PDA

View Full Version : Official Colts / Bears Superbowl Thread!

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Here you go B!!

Colts 34 Bears 21

Partial
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I think the Bears will win.

retailguy
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Shouldn't you have waited a few days!.....? :wink:

b bulldog
I'm favoring the Bears but I have a while to make up my mind.

Bretsky

Gosh I sure hope not

Good Weather and ideal conditions should favor the Colts

retailguy
01-21-2007, 09:27 PM

Gee, never had you pegged for a bears trolll........ :shock:

MJZiggy

Aren't you guys banning bears trolls this week? :P

b bulldog
It's still on grass and the bears ball hawking D is playing pretty well or at least they did today.

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Shouldn't you have waited a few days!.....? :wink:

Should I wait, or should I start :D

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Patriots will win the Super Bowl because Tom Brady never chokes.

Oh wait, he choked at Indy today. Never mind.

Go Colts!

]{ilr]3
01-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Atleast the Colts won and kept this Superbowl from being the lamest ever. I think all the polls i saw showed that the least wanted match up would be bears Vs Patriots.

The Dungy Vs smith adds some watchability.

retailguy
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM

Aren't you guys banning bears trolls this week? :P

that's a great idea.... Partial can hang out with them again at JSO... He's got experience. :shock: :wink:

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Brady choked?? Why is it that so many in here put every other QB down in order to make #4 seem better or whatever? Manning was better today but not by much. I think both players played well today. Oh well, you can't win them all!

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to the SB commercials. That's about all I can say.

Partial
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll convince Mad ban you all!! 8)

retailguy
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm hoping that "Wrecks" has too much partying on his mind and hearing him say "I wasn't prepared for this game, and that will NEVER happen again...." during the post game interview.

LOL

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I thought I was already banned earlier

Pacopete4
01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
neither qb was at fault of who ever lost. It was 38-34, both QBs put points on the board.. Brady's D let him down

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Brady choked?? Why is it that so many in here put every other QB down in order to make #4 seem better or whatever? Manning was better today but not by much. I think both players played well today. Oh well, you can't win them all!

I don't think he choked at all; he was solid. He did, however, miss a few very key throws via overthrow

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 09:38 PM
What was with Caldwell today? You guys see the look on his face after those misses?

Bretsky
01-21-2007, 09:40 PM
What was with Caldwell today? You guys see the look on his face after those misses?

He choked

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Agree but if your going down that road, he had two huge drops and the time they settled for a 3pointer when it was clear that pass interference occurred was huge, took 4 points off the board. You get some bounces, you lose some. I think Brady was around 66% on his completion percentage, I can live with that. manning got the job done in a shootout!

hurleyfan
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM

He had those giant "deer in the headlightS" look.. How the heck did I drop those passes?!?!

Iron Mike
01-21-2007, 09:42 PM

Speaking of commercials, how many times do you think we'll be blessed with seeing Manning's mug over the next couple weeks??? :doh:

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Exactly.

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Agree but if your going down that road, he had two huge drops and the time they settled for a 3pointer when it was clear that pass interference occurred was huge, took 4 points off the board. You get some bounces, you lose some. I think Brady was around 66% on his completion percentage, I can live with that. manning got the job done in a shootout!

61.8%

Joemailman
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
If the Bears manage to win this game, it will prove once and for all that defense is more important to winning championships than great quarterbacking. I mean, Grossman vs. Manning? :shock: :lol:

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I just need a Colts win in the Super Bowl. I don't know how I could cope with the Bears winning it all.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I just need a Colts win in the Super Bowl. I don't know how I could cope with the Bears winning it all.

hopefully you won't have that problem to deal with!

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
i'LL TALE 61.8 PERCENT hARV ANY DAY. Factor the two drops in there and the game is over and that is without the pass interference call. Harv, love your tude about Brady, are you jealous that he is known for being a big game player and your guy isn't?? Just wondering???

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2007, 10:12 PM
i'LL TALE 61.8 PERCENT hARV ANY DAY. Factor the two drops in there and the game is over and that is without the pass interference call. Harv, love your tude about Brady, are you jealous that he is known for being a big game player and your guy isn't?? Just wondering???

