greys wife had an affair with jack and that the kid is jacks and merrideths

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 10:10 PM
We watched it in school for sex awareness or something. Wasn't half bad, actually.

Oh ok. I was wondering how you knew about it, since it went off the air about the time you were born!

I loved that show!

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
This show certainly generates some higher profile actors. James Cromwell to play Jack's Dad!! he's been in a ton of movies.... I think playing Mr. Skolnick in Revenge of the Nerds gave him his big break !!

GoPackGo
01-23-2007, 12:13 AM
oh so it was Jacks brother who was calling shots for the terrorists in season 4. I can't wait until Jack realizes and tears him a new one. I'm also wondering what Jack's dads part is in this.

Charles Woodson
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
its backkkk

Bretsky
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I hated that pimp on ER; he's a jerkoff on 24 too

GBRulz
01-29-2007, 10:22 PM
What the heck is Tom's agenda? That guy is an absolute DICK !

Bretsky
01-29-2007, 11:19 PM

He's undermining the pres; his agenda is to position himself to be the heir apparent IMO

Charles Woodson
01-30-2007, 02:46 PM

He's undermining the pres; his agenda is to position himself to be the heir apparent IMO

Basically hes waiting for the pres to screw up, and then hes gana try to take over. damn bastard i hated this guy from the begining.. Next weeks show seems good

GBRulz
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
I could see if he was the VP, but he's not.

I'm wondering if Cheney is also the VP on 24? He's non-existent :lol:

Bretsky
02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Twenty flippin four

Jack's brother trying to kill both him and his dad. That guy needs to have his manhood cut off.

Bretsky
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
NO WAY; JACK'S DAD !!!!!!!!!

GBRulz
02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I had a feeling the Dad was behind it all.

Lots of backstabbing assh*les in the show this year !! More so than usual, I should say.

Bretsky
02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
HERE WE GO; TIME FOR 2 HOURS OF THE GREATEST SHOW ON TV :no: :doh: :whaa: :whaa: :bow:

Charles Woodson
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Damn, Jacks got himself in a bit of a pickle, and im gana be pissed if morris dies, i kinda like him

Bretsky
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Morris is a wuss; Jack Bauer is now unpowering a bomb; he has 3 minutes to save all of LA

Bretsky
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Why can't Jack Bauer outsmart his dad ??

Charles Woodson
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Why can't Jack Bauer outsmart his dad ??

Many his dad is the biggest ass. but really lets think about this, hes 60-70 meaning he has 30 more years max, why does he go through all this hassle

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Well, next week he finds out about his Dad!

Somehow, Chad Lowe's character has to be involved with the Russians somehow. I mean what is so important for them to pass these resolutions in the White House that they'd want to assasinated the Pres??

I still wonder where Logan fits in. I read where he will be on this season. Is he the brain child behind the assasination plot??

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, next week he finds out about his Dad!

Somehow, Chad Lowe's character has to be involved with the Russians somehow. I mean what is so important for them to pass these resolutions in the White House that they'd want to assasinated the Pres??

I still wonder where Logan fits in. I read where he will be on this season. Is he the brain child behind the assasination plot??

who does chad lowe play?

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 02:51 PM
He is Tom's sidekick

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Chad%20Lowe-1.JPG

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe it's just me, because I'm a "girl and can't handle it" :roll: but I am a little disturbed by the amount of brutal torture this season is showing. The power drill into Morris's body repeatedly until he caved in was just disgusting.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
yea but whatever the torture is fine, damn

People in 24 who are pissing me off:
Tom
Philip Bauer
Morris
Miles
Toms friend
The VP

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Is Jack's Dad, Philip? Then I'd have to agree with you on that one.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Is Jack's Dad, Philip? Then I'd have to agree with you on that one.

Yea this season is going to be good till the end though

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Have you seen all the prior seasons? I have to be honest, this one is my least favorite by far.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Have you seen all the prior seasons? I have to be honest, this one is my least favorite by far.

yes ive seen them all i didnt say this was my favorite but its gana be good i mean come on were not even half way through

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I can't help it, I'm still bitter that they killed Curtis off !!! :x

HarveyWallbangers
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Season 2 was by far the worst.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I can't help it, I'm still bitter that they killed Curtis off !!! :x

yea they kill so many people off, you just gott to learn not to get attached, and anyways if he would have stayed alive he would have died when they went in the house last episode and the house blew up.

BallHawk
02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Season 2 was by far the worst.

Season 2 was absolute crap.

Season 3 was very good.

This season is alright so far. I expect it to get better, but you never know.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2007, 07:44 PM
This season is alright so far. I expect it to get better, but you never know.

Thats what i was tryiing to say

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
interesting with Logan in the spin of things now.

This season seems to go deeper into a character than past seasons. Maybe that's why it's moving a little slow? I dunno.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Here's a prediction: 24 will make a change of directors at the end of this season.

