PDA

View Full Version : Official Bears-Saints Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joemailman
01-17-2007, 08:26 PM
I kind of like the Saints in this one. Brees over Grossman is an edge for the Saints. I also thought Deuce McAllister looked great last week and could have another big week. The Saints defense is nothing special, but the Bears defense hasn't been anything great lately either.

Fortunately for the Bears, the game is in Chicago. If it were in New Orleans, Rex Grossman, seeing all the people down there, would think it was Mardi Gras and wouldn't prepare for the game.

MJZiggy
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Go SAINTS!!! May they kick the living shit out of the Bears 42-0.

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I also thought Deuce McAllister looked great last week .

McAllister has been a BIG surprise i mean alot of people with Bush coming in predicted that McAllister would get pushed out but hes done very well..Stinks for those suckers on my ff league that took bush in the 3 round while i took McAllister in the 8th

SD GB fan
01-17-2007, 08:43 PM
deuce has been sensational. he runs with a lot of power and just plows over defenders. hes got some shake and bake in him too. week 5 against the bucs. anyone remember him in that game?

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
deuce has been sensational. he runs with a lot of power and just plows over defenders. hes got some shake and bake in him too. week 5 against the bucs. anyone remember him in that game?

I think bucs fans do

5 TB W 24-21 15 123 8.2

had over a 100 yards in first half correct?

mmmdk
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I want the Saints to win...but Bears keep winning, I don't get it, yet Bears keep winning. Bears will lose a super bowl though while Saints will have a shot vs Colts not Pats.

Bears will probably win but my eldest brother is a Saints fan and I've been to the super dome (to see danish kicker Morten Andersen in 1992). Saints lost to the Bills in that game.

oregonpackfan
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I predict Grossman will throw 3 INT's and fumble the ball away once.

At that time Griese will take over but it will be too late for the Bears.

Saints 28

Bears 21

BooHoo
01-18-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm also predicting a Saints win. A last second field goal to win. I also predict a low scoring game. The Bears D will be strong and the Bears O will be weak.

Bretsky
01-18-2007, 07:51 AM
It would not surprise me if the Bears win; the NFC is horrid.

Neither team would be a top 4 team in the AFC.

That's why they play the game; one of them will have a chance to be the world champ while being about the 5th best team in football.

swede
01-18-2007, 08:41 AM
It would not surprise me if the Bears win; the NFC is horrid.

Neither team would be a top 4 team in the AFC.

That's why they play the game; one of them will have a chance to be the world champ while being about the 5th best team in football.
:worship:

Partial
01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I think the Saints roll. Reggie Bush will have another huge game and will take Urlacher with him every step he takes.

Guiness
01-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Anybody who thought Deuce was washed up, and wouldn't contribute this year was an idiot. He was a first round pick in every FF league last year, no way does he fall off the face of the earth.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2007, 12:23 PM
The bears D was letting Alexander run for big chunks all game long last week and he didnt even look fast doing it.

Duece and Bush should be the deciding factor in this game if the weather gets ugly. If not then its grossman vs Brees and that is a good thing.

Is the predator MM still starting at CB for the Saints?

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:25 PM
The bears D was letting Alexander run for big chunks all game long last week and he didnt even look fast doing it.

Duece and Bush should be the deciding factor in this game if the weather gets ugly. If not then its grossman vs Brees and that is a good thing.

Is the predator MM still starting at CB for the Saints?

ding ding ding.

They are going to ride the Deuce all the way to victory. My guess is they use a playaction draw a lot, and fake the run to the corner with Bush while using Deuce on the draw. Urlacher is going to stay on bush all game long.

Packnut
01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
test

MJZiggy
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
You gained a woman somehow.

billy_oliver880
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM

A man's dream right there...as long as you are not married to them. :D

Packnut
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM

Yeah, guess I have a pretty active imagination. :lol:

GrnBay007
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeah, guess I have a pretty active imagination. :lol:

Packnut = Bretsky's idol :P

GrnBay007
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
NFL's FINAL FOUR POWER RANKINGS

1. Colts

2. Patriots

3. Saints

4. Bears

Rex Grossman played well enough in Sunday's overtime win over the Seahawks, tossing for 282 yards and a touchdown. With every person in a 500-mile radius of Chicago monitoring his play like an NFL Films archivist, Rex did what he had to do — he got his team the win. Grossman's biggest play came on third down in OT, when he hit a streaking Rashied Davis for a 30-yard dart that set up Robbie Gould's eventual game-winning field goal.

