PDA

View Full Version : I'm just the messanger !

BEARMAN
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I aint here to cause no trouble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle ! :lol:

Go BEARS Go !

BallHawk
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
George Halas is cringing in his grave.

Jimx29
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
¿got spellcheck?

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Listen, no offense is meant, but we're getting rid of threads giving kidos to the Bears for going to the SB. Truth be told the thought of it is frustrating enough; none of us want any extra ribbing.

BTW, they played a great game and deserve to go.

B

oregonpackfan
01-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah,yeah, Bearman. We know you are just the messenger. Human decency demands, however, that we shoot you anyway!:)

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 03:40 AM
OK Bearman, you got a thread to play in. Use it dont abuse it.

BTW - GO COLTS!!!!!

chewy-bacca
01-22-2007, 05:37 AM
BTW - GO COLTS!!!!!

this will be a good game. the colts best be ready!

woodbuck27
01-22-2007, 08:01 AM
First of all. Congratulations to all Bear fans that exercise the privalege to enjoy this forum.

Going to the Super Bowl is awesome but losing in it is HELL.

Please. Don't expect us to buy into the Rex Grossman is King BS as he played poorly again yesterday.To draw any comparisons between Grossman and Favre is insane.

The Bear 'D' played BIG and your running game was excellent. Those components set up that huge win.

Zool
01-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Bust out the Zubas and the mullet wig. I think I'm going to begrudgingly root for the Bears. I've never been much of a Colts fan. I've been getting real tired of seeing them on TV, and seeing Peyton in every 3rd commercial. If they win it will only get worse.

woodbuck27
01-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Bust out the Zubas and the mullet wig. I think I'm going to begrudgingly root for the Bears. I've never been much of a Colts fan. I've been getting real tired of seeing them on TV, and seeing Peyton in every 3rd commercial. If they win it will only get worse.

I find it difficult to pull for either team in this Super Bowl, but I'll have to admit a preference for the Bears in this one.

Really, I don't give a hoot who wins. I rather hope for a game like the Pat's and Colts gave us last evening.That was an exciting game to watch.

pittstang5
01-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Really, I don't give a hoot who wins.

Me neither, I'm watching for the commercials. Although, they haven't been as good in recent years. They need to bring back the "Bud Bowl," NOW THAT WAS ENTERTAINMENT!

Lurker64
01-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Congratulations Bearman and other Chicago fans. Your team, well mainly your defense, played very well yesterday and you in fact deserved to win that game.

The superbowl is a bit of a tossup, and both Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are quality people so I don't really care who wins. I kind of want Manning to lose though.

swede
01-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Parity has been bad for the NFC. The playoffs were like watching six scrawny little kids playing King-of-the Hill on a snow pile. When the kid wearing the blue and orange hat finally pushed off that last pesky first-grader and made him land on his inhaler he could yell, "I'm the King of the whole frickin' world!"

...and then a tall sixth grader named Peyton walks on to the playground. There are rumors that Peyon actually has pubic hair and he doesn't like seeing the kid with the blue and orange hat on his hill.

Murphy37
01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Gotta give credit to the Bears. They have a good team top to bottom and can overcome poor performances by their QB because of it. When a team's special teams unit is as good as the Bears, it's a sign that the team as a whole is good. An example of this is the 96 Packers, our special teams unit was fabulous, because our team as a whole was good, top to bottom. This year our special teams were not so good, thus our depth was not so good, thus our team was average. The Bears have a good shot at winning the superbowl because of this wealth of talent, but they'll have to have the turnovers they had yesterday. Manning can easily carve them up in the secondary. I'm not happy about it, but I'll probably cheer for the Colts because I can't bring myself to cheer for a rival. Plus I don't want the Bears to ever catch up with the Packers in the SB trophy dept.

red
01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
i might have to skip the SB, i really don't like either team in it this year

and i think i'm all footballed out for the year, i haven't even been able to sit through the playoff games, i watch a few minutes and get bored, and start to look for something else to do

if i do "watch" the SB, it will be strictly in a drinking capacity

FritzDontBlitz
01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
i just hope the bears let thomas jones go, he would look great in green and gold.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle ! :lol:
You think the 06 bears will do a shuffle? Will Urlacher be the white guy that cant rap or dance?

Zool
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle ! :lol:
You think the 06 bears will do a shuffle? Will Urlacher be the white guy that cant rap or dance?He will be whether or not they do a shuffle. I doubt they will though.