You don't even read my posts, do you? What have I said about Brady. That he's the best QB in the game today. That he's borderline top 10 all-time. This is where we go to verbally taunting, huh? Sorry for being correct on his throwing percentage. Thanks for pointing out the drops. If a Packer fan defends Favre the same way (Packers led the league in drops this year), you say they are Favre apologists. You're as big of a Brady apologist as those folks you call Favre apologists.

b bulldog
01-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Three championships, two sb mvp'S, it's a good thing the national guys don't share your train of thought on Brady. aS FAR AS A APOLOGIST, YOU MENTIONED THE GAFS IN THE 49ER GAME didn't you. I stated last week that the Pats won in spite of Brady so if that is an apologist give me the name. I mentioned that the drops cause those two were blatent drops, that's all. Sort of like the Yancy Thigpen drop of 94??at Lambeau.

GBRulz
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Go Harvey! Go Harvey! It's your b-day... :jig:

MJZiggy
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
It's Harvey's b-day?

J-Rok
01-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Let's hope. So far they're not too annoying. I got a few calls full of gloating, but I can live with that.

Fireworks, honking horns, and blasting music fill the streets, though.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Where was Brady throwing his last pass? I didn't see a white jersey anywhere. He just threw it up and got intercepted. What a choker.

How about Caldwell's drops? All Brady's fault. One thing I've learned from you is that you can't blame the receivers when the QB screws up. Every bad play is the QB's fault. So it's Brady's fault Caldwell dropped those passes.

Oh, and #4 never needed the refs to come up with the tuck rule to save him because he fumbled. Remember, Brady got his first SB ring because the refs gave New England the game after Brady fumbled and lost the game to Oakland!

Face it, when the Pats D can't stop the other team, Brady can't get it done. He's the most overrated QB in the last 10 years.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Tell me about it. Now they're showing the 1985 NFC Championship highlights of Wilber Marshall picking up the fumble and returning it for a TD as the snow comes down.

It's going to be a living hell these next 2 weeks. It will be sweet when the Colts win, especially since I get to payback a buddy of mine who always reminds me the Packers have lost a Super Bowl and the Bears haven't. Hopefully Peyton Manning lights up the Muppets.

esoxx
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
I hate this matchup. All the teams I wanted to win basically lost every game throughout the playoffs, although my level of dislike was about the same for Colts & Pats so I didn't really care who won the game.

Colts should win the Super Bowl though. Not taking anything away from the Bears b/c it was foolish to assume they were "one and done" again this year. AFC is much superior and having Mike Brown and Tommie Harris out will catch up them against the Colts.

esoxx
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I mentioned that the drops cause those two were blatent drops, that's all. Sort of like the Yancy Thigpen drop of 94??at Lambeau.

That was in '95. One of the best games I've ever attended.

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2007, 11:46 PM
I mentioned that the drops cause those two were blatent drops, that's all. Sort of like the Yancy Thigpen drop of 94??at Lambeau.

Wasn't that the game that Favre was leveled by Kevin Greene, came off the field spitting up blood, Pack called a timeout, and Favre came back in and threw a TD on the next play?

oregonpackfan
01-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Protocol dictates that since the Bears are representatives of the NFC-North that we Packers fans should cheer for the Bears.

As a rebellious child of the 60's, however, I will never cheer for the Bears! :)

GrnBay007
01-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Colts big favorites over Bears in Super Bowl

Associated Press
Posted: 47 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) - After rallying for a spectacular win and the AFC championship, Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts are big favorites to win the Super Bowl over the Chicago Bears.

Manning's Colts are as much 7-point favorites with most Las Vegas bookmakers after a 38-34 win over the New England Patriots on Sunday.

The Bears' dominant 39-14 victory over the New Orleans Saints for the NFC title did nothing to ease concerns about the shaky arm of Bears quarterback Rex Grossman, who completed 11 of 26 pass attempts for 144 yards and a touchdown.

"If I was a Bears fan I would worry a little bit if Grossman had to come from behind," said Jay Kornegay, the race and sports book director of the Las Vegas Hilton. "But he was fortunate that his defense caused a lot of turnovers so that he wasn't put in that position."

Chuck Esposito, assistant vice president of Harrah's Entertainment Inc.'s Caesars Palace sports book, made the Colts 6.5-point favorites, giving a nod to the Bears' defense, which had four takeaways from the Saints.

The over/under line for the Super Bowl, in Miami on Feb. 4, was set at 49 or 49.5 points, meaning book makers expect a high-scoring game and the public to root for lots of points.