They've run out of ideas. The plot is predictable, it's slow-moving, you watch an episode and at the end of the episode you think; Did anything important happen? and to be honest, the answer is no. You feel like they're just throwing in Logan for the shock-factor to see him on camera.

Ay, Ay, Ay. 24, please step it up. House is in your rearview mirror.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Chloe is HOTTTTT!!!!! 8)

Charles Woodson
02-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Here's a prediction: 24 will make a change of directors at the end of this season.

They've run out of ideas. The plot is predictable, it's slow-moving, you watch an episode and at the end of the episode you think; Did anything important happen? and to be honest, the answer is no. You feel like they're just throwing in Logan for the shock-factor to see him on camera.

Ay, Ay, Ay. 24, please step it up. House is in your rearview mirror.

Na but the thing with logan was planed since the begining of the season.. I dono i dont think its thaatt baddd

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess we'll find out more next week but why the heck isn't Logan rotting away in prison? I mean he was responsible for an ex President's death.

Charles Woodson
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I guess we'll find out more next week but why the heck isn't Logan rotting away in prison? I mean he was responsible for an ex President's death.
him along with grey and philip bauer. See the tthing with 24 is that when ever jacks in these life or death situaions you know hes gana get himself out of it because if not everyone would stop watching 24

swede
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Chloe is HOTTTTT!!!!! 8)

In a desert island "it's either her or the iguana" kind of way.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
him along with grey and philip bauer. See the tthing with 24 is that when ever jacks in these life or death situaions you know hes gana get himself out of it because if not everyone would stop watching 24

Once the series goes down the tank, probably in about 2 seasons, they'll kill him off in the show's finale, but by that time no one will care.

Charles Woodson
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Crappy episode

Bretsky
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Crappy episode

Too show moving; they need to pick it up a notch.

Then again our expectations are so high it's tough for them

BallHawk
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Didn't we use to have a barfing emoticon? I'd like one of those right now. This whole story with Morris is so damn pointless. And for the love of God, why do all American writers think the British people use the word "bloody" a lot. Both my parents are British and they never say it, neither do my relatives. It's minor, but a real pet peeve of mine.

swede
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
You Brits are so bloody sensitive.

BallHawk
02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
You Brits are so bloody sensitive.

You are a bloody piece of rubbish! :wink: :D

GBRulz
02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
This season is so bloody boring.

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Tallyhoe! I agree. God Save the Queen and tea and crumpets for everyone. :D :roll: :P :D :wink:

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM

arent you the one tha bloody complains about all the bloody torture scenes?
Next weeks episod looks like there more bloody torture scene

GBRulz
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
arent you the one tha bloody complains about all the bloody torture scenes?
Next weeks episod looks like there more bloody torture scene

absobloodylutely :lol:

Yeah, the preview said something about cutting off fingers. Yay, I can hardly wait.

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:39 PM
X,

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Remember Kids, torture is the answer to all of America's problems! :D

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anti-Polar Bear
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Chloe is HOTTTTT!!!!! 8)

Fuck you man. Chloe is HOTTTT!!!1

I have to admit, 24, is pretty good. I just brought season 4 dvd for 69 bucks. 8)

BallHawk
03-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Chloe is HOTTTTT!!!!! 8)

Fuck you man. Chloe is HOTTTT!!!1

I have to admit, 24, is pretty good. I just brought season 4 dvd for 69 bucks. 8)

Um, ever heard of Netflix?

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 08:11 PM
WOW, Tom did something decent....

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, but somehow somebody is going to off Tom and cover this up for a while.

They need to spice it up a bit; remember year one with the short spicy grailee scene ? Face the facts; that's when you became addicted....lol :lol:

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes, but somehow somebody is going to off Tom and cover this up for a while.

They need to spice it up a bit; remember year one with the short spicy grailee scene ? Face the facts; that's when you became addicted....lol :lol:

Actually, I didn't start watching until Season 3 and then rented the previous two on DVD. Nice try though, B :lol:

Jack is going to bust into the Russian constanate (sp?). Gee, there's an original idea. I agree 100%, they need to spice this season up.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Idk i thought this episode wasnt bad.

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
ok, know how at the end of every episode they show previews of next week? Was it just my station that felt the need to break into the Steven Avery trial ? I didn't see any previews of next week :cry:

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
basically they launch an attack on the consolit. The pres threatens to "realease the armys true power" and a few other things.

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
basically they launch an attack on the consolit. The pres threatens to "realease the armys true power" and a few other things.

ok, so it just was my local station. I figured as much. There is this trial going on that the news feels the need to interrupt programming anytime the judge sneezes in the courtroom. :roll:

Thanks CW

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
cutting fingers off

Jack Bauer Breaks into a foreign embassy by himelf

Jack Bauer once again taken prisoner

Man trying to do good shot in head

That's 24

swede
03-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Something about the face of the head of the Russian consulate was really familiar to me. It was driving me crazy. I had a snippet of a flashback of that wide mouth eating food with poor table manners and I couldn't place it.