Freak Out
01-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I heard the Colts were favored by 7? I thought for sure the Bears would be favored......
BTW...fuck the Bears, I hope they get ass-raped by the Colts. Not going to happen though...

Bears - 31

Colts - 20

Tony Oday
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Go Bears!!!! I hate teh Mannings! ya teh was on purpose there they do not deserve proper spelling! The NFL is trying as hard as they can to get Manning a title with all the dont touch the QB and WR rules we now have. I hope the Bears kick the living crap out of them.

*mumbles to himslef* Never thought I would say that...

Packnut
01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
This is my worst case scenario come true. I can't stand the Mannings and of course I hate the Bears.

I was driving with the wife last week and made an innocent comment about all the little street corner Bear stands selling all that crap. I stated how I'd love to have some C4 and blow a few of them up. She tells all my relatives what I said and no one is speaking to me now. I guess that is a good thing! :lol:

Look's like I'll be renting some movies come SB Sunday.............

CaptainKickass
01-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll be a Colts fan on SB sunday.

Didn't Dungy help invent the "TAMPA 2" defense when he was in Tampa?

The Bears are schitzo when it comes to defending the pass. And I think
T-Dungy and the Colts are just the team to expose the T2 defense.

Besides, nothing would make me happier than to see the Bears loose the Superbowl.

:D

Zool
01-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Besides, nothing would make me happier than to see the Bears loose the Superbowl.

:DHe didnt invent the 2deep. Pittsburg ran it in the 70's while he was playing there. He just brought in the light superfast LB's and fast d-line man. He slimmed the whole thing down and designed it to play with a lead. He ran it in MN when he was the DC.

KYPack
01-23-2007, 10:28 AM

:DHe didnt invent the 2deep. Pittsburg ran it in the 70's while he was playing there. He just brought in the light superfast LB's and fast d-line man. He slimmed the whole thing down and designed it to play with a lead. He ran it in MN when he was the DC.

George Perlas and the Steelers didn't invent the "cover 2", either. It was really a college defense, also called brackets. The Steelers went to it because of their massive D front. They doubled both WR's and let a LBer be responsible for the deep middle. Because that guy was Jack Lambert, it worked well.

Tony Dungy added his wrinkles to the cover 2 and it became the Tampa 2. Dungy plays his safeties way over the top of the wide outs. He also plays a 5 man zone at the first level with the CB's and LB's. As was said, a plugger has to be fast to play for Tony D.

Trying to figure who "invented" anything in football gets a bit tricky. Any time you say so & so invented something, somebody will point out that Walter Camp used to do the same thing in 1910!

pacfan
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM

George Perlas and the Steelers didn't invent the "cover 2", either. It was really a college defense, also called brackets. The Steelers went to it because of their massive D front. They doubled both WR's and let a LBer be responsible for the deep middle. Because that guy was Jack Lambert, it worked well.

Tony Dungy added his wrinkles to the cover 2 and it became the Tampa 2. Dungy plays his safeties way over the top of the wide outs. He also plays a 5 man zone at the first level with the CB's and LB's. As was said, a plugger has to be fast to play for Tony D.

Trying to figure who "invented" anything in football gets a bit tricky. Any time you say so & so invented something, somebody will point out that Walter Camp used to do the same thing in 1910!

I thought Jesus invented the TB 2, only called the Pharoah 2 defense. It was created to prevent the "Hail Mary" pass. A new wrinkle to the Middle East Coast offense, considered to be revolutionary back in the day.

I know, I'm going to hell....

pacfan
01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
sorry, computer playing games with me

pacfan
01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
dbl post

pacfan
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
dbl 2 post

MJZiggy
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Evidently that was your punishment...

Freak Out
01-23-2007, 11:29 AM
A new wrinkle to the Middle East Coast offense, considered to be revolutionary back in the day.

:satan:

lol...

Zool
01-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Trying to figure who "invented" anything in football gets a bit tricky. Any time you say so & so invented something, somebody will point out that Walter Camp used to do the same thing in 1910!Agreed. Thats why I didn't say that Pitt invented it. Its all about base 4-3 but add changes and make it your own.

Joemailman
01-23-2007, 11:53 AM
All I know is Kurt Schott invented his own variation of the Cover 2 called "I thought he was your guy." :P

MadtownPacker
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
All I know is Kurt Schott invented his own variation of the Cover 2 called "I thought he was your guy." :PHAHAHAHA!!!