"The most important thing is we won,'' said the Bears quarterback after the game. "I don't care how we do it. I really don't. This is the most unbelievable situation we are in now. We're in the NFC Championship, and we win one game we're in the Super Bowl. I'm two wins away from having a ring on my finger for the rest of my life.''

Grossman's going to need the suddenly banged-up and beaten-on Bears defense to show up Sunday if he wants to make it past New Orleans and to Miami. Chicago's D, playing without Tommie Harris, Mike Brown, and dealing with Tank Johnson's current situation — has been hit or miss over the last month of play. The Bears have given up 20 or more points in their last five games. The Saints boast the league's top passing offense. If ever there was a time for the league's most storied D to get back on track, Sunday's it.

Is it just me, or does pretty much everything Grossman says to the media sound kinda silly?

MJZiggy
01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
No, it's not just you.

MJZiggy
01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
dp

GrnBay007
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Playoff notes: Saints coach shrugs off chilly Chicago weather

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has shown little concern over how his players will adapt to the weather in Chicago during Sunday's NFC championship game.

Temperatures were in the 40s in New Orleans on Wednesday, on the cold side for this time of year. But the Saints opted to train inside rather than outside on their grass practice fields.

"My concern more is the footing. We've played before in cold weather," said Payton, who coached in a cold climate when he was an assistant with the New York Giants from 1999-2002. "In 2000, I think the last 37 practices we had in New York were inside and yet we played outside."

The Giants went to the Super Bowl that season, losing to Baltimore.

"We'll be ready for the elements and we'll adjust accordingly," Payton said. "We're kind of in a pretty good routine and I kind of like the routine."

In the playoffs, teams from the South have performed well in cold-weather cities in recent years. Michael Vick led Atlanta to a victory at Green Bay in the playoffs following the 2002 season. That same season, Tampa Bay advanced to the Super Bowl by winning the NFC championship game at Philadelphia.

Last season, the Bears lost a home playoff game to Carolina, with Louisiana native Jake Delhomme playing quarterback for the Panthers.

Payton won't discount the effects cold weather and wind can have on a game, but he just doesn't believe the Saints are better served by diverting from the practice routine that has been successful for them to this point.

"We've got a quarterback who's played in Big Ten and understands the conditions," Payton said of Drew Brees, who played at Purdue. "It is what you make of it."

Brees and Reggie Bush are both players who'll have to handle the ball a lot in Chicago, where temperatures are expected to be in the low 30s or 20s for Sunday's game. They also downplayed the weather.

"I don't worry about that," Bush said. "I'm just going to play football. Cold weather's not going to bother me. It's still a football field. It's still 100 yards. It's not going to change."

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Saint and the City: Fujita Finds Match in New Orleans

By William Kalec
Special to The Washington Post
Saturday, January 20, 2007; Page E01

METAIRIE, La., Jan. 19 -- Mt. Fujita towers six to eight inches, depending on how tightly it's wrapped, and is easily scaled by those with an empty stomach or sophisticated palate.

At Rock-N-Sake, a sushi bar in New Orleans's warehouse district, the edible homage to Saints linebacker Scott Fujita consists of crawfish and tuna rolls coupled with avocado sauce and is stacked like a pyramid. For the fifth-year journeyman linebacker who was traded by Kansas City and let go by Dallas without much of a free agent fight, the namesake dish and local cult-hero status is an honor offered with this disclaimer: "I don't want to get all sappy or anything, but . . ." Fujita said.

Scott Fujita
At a sushi bar in New Orleans, the edible homage to Saints linebacker Scott Fujita consists of crawfish and tuna rolls coupled with avocado sauce and is stacked like a pyramid. (Doug Benc - Getty Images)
THE ROAD TO SUPER BOWL XLI
Sunday
New Orleans at Chicago, 3 p.m.
New England at Indianapolis, 6:30 p.m.

For all the stories about what the Saints, a traditional NFL punch line, have spiritually done for New Orleans, and for all the ones that will be written if the team beats the Bears in the NFC championship game Sunday in Chicago, Fujita's situation serves as a reminder that some players needed this place as much as it needed them.

Less than eight months after racking up a team-best 112 tackles for the Chiefs in 2004, management leaked word that Fujita was expendable in training camp. The team worked a trade to the Cowboys, for whom he started the last eight games of the 2005 season, but only because of injuries. Although the Cowboys offered him a contract before his deal expired last year, Fujita said the terms "declined" throughout the free agency period, leading him to look elsewhere -- even here, a franchise and community shrouded in uncertainty.

