PDA

View Full Version : My 2007 Mock Drafts

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay so its my favorite time of football season again... Ill try to post these weekly because its the only thing that keeps me awake in highschool... I know mocks dont mean anything untill after the combine but wth its fun to me.. Excuse my spelling also Have fun ripping it apart :P

1. Raiders - Jamarcus Russel | QB| LSU
-Other options- Calvin Johnson

2. Lions - Joe Thomas | OT| Wisconson
-Other options- Brady Quinn

3. Browns - Brady Quinn |QB| Notre Dame
- Other options - Adrian Peterson

4. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson |WR| Georgia Tech
-Other options- Gaines Adams

5. Cardinals - Gaines Adams |DE| Clemson
-Other options- Joe Thomas

6. Redskins- Laron Landry |S| LSU

7. Queens - Jamal Anderson |DE| Arkansa
-Other options - Reggie Nelson

8. Texans - Adrian Peterson |RB| Oklahoma

9. Dolphins - Leon Hall |CB| Michigan
-Other Optons- Amobi Okoye

10. Falcons - Reggie Nelson |S| Florida

11. 49'ers - Dwayne Jarrett |WR| USC
-Other options- Ted Ginn JR.

12. Bills - Lawrence Timmons - |LB| FSU

13. Rams - Alan Branch |DT| Michigan
*Steal

14. Panthers - Patrick Willis |ILB| Ole Miss

15. Steelers - Levi Brown |OT| Penn St.

16. Packers - Marshawn Lynch |RB| Cal
- going out on a limb with this pick just kidding

17. Jaguars - Darrelle Revis |CB| Pittsburg
-Other options- Colt Brennan

18. Bengals - Amobi Okoye |DT| Louisville
-Try saying that name 10 times fast

19. Titans - Ted Ginn JR. |WR| OSU
- Other options - Sidney Rice/Dwayne Jarrett

20. Giants - Marcus McCauley |CB| Fresno St.

21. Broncos- Quinn Pittcock |DT| OSU
-If ether Revis or McCauley are here I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take them

22. Cowboys – Justin Blalock |OG| Texas

23. Chiefs – Colt Brennan |QB| Hawaii
- As we saw Trent Green is mortal and is old.
-Other options- Sydney Rice

24. Patriots – Daymeion Huges (F/SEA)
- With Samardja going to baseball I see the Patriots going the DB route

25- Jets – Javaris Moss |DE| Florida
- Close decision between Moss and Carriker but Moss’s speed puts him above

26. Eagles – Jon Beason |OLB| The U
-Eagles could go many routes between S and Lb… I personally just see Beason doing better here than Posluszny.

27. Patriots – Sidney Rice |WR| South Carolina

28. Ravens- Queintin Mosses |DE| Georgia
-Ravens have many options here

29 Bears – Benn Grubs |OG| Auburn

30. Chargers – Michael Griffin |S| Texas

31. Colts – DeMarcus Tyler |DT| N.C. State
- Could also go the LB route with Buster Davis

32. Saints- Paul Posluszny |OLB| Penn St.
-They could also take DeMarcus Tyler

BF4MVP
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I like your description of the Lynch pick :lol:

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I like your description of the Lynch pick :lol:

thanks i put alot of time and effort deciding on him :cow:

Partial
01-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I think the Browns will take Alan Branch and play him at DE and I think the Dolphins will take Okoye instead of Leon Hall. I then think the Rams will take Leon Hall since they play on Turf and that will give him an advantage as he might be too slow to play on grass.

Partial
01-19-2007, 05:13 PM
I also think we'll take Meachem over Lynch. He is going to climb big time come combine time.

Freak Out
01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm going to vote "who knows" ok? Your draft is as good as any I've seen.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I also think we'll take Meachem over Lynch. He is going to climb big time come combine time.

