PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's In

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D) today announced she will establish a presidential exploratory committee, launching a 2008 campaign that could make her the first female president in history and the only former first lady to succeed her husband in the White House.

In a posting on her campaign Web site, Clinton announced her decision with a headline that read, "I'm In."

Clinton's decision to file papers with the Federal Election Commission ends months of fevered speculation about a possible bid for the White House. She released video and written statements on her Web site and will make a public appearance to discuss her plans tomorrow in New York.

oregonpackfan
01-20-2007, 12:47 PM
MJZiggy,

Hilary Clinton needs to come up with a more original and less embarrasing statement than "I'm in!" That may be the same phrase here husband said when he was interacting with Monica Lewinsky! :twisted:

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 12:56 PM
You have a dark side, OPF. I'm impressed... :P

Scott Campbell
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
God help us all if she wins.

Charles Woodson
01-20-2007, 01:58 PM
MJZiggy,

Hilary Clinton needs to come up with a more original and less embarrasing statement than "I'm in!" That may be the same phrase here husband said when he was interacting with Monica Lewinsky! :twisted:
that was hilarious

GBRulz
01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
If she is the front runner for the Dem's, they can forget about winning the next election.

BallHawk
01-20-2007, 05:30 PM
If she is the front runner for the Dem's, they can forget about winning the next election.

Exactly. I could see people crossing over to vote for Obama. People wouldn't do the same for Hilary.

Freak Out
01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
There is far to much Clinton hate left in America for her to have a chance right now.....but who knows....Dubya could screw any chances the Republicans have with this much time in office left.

BallHawk
01-20-2007, 10:29 PM
There is far to much Clinton hate left in America for her to have a chance right now.....but who knows....Dubya could screw any chances the Republicans have with this much time in office left.

Bush is just doing what he can to not tarnish his reputation. As long as he doesn't pull back in Iraq, in his eyes, he succeeded as a President.

Joemailman
01-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not a Hillary admirer, but I don't buy the idea that she can't win. By winning twice, Dubya has greatly lowered the standard of who can win. A lot could depend on what happens in Iraq in the next year. She is opposing sending more troops, which McCain supports, so how things go in Iraq could be very important. Actually, despite the polls, I think Hillary will have a tough time winning the Democratic nomination.

MJZiggy
01-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree. Obama seems to be something of a phenom right now.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
By winning twice, Dubya has greatly lowered the standard of who can win.

I don't know if it was so much of the standard being lowered, or that the Dems screwed up by giving Flip Flip the Democratic nod.

I just hope that in the next election my vote isn't decided by which one I hate less or by the number of times they call my phone and play stupid recordings!!

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 11:07 AM
You mean that wasn't really President Clinton?? :shock:

digitaldean
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Hillary has a chance to win. But she's definitely polarizing.

I, for one, can't understand the fascination there is about Obama.

What has he really done? He's done next to nothing in the Senate. He has been a successful civil rights lawyer, but that's not hardly the credentials to be President.

red
01-21-2007, 01:25 PM

What has he really done? He's done next to nothing in the Senate. He has been a successful civil rights lawyer, but that's not hardly the credentials to be President.

thats just it, he hasn't had time to become a corrupt pile of shit politician yet like all the rest are

obama is going to make a strong puch for this thing. he's very smart, very dignified, he's a great public speaker, and he knows have to relate to the common man. and there doesn't seem to be a lot of dirt on the guy, but i'm sure some will be "found". and theres no a huge voting recond, so the repubs can use that flip flop bullshit this time, and try and dupe a stup america into thinking he's a flip flopped, and not just playing the political game like all the others

and i have a lot of confidence that if obama is posed with the flip flop thing that he has the brains to explain to the people that sometimes you vote one way knowing you'll vote a different way on the next vote if certain conditions aren't met

heres an expample of how the games played

one side proposses a new bill that will end world hungy and would make everyone happy. and they're working on a plan to do it. i say thats great, i'll vote yes to move this one along

a few months later the bill come up for another vote. but this time it says, we'll end world hunger, and do it by dragging the poor out of their home and shooting them in the streets. and a ridder has been added on giving the vice pres unlimited use of all the hookers in atlantic city, and we should nuke canada claim it as our own, and call it new florida. i say thats horrible and vote no on the new form of the bill

the other side say, OMG, look at you, you vote yes one time, and no the next. you're a flip flopper. now i have the whole country brainwashed into calling me this idiot fucking name, and they have no clue as to why they're doing it, or what went into the change of votes

everyone see how the game is played

retailguy
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM

thats just it, he hasn't had time to become a corrupt pile of shit politician yet like all the rest are

obama is going to make a strong puch for this thing. he's very smart, very dignified, he's a great public speaker, and he knows have to relate to the common man. and there doesn't seem to be a lot of dirt on the guy, but i'm sure some will be "found". and theres no a huge voting recond, so the repubs can use that flip flop bullshit this time, and try and dupe a stup america into thinking he's a flip flopped, and not just playing the political game like all the others

and i have a lot of confidence that if obama is posed with the flip flop thing that he has the brains to explain to the people that sometimes you vote one way knowing you'll vote a different way on the next vote if certain conditions aren't met

heres an expample of how the games played

one side proposses a new bill that will end world hungy and would make everyone happy. and they're working on a plan to do it. i say thats great, i'll vote yes to move this one along

a few months later the bill come up for another vote. but this time it says, we'll end world hunger, and do it by dragging the poor out of their home and shooting them in the streets. and a ridder has been added on giving the vice pres unlimited use of all the hookers in atlantic city, and we should nuke canada claim it as our own, and call it new florida. i say thats horrible and vote no on the new form of the bill

the other side say, OMG, look at you, you vote yes one time, and no the next. you're a flip flopper. now i have the whole country brainwashed into calling me this idiot fucking name, and they have no clue as to why they're doing it, or what went into the change of votes

everyone see how the game is played

And, exactly, how does this differ from the "he's lined up with "BIG OIL"" claims?