"It's kind of a reciprocal relationship," he said.

Presented with a nearly impossible sales job, Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis provided a calculated tour of the city when Fujita visited in March. He didn't avoid sections devastated from Hurricane Katrina, but made sure to tour and talk up parts of town where water damage was minimal or nonexistent.

Of course, when the discussion turned to football (Loomis estimates talk was split 50-50 with all free agents between business and the living situation in New Orleans) the Saints sold Fujita on continuing his relationship with Coach Sean Payton and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs, who were brought over from Bill Parcells's staff in Dallas.

"We felt like not only is he a quality player," Loomis said, "but also that we had a chance to get him. . . . Sometimes in free agency you need to go after the guys you can get, not just go after anyone and everyone, particularly in our circumstance."

Fujita signed March 13, two days before quarterback Drew Brees signed, and was the eldest Saints starting linebacker when the regular season began. Linebacker Scott Shanle joined the team in late August from Dallas for an undisclosed draft pick. Seventh-year veteran Mark Simoneau was acquired a few days later in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles for Donte Stallworth. Fujita eventually stood out from the no-name group thanks to the unintentional marketing genius of cornerback Mike McKenzie, who called Fujita the "Asian Assassin" on the Sept. 25 "Monday Night Football" lineup roll call. In that same game against the Atlanta Falcons, a national audience watched Fujita deliver a Samurai bow (a tribute to his adoptive father, Rod, who is of Japanese-American decent) after sacking Michael Vick.

He's bowed before, several times actually, but the move was never copied by Pop Warner linebackers around town. And he's never had a sushi roll named after him. And he says it was six weeks before he had to buy his own drink in New Orleans.

"And it has nothing to do with me being a Saint," Fujita said. "It was just people recognizing that I must have looked like an out-of-towner with my flip-flops, sandy hair and surfer's backpack. They must have thought, 'Man, we need to buy this guy a drink.'

"It was just a unique -- I don't want to call it a marriage -- but I felt like we just fit right in."

Nothing more than a sideshow to the Saints' big-tent offense, Fujita has directed a defense that -- statistically, anyway -- isn't substantially more accomplished than the 2005 unit, surrendering just five yards less per game than last year and totaling the same number of turnovers. Fujita's 96 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks weren't individual career highs, either.

Still, the injection of new players such as Fujita have produced several big-play moments, including stopping Philadelphia inside the 5-yard line last week and forcing a field goal with the score 27-21 and causing Coach Andy Reid to call for a punt on fourth and 15 with less than two minutes remaining.

"When I got here in free agency and a lot of the new coaches got here, I looked at it as kind of a fresh start for me in my career and a fresh start for the coaches," Fujita said. "But it was also a fresh start for the guys that were here in the past and wanted something new to come around, and something new to get emotional about and get excited about. So I don't want to forget about those guys at all, and I don't think everyone else should.

"We have been riding an emotional wave this whole year. But, you can't discredit [us], this is a damn good team that I'm playing on, too."

The Shadow
01-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Go Saints!

Bretsky
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Saint and the City: Fujita Finds Match in New Orleans

you asked several times what FA's TT could have signed; this guy is another

Bretsky
01-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope for very good weather in Chicago tomorrow

The Saints have better talent and are the better team
Bad weather and unfavorable conditions benefits the Bears and may actually propel the Bears to a Super Bowl. I hope not though.

Sean Payton, for a rookie or vet coach, has been tremendous

MadtownPacker
01-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Agreed about Sean Payton. He has won alot of close games and that shows me that the team is well coached. They had only one game where they looked bad and have pulled out alot of close wins. The bears could barely get by a team of wounded ducks.. or seahawks. NO is playing tremendous on offense at a time when the bears D is not feeling it like early in the season. If Brees can get his throw on, it's over.

I wish it was tomorrow so I could watch the Saints destroy the bears. Then I will feel like the 2006 season has ended.

Rastak
01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
I like the Saints in this one but if Grossman plays above average the Bears certainly have a good chance with home field.

So my prediction is the Saints.....

MadtownPacker
01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Wrex had his good game (by his standards) last week. Maybe he will feel that since he threw a TD last game this week is the Ds turn to score and win the game like they have done for so many games this season.

BooHoo
01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Believe it will be good and close. Makes for good watching!

GrnBay007
01-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Sunday'smeeting with the New Orleans Saints will be the Bears first appearance in the NFC title game since Jan. 8, 1989, when they lost to the
49ers at Soldier Field.