"I see it as a wide open game," said John Avello, director of race and sports operations at Wynn Las Vegas. "This is one of those games where you've got to score, you've got to put points up to win the big one."

Las Vegas book makers were preparing literally hundreds of proposition bets, on everything from interceptions by the quarterbacks to how many tackles Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher will make in the biggest sports betting event of the year.

esoxx
01-22-2007, 12:00 AM

Wasn't that the game that Favre was leveled by Kevin Greene, came off the field spitting up blood, Pack called a timeout, and Favre came back in and threw a TD on the next play?

Yes it was. Most QB's would have been out of the game, he only took one play off.

It was actually on Christmas Eve 1995. The stadium was electric as the Pack closed in on their first division title since '72. I was in the south end zone, Thigpen's drop occurred in the north end zone. I saw he was wide open, the ball lofted towards him and in that moment could feel the pain of victory being snatched away. I never saw him drop it due the distance. Then a loud roar began and echoed throughout the stadium. Pure bedlam Packers win!!!

GrnBay007
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM

Yes it was. Most QB's would have been out of the game, he only took one play off.

It was actually on Christmas Eve 1995. The stadium was electric as the Pack closed in on their first division title since '72. I was in the south end zone, Thigpen's drop occurred in the north end zone. I saw he was wide open, the ball lofted towards him and in that moment could feel the pain of victory being snatched away. I never saw him drop it due the distance. Then a loud roar began and echoed throughout the stadium. Pure bedlam Packers win!!!

LOL you guys amaze me how you can remember all these details from games! Awesome!!

Hey Esoxx....has this helped improve your memory with the grocery list?? :P

esoxx
01-22-2007, 12:05 AM

LOL you guys amaze me how you can remember all these details from games! Awesome!!

Hey Esoxx....has this helped improve your memory with the grocery list?? :P

Ha, nah still struggling with that. The other day my wife sent me to the store for a gallon of milk and I came home with a loaf of bread. Go figure. I guess it's only important things I remember! :)

GrnBay007
01-22-2007, 12:08 AM
LOL!!

:cow: :cow:

Zool
01-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Well I hate to say it, but I actually want a Bears win. I'm just sick to death hearing about the AFC's dominance.

Same thing with the Cardinals last season in baseball.

BallHawk
01-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Well I hate to say it, but I actually want a Bears win. I'm just sick to death hearing about the AFC's dominance.

Same thing with the Cardinals last season in baseball.

The only difference we I hate the Bears a lot more than we hate the Cards.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Well I hate to say it, but I actually want a Bears win. I'm just sick to death hearing about the AFC's dominance.Well maybe the team 8) that turned it over to the AFC can be the one that brings it back to the NFC?

Bossman641
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Pains me to say it but I think the Bears have a better chance against the Colts than they would against the Pats. The Bears' strength, running, matches up well against the Colts' biggest weakness, ability to stop the running game. In addition, if they find a way to knock Manning around he will get happy feet, and he's not even close to the same QB when he's under pressure.

On the other hand, if the Colts can get an early lead and force the Bears to become a little one-dimensional and abandon the run, the Bears are done.

I REALLY hope the Colts CRUSH them.

My dream scenario
Colts get the ball to start and drive down the field to score an early touchdown. The Bears fail to respond and Indy scores again. The first quarter ends with Colts up 14-0 or 14-3 and the Bears have to turn to TrainRex. He lives up to his name and the Bears get smashed the rest of the way.

MarriedMan
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
My parents got married Feb 4th 1967 the day the Packers played Kansas City in SuperBowl 1. Now 40 years later my parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anversary together when the hated Bears play the Colts in SuperBowl 41. On February 5th the day after the SuperBowl my wife and I are going to celebrate our 2nd year together. We are going to have a GREAT TIME!! Mark my words!! Going to be a Dad in Aug!

motife
01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
2 players on the Colts I'd love to have :

S Bob Sanders and TE Dallas Clark.

Both made HUGE plays yesterday. Dallas Clark had 6 receptions for 137 yards yesterday, including a monster 52 yarder in the 4th quarter.

Bob Sanders knocked away the 3rd and 4 pass NE had with 3 minutes left at their 46 ahead 34-31. A first down there and NE would have won the game.

not to mention... both are... IOWA HAWKEYES!!

motife
01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
How many think the Patriots "took a dive" on the last TD by Joseph Addai, ala Mike Holmgren against the Broncos?

Addai went it untouched, except for one DB who just slapped him on the butt, made no attempt to stop him at the 2.