And then I had it.

The Russian that had his finger snipped by Bauer played Lord Denethor, High Steward of Gondor, in the third Lord of the Rings film, Return of the King.

GBRulz
03-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Is TT the writer for 24 this season?

Moving slower than I'd like

BallHawk
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Maybe TT can sign Jack Bauer for "off-field relations"

Can you imagine Jack sneaking into the opposing teams coordinators' booth and forcing them to punt on 1st down? Perhaps slipping a mickey in Al Davis' Gin & Tonic and then attaching electrodes to his testicles until he trades us Randy Moss for Robert Ferguson? That's one way to improve the team.

Bretsky
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Is TT the writer for 24 this season?

Moving slower than I'd like

Agree completely

BallHawk
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Nothing in the series surprise you anymore. It's become a prisoner of its own plot. The stabbing of Logan would of been a little surprise if they didn't run commercial after commercial with Aaron shouting, "Get someone in here!"

Screw Jack Bauer, bring in Brett Favre. :twisted:

GBRulz
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I think one of the big differences between last year (IMO, the best season ever) and this season is the stories. For example, this season, we've been looking for these nukes since the first episode. There isn't a whole lot going on other than that. Last season, there were short little plots that lasted 3-4 episodes, which kept it fast moving.

I think this year is more character focused, too. But gosh, there's got to be a better story than Morris fighting his alcohol battles.

and I have to say WOW, has Rick Schroeder aged!!! I remember being in love with him from the "Silver Spoons" days :oops:

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
My family watches that show..They love it..I think I watched half an episode once, but never got into it..Maybe I should? :idea:

Charles Woodson
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Following takes placcee noww

BallHawk
03-19-2007, 08:07 PM
My family watches that show..They love it..I think I watched half an episode once, but never got into it..Maybe I should? :idea:

Do what Partial did: Get Netflix and go on a Netflix 24 binge. Lock yourself in your room for 2 weeks and watch every episode ever made.

Feel free to skip season 3, though. It sucked.

Bretsky
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Do what Partial did: Get Netflix and go on a Netflix 24 binge. Lock yourself in your room for 2 weeks and watch every episode ever made.

Feel free to skip season 3, though. It sucked.

Ditto; you'd love the show. I thought Season 3 was OK. This one is the slowest or my expectations are just too high

BallHawk
03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
It's a bit of both, Bretsky. Yeah, we have high expectations, but the plot this season is slow and boring. Morris and his booze is getting dull. I'd rather he just get some Vicodin and a bottle of Scotch and get it over with.

HarveyWallbangers
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Season 2 was the worst. It was the preachy one.

Bretsky
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Season 2 was the worst. It was the preachy one.

GOTTA LOVE THIS BEATING

BEAT BEAT BEAT

DOWN WITH THE DRONE DOWN WITH THE DRONE

Charles Woodson
03-19-2007, 09:04 PM
idk i was wondering what happened with audrey, but if they actually make that a part of it that Jack kills the people who killed audrey then ill be mad. I know this season was supposed to be jacks "emotianal" season but i mean its about taken down the effing terrorist

[rant off]

Anyways, anyone wana take a guess about who is the one behind the leak?

Kiwon
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I bought boxed DVD sets of seasons 1 and 2 and seasons 4 and 5. I skipped season 3 due to poor reviews.

We don't see them during the broadcast year but watch a whole season's worth around Christmas every year. We're always behind but the commercial breaks and waiting a whole week for 40 minutes of the story must be annoying as heck. The DVDs also have interesting special features.

Based on everything I'm hearing it doesn't sound like 24 is up to snuff this year. The choice of familiar actors has been often criticized along with the slow developing story, and Russian terrorists once again.

Hollywood is drowning in unknown actors that would do anything to get on the show. Using them would give the storyline a little more believability (if there is such a thing in the world of 24). Jack's Dad this year will always be the farmer from "Babe" or the scientist from "I, Robot" in my mind. Just an odd choice I think.

In real life, the top threats to the US are Islamic fascists and China. Sticking with a halfway realistic enemy isn't PC but it would add credibility to the show, IMHO. A Hugo Chavez character from Latin America would also make for a compelling story. Better yet, a Chavez-Castro plot would be excellent. An aging Maxist grooming a younger Marxist.

24 will never live up to potential though. The pressure to remain PC is simply too great.

GBRulz
03-20-2007, 11:57 AM
idk i was wondering what happened with audrey, but if they actually make that a part of it that Jack kills the people who killed audrey then ill be mad. I know this season was supposed to be jacks "emotianal" season but i mean its about taken down the effing terrorist

[rant off]

I have no idea what's up with Audrey. I know she is on another show, so I didn't figure her to be part of 24.

Here is how bored i am with 24 this year..... I absolutely forgot to watch it last night. Like B said, maybe expectations are too high, but this plot is very slow moving.