Since winning the Super Bowl, Chicago is 4-8 in the playoffs, including last Sunday's 27-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks.

18 years to get back to the NFC title game.

Scott Campbell
01-20-2007, 11:23 PM
The luck stops here.

Bye bye bears.

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Chilly day in Chicago with light snow predicted. Let's hope the Southern Saints can outrun the conditions.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Chilly day in Chicago with light snow predicted. Let's hope the Southern Saints can outrun the conditions.

Somebody above wants to give the Bears a good chance; the last time the Saints played in weather this bad they got their @ssses kicked in Pittsburg.

I truly believe the Saints would manhandle the Bears in good weather. Now I'm thinking the Bears might win :cry:

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Don't say horrible things like that B!!! :whaa:

Joemailman
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I think the weather issue is overdone. The Bears haven't exactly been stellar at Soldier Field in the playoffs in recent years. It will come down to which team can handle the pressure of playing in a game this big.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I think the weather issue is overdone. The Bears haven't exactly been stellar at Soldier Field in the playoffs in recent years. It will come down to which team can handle the pressure of playing in a game this big.

The Saints have some guys who are tailor made for a great field; Soldier Field is going to be windy, slippery, sloppy, and snowy today. It'll be a slow field and cuts that can be made on a normal field won't be made tonight. IMO this all favors the Bears.

Scott Campbell
01-21-2007, 09:52 AM
The Saints have some guys who are tailor made for a great field; Soldier Field is going to be windy, slippery, sloppy, and snowy today.

The playing conditions would be a disgrace even if the weather was beautiful.

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey, if it doesn't get as warm (?) as expected, and the snow holds off, wouldn't that mean that the field would be frozen and less likely to get chewed up during the course of the game?

BEARMAN
01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
WHERE IS THE LUV ? (LOL) :shock:

#1. They are a dome team playing in the Cold/Wet on Grass.
#2. They are playing infront of Da BEARS 12th man.
#3. It has been hard to beat Da BEARS at our house this year.
#4. Rex will have another great game.
#5. Da BEARS defense will rise up and shutdown Brees/Bush/Duce.
#6. It is the year of Da BEARS !

GO BEARS GO !

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 12:16 PM
The Bears have a 12th man? Funny they were missing a few body parts last week...

When was Rexy's last great game?

The defense is a playmaker short and that seems to have made a difference, no?

Seems to me to be the year of the Saints...

Partial
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
The Saints are going to be hurt by the snow more than the Bears.

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
#3. It has been hard to beat Da BEARS at our house this year.

That's why two average teams, the Packers and the Dolphins, both beat you there right?

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Hmmm......20 min. to game time and they just scanned the stadium and there appears to be lots of empty seats. Maybe they are all using the potty before the game starts. :P

Rastak
01-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmmm......20 min. to game time and they just scanned the stadium and there appears to be lots of empty seats. Maybe they are all using the potty before the game starts. :P

Partying like crazy outside from what I've seen. If it's anything like when I was there, you could be right though. My Bear fan hosts and myself must have had at least 8 beers before the damn game even started. Can you imagine on NFC championship Sunday?

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Nice intro by Aikman

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Great catch by Henderson......

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
So much for my theory of it being cold enough and frozen and them getting some footing... :doh:

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 02:16 PM
The game is young; hope the Saints get this going. Low scoring is what the Bears are probably hoping for

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
So much for my theory of it being cold enough and frozen and them getting some footing... :doh:

Field is REALLY slippery.......

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Always fall on the ball you idiots!

Lurker64
01-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Holy crap, how many people had a shot at that fumble? Five?

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Holy crap, how many people had a shot at that fumble? Five?

Yea, a safety can try and scoop it up but a DE should drop on the damn thing.......

Lurker64
01-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Yea, a safety can try and scoop it up but a DE should drop on the damn thing.......

At least football coaches at the college and high school level have some very obvious and notable examples from this year's NFL playoffs to hammer home the point "when the ball is lose and live, fall on it." The Chargers likely lost as a failure to learn that lesson, let's see how much it costs the Bears.

Partial
01-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Where is the snow? We just got about 4-5 inches about an hour north of Soldier Field.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM

At least football coaches at the college and high school level have some very obvious and notable examples from this year's NFL playoffs to hammer home the point "when the ball is lose and live, fall on it." The Chargers likely lost as a failure to learn that lesson, let's see how much it costs the Bears.

yea, that makes perfect sense...running it in is great if you can but a turnover swings momentum.

Lurker64
01-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Where is the snow? We just got about 4-5 inches about an hour north of Soldier Field.

