PDA

View Full Version : Vick Caught With Bottle Of Mysterious Substance

Partial
01-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Sports Illustrated Writes: (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/18/vick.falcons.ap/index.html)

ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that contained a residue "closely associated with marijuana," police said Wednesday.

The Atlanta Falcons' quarterback entered a concourse Wednesday morning at the airport with the 20-ounce bottle. He eventually handed it over and boarded his flight to Atlanta. But his initial reluctance to turn over the bottle aroused suspicion among airport security screeners, a police report said.

The bottle was found to have a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

No charges have been filed, but police said the bottle would be sent to a lab for analysis.

Vick did not immediately return a phone call early Thursday.

"We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael Vick before having any further comment," Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Kiwon
01-18-2007, 03:38 AM
The Vick Boys (Ron Mexico and his brother, New Mexico) just can't keep on the straight and narrow.

Michael Vick ("the greatest quarterback ever") has million of dollars at his fingertips and he opts to buy a fake water bottle for transporting his dope. He's probably the official Whizzinator wholesaler for the NFL too.

What do they say about bathing and dressing up a pig? He's still a pig and heads right back to the mudhole.

Lurker64
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
If he's suspended, how difficult does this make the Falcon's Schaub situation in the offseason?

Rastak
01-18-2007, 08:34 AM
If he's suspended, how difficult does this make the Falcon's Schaub situation in the offseason?

Makes it real easy at that point. They tag him at the highest level and make him the starting QB.

GrnBay007
01-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Stop being so insensitive! It was probably medicine he needs to take for his "condition".

:P

MJZiggy
01-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Hmmm...medicine that needed to be carried hidden in a water bottle? That's an interesting prescription there! :?:

Lurker64
01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Makes it real easy at that point. They tag him at the highest level and make him the starting QB.

But he's going to be pretty expensive since someone would probably offer him a deal even at the highest tender, and the poison pill is still around so that's no guarantee they'd get to keep him, unless I'm misunderstanding something about the RFA process. If someone realistically thinks that Schaub is potentially a franchise starting QB, he'd probably be worth a first and a third (depending on where the team is drafting.) I wonder if Atlanta is scrambling to get him locked up before free agency starts pending a Vick suspension.

Freak Out
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Ron is pretty stupid (did he graduate?)....but Americans are stupid and hypocritical for allowing this "substance" to remain illegal for personal use by adults. Get off the Mayflower and relax Pilgrims.

packers11
01-18-2007, 11:42 AM
good I hate vick... Everyone down in ATL makes him sound like he can be the greatest qb ever... Yea maybe for a highlight reel...

AtlPackFan
01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
good I hate vick... Everyone down in ATL makes him sound like he can be the greatest qb ever... Yea maybe for a highlight reel...

Not me!!!

I have always felt Matt Schaub was the Falcons best option at QB but Arthur Blank has a lot of resources tied up in Ron Mexico. So unless this blows up into a possible conviction or league suspension, Vick is his starting QB....IMO.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Michael Vick ("the greatest quarterback ever") has million of dollars at his fingertips and he opts to buy a fake water bottle for transporting his dope.
I hear ya man, whats up with that? He could afford to pay someone to go score that sweet cheeba yet he takes a huge risk to move around a small ass bag, at an airport, with all the security on high alert????

Moron!!

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't understand that either. If he wanted to blaze up in both places, I feel like he easily could accomplish said thing and still get the stankiest of the dankiest ganja.

Brohm
01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Stop being so insensitive! It was probably medicine he needs to take for his "condition".

So he can forget his STDs :shock: :lol:

oregonpackfan
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm sure that bottle was just Channel # 5 he was taking for his mother.:)

Pat

Kiwon
01-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Oooooo...that's cold. True, but cold! :D

GrnBay007
01-18-2007, 04:00 PM

No...medicine to treat his STD's....that's what I meant by his "condition". :D

BooHoo
01-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I am sure he has a logical explaination! :lol:

Like some old lady ask him to carry the bottle onto the plane for her. Or he was just carrying it for a friend.

GBRulz
01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.guerillasports.com/cms_images/articles/thumbnail_412.gif

red
01-18-2007, 06:02 PM
the guy should be canned and suspended just for being that stupid

woodbuck27
01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/9947208

Police: No decision on charges for Vick

NFL.com wire reports

MIAMI (Jan. 22, 2007) -- Police haven't decided whether to file criminal charges against Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick over a suspicious bottle he tried to bring through airport security.

Investigators were awaiting results of a crime lab analysis of the bottle, which appeared to contain only water but also had a hidden compartment that contained a "small amount of dark particulate" and an odor consistent with marijuana, according to a police report.

Miami-Dade County police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said Jan. 22 "there's no official word" on the analysis or the filing of any charges. A spokesman for State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said investigators had not made a recommendation on whether to prosecute.

"It has not reached us," spokesman Ed Griffith said.

Citing unidentified NFL sources, ESPN reported that Vick was not carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance when he was stopped Jan. 17 by security at Miami International Airport.

The 26-year-old player surrendered the water bottle but was not arrested. A Falcons spokesman did not immediately return a phone call Jan. 22.

Possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor under Florida law, punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. First offenders rarely do jail time.

Fritz
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey, that wasn't Michael Vick. It was some guy named Ron Mexico. This explains why he tried to transport a small amount. Mike Vick wouldn't need to do that, as several of you have pointed out. He coulda just bought whatever he desired at both destinations. But a poor, unconnected sap like Ronnie Mexico does not have such luxury.