Charles Woodson
03-20-2007, 05:21 PM

[rant off]

I have no idea what's up with Audrey. I know she is on another show, so I didn't figure her to be part of 24.

Here is how bored i am with 24 this year..... I absolutely forgot to watch it last night. Like B said, maybe expectations are too high, but this plot is very slow moving.

there just running outa ideas

Bretsky
03-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I HATE TO ADMIT IT, BUT 24 HAS TURNED INTO A NORMAL SHOW

BallHawk
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I watch it out of obligation. It's what I do on Mondays. Is it interesting? Not really. However, I still watch.

Damn, I wish Top Chef was back on. That show kicks ass!

Bretsky
03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I watch it out of obligation. It's what I do on Mondays. Is it interesting? Not really. However, I still watch.

Damn, I wish Top Chef was back on. That show kicks ass!

Me too; Monday at 8 is 24 hour. But for the first time in six year's I'm disappointed

GBRulz
03-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I didn't watch it again tonight. I was out of town all day...got home ate some dinner and then looked at the clock, it was 9pm. Oh damn, I missed 24 again ! and for the first time, I am not upset !!

From what you guys said, it doesn't seem to be picking up at all, eh?

Bretsky
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
getting a bit too predictable

BallHawk
03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't watch it again tonight. I was out of town all day...got home ate some dinner and then looked at the clock, it was 9pm. Oh damn, I missed 24 again ! and for the first time, I am not upset !!

From what you guys said, it doesn't seem to be picking up at all, eh?

You didn't miss anything.

Bretsky
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I was pissed when the Pres stopped the VP, and then the VP stated how he felt the Pres was not competent.

Just too out there and moving slowly

Bretsky
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Bretsky
04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm thinking this must be Jack Bauer's last season. He's playing a lesser role every week. Too much plot and not enough of what has made 24 the most intense action packed show in the history of TV.

Charles Woodson
04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Hmm, well did you see the scenes from next week?

Bretsky
04-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Yes, I did; but Jack cannot die. I could see it happening in the final week of a season, but not yet. That thing hit hit bullet proof vest.

I wonder if Audrey is coming back this year ?

Charles Woodson
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM

Yes, I did; but Jack cannot die. I could see it happening in the final week of a season, but not yet. That thing hit hit bullet proof vest.

I wonder if Audrey is coming back this year ?

Remember Audreys dead. Supposively she was trying to find Jack and got in a fatal car acident.

Yea but didnt they sign Jack for 2 more years? idk whenever they have jack in a tight position i think, but they signed him for 2 more years.

Bretsky
04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I know they reported Audrey to be dead; I'm just in denial and they left an out to that script.....could have been somebody else's body.

Didn't know Jack was signed for two more years; I think he's directing the show this year so I too would be surprised if he left.

GBRulz
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
when did they say Audrey was dead? I missed the last two weeks, maybe it was then?

They are trying to do too much with the characters and storyline's this year vs action (unless you count torture).

Someone is going to get canned after this season...the writers would be a good start.

Ok, where is Jack's Dad....and that woman who was married to her brother and her kid?

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Stepping it up a notch tonight; solid episode

I'm back on the 24 Bandwagon

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
when did they say Audrey was dead? I missed the last two weeks, maybe it was then?

They are trying to do too much with the characters and storyline's this year vs action (unless you count torture).

Someone is going to get canned after this season...the writers would be a good start.

Ok, where is Jack's Dad....and that woman who was married to her brother and her kid?

A few weeks ago; it was reported Audrey was killed while looking for Jack while he was being held prisoner. They found a body that looked like her; however I do think they left an out to bring her back on

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
24 iS BACK

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I know they reported Audrey to be dead; I'm just in denial and they left an out to that script.....could have been somebody else's body.

Didn't know Jack was signed for two more years; I think he's directing the show this year so I too would be surprised if he left.

OMG

SHE IS ALIVE; I CALLED IT

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Hands down the best episode of the year

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Apparently, Audrey is not dead.

Finally glad to see they're moving on to a different plot. They dragged the nuke thing out way too long.

It was really good tonight.

Charles Woodson
04-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Finally glad to see they're moving on to a different plot. They dragged the nuke thing out way too long.

yea couldnt agree more.
Hmm, you guys see the scenes from next week when jack and doyle were about to shoot each other?

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 09:02 PM
ahhh, the Chinese never seem to go away, do they??

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM

yea couldnt agree more.
Hmm, you guys see the scenes from next week when jack and doyle were about to shoot each other?

IT'S BACK

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Yes, about a year ago he signed a 3 year contract worth $40 million. I believe he is the highest paid actor on TV. I do remember him doing some of the directing as well. Maybe he better stick to being Jack Bauer! Up until tonight, this season was pretty slow going.

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 09:07 PM

Yes, about a year ago he signed a 3 year contract worth $40 million. I believe he is the highest paid actor on TV. I do remember him doing some of the directing as well. Maybe he better stick to being Jack Bauer! Up until tonight, this season was pretty slow going.