We got a similar amount a couple of hours west of Soldier field, so I'm also puzzled. Maybe it's coming later.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 02:30 PM
This game is going very bad for the bears. Not scoring on the fumble is likely gonna come back and bite them in the ass. Wrex needs those plays to happen today.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice catch by Bush....

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:32 PM
LOL, what the hell did I just tell those guys....fall on the ball!

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:37 PM
BIG play here.....

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
lovie is tripping!! Letting his ego get to him. Insead of taken the easy 3 to get on the board he is gonna chance making all that worth nothing.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
lovie is tripping!! Letting his ego get to him. Insead of taken the easy 3 to get on the board he is gonna chance making all that worth nothing.

Yea, I would have kicked it.....

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 02:39 PM
LOL sexy rexy is looking kinda nervous

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 02:39 PM
they made it so it looks like the call was alright.

Way to choke Rex

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:41 PM
they made it so it looks like the call was alright.

Way to choke Rex

He had that guy open, nice tip by the Saints.....

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi kids... just joining the game on T.V., and the forum!

Fuck, saints fumbled the K O

MadtownPacker
lovie assured himself he would not be viewed as weak by kicking the FG.

Rastak
Hi kids... just joining the game on T.V., and the forum!

Fuck, saints fubmled the K O

Greets Hurley, looks like he was down to me.....

GrnBay007
Hi Hurley..................bring the Saints some luck!

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 02:44 PM
He was down.

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Sure hope I can!!

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Doesnt it count once a knee or ball are down? It is gonna be too close. The bears will get it.

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 02:46 PM
HOMER CALL

Rastak
Doesnt it count once a knee or ball are down? It is gonna be too close. The bears will get it.

I thought he was down myself.....

Bretsky

They need it

Of course somebody who has the betting whammy could have nearly guaranteed a Saints win by betting on the Bears instead of insisting on jinxing the Saints.

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 02:48 PM

They need it

Of course somebody who has the betting whammy could have nearly guaranteed a Saints win by betting on the Bears instead of insisting on jinxing the Saints.

Don't trying throwing that guilt around. I bet to win! :P

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 02:49 PM

They need it

Don't trying throwing that guilt around. I bet to win! :P

Let the Bears victory be on your shoulders

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I hope you guys took the "under"......

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes! Defense. Keep 'em out of the end zone.

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Did I hear right.. 3 fumbles by the Saints already?

Only 6 points for da Bears...

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Yessir!

BooHoo
01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
This is a good game so far. I like close games.

BooHoo
01-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Bad field and poor footing makes for a low scoring game.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 02:57 PM
This is a good game so far. I like close games.

Indeed....Bears are playing pretty tough.....

BooHoo
01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
The Saints can't hang onto the ball.

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Saints need to get more pressure on Rex.....force a meltdown!

:P

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Bad field and poor footing makes for a low scoring game.

No excuse for all the fumbles tho..

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, Rex completed a pass.

hurleyfan
That was a good pass.. gotta give him that!

Rastak
Where's Tagge?

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Where's Tagge?

Maybe he's at the game with his Packer jersey on harassing the bear fans...lol

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Where's Tagge?

That would be a HOOT!

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Where's Tagge?

Very possible, he may very well be at the emergency room by now then....

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
good D Saints!!

wonder if the Bear fans are getting nervous yet?!?!

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:05 PM
good D Saints!!

Why, the field is slippery and they are up by two scores......

That having been said, I like the Saints offense and they may very well break out in the second half.....

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 03:07 PM
good D Saints!!

That having been said, I like the Saints offense and they may very well break out in the second half.....

Why wouldn't they be nervouss.. only field goals after all the turn overs, and the only REAL yards they got were on one pass play..

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
good D Saints!!

Why wouldn't they be nervouss.. only field goals after all the turn overs, and the only REAL yards they got were on one pass play..

If I'm up by 9 I'm not playing scared...I agree they could have been up by more....but I think the field is affecting both teams, the Saints haven't done much at all.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Very nice play by Tillman....I've hated him since he took that ball from Moss in the endzone in his rookie year.......

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I guess I'm blogging here....LOL....that was a great run by Jones.....

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:18 PM
this game sucks; the Saints are getting manhandled. A TD here will be very rough

BallHawk

Wish he would of done more of that when I needed him. :evil:

Bretsky
DANGET McKENZIE, I start you up a Fan Club and you whiff on that tackle !

Rastak

He was on your FF team I take it?

