PDA

View Full Version : TIM LEWIS

Bretsky
01-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Some of us vets remember this guy looking like he was really going to be a great CB in the NFL before going down with the neck injury.

He's been a very good secondary coach and reportedly a shaky NFL DC

After being let go as the Giants DC, the Carolina Panthers quickly snatched him up as their new seconday coach. A quick and bold move.

It'd have been nice to see MM make a bold move with Nottenheimer and see Tim Lewis back in Green n Gold.

MacCool606
01-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm with you on this one - I think Lewis was on the Pittsburgh staff before getting his promotion to DC with the Giants. He has always been coaching with a physically tough defense.
It would be good to upgrade the coaching staff, much like you upgrade a roster. If there's a better guy available then the one you have, you get the better guy.
Not that I'm saying Schottenheimer isn't good - oh wait, that is what I'm saying. (We are talking about a guy here that has made a career out of being hired as a favor to his brother!)

Fritz
01-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Can't we still hope that some new head coach somewhere owes one of the Schottenheimers a favor, and hires Kurt away? Oakland seems the kind of dysfunctional place this could actually happen.

The Lionel Washington can be promoted and Leroy Butler can relent and agree to become the assistant defensive secondary coach.

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey, at this rate, Kurt could BE the new HC in Oakland...