PDA

View Full Version : Wis guys are tough! - The Proof

Kiwon
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Man survives fall from 17th floor (From USA Today)

Posted 1/21/2007

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A man crashed through a double-paned window in a hotel on Saturday and plummeted 16 floors — but survived when he was caught by a roof overhang.

Joshua Hanson, 29, of Blair, Wis., was taken to a hospital. Police and fire officials said he had multiple broken bones and internal injuries.

The man must have "an angel on his shoulder or something," said police Lt. Dale Barsness. "He's a lucky guy."

According to a police report, Hanson and two friends returned from a night of drinking at about 1:30 a.m Saturday. When the elevator reached the 17th floor, Hanson ran down a short hallway toward a floor-to-ceiling window, Barsness said.

He apparently lost his balance and crashed through the glass, then fell 300 feet, landing on the roof overhang one floor up from the street.

The window was double-paned and had a safety bar, said Tom Mason, general manager of the Hyatt.

Police said Hanson was conscious and communicating when he was taken off the overhang.

"This has never happened before," said Mason, who added that hotel officials will investigate and take whatever steps to ensure the hotel's safety.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

You Wis guys are tough. It's been scientifically proven now. Unbelievable.

digitaldean
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Man survives fall from 17th floor (From USA Today)

Posted 1/21/2007

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A man crashed through a double-paned window in a hotel on Saturday and plummeted 16 floors — but survived when he was caught by a roof overhang.

Joshua Hanson, 29, of Blair, Wis., was taken to a hospital. Police and fire officials said he had multiple broken bones and internal injuries.

The man must have "an angel on his shoulder or something," said police Lt. Dale Barsness. "He's a lucky guy."

According to a police report, Hanson and two friends returned from a night of drinking at about 1:30 a.m Saturday. When the elevator reached the 17th floor, Hanson ran down a short hallway toward a floor-to-ceiling window, Barsness said.

He apparently lost his balance and crashed through the glass, then fell 300 feet, landing on the roof overhang one floor up from the street.

The window was double-paned and had a safety bar, said Tom Mason, general manager of the Hyatt.

Police said Hanson was conscious and communicating when he was taken off the overhang.

"This has never happened before," said Mason, who added that hotel officials will investigate and take whatever steps to ensure the hotel's safety.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

You Wis guys are tough. It's been scientifically proven now. Unbelievable.

Too bad he had to do something stupid to prove how tough (i.e., lucky) he was. :roll:

oregonpackfan
01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
He must have had one serious hangover!

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Proves they also drink a lot too.
:D

esoxx
01-22-2007, 12:16 AM
If he's so tough he wouldn't have broken his leg. Wimp. :smack:

HarveyWallbangers
01-22-2007, 01:31 AM
If he's so tough he wouldn't have broken his leg. Wimp. :smack:

Reminds of a joke.
:D

Three cowboys are sitting around a campfire, out on the lonesome prairie, each with the bravado for which cowboys are famous. A night of tall tales begins.

The first says, "I must be the meanest, toughest cowboy there is. Why, just the other day, a bull got loose in the corral and gored six men before I wrestled it to the ground, by the horns, with my bare hands."

The second can't stand to be bested. "Why that's nothing. I was walking down the trail yesterday and a fifteen foot rattler slid out from under a rock and made a move for me. I grabbed that snake with my bare hands, bit its head off, and sucked the poison down in one gulp. And I'm still here today."

The third cowboy remained silent, slowly stirring the coals with his penis.

esoxx
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice!

KYPack
01-24-2007, 08:33 AM
When the cops came up and asked him what happened the guy said, "I dunno, I just got here myself"!

The article said he fell 300 feet. 17 floors is about 175 - 180 feet.

This boy is the poster child for getting wasted. If he was sober that night, he'd be a dead man.

MJZiggy
01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
If he were sober that night, he wouldn't have fallen through a window...

Zool
01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
When the cops came up and asked him what happened the guy said, "I dunno, I just got here myself"!

The article said he fell 300 feet. 17 floors is about 175 - 180 feet.

This boy is the poster child for getting wasted. If he was sober that night, he'd be a dead man.I thought the same thing about the distance. 8 foot ceilings, 3 foot gap between floors. So being generous it would be 200 feet.

Kiwon
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Update: The guy's okay. He credits God for saving him and he doesn't remember a thing.

"Hanson recalls drinking with his pals at a couple of bars in St. Paul before going back to the Minneapolis Hyatt Regency. They stopped by a darts tournament at the hotel before heading to their rooms in the early morning hours.

"Then we come back off the elevator and that's when, for whatever reason ... I decided to take off running," Hanson said. "I don't know why I took off running or what really led up to it, but — I did."

Sprinting down the hallway alone, he said he was confused by the reflection on the window pane at the end. With a crash, the 275-pound former prep football player and wrestler broke through a double-paned window with a safety bar."

(Break)

"The fall has made him more contemplative and given him a fresh perspective, he said, though he didn't know whether it would cause him to drink less."
.................................................. ..............................

Sounds like he hasn't learned anything, either.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-02-21-hotel-fall_x.htm