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Note to Hawk; GO RB earlier next year ...lol :wink:

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Note to Hawk; GO RB earlier next year ...lol :wink:

I went and got Rudi, which worked out good for the most part, but couldn't find a solid #2 all year.

As I say this Jones scores...life's a bitch.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
If the Saints dont score a TD in the last two minutes of the half this game is over.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Plenty of time left; but the Saints really need to score next

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
If the Saints dont score a TD in the last two minutes of the half this game is over.

I wouldn't say it'd be over, but the staff would have good reason to put up the plastic tarp in the home team's locker room.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM

It's still a 2 score game......they have time, but the Bears gotta be flying high.....

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe they'll start celebrating before they actually finish the game?

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe they'll start celebrating before they actually finish the game?

I highly doubt it. The prize is close......

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice catch by Colston,

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice catch by Colston,

Very nice catch,,,,Saints driving......

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Brees is just not on

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
TD SAINTS!

Boy, did they need that.

MJZiggy
TOUCHDOWN!!!! yES!!!!

Rastak
I'd go for two.....

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:31 PM
XP....it's STILL a two score game...I would have gone for 2.

I'm funny that way.....

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Gosh I'm looking forward to that second game

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM

This is a great game......second game should be good too!

BallHawk

Do we have a game thread for that one?

Bretsky
Not yet; why don't you do the honor ??

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Not yet; why don't you do the honor ??

It's up.

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Does Reggie Bush play for the Saints??

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Very good non-call.....

edit:hmmmm, on second look......I'm not so sure.....

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
terrible block there; they need to get some Bush active in the game

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
OMG, that was amazing.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
WOW; I AM A PROPHET...lol

Rastak
Reggie is QUICK.......

b bulldog
Bush just shut me up, big time play! :)

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
He might want to watch his back after that cocky shit at the end though......

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Bears need to respond, or I think they're dead. I was telling all the Bears fans around me that they needed more points. The Saints will regroup.

They are..

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Did anybody see Urslacker stop trying to chase down Reggie Bush???

Pussy!!!!!

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Billy Cundiff? LOL

I didn't know he was on the Saints.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Pussy!!!!!

Could you name a MLB that COULD chase down Bush?

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Big MO on the Saints side.....

Bretsky
Billy Cundiff? LOL

I didn't know he was on the Saints.

kickoff specialist

Iron Mike
Will Smif got jiggy wit it!!!

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Cundiff obviously deserved it...

Na na na na na na na. Na na na na na na! Gettin' jiggy wit it.

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM

Pussy!!!!!

I know a few that WOULDN'T give up and stop running.

Pussy.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Pussy!!!!!

Pussy.'

That would make a HUGE difference I would guess. Maybe pop a hammy and show how brave they were.....

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Pussy!!!!!

Pussy.'

That would make a HUGE difference I would guess. Maybe pop a hammy and show how brave they were.....

Well, seeing how he's pimped like the second coming of Christ..I guess he could just heal himself. :lol: :lol:

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Good composure by Brees......

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
deuuuuuuuuce!

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Brees is very efficient right now.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice play by Christ (just kidding Iron Mike!)

Big play coming up......

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh well.

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Did anybody really expect him to make that?

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
That's a tough call w/ the conditions. Need the points but pinning the bears deep would be nice, too

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Not when I heard Cundiff's name called.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Grossman isn't looking too sharp to me.......

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Gettin' jiggy wit it!!!

Bretsky
YES< WAY TO GO MACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rastak
Gettin' jiggy wit it!!!

Cool avatar......

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM

C'mon his rating's almost 40!!!! :P

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Grossman: 5-19 for 64 yards - 41.12
Brees: 19-32 for 295 yards, 2 tds - 110.81 rating.

I don't see the Bears winning if they fall behind by two scores.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:18 PM

I think it was zero when against Vikes in Chicago.....man he's bad....

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh my.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
That's a zafety......excellent call.......you can't do that.....

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:20 PM
He was no where near the tackle......and nobody near the ball......

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
A dose of Cedric Benson should work wonders for the Bears now.

GBRulz

and you still couldn't beat them, now THAT'S bad !!

J-Rok
Obviously, I was wrong.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks for bringing that up..... :roll:

Iron Mike
Gettin' jiggy wit it!!!

BallHawk
Well, at least he hasn't turned the ball over yet.

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 04:23 PM
OK.....that last pass by Grossman WASN'T intentional grounding?

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Reggie's just so quick.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Mike. I guess there was a running back off screen or something.

Rastak
OK.....that last pass by Grossman WASN'T intentional grounding?