You are right; for the first time this year I'll say

I CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK; I'D WATCH IT OVER THE BUSTY BLONDES ON CINEMAX :lol:

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm right for the first time this year?? :( :shock:

BallHawk
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Finally a great episode! Everybody knew that Audrey was alive, but it was good to have our presumptions confirmed. The fight scene at the end was awesome, as well as when Jack cracked the guys neck.

24 is definitely back! :glug: :glug:

Bretsky
04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Finally a great episode! Everybody knew that Audrey was alive, but it was good to have our presumptions confirmed. The fight scene at the end was awesome, as well as when Jack cracked the guys neck.

24 is definitely back! :glug: :glug:

Yes, the chain around the neck and then raising him up above the ground was a 24 classic

And then the dirty Chinese terrors; that same dam guy is back again

BallHawk
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I like having the Asians as the bad guys as a little change from the normal Arabic Terrorist plot.

Perhaps we can have Kim-Jon-Il for next season?

http://blogs.theage.com.au/entertainment/images/200KimJonIl.jpg

If that isn't a classic 24 villain, than what is?

Kiwon
04-10-2007, 03:16 AM
Be careful with your postings about "The Dear Leader," BallHawk. Always spell his name correctly (Kim, Jong-Il). I don't want to be murdered in my sleep.

Guilt by association, you know.

Actually, "24" is tame compared to what actually is taking place in N.K. Unbelievable cruelty. Talk about man's inhumanity to man.....

Charles Woodson
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
tonight is interesting

BallHawk
04-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Tonight was lame.

Bretsky
04-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Na; it's kicked back into Jack Bauer Mode. Far better than the beginning of the season

BallHawk
04-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Na; it's kicked back into Jack Bauer Mode. Far better than the beginning of the season

It's hard not to be better than the beginning of the season, those were horrible. The episode on Monday was alright, I guess, but the whole "Audrey's been brainwashed and mentally abused" plot is kind of dull.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2007, 08:37 AM
You guys should just watch Lost. 8-)

BallHawk
04-24-2007, 12:56 PM

Nah, House is the best show on TV.

Partial
04-24-2007, 01:07 PM

Nah, House is the best show on TV.

Except for Lost. And Heroes.

Charles Woodson
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
yea it wasnt great last night, but i think things could get interesting with the russians. im pissed they fired bill tho he was one of my favorites

Bretsky
05-07-2007, 08:45 PM
The greatest show on TV is back

Bretsky
05-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Another shocking death; Milo shot between the eyes. Classic 24

Charles Woodson
05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
i thought they would can moris

BallHawk
05-08-2007, 05:47 PM
i thought they would can moris

I wish they would. Morris is just a bad character. You don't care about him, you don't feel for him, he's just there. Milo was a shocker, though. One of the highlights of the season (there haven't been many.)

Bretsky
05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
SEASON FINALE TOMORROW

2 HOURS

JACK BAUER WILL SAVE THE WORLD

MY GUT TELLS ME NEXT YEAR IT'S THE DIRTY RUSSIANS

BallHawk
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
24 was signed to a two-season extension recently.

Get new writers, this one has been the worst season yet.

Charles Woodson
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM

Na, not the worst, the last few episodes havent been that bad

BallHawk
05-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I admit that the last few have been good, but the first 15 or so episodes were unbearable. I started to watch it out of routine, not interest.

There's only so many times you can have so many things happens. Unless they get a completely original plot twist, the program will creep downhill.

Bretsky
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM

Too may plots
Not enough action and Jack Bauer

It's improved and will be back full force

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Too may plots

not a big fan of the whole personal life of jack bauer, i agree he needs more action. Aside from that do any of you watch teh office? it had a great quote

Dwight: Who would i like as my number 2 man? Jack Bauer, all though he is unavalible and fictional.

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Never seen The Office

Shows I really enjoy are

Boston Legal (one of greatest characters is "DENNY CRANE"
House (pretty good)

Gray's Anatomy (please be gentle with the chick show jokes guys)

After that I'm not loyal to anything.

BallHawk
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Too may plots

not a big fan of the whole personal life of jack bauer, i agree he needs more action. Aside from that do any of you watch teh office? it had a great quote

Dwight: Who would i like as my number 2 man? Jack Bauer, all though he is unavalible and fictional.

The UK Office is so much better. I like Steve Carell, but Ricky Gervais in the UK is fantastic. Also, the UK one only had 14 episodes over two seasons. It kept you wanting for more, but you knew that it wouldn't get any better then it had already been. The US Office is running out its welcome, IMO.

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Too may plots

The UK Office is so much better. I like Steve Carell, but Ricky Gervais in the UK is fantastic. Also, the UK one only had 14 episodes over two seasons. It kept you wanting for more, but you knew that it wouldn't get any better then it had already been. The US Office is running out its welcome, IMO.

Alright, I'm losing it. What is the "UK Office" ?

