PDA

View Full Version : Say no to Woodson

b bulldog
04-22-2006, 05:50 PM
With the huge holes on both sides of the ball I think we should all hope that TT now doesn't act out of character and overpay Woodson. Personally, I hope they stear clear from him and invest more in their future UFA's such as Barnett, the T's and hopefully J WALK. I do agree with TT on the best way to build a team is through the draft but it is also nescessary to invest in younger UFA's who will be around when the team turns the corner. We've posted and posted about these players and how they would have helped us now and in the future, so I won't go down that road now. Bringing in a 30 year old DB who already has injury problems is just plain foolish IMO. When do we start talking about the 07 draft :mad: Just kidding! :sad:

gbpackfan
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
People, get it through your heads! J WALK IS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR THE PACK AGAIN! If they don't trade him, he will come back but will pull the same shit that MM pulled a couple years ago. With such a young team, we dont need that cancer infecting the locker room. TRADE HIS B*TCH AS*!

As for Woodson, sign him! I think he would be a great addition to our secondary. He surely is an upgrade over Carroll. Don't grossly over pay but you have to show him some money. Your not going to get every player for the league minimum!

retailguy
04-22-2006, 08:47 PM
I think if there was a danger of TT overpaying, Arrington would've signed and Woodson would already be here.

The real question is, does Woodson want to be a safety or a corner? If a safety he's in Tampa, if a corner, he's in GB. Regardless of the money, which is probably pretty close.

b bulldog
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
A team in a rebuilding made doesn't need a player like Woodson. Age and injuries should have the Packers looking else where. On ESPN in the huddle, they thought Walker wouldn't be traded and that it could get real ugly or the two sides could work out a deal. I think they will trade him but if not, let him sit!

esoxx
04-22-2006, 09:33 PM
With the huge holes on both sides of the ball I think we should all hope that TT now doesn't act out of character and overpay Woodson.

You'll get your wish b/c no way TT signs Woodson. Doesn't fit his GM style.

b bulldog
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
That's correct but don't you think that since we are totally rebuilding, why sign an older,injury proned db.

RashanGary
04-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm disappointed because I think Thompson would have given Walker a really nice deal. Probably a contract that was top 5 or better. I don't know why Walker pulled this shit.

Honestly, he's not going to get the money from another team that he would have gotten had he kept his mouth shut and had a huge year. He really hurt his pocket book and on his self distructive rampage he hurt the Packers too.

It's too bad he's so dumb. That really is his main problem.

b bulldog
04-22-2006, 09:41 PM
i AGREE AND HAVE HEARD THAT HIS FAMILY ARE one oif the main reasons why his head has gotten so darn big. I guess they pretty much tell his he is a top 3 WR.

CyclonePackFan
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
i AGREE AND HAVE HEARD THAT HIS FAMILY ARE one oif the main reasons why his head has gotten so darn big. I guess they pretty much tell his he is a top 3 WR.

Well, it is JWalk's daddy who has to speak for him in public.

b bulldog
04-22-2006, 10:05 PM
iT'S HIS STEPFATHER I think but you are correct.

retailguy
04-22-2006, 10:38 PM
That's correct but don't you think that since we are totally rebuilding, why sign an older,injury proned db.

How about to hold the fort down until you get your replacement coached up? If Carrol is not the guy, then they need to start over.

packers11
06-22-2008, 01:11 AM
this is a funny thread to bump...

The Woodson / Walker Rants are priceless...

Its unfortunate the packers didn't give Walker a new 70 million dollar contract :wink:

BallHawk
06-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Forum Creation bump.

Nice. :D

SkinBasket
06-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Ouch.

Patler
06-22-2008, 07:47 AM
I saw the headline, and thought maybe he was asking for a contract extension or something!

Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on using our old comments against us??!! :lol:

MJZiggy
06-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I thought the same thing and wondered "what huge holes on both sides of the ball?"

Thought maybe bulldog got into the catnip or something.

Joemailman
06-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Although I didn't post it at the time, I thought that signing Woodson and getting rid of javon were great moves. 8-)

gbgary
06-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Although I didn't post it at the time, I thought that signing Woodson and getting rid of javon were great moves. 8-)

although i didn't post it at the time i thought keeping Brett as the #1, after Majik's ankle was healed, was a brilliant move. wait...was there anywhere to post when that happened? http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

Zool
06-22-2008, 10:44 AM
I saw the headline, and thought maybe he was asking for a contract extension or something!

Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on using our old comments against us??!! :lol:

Nope. This is the only consequence that can be had on an internet forum.

CaliforniaCheez
06-22-2008, 11:34 AM

Somebody had the time and inclination. Sometimes other than an "I gotcha" moment it is nice to see sometimes how the majority or minority were wrong on an issue.

No harm no foul.

packers11
06-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Exactly there is no harm... It is entertaining though to go back in the forum ...

If you go farther back, when Woodson played his preseason game against the Bengals and got smoked everyone was calling for T.T's head... :lol:

Patler
06-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Didn't the little smiley face at the end of my remark indicate to you that I was only kidding? I didn't even have a comment in the original thread. Of course, I RARELY do!
:shock:

Rastak
06-22-2008, 05:30 PM
My take on getting out of previous comments is this.

If you express an opinion like:

"I think Arod will lead the NFC North in passing"

then you are expressing your guess/opinion.

If you are an idiot and say "Arod will lead the NFC North is passing", then if he doesn't you are open to someone calling you out. You shouldn't "declare shit" unless you have inside knowledge and know it for a fact.

Guiness
06-22-2008, 05:41 PM

Didn't the little smiley face at the end of my remark indicate to you that I was only kidding? I didn't even have a comment in the original thread. Of course, I RARELY do!
:shock:

Oh, I think Zool knew full well you were kidding. His reply was so heavily doused with sarcasm, the blooms fell off my petunia!

Scott Campbell
06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
If you are an idiot and say "Arod will lead the NFC North is passing", then if he doesn't you are open to someone calling you out.

Agreed.

Though it'd take an even bigger idiot to come out and say "T-Jack will lead the NFC North in passing". :lol:

Rastak
06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
If you are an idiot and say "Arod will lead the NFC North is passing", then if he doesn't you are open to someone calling you out.

Agreed.

Though it'd take an even bigger idiot to come out and say "T-Jack will lead the NFC North in passing". :lol:

Probably..... :(

Point remains the same, if you "declare it to be" and it isn't, you get what you deserve.