MJZiggy
01-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Manning to Have X-Rays on Injured Thumb

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Colts quarterback Peyton Manning was scheduled to have X-rays on his injured right thumb Monday, although Indianapolis doesn't believe it will affect his status for the Super Bowl against Chicago on Feb. 4.

Manning hit the thumb on his throwing hand on the helmet of left tackle Tarik Glenn late in the Colts' 38-34 victory over New England in the AFC championship Sunday night.

Coach Tony Dungy said the thumb was discolored after the game and that Manning was hurting.

"But from everything I hear, it's going to be OK," Dungy said.

Manning ranks second on the NFL's consecutive starts list, behind Brett Favre. He has started 156 consecutive games, including playoffs, in his nine-year career.

In fact, Manning has only missed one play because of injury _ in a 2001 game against Miami.

Dolphins defensive end Lorenzo Bromell hit Manning with his helmet under the chin strap, fracturing Manning's jaw and drawing blood. Backup Mark Rypien replaced Manning, botched the handoff on the ensuing play and the Dolphins returned the fumble for a touchdown. Bromell was later fined $15,500 for the helmet-to-helmet hit.

Manning's backup now is Jim Sorgi, a third-year player out of Wisconsin.

On Monday, Dungy was more concerned about cornerback Nick Harper's sprained left ankle than Manning's injury.

Harper left during the first half of the AFC championship game and didn't return. Dungy said he was uncertain whether it was a high ankle sprain or a basketball-variety sprain he sustained by rolling the ankle. If it's a high ankle sprain, it could take four to six weeks to recover.

Tight end Ben Utecht also sprained his right knee in the game, but returned. Dungy sounded optimistic that Utecht would play against the Bears.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
How many think the Patriots "took a dive" on the last TD by Joseph Addai, ala Mike Holmgren against the Broncos?

Addai went it untouched, except for one DB who just slapped him on the butt, made no attempt to stop him at the 2.I just saw the reply on NFLN.

They did let them score.

KYPack
01-23-2007, 10:42 AM
2 players on the Colts I'd love to have :

S Bob Sanders and TE Dallas Clark.

Both made HUGE plays yesterday. Dallas Clark had 6 receptions for 137 yards yesterday, including a monster 52 yarder in the 4th quarter.

Bob Sanders knocked away the 3rd and 4 pass NE had with 3 minutes left at their 46 ahead 34-31. A first down there and NE would have won the game.

not to mention... both are... IOWA HAWKEYES!!

Ya might have something there.

After the touch, they showed Teddy Bruschi on the bench. He was real animated and pissed, motioning and talking to Vrabel. I couldn't figure out why he was so pissed at a play he wasn't even involved in.

Maybe they told him to lay down and it bugged a warrior like him.

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
My parents got married Feb 4th 1967 the day the Packers played Kansas City in SuperBowl 1. Now 40 years later my parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anversary together when the hated Bears play the Colts in SuperBowl 41. On February 5th the day after the SuperBowl my wife and I are going to celebrate our 2nd year together. We are going to have a GREAT TIME!! Mark my words!! Going to be a Dad in Aug!

My birthday is on Feb 4th. I appear to be getting younger every year.

Iron Mike
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
This is pretty damned hilarious, but it's NSFW:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/hi-im-peyton-manning-and-you-can-go-f.html

Little Whiskey
01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
of all the possible matchups this is the only one i didn't want. I'm have no rooting interest in the game. I cannot, as a pack fan, root for the Bears, and i cannot, since i hate Manning, root for the colts. Guess i just hope for good commercials.

MJZiggy
01-24-2007, 05:14 PM
LW, I'm rooting for Dungy. Plain and simple. HE'S the one that deserves this win and I'd love to see him get it Manning or no Manning.

Jerry Tagge
01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Bowl I was played on Sunday, January 15, 1967.

http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps/game/sbi

AtlPackFan
01-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Agreed.

I will be root, root, rooting for the Colts but I think the Bears win this game. I can't believe the Colts are favored by....what??? 7??? That's crazy.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong. Go Colts.

Little Whiskey
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
LW, I'm rooting for Dungy. Plain and simple. HE'S the one that deserves this win and I'd love to see him get it Manning or no Manning.

sorry zig, I cannot root for dungy BECAUSE of manning. even if manning sits out, i still cannot root for them.

