PDA

View Full Version : iWork Pages

Partial
01-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Best piece of software ever. Beautifully and intelligently designed. Makes word its bitch.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Apple has been MS's bitch forever. It can accept a few months of being 2nd best.

Partial
01-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I used it today for the first time. Awesome piece of software. What do you guys think are quality pieces of software, shareware, freeware, etc.

GBRulz
01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I got Aperture for Xmas. That program is amazing.

So long, Photoshop....

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I got Aperture for Xmas. That program is amazing.

So long, Photoshop....

Really? I actually like photoshop better. I don't know how to use Aperture very well, though.

You should try Pages. The features in it are awesome and its so well layed out compared to word.

AtlPackFan
01-18-2007, 12:25 PM
For Freeware, OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org/index.html) is pretty damn good. And everything can be saved into Microsoft format. I used it for well over a year at home and often edited documents I brought from work that were MS Office based. I only stopped using it when my latest computer purchase came loaded with MS Office.

Freak Out
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I ordered my wife a macbook which will be here Friday..C2D with 2 gigs of ram and a 120 gig HD. I got iworks as well seeing as how it was only $49 with the education discount. I have never used it before but have heard very good things about it. This will be the perfect computer for her.
I am concerned with some of the heat issues I have heard about though...any thoughts on that Partial?

Partial
01-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I ordered my wife a macbook which will be here Friday..C2D with 2 gigs of ram and a 120 gig HD. I got iworks as well seeing as how it was only $49 with the education discount. I have never used it before but have heard very good things about it. This will be the perfect computer for her.
I am concerned with some of the heat issues I have heard about though...any thoughts on that Partial?

Heat will be fine, the latest firmware keeps it right around 50 degrees C. It is actually quite cozy. Nicest computer she'll ever own. Pages is phenominal. I never used it before and love the interface to it.