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I aint here to cause no trouble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle ! :lol:

Go BEARS Go !

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 09:20 PM

Go BEARS Go !

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :P

So bearman, how does it feel to LOSE DA bowl BITCH

MadtownPacker
02-04-2007, 09:29 PM
See you next season bearman.

AtownPackFan
02-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Bearman I really liked the Super Bowl Suffle the Bears fans where doing after the game.

Shuffling out of the Stadium with their tails between their legs!

MateoInMex
02-05-2007, 09:33 AM
It would be very fitting if someone could could substitute a classic Jeff Garcia soundbit and use it for Rex Grossman's performance in Superbowl 41:

"Some of my passes weren't that crisp!"

Please feel free to add the lisp, otherwise the bit doesn't do justice.

Partial
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I actually don't think Grossman played too bad. One of his picks was pretty awful, but I cannot fault him for trying to hit the homerun with Berrian how they did all year. It was crappy conditions and they knew unless they hit a homerun on one of those plays they were going to lose the game. They took a shot and it didn't pay off. I respect that, I guess. What I didn't like was Lovie's stupid grin during half the game. He looks like a jackass.

Brando19
02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I actually don't think Grossman played too bad. One of his picks was pretty awful, but I cannot fault him for trying to hit the homerun with Berrian how they did all year. It was crappy conditions and they knew unless they hit a homerun on one of those plays they were going to lose the game. They took a shot and it didn't pay off. I respect that, I guess. What I didn't like was Lovie's stupid grin during half the game. He looks like a jackass.

Super Bowls should be played in an enclosed stadium like Dallas or Minnesota or New Orleans. Those weather conditions sucked majorly.

Partial
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Super Bowls should be played in an enclosed stadium like Dallas or Minnesota or New Orleans. Those weather conditions sucked majorly.

Yep!

BlueBrewer
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM

I completely disagree, uncontrollable weather conditions are what football is all about. Playing throught the mud and the rain and the snow. Thats what makes football great, real men playing in all elements. Teams just have to rise to the occasion, and the only thing that rose was Grossman's deep balls. He could have thrown them out of a silo.

HarveyWallbangers
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
I completely disagree, uncontrollable weather conditions are what football is all about. Playing throught the mud and the rain and the snow. Thats what makes football great, real men playing in all elements. Teams just have to rise to the occasion, and the only thing that rose was Grossman's deep balls. He could have thrown them out of a silo.

Ummm... I think he was being sarcastic. Probably what Bears fan were using as an excuse for their loss.

lod01
02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I aint here to fumble and bumble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl STUMBLE ! :jig:

Go BEARS Go .....ppppffffttt!

Fixed.

Jerry Tagge
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Bearman, where are you??? You're awfully quiet like all the Bears clowns here in Chicago.

Run your mouth when they win but run and hide when they lose. Typical Bears clown.

Now get ready to be dominated by Favre again!

MadtownPacker
02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I aint here to fumble and bumble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl STUMBLE ! :jig:

Fixed.And what a stumble it was!!

After all is said and done I think the bears getting to the SB and losing was sweeter then the one and done we all had expected.

Jerry Tagge
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM

Fixed.And what a stumble it was!!

After all is said and done I think the bears getting to the SB and losing was sweeter then the one and done we all had expected.
It sure was Mad. The meltdown here in Chicago is just hilarious. I'm enjoying every second of it.

Bears clowns want Lovie fired. Let's see, you have a coach who FINALLY takes you back to a Super Bowl and you want him fired??? Who do you want to hire?? Ditka?? Singletary?? McMahon?? Fridge??

These clowns are still living in 1985.

woodbuck27
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Really, I don't give a hoot who wins.

Me neither, I'm watching for the commercials. Although, they haven't been as good in recent years. They need to bring back the "Bud Bowl," NOW THAT WAS ENTERTAINMENT!

I enjoyed the Coca Cola animated commercial with the Super Hero the best.

Oh. . . the Bud 'why do the Lady's do slow motion dancing in a bar?' commercial wasn't too bad. :)

woodbuck27
02-06-2007, 12:25 PM

I thought that Grossman did pretty good with the . . .

'Gee look at me pretending to be a QB in the Super Bowl' bit.

I mean really. Da Bears need a QB that can see over his OL.

He's too short. :)