BooHoo
01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I am not a big Manning fan either. Looks like I will watch the game without picking sides. Someone mentioned commercials!

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Uhhhh. Bump!

MasonCrosby
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i want manning to finally get his so we can put this whole issue to rest.

plus i hate the bears with an undying passion. i thoroughly rip the bears a new one everytime i find a bears fan.

BobDobbs
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, my first thought was "I can't cheer for Peyton Manning he's going to be in the game and in every focking commercial. He's probably going to sneak onstage while Prince is playing waving around a Pringles can. Doesn't he have enough money does he have to spend his whole offseason shilling whatever crap he can get paid to sell. Is he a car salesman or an NFL quarterback?"

Then I calmed down.

I remembered growing up in the 80s and watching to Bears do their best to destroy my childhood. No I can't root for the Bears. I actually do enjoy watching their Defense play, but I'll enjoy it more when Manning is throwing short passes to draw in the linebackers and then carving up the safeties with deep passes and fly routes to Dallas Clark.

No, my dislike for one unfortunate man cannot overcome a rivalry that stretches past my lifetime.

GO COLTS

Scott Campbell
02-03-2007, 06:14 PM
If it was the Taliban vs. the Bears - I'd be rooting for the Taliban.

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
That would be a tough choice Scott :roll:

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 11:05 AM
That would be a tough choice Scott :roll:

True, the turban isn't much of a substitute for my trusty cheesehead. And cheerleaders wearing the hijab don't do much for me. But the jihad fight song sure get's the blood boiling when you need a long bomb to pull out the W.

Silly, ok, yeah. But I really do hate the Bears.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2007, 12:22 PM
when Manning is throwing short passes to draw in the linebackers and then carving up the safeties with deep passes and fly routes to Dallas Clark
This is exactly what I see happening as well!

Sorry folks but if I have to pick between Manning or grossgirl having as many Super Bowl rings as Favre I will take the lesser of two evils.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
the jihad fight song sure get's the blood boiling when you need a long bomb to pull out the W.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You crazy SOB!!

KYPack
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
when Manning is throwing short passes to draw in the linebackers and then carving up the safeties with deep passes and fly routes to Dallas Clark
This is exactly what I see happening as well!

Sorry folks but if I have to pick between Manning or grossgirl having as many Super Bowl rings as Favre I will take the lesser of two evils.

IZZis great or what?

They let Mad outta jail just in time for the Super Bowl!

esoxx
02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
F*CK THE BEARS!!!!

(now back to regularly scheduled programming)

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I hope Dungy leads the Colts to a win but I'd lay the money on the Bears winning outright.

esoxx
02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I think Hester is the X factor in today's game. His returns will be the difference in keeping the Bears in the game.

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
The X factor in my opinion is how Tait does against Freeney and how the bears running game does. Obviously, the ultimate factor is turnovers but that's no fun.

Bossman641
02-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I cannot state how much I hate the Bears.

I hate them. I hate their fans who act like the Bears have been the shit for the last decade. I hate how they jump on or off the bandwagon more than any franchise I've seen. I hate how Bears fans have been bringing up 1985 for the past 20 years but now that they are in the SB they don't want to talk about the past 10-12 years. I hate being surrounded by all these know -nothing Bears fans.

Last night I was out at the bar. The 2 last songs they played were the Super Bowl Shuffle and Bear Down. I had my middle finger in the sky the whole time. Made a lot of friends.

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 02:45 PM
yOU SOUND LIKE A GUY i'D LOVE TO HAVE a drink with.

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Stevie Nicks is awesome, love this song !

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 02:53 PM
yOU MUST LIKE fLEETWOOD mAC?

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 02:56 PM
i do! Except I wasn't a big fan of Lindsey Buckingham's solo effort

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM

I hate them. I hate their fans who act like the Bears have been the shit for the last decade. I hate how they jump on or off the bandwagon more than any franchise I've seen. I hate how Bears fans have been bringing up 1985 for the past 20 years but now that they are in the SB they don't want to talk about the past 10-12 years. I hate being surrounded by all these know -nothing Bears fans.

Last night I was out at the bar. The 2 last songs they played were the Super Bowl Shuffle and Bear Down. I had my middle finger in the sky the whole time. Made a lot of friends.

I think I speak for most of us at PackerRats when I say - well done.

I propose we devise a special Rat type status for those members of our fraternity who do things to Bear fans. Sorta like what Ohio State does with their helmet stickers, though we can't promote or condone anything illegal.