The fact is, NOBODY wants to talk about substantive issues. They want this dirt, because they don't want to think. Until that changes, expect more of the same, from both sides....

red
01-21-2007, 03:10 PM
absolutely agree RG

people love worthless dirt, not the real issues

Rastak
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM

She's a shyster, if she get's the nod the Dems are finished. Obama is a good speaker and all but like it or not, many people , mostly uneducated, will not vote for a guy who's middle name is Hussein.

red
01-21-2007, 08:22 PM

She's a shyster, if she get's the nod the Dems are finished. Obama is a good speaker and all but like it or not, many people , mostly uneducated, will not vote for a guy who's middle name is Hussein.

and whats worse, theres a lot of americans, mostly uneducated, that won't vote for him because he's black. and won't vote for her because, well she's a her. so they'll for for the other guy, based on nothing else

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
and whats worse, theres a lot of americans, mostly uneducated, that won't vote for him because he's black. and won't vote for her because, well she's a her. so they'll for for the other guy, based on nothing else

Most Americans will just vote for whoever is against those gays. :roll:

red
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM

well, we obviously can't let gayness spread

if we do, we all might catch gay. or have gays come into our homes and perform gay sex acts in front of our families while we try to eat dinner, or go to church

Joemailman
01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
The race for the Democratic nomination will be about more than Hillary and Obama. Both John Edwards and Tom Vilsack are very popular in Iowa, which is where the first contest will be. Hillary and Obama are leading the polls right now because of name recognition and press coverage, but the race hasn't even started yet.

On the Republican side, look for Mike Huckabee, former Gov. of Arkansas, to get in the race. He is an impressive guy, and might pose a real threat especially if support for the Iraq war blows up in McCain's face.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
It sure would be nice for the war to be over come election time, because seeing what other priorties the candidates have, should they be elected, would be nice.

Oh hell, it's not like they do what they say anyhow.

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM

if we do, we all might catch gay. or have gays come into our homes and perform gay sex acts in front of our families while we try to eat dinner, or go to church

Exactly! I'm against gay marriage, but I have no problem with gays. I remember in 2004, with younger voters, it was "I'm not voting for Kerry because he likes gays." I love America's freedom and democracy, but we pay the price of having uniformed idiots being sent to the polls. Maybe we should get people to pass a test to be able to vote...

Joemailman
01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Which war, Iraq or Iran?

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 09:54 PM

Exactly! I'm against gay marriage, but I have no problem with gays. I remember in 2004, with younger voters, it was "I'm not voting for Kerry because he likes gays." I love America's freedom and democracy, but we pay the price of having uniformed idiots being sent to the polls. Maybe we should get people to pass a test to be able to vote...

That topic is going to be debated for a long time. After a while, people will realize nothing has changed and won't let that be the deciding factor in the polls. It's sorta like Republicans and abortion. I am totally against abortion, but I won't vote Repub just because they are as well. They have been in control for many years and haven't done a damn thing about making it illegal, anyhow. Certain topics become a mute point after a while IMO.

Rastak
01-21-2007, 10:10 PM

That topic is going to be debated for a long time. After a while, people will realize nothing has changed and won't let that be the deciding factor in the polls. It's sorta like Republicans and abortion. I am totally against abortion, but I won't vote Repub just because they are as well. They have been in control for many years and haven't done a damn thing about making it illegal, anyhow. Certain topics become a mute point after a while IMO.

They also become moot...... :wink:

Joemailman
01-21-2007, 10:12 PM
For years, Republicans have used the abortion issue to get Christian conservatives out to the polls. Bush has done nothing to try to change the public's opinion of whether abortion should be legal. In a press conference in early 2005, he was asked by a reporter how he would define "a culture of life". His answer did not even mention abortion. I suspect he is secretly pro-choice.

Same thing with the gay marriage issue. He brought up the issue during the 2004 campaign to get conservatives out to the polls. I haven't heard him talk about it since. It will be interesting to see if Guiliani's pro-gay rights and pro-abortion rights views hurt him in the early Republican primaries. Whether or not it does may provide a clue as to what kind of a campaign it will be.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM

They also become moot...... :wink:

OOPS !! That's what I meant to say :oops:

Well, should I ever call someone a pre-madonna, please send me the "Hooked on Phonics" kit :lol:

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
No, we'll just call you old... :shock: :P

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
No, we'll just call you old... :shock: :P

ha! and I'll call you to borrow your senior citizen discount :P

Freak Out
01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
She's a shyster,
Give me a few examples of her being a Shyster please.