MJZiggy
05-21-2007, 07:19 PM
The American TV show The Office is a copy of a British comedy.

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
device blowing up in agents face; classic 24

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Bill Buchanan and Jack Bauer

Going after the evil Chinese empire so the dirty Russians don't attack

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 08:36 PM

ha yea, so what plot do you think gets unfolded for next season?

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Jack Bauer leaps off onto the helicopter ladder; missiles hit his location as he flies away.

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 08:37 PM

Gotta be the Dirty Russians I'd think. Somehow it's time for the Super Powers to rock. Jack Bauer beats Moscow :lol:

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Gotta be the Dirty Russians I'd think. Somehow it's time for the Super Powers to rock. Jack Bauer beats Moscow :lol:

Na, russia and U.S takes out china.

Also, lol we called the pregnancy before it happened.

That was a great line by morris

What, like with a child?

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Go Jack!

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
worst 24 ending ever.

Bretsky
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
worst 24 ending ever.

What is this love and emotional crap at end of 24 ?

Last year's ending stellar

Charles Woodson
05-21-2007, 09:14 PM
worst 24 ending ever.

What is this love and emotional crap at end of 24 ?

Last year's ending stellar

not even that, the ending just sucked. I mean come on jack you could bang any girl you want while defeating the chinese with only one hand. Hell he could bang two girls (just for you B :wink: )

BallHawk
05-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Get new writers. This season blew.

Personally, I was hoping Jack would put a bullet in Heller's head. I thought It'd happen, too, when Heller talked about Jack's Wife.

TPF
05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
The ending was 'aight.

BallHawk
05-21-2007, 10:02 PM
The ending was 'aight.

It wasn't the action we were used to seeing, though. I can understand the emotional part, but we've gone through that the whole season.

BallHawk
05-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Quote from Producer of 24 on Season 7.....

"Jack starts next season in a very different place than any other season so far. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable you know?....We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift-a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much close to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on US soil. In a sense, it's a reboot in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. It's going to be pretty damn cool".

Charles Woodson
05-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Quote from Producer of 24 on Season 7.....

"Jack starts next season in a very different place than any other season so far. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable you know?....We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift-a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much close to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on US soil. In a sense, it's a reboot in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. It's going to be pretty damn cool".

now that makes me excited, the stuff about going off us soil could be pretty neat. i guess they really need something different right now

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 12:48 PM
After last season's take-off was canceled by the strike, 24 is back Rwanda-ish style.

http://www.fox.com/24/trailer/

The jury is out for this season. Season 6 was quite the downer.

LL2
09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
When does the season start?

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
When does the season start?

November 23rd.

GBRulz
11-09-2008, 10:50 AM
getting close!!!

I still have to watch the last half of season 6. I stopped watching because I was not impressed at all with how slow it started out.

Or, if someone wants to tell me how season 6 left off, that would work, too!

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 12:01 PM
JACK IS COMING TO MAKE THE WORLD RIGHT AGAIN

arcilite
01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Jack bauerrrrrrrrrrr

sheepshead
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I became a huge fan 2 years ago. I bought and rented all the previous seasons and am now completely caught up. It's the only tv series I watch or have watched in a good 15-20 years.

Bretsky
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
JACK is back tonight

Kiwon
01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
JACK is back tonight

No PR reviews of '24' yet?

How were the first episodes?

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Again, I love the show. The fasted 2 hours I ever spent watching TV. Good stuff.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Has anybody noticed that the show went liberal this year?

It's a wonder that hasn't happened before, as Kiefer Sutherland is a flaming leftist, just like his anti-war/hippie father was.

This year, the "bad guys" are the ones saying bringing down a genocidal dictator isn't worth the cost of American lives. Come to think of it, I guess that's more a Ron Paulist attitude than an interventionist conservative position.

I think they must have done the writing for the show back when they expected Hillary to win the election, as they have a very Hillary-like president.

Oh well. It's still the best show on TV. And Sunday night, it was followed by the other best show on TV on CBS, The Unit.

mraynrand
01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
This year, the "bad guys" are the ones saying bringing down a genocidal dictator isn't worth the cost of American lives.

I didn't know there were any dictators left. And the U.S. and Israel are the the only genocidal nations remaining - Israel (with U.S. help) is wiping out muslims and the U.S. has wiped out native americans with small pox blankets. You need to read more Howard Zinn.

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Also, is that janeane garofalo? It does look a little like her. That flaming left wing lunatic? Nice face lift yikes.

Patler
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM
There is something definitely wrong with the writing this season. Four hours have gone by, and Jack Bauer has yet to kill anyone. Has he ever gone that long before without at least one kill?

TravisWilliams23
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Also, is that janeane garofalo? It does look a little like her. That flaming left wing lunatic? Nice face lift yikes.

Yea, that's her. I saw some quote by her basically saying she “was initially very reticent to do it, because I heard about the right-wing nature of Joel's [24 co-creator Joel Surnow] politics and the torture-heavy scripts.” But, she quipped: “And then I thought, 'I'm unemployed!'