If he was avoiding a sack then yes indeed, it should have been.....

GBRulz

Thanks for bringing that up..... :roll:

Look at the bright side, at least Grossy isn't your QB! Actually, I don't think he'll be Chicago's QB next year, either

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
On the bright side, if it was called, they would've been five yards back and that punt would've stayed inside the five.

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I forgot it was snowing outside. I saw the snow falling in Soldier Field and checked out my window. It's coming down pretty hard.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Nice pass.......they need at least 3 to get it to 7......

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Was that Orton on the sidelines chatting with Rex?

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Momentum seems to be once again changing to da Bears

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Ras, are you wanting the Bears to win?

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:31 PM
He loves his teddy bears.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Ras, are you wanting the Bears to win?

Not really, if they lose Rivera might get hired instead of Tomlin.....I'm just WAYYYY more neutral than you guys.......

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
WOW....what a friggen catch.......WOW........

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
IS THAT FRED THOMAS OR AHMAD CARROLL ???

NO DOUBT THAT THE SAINTS WILL BE GOING WITH A CB IN ROUND ONE OF THE DRAFT

THOMAS IS TERRIBLE

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
This place just went quiet.......

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
damn.

J-Rok
Ahmad Carroll would've held Berrian, so the ball would've been overthrown.

Bretsky
On the brighter side, 24 is back on tomorrrow !!!!!

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM

What's that?

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Chicago. The only place where 60,000 people are abducted into a ufo and cheer.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

This is going to be Bears Ball

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Chicago. The only place where 60,000 people are abducted into a ufo and cheer.

Nice stadium on the inside, I'm gonna try and catch the Vikes Bears next year again.....

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM

What's that?

The greatest show in the history of TV

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it is. But I have to shield my eyes when I go to the Field Museum or Shedd Aquarium.

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it is. But I have to shield my eyes when I go to the Field Museum or Shedd Aquarium.

lol...

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM

What's that?

The greatest show in the history of TV

Last TV show I watched was WKRP.....LOL.....never heard of it.....

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, it is. But I have to shield my eyes when I go to the Field Museum or Shedd Aquarium. :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Chicago can put the game away with a TD.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
It looks over; but a TD will end it for sure

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm dreading the influx of the bear trolls showing up. :roll:

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 04:45 PM
All good stories must end eventually...

Bretsky
The won't hit us too hard.

Wonder if Jerry Tagge is slamming hit head into a brick wall right now ?

J-Rok
I'm dreading the next two weeks of dealing with all the Bear fans around me.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm dreading the influx of the bear trolls showing up. :roll:

Yes, give them their one damn thread and just ignore them !

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
B, can u send your plowing guy over to my house? I'm too lazy to go out and snowblow.... GB got about 5 inches so far today and still coming down

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
The Bears are out of reach.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
They dont get no damn thread. They didnt show up when it looked gloomy then they dont get to show up when the sun is out either.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
The won't hit us too hard.

Wonder if Jerry Tagge is slamming hit head into a brick wall right now ?

No, he'll come up with some outlandish bullshit I'm guessing.....

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
God, I hope the Bears get pummeled in the Super Bowl.

billy_oliver880
unbelievable! The saints forgot to play ball. :x

GBRulz
God, I hope the Bears get pummeled in the Super Bowl.

ditto

Rastak
Well, I was dead wrong, I said if Grossman didn't have a great game the Bears would lose..... :oops:

Not too accurate it seems.....

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, I was dead wrong, I said if Grossman didn't have a great game the Bears would lose..... :oops:

Well, by his standards, he has though!

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Congrats to the Bears. Strong D and awesome S. T.'s can get you a long way. Reminds me of the UW football team.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 04:55 PM

Well, by his standards, he has though!

All bullshit aside he's had some very good games this years. I wouldn't say he was ON today at all....can't wait for the second game....GO COLTS!

F You IRSAY!

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
All I can say at this point is, go AFC!

ND72
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I will admit, I picked both the Bears and Indy to make the super bowl...Bears defense is just very good, and on a day when they can just get their Offense to do something, they're very very good. My only hope, is for a Chicago Indy super bowl, cause I don't have much belief in the Patriots to beat the Bears, personally.

ND72
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
How good is the rookie Mark Anderson? A lot of it for the bears is the QB being pushed to him, but he's everywhere.

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
This really doesn't surprise me that much; I've thought all along the NFC was wide open.

Do the Bears get to the Super Bowl if they have to go through the top 4 teams in the AFC ?? No chance.

