PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett and Olson

Partial
01-19-2007, 07:33 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Zool
01-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Another Miami TE? Is that place TE-U now?

PackerPro42
01-19-2007, 08:02 AM
I was kind of mad when I saw that. I don't think that Jarrett will be a great player and Miller may just turn out to be the next Franks. I would much rather see Lynch and then Merriweather in our draft.

Lurker64
01-19-2007, 08:29 AM
My theory is that until the combine happens, any prediction as to who we'll pick in the first round will just be wrong. So therefore that I'm pretty sure that we're not taking Lynch or Jarrett.

I'm still hoping we take defense in the first round, but who am I to go against the assembled masses of the media. But until we have some idea about who's there at 16, trading down looks really, really attractive.

Partial
01-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I was kind of mad when I saw that. I don't think that Jarrett will be a great player and Miller may just turn out to be the next Franks. I would much rather see Lynch and then Merriweather in our draft.

wtf is your name on that draft board? I sent like 50 people PMs asking if they were you.

I want Meachem and Merriweather. Merriweather is going to be a pretty damn good player. Meachem is going to be like JWalk.

Partial
01-19-2007, 09:40 AM
There are so many good safeties, defensive ends and receivers in this draft it is not even funny. They should look to get a tight end in round 4.

PackerPro42
01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm PackerPro42, just like on here. Who are you? Are you Sterling Sharpe?

PackerPro42
01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Meachem would be a very good player. I think he's more of a burner than a possesion reciever, but it would be awesome if we could pick him up in the second round. The guy can fly.

I agree with you that TE is a need but we could probably adress it in the later rounds. I just can't see the Packers using a second on a TE when there are more glaring needs.

Partial
01-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm PackerPro42, just like on here. Who are you? Are you Sterling Sharpe?

Partial

PackerPro42
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I've never seen you on there. Do you post a lot?

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 02:41 PM

I was just about to say the exact same thign

Joemailman
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM

Just wondring what you think TT should do in Round 1 if Lynch is taken. GBNReport.com http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html has Lynch and Jarrett going before the Packers pick. They have the Packers going with Laron Landry on Round 1. I think it could be him or Revis if Lynch and Jarrett are gone. I agree they should not take Olson in Round 2.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM

Just wondring what you think TT should do in Round 1 if Lynch is taken. GBNReport.com http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html has Lynch and Jarrett going before the Packers pick. They have the Packers going with Laron Landry on Round 1. I think it could be him or Revis if Lynch and Jarrett are gone. I agree they should not take Olson in Round 2.

Most likely Landry will be gone...

Lurker64
01-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Most likely Landry will be gone...

But this sort of thing is almost impossible to predict at this point. The teams drafting in the middle of the pack always have a number of needs, but few really glaring ones. So teams picking in the teens always have a lot of choices, and stuff that happens between the draft and now can easily cause someone to rise or fall a few spots in the middle of the first round. If Landry runs .05 seconds slower than he was projected to, or if a few of the guys projected to go in the 20's have monster combines, Landry could easily fall to us. Heck, the jury isn't really even fully out yet as to whether or not Reggie Nelson would be a better pick, so Landry could be the second safety taken. Landry's the safer pick, but quality draftniks could easily see Nelson as having more upside (he seems to play more explosively and is better in coverage.)

Hell, I wouldn't be unhappy taking Reggie Nelson with our #1 pick.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Good point, lurker.