Knowing her political stance, I have a hard time watching the show with her
as an FBI analyst. Now, if in later episodes they have her character turning
over military secrets to the enemy, it would be more believable! :lol:

And Patler, I believe your correct about Jack not offing anyone this late
in the game. His statement before Congress was dead on though.

prsnfoto
01-13-2009, 12:59 PM

It's a wonder that hasn't happened before, as Kiefer Sutherland is a flaming leftist, just like his anti-war/hippie father was.

This year, the "bad guys" are the ones saying bringing down a genocidal dictator isn't worth the cost of American lives. Come to think of it, I guess that's more a Ron Paulist attitude than an interventionist conservative position.

I think they must have done the writing for the show back when they expected Hillary to win the election, as they have a very Hillary-like president.

Oh well. It's still the best show on TV. And Sunday night, it was followed by the other best show on TV on CBS, The Unit.

It is no wonder in general the blue states have residents with the much higher IQ's hanging out, Tex drives it home everyday on this forum A DUH!

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2009, 01:07 PM
It is no wonder in general the blue states have residents with the much higher IQ's hanging out, Tex drives it home everyday on this forum A DUH!

http://www.vdare.com/Sailer/061022_iq.htm

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah, that's another liberal dandy"I'm smarter than you so I must be right".

prsnfoto
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM

Examining McDaniel's data, you should first notice that even the largest difference between states’ mean IQ—the 10.2 points between Massachusetts and Mississippi—is actually not at all enormous. And that’s especially true compared to the differences among countries. There, gaps of 30 points or more are not uncommon (e.g. Austria vs. Congo-Zaire ).

The median Massachusetts student would score at the 61% percentile nationwide, and the median Mississippi student at the 35% percentile. This isn't a tremendous difference—but it would be noticeable if you moved from one state to another.

I respect the research but beg to differ I would notice a huge difference between my and Tex's abilities. He has to spew his liberal hatred in every post talking about "flaming","hippie", anti-American leftists and i don't even consider myself liberal I am a moderate, I vote both parties. He is the reason Republican's were voted out this time he is as disgusting as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Al Franken on the left. He is in the God,Guns, and Gays crowd if you don't love two out of the three and hate the other you are anti-American. I don't love nor hate any of them but chose to accept they are all here to stay and I can respect most all of their views.

mraynrand
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Examining McDaniel's data, you should first notice that even the largest difference between states’ mean IQ—the 10.2 points between Massachusetts and Mississippi—is actually not at all enormous. And that’s especially true compared to the differences among countries. There, gaps of 30 points or more are not uncommon (e.g. Austria vs. Congo-Zaire ).

The median Massachusetts student would score at the 61% percentile nationwide, and the median Mississippi student at the 35% percentile. This isn't a tremendous difference—but it would be noticeable if you moved from one state to another.

I respect the research but beg to differ I would notice a huge difference between my and Tex's abilities. He has to spew his liberal hatred in every post talking about "flaming","hippie", anti-American leftists and i don't even consider myself liberal I am a moderate, I vote both parties. He is the reason Republican's were voted out this time he is as disgusting as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Al Franken on the left. He is in the God,Guns, and Gays crowd if you don't love two out of the three and hate the other you are anti-American. I don't love nor hate any of them but chose to accept they are all here to stay and I can respect most all of their views.

That's great - perhaps you can continue to extrapolate an entire election result from your own perceived differences between you and Tex and where you live. Have any other anecdotes to share?

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
What's this, my name is being taken in vain again?

First of all, I refuse to take a backseat to anybody on IQ level, especially the lefties who display neither the brains nor the balls to even present rational points of view (or usually even irrational ones). You shouldn't either, Sheepshead. As I sort of said earlier, after two days of duking it out with aynrand and the other two elitist brand conservatives, I feel like I've had a good workout. On the other hand, getting into an argument with our forum leftists doesn't even raise a sweat. A sarcastic comment or two, and they run and hide.

As I said over in the Packer half of the forum, never say never, but I try not to say anything too bad about wrongheaded forum members. Public figures, on the other hand, are fair game, and I'll call a flaming leftist America-hating bastard a flaming America-hating bastard anytime I damn well please.

I'm not familiar with Garafalo (appearance, anyway). Is she the hot reddish brown haired one who seems to be exhibiting Jack Bauer tendencies? Or is she the mousy one with glasses who was matching wits with Chloe?

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
word

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Examining McDaniel's data, you should first notice that even the largest difference between states’ mean IQ—the 10.2 points between Massachusetts and Mississippi—is actually not at all enormous.

I would agree, and you can hate on Tex all you want. I took issue with you saying that generally blue states have residents with much higher IQs. Thus, you are implicitly saying that Conservatives are less intelligent than Liberals. You'll notice that my home state, North Dakota, is one of the yellow states.

arcilite
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp

I think people should check that out

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Examining McDaniel's data, you should first notice that even the largest difference between states’ mean IQ—the 10.2 points between Massachusetts and Mississippi—is actually not at all enormous.