But in the NFC healthy they are probably the best team, and even without their best DL and S they are as good as anybody when Grossman is competent.

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Can anybody tell me how much Troy Aikman gets paid to state (and restate) the obvious??? :x

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
How good is the rookie Mark Anderson? A lot of it for the bears is the QB being pushed to him, but he's everywhere.

He's very good.......very impressive.

ND72
01-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Last year before the draft, buddy of mine and I said, watch for the Alabama Defensive players to be very good at the next level...and again this year, there are some Alabama defensive players that could be very good...

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
B, can u send your plowing guy over to my house? I'm too lazy to go out and snowblow.... GB got about 5 inches so far today and still coming down

He just left my joint; he even came to get the Van key to move it so he could do a good job. Of course it's still snowing anyways

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
About time we get some snow :lol:

Rastak

Last year before the draft, buddy of mine and I said, watch for the Alabama Defensive players to be very good at the next level...and again this year, there are some Alabama defensive players that could be very good...

Then you and your buddy know your stuff my friend!

b bulldog
Prepare for the invasion of the bear trolls

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
It must not have snowed enough there because now we're getting it here. To think, last week it reached 70 degrees... :violin:

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM

I'm sure a couple gate keepers will be watching

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM

I wouldn't mind if it were intelligent conversation.....but it never is......

PaCkFan_n_MD
It must not have snowed enough there because now we're getting it here. To think, last week it reached 70 degrees... :violin:

Yep, I didn't even know it was going to snow today.

b bulldog
They deservedly should be very excited and happy, I wish the Packers were in their place.

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't have the great hatred for the Bears as I do for the Vikings. The Bears and Packers mirror each other imo. I will be rooting for them to lose in Miami though.

MJZiggy

Yep, I didn't even know it was going to snow today.

I knew it was supposed to snow a bit but not like this. Is there school for you guys tomorrow?

Iron Mike

BEAR DOWN BI-QUEEN FAN!!!!!! :P :P

billy_oliver880
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure I saw a Bear fan flip the camera off in the third quarter. I am not the only one right???

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't have the great hatred for the Bears as I do for the Vikings. The Bears and Packers mirror each other imo. I will be rooting for them to lose in Miami though.

I feel the same way Bulldog! But opposite..... :)

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Good imitation.....say, are you a Bear troll?

:P :P

MadtownPacker
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Aint gonna happen. They can go to another board with that garbage.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Shit, that Gatoraide bath could kill a guy this time of year in this climate.....

Iron Mike

Good imitation.....say, are you a Bear troll?

:P :P

I just can't bring myself to make the same spelling and grammatical errors, :oops:

MJZiggy
Do you suppose they'll use a hot gatorade bath?

mmmdk
I want the Saints to win...but Bears keep winning, I don't get it, yet Bears keep winning. Bears will lose a super bowl though while Saints will have a shot vs Colts not Pats.

Bears will probably win but my eldest brother is a Saints fan and I've been to the super dome (to see danish kicker Morten Andersen in 1992). Saints lost to the Bills in that game.

Bears win, too bad about the Saints but Saints made numerous mistakes- can't go to the Super Bowl playing this bad. Also, no pressure on Grossman.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM

At least allow a Tagge - Bear thread......that would be an equal thing....

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM

Nice smackdown on the troll already, Mad.....:bow:

mmmdk
01-21-2007, 05:14 PM

I second the above, not you Rastak though, just the Vikings.

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I still hate the Bears.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM

I second the above, not you Rastak though, just the Vikings.

No problem Mike....you catch that Denmark-USA game?

:) :) :)

Sorry, I was fired up for that......

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Lovie, at times, reminds of me of President Wayne Palmer from 24. The only difference between those two is that I actually like Palmer.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Looks like the Bears hoist the Halas......

wist43
01-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Doesn't matter who they face in the SB... they're going to get waxed.

Just as I don't regard the Packers to be an 8-8 team, I don't regard the Bears as a SB team...

The real SB is being played tonight.

]{ilr]3
01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Saints just made to many mistakes. I wonder if they should have taken the weather conditions more seriously? Just seemed like they tried to push it off like it wasnt even a concern and practiced inside all week from what little I read.

bears fought a good fight and deserved this win. To bad they didnt deserve lasts weeks to be in this position. Just feels like they dont belong.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM

I hate them both! Why couldn't MN have moved to another div and Tampa Bay stayed in ours? I liked making the annual trip to FL !! Outside of GB, Tampa always had the largest gathering of Packer fans!