Example:

Getting your rottweiler to poop on George Halas's grave - 1 sticker.
Paying off the Soldier field scoreboard operator to run the "Just Say No" drug ad right after some doofus proposes to his girlfriend at halftime - 2 stickers
Etc., etc., etc.

Rastak
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM

I think I speak for most of us at PackerRats when I say - well done.

I propose we devise a special Rat type status for those members of our fraternity who do things to Bear fans. Sorta like what Ohio State does with their helmet stickers, though we can't promote or condone anything illegal.

Example:

Getting your rottweiler to poop on George Halas's grave - 1 sticker.
Paying off the Soldier field scoreboard operator to run the "Just Say No" drug ad right after some doofus proposes to his girlfriend at halftime - 2 stickers
Etc., etc., etc.

Tagge would look like Archie Griffin......

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow, hopefully it's like the O St, Florida game

Fosco33
02-04-2007, 05:29 PM
WOW :shock:

That was quick!

Felt like Howard for GB...

Charles Woodson
Wow, hopefully it's like the O St, Florida game

lets hope soo

b bulldog
Weather definitely favors the Bears

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
So if teams knew how good Hester would be... Where do you think he would have been drafted?

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Not looking good

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Not looking good

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Not looking good
be patient we still got 3 and a half quarters to go

Lurker64
02-04-2007, 06:05 PM
My word this is a sloppy game, what is this the fourth turnover of the game?

wist43
02-04-2007, 06:10 PM
The only chance Chicago had was if it rained, and rained hard...

It's raining hard, so they have a chance...

Too bad.

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 06:13 PM
no worries, Grossy is due for a pick

red
02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
these commercials suck

i can't get a damn job in the ad world, and the assholes in the business ran out of good ideas a few years back

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 06:36 PM
http://d.theroyalyoungs.com/oldshit/diva/champ%20kind-thumb.jpg

WHAMMY!!!!!!!

Lurker64
02-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Six total turnovers. We're probably going to beat some sort of record here.

red
02-04-2007, 06:55 PM
this games a mess

wist43
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
The rain is making it a game...

If not for the rain, the Colts blow em out.

mmmdk
02-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Six total turnovers. We're probably going to beat some sort of record here.

The record is 11 turnovers...actually in Colts SB win.

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
WTF? :shock:

gbgary
02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
i forgot how good a guitar player prince was. 8)

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I forgot how bad an announcer Phil Simms is.

gbgary
02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I forgot how bad an announcer Phil Simms is.

lol

GrnBay007
02-04-2007, 07:18 PM

yep.

hey, no costume malfunctions this year. :P

Terry
02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
You know, with all the incredible hype, with an estimated 700 million viewers worldwide (I wonder!), with all the showbiz rigamarole, with about 50 people going out to the middle of the field for the friggin' coin toss... wouldn't you think they could find someone who could sing the national anthem on key and in tune?

Oh yeah, and while I'm on it all, it still pains me, even now, to see Hillenmeyer play for that team. Or, rather, not to be on our team.

Still, quite an interesting game - I am enjoying it. It's still anybody's game out there!

And, yeah, Prince is an extraordinarily talented performer.

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 07:21 PM

yep.

hey, no costume malfunctions this year. :P

007 throws brick through TV in fit of frustration.

red
02-04-2007, 07:21 PM

yeah, the guys not bad

when i heard he would do the show i thought it was an odd choice

but i think he did a good job, wish he would have played more of watchtower though

gbgary
02-04-2007, 07:30 PM

yeah, the guys not bad

wish he would have played more of watchtower though

you got that right. i'm a huge jimi fan and even bigger stevie ray vaughan fan. stevie was the last, true practitioner of jimi. it would be cool to here prince put his spin on jimi.

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
rEX WILL NOW HAVE TO START MAKING plays

The Shadow
02-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Love that Grossman!

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Bulldog,

Are those the kind of plays you meant? :D

The Shadow
02-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I want to know who the men in the shadows are.

Why, it's me, of course!

GrnBay007
02-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Bulldog,

Are those the kind of plays you meant? :D

lol looks like he was flung about 5 feet.

superfan
02-04-2007, 07:58 PM
That was a flagrant roughing on that kick. I would have taken the ball with first down.

And harvey wallbangers and I both think Manning is a major wuss for not trying to go after that fumble earlier...