I would agree, and you can hate on Tex all you want. I took issue with you saying that generally blue states have residents with much higher IQs. Thus, you are implicitly saying that Conservatives are less intelligent than Liberals. You'll notice that my home state, North Dakota, is one of the yellow states.

Gee, thanks for giving people permission to hate on me. I love you too.

The second (and real) map obviously makes more sense. The thing that stood out the most as wrong about the first chart was Utah. I have yet to meet a stupid Mormon, and they had Utah as dead last.

The correct chart still has the south and Bush states in general mostly lower, and that seems accurate. Common sense, after all, doesn't necessarily correlate with IQ.

As for me, despite the name, I'm a Wisconsin boy at heart and in my roots.

BTW, both the phony chart and the real one could be construed in a pretty racist way if a person was of a mind to. Clearly, the whitest states are the highest level and the ones with the most blacks and hispanics are down at the bottom. I guess that just shows that the testing is biased, right libs?

GBRulz
01-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I hope Jack Bauer kicks Tex's ass for bringing the political banter into this thread. :twisted:

GBRulz
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a channel on my U-Verse lineup that I never noticed before, it's called the Crime and Investigation Network (CI) and they are currently airing Day 5 at night now. IMO, the best season ever.

I like how this season started, much better than last IMO.

mraynrand
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Who are you working for!?

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope Jack Bauer kicks Tex's ass for bringing the political banter into this thread. :twisted:

I brought politics into this thread? Oh yeah, I guess I did--sort of.

Blame the writers of the show. There has always been a strong element of politics in it--that's a large part of what makes it interesting. This year, however, there was a not too subtle change--and based on the posts, I wasn't the only one to notice it.

Things have gotten off track in the thread, though. I think you have to blame somebody else for that.

Bretsky
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
the RR is polluted with political manure; lets get this thread back to enjoyment

Seeing MM is taking his sweet time for a defensive coordinator it's clear he's waiting for a Jimmy Johnson attacking like blitz scheme

Why not hire the ideal attacker

Jack Bauer for Defensive Coordinator

Jack Bauer; Army of One

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Why not hire the ideal attacker

Jack Bauer for Defensive Coordinator

Jack Bauer; Army of One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Bauer would use a one man pass rush and drop everybody else into coverage. Sounds like a plan to me.

Bossman641
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Thoughts??

I like where this season is headed so far.

BallHawk
01-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Ignoring how technologically unrealistic some of the stuff is this season, so far the season is pretty good. Bill, Tony, Chloe, and Jack are pretty great.

sheepshead
02-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I didnt notice Renees hooters until she was running around this week. Think Jack Taps that sometime?

Charles Woodson
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
2 hrs tonight

MJZiggy
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
That show still on?

Bretsky
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
amazing this year :!:

BallHawk
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Technological flaws and mind-blowing ignoring of logic aside, this is a pretty good season.

Charles Woodson
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Technological flaws and mind-blowing ignoring of logic aside, this is a pretty good season.
agreed with the first part... They first of all ignore that there would be any cameras at all in the white house, and secondly that they could cut all transmissions like that...

sheepshead
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Great stuff-great show. Interesting how they bring back the old crew and weave them in.

LL2
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm doing the usual and waiting until the entire season is on DVD, because once I start watching a season it's hard to stop.

Right now I'm keeping busy with watching Alias. I just started with the first season and so far I'm hooked to watching every season of Alias will keep me busy for a while. I started watching Burn Notice but it never kept my interest...so after about the first 5 shows I moved on to Alias...the hot chicks in bikinis was the only good thing about that show.

Kiwon
04-14-2009, 07:52 AM
There was a lot of hype/praise for the '24' finale this year.

Was it as good as advertised?

How did this year's '24' season compare to other solid seasons (2 or 4)?

Should I plan to purchase the complete season when it's available on DVD?

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2009, 07:51 PM
There was a lot of hype/praise for the '24' finale this year.

Was it as good as advertised?

How did this year's '24' season compare to other solid seasons (2 or 4)?

Should I plan to purchase the complete season when it's available on DVD?

You talk like it's over. There's something like four more episodes. It started at 6AM, and last week was, I think, 1AM - 2AM.

sheepshead
04-14-2009, 08:02 PM
very good season. Jack kills Tony? Kim dies? Jack is a raging lunatic next year due to that chemical bath? I wish he would (or somebody would) boink whats her name. She's a babe.

Bossman641
04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
very good season. Jack kills Tony? Kim dies? Jack is a raging lunatic next year due to that chemical bath? I wish he would (or somebody would) boink whats her name. She's a babe.

There's no way Jack makes it to a next year without some treatment. There's got to be more of Kim in the last 4 episodes or Jack's a goner.