But is wr more of a need then RB?
I mean everyone keeps saying we need a wr, but i think our core reciving team is very underrated

19 Shaun Bodiford WR 24 5-11 185 R Portland State
80 Donald Driver WR 31 6-0 190 8 Alcorn State
89 Robert Ferguson WR 27 6-1 219 6 Texas A&M
83 Chris Francies WR 24 6-1 193 R UTEP
18 Carlyle Holiday WR 25 6-2 220 2 Notre Dame
85 Greg Jennings WR 23 5-11 196 R Western Michigan
82 Ruvell Martin WR 24 6-4 217 1 Saginaw Valley

Next years lineup should look like this

-Driver
-Jennings
-Martin
-Holiday
-Rookie
-Robinson

(this is in my perspective of how people have done)

Basically i dont think that Wr is a huge need right now, and if the dolphins dont take hall, then my gut feeling is that the falcons would greatly consider him, and if reggie nelson falls to us i say take him in a instant...

Glancing at the Browns roster i could see why they would take Branch but i mean Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson are hard to turn down.

Right now the Dolphins need a CB
If you can count Will Allen as a above average CB, the skill basically starts to decline... I really disagree with the Rams taking a CB 2 years in a row
The rams could really go many ways between DT orDB..

One more thing on the dolphins pick, They could use a dt but its not something they neccesarily need this year, They had a lot of hope in the dt they drafted last year Fredrick Evans but he got hurt so there waiting to see what they have in him.. I think the DT will hinge on whether Vonnie Holliday leaves cause thats what they use him for..
And just if anyone didnt know the Dolphins hired Cam Cameron

Partial
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
If thats our receiving core, I will poop on your chest. That lineup sucks. Meachem has phenominal body control and is fast. He'll be like Walker.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
If thats our receiving core, I will poop on your chest. That lineup sucks. Meachem has phenominal body control and is fast. He'll be like Walker.

see idk though i really think that Martin and Holiday showed flashes of talent... I think we'll spend our 2nd round on ethier a S, WR, or TE.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
This year, I'm going to wait until after the combine to go mock happy. Otherwise, I'll drive myself insane. Example:

1) Do a mock in January.
2) Scouting combine
3) More mock drafts. Some of those guys projected in the 1st round drop to 2nd round or later picks, but still pretty high.
4) Draft rolls around and I'm getting pissed that--late in the draft--the Packers keep passing on a bunch of guys projected to go in the first couple of rounds.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2007, 09:47 PM
This year, I'm going to wait until after the combine to go mock happy. Otherwise, I'll drive myself insane. Example:

1) Do a mock in January.
2) Scouting combine
3) More mock drafts. Some of those guys projected in the 1st round drop to 2nd round or later picks, but still pretty high.
4) Draft rolls around and I'm getting pissed that--late in the draft--the Packers keep passing on a bunch of guys projected to go in the first couple of rounds.
haha but you dont have boring 50 minute classes every weekday

PackerPro42
01-20-2007, 07:13 AM
I look at it this way, our WR core was weak this year but next year it's going to rock. Regardless if we get Moss or not, we'll have Driver, Jennings, K-Rob, Holiday, and Lee. That's a pretty good receiving core. I don't think that the WR position is a first round need. We can certainly draft a WR in the second or third round, but not in the first.

Like you said Partial, and like I've been saying for a long time, there's so much depth at the WR and DB depth in this draft that we won't need to draft one of those position in the first round to have an immediate starter.

BallHawk
01-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I look at it this way, our WR core was weak this year but next year it's going to rock. Regardless if we get Moss or not, we'll have Driver, Jennings, K-Rob, Holiday, and Lee. That's a pretty good receiving core. I don't think that the WR position is a first round need. We can certainly draft a WR in the second or third round, but not in the first.

I wouldn't say it is going to rock. Driver is the only guaranteed producer on this team. Jennings, however extremely promising, is not at the point where he can be counted on to produce #2 numbers. K-Rob is more likely to fail than succeed. Holiday and Lee we can just hope for the best. Without Driver, and I pray he doesn't get injured, we are one of the worst cores in the league.

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Ballhawk, have you and wist been hanging out lately by chance?

BallHawk
01-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Ballhawk, have you and wist been hanging out lately by chance?

We may or may not of met up for drinks. That's all I'm saying.