RashanGary
02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Manning has been very patient tonight. He is the best QB in the game.

I'm a really big believer in time of possession and fatigue on the defensive side of the ball and I think the Colts have this game in their grasps. I felt the same way in the NE game. They are a machine on offense and pretty tough on defnese.

RashanGary
02-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I agree w/ the roughing the kick thing gb.

Also, on a side note; this camera crew has been incredible. The way they have shown the ultimate shots and close ups and all of that. This has been a very well done game.

superfan
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Agreed, except for the 12 man on the field challenge. The camera work on the harrison catch was incredible...

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Why does Simms feel as if has to talk EVERY frickin second!!

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Because he likes to hear himself talk!

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Damn, wish he would cut the yakking, at least in half

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Bears got away with a late hit on Manning last play......

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
That's coming back!

RashanGary
02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Damn, that harrison injury looked an awfull lot like Jennings. Not too serious be enough where he won't be back.

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:22 PM
What an awful "chuck"!

Jimx29
That's why we love wrex :D

Iron Mike
Sex Cannon got caught unleashing the dragon!!!! :P

superfan
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Harvey wallbangers called the INT return for a TD right before it happened. Gotta give him props for that...

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
And lets hope thats the game

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:25 PM

That could do it!

Rastak
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Harvey wallbangers called the INT return for a TD right before it happened. Gotta give him props for that...

Indeed......props to Harv.....looks like the Colts got this baby.....

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM

That could do it!

That could help too

Jimx29
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
That's why we love wrex :DI repeat myself....:lol:

red
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
rex grossman is single handedly losing the game for the bears

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 08:32 PM
That was a really nice play by sanders

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Does Griese get a shot?

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
So who do you guys give the MVP to?

superfan
02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
So assuming the colts win, who gets mvp? My guess is manning, although he hasn't been dominant.

motife
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
just switched over to the Chicago radio broadcast.

i only watch the bears when they lose. then i go through the tivo frame by frame, and listen to all the radio broadcasts after.

nobody whines better than bears fans.

wait until tomorrow on WSCR.

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm with you guys. Sims used to do a pretty nice job when he first broke in, but he's way too full of himself. He's embarrassing himself.

hurleyfan
02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
What's with all the pushing and shoveing the last few series? There's no "history" between these teams??

billy_oliver880
02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
So assuming the colts win, who gets mvp? My guess is manning, although he hasn't been dominant.

Addai has 10 catches and 60 some yards rushing. He has been invaluable in the pass game due to having to throw underneath alot.

red
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
nobody whines better than bears fans.

i don't know

peyton seems to whine and throw a fit like a little bitch everytime something doesn't go his way

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 08:40 PM

http://images.nfl.com/photos/news/img9111619.jpg

Favorite. Bear. Ever.

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 08:40 PM
They've got 160 rushing split almost equally between Rhodes and Addei. It's too bad they can't give it to their line. Or their entire D, who have only given up 10 pts.

red
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Addai has 10 catches and 60 some yards rushing. He has been invaluable in the pass game due to having to throw underneath alot.

i thought he's get the MVP at halftime, but rhodes has done most of the work in the second half

theres not really one guy for the colts standing out, their just playing good ball as a team

can they give grossman the MVP for the colts

hurleyfan

http://images.nfl.com/photos/news/img9111619.jpg

Favorite. Bear. Ever. :) :) :) :)

Scott Campbell
What's with all the pushing and shoveing the last few series? There's no "history" between these teams??

Everyone in the NFL despises the Bears?

billy_oliver880
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM

i thought he's get the MVP at halftime, but rhodes has done most of the work in the second half

theres not really one guy for the colts standing out, their just playing good ball as a team

can they give grossman the MVP for the colts

Colts o-line?

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Wonder what Rexy's excuse will be this time? hungover?

motife
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
MVP's gotta be Peyton Manning. 247 yards in a monsoon.

Joseph Addai and Dominick Rhodes both are close to 100 yards.

Thomas Jones has over 100 yards.

billy_oliver880
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am curious what he has to say.

motife
they need 2 TD's. hard to get them nickel and diming with 5 minutes left.

GBRulz
If a mod comes on, there is a spammer...btw. Some weird ass name that just registered and posted in a couple of places

Lurker64

He was distracted because "Hey, sunday's the superbowl."

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
no smirk on Lovie's face today!! :lol:

red
02-04-2007, 08:45 PM

maybe he'll admit that he's just too dumb

sad thing for the bears is i think they really could have won this if it wasn't for him. their d played good enough, and jones did his part. grossman had ok protection. he just had 4 turnovers and couldn't convert on 3rds

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 08:46 PM

He was distracted because "Hey, sunday's the superbowl."

Ha...yeah, or that perhaps he's thinking about that this is possibly the last game that he is a starting QB!

superfan
If it was me, I'd give the mvp to addai, who looks like the best player out there. But rhodes vultured the td.

If I was betting, I would say manning.

motife
http://www.todito.com/imagenes/deportes/galeria/g93i8.jpg

red
02-04-2007, 08:48 PM
If it was me, I'd give the mvp to addai, who looks like the best player out there. But rhodes vultured the td.

If I was betting, I would say manning.

maybe the guy that had the pick and returned it for the TD? hayden

that was a huge play, and the backbreaker IMO

motife
02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
http://x6f.xanga.com/d33d321465d30104911437/z74145627.jpg

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
And thats the game

red
02-04-2007, 08:59 PM
DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD

WHICH OLD WITCH?

THE WICKED WITCH

DING DONG, THE WICKED WITCH IS DEEEEEEEAD!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:00 PM
BEAR DOWN WACKER CLOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

The Shadow
02-04-2007, 09:01 PM
The Fecal Matter of the Midway falls AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
no smirk on Lovie's face today!! :lol:

Don't you mean "Two time Super Bowl Loser" Lovie??? :wink:

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
aww, where are our beloved Bear trolls ?

motife
02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Here's Doug Buffone and Ed Obradovich's postgame analysis on WSCR :

http://static.intertechmedia.com/wscr/listenlive.jpg

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
http://greensoda.com/denied.jpg

Lurker64
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
It's not "one and done", or "two and through", but it's at least "three and out."

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Think Jerry Tagge is out dancing in the streets right now?? hehe...

three and out...hey, whatever works, right? :lol:

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Boy, are they ripping them! Especially, GROSS-man.

To quote.."they gave us a buttkicking".

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
well idk i dont think peyton deserves it but whatever.

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think Manning deserved MVP.

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
MVP should have gone to entire Colts Offensive Line.

billy_oliver880
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
O-line deserves the mvp...but thats just me talking. :D

FritzDontBlitz
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
colts rb joseph addai should be game mvp.

RashanGary
02-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Not to get all sentimental here but it's alot of fun to see how happy and team focused everyone is after a championship. That's pretty special.

red
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
sean salsbury is trying to say it wasn't all grossmans fault, a lot of it was the colts d, and the big problem was the bears d not getting off the field

so it wasn't grossman fault that 2 snaps went threw his hands, and he threw 2 late balls up for grabs. and it was the bears d fault for being on the field too long, not rex "three and out" grossman

i heard one guy say, it wasn't grossmans fault because he didn't have a chance, the bears offence only ran like 12 plays in the first half, he didn't get a chance to do anything. well, wasn't it his f'ing fault they only had a handful of plays?

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Listening to these 2 Bear-clowns contradict themselves.

"This team wasn't that much better than us..." then they follow it up with "They kicked our ass."

motife
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Listening to these 2 Bear-clowns contradict themselves.

"This team wasn't that much better than us..." then they follow it up with "They kicked our ass."

I didn't give a good link ;

http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/SOLON/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=670thescore&UseSame=true&type=IE

Post game analysis with Doug and "OB" is always the same.

OB gets VERY angry and blasts everybody (today it's the D-Line giving up 191 yards, and the O-Line not taking advantage of the Colts. Also, OB has HAD IT with Grossman. They should have put Greise in!!)

OB gets the normally affable and very funny Doug Buffone all lathered up too. Although Doug usually is just OB's amen choir.

packers11
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks I was just going to post that it doesnt work :D

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Salsbury is a dink

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Salsbury is a dink

Did he take photos of himself with his cellphone camera again!! :lol:

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Think Jerry Tagge is out dancing in the streets right now?? hehe...

He's over at JSO bumping every troll thread he can find!!!! :P

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 09:38 PM
The Bears were just bad overall. After the opening kickoff, this game was pretty much a rout. If the weather had been better, Colts might have put up 40+ points. This game did not have a Super Bowl type feel to me, rather poorly played.

packers11
02-04-2007, 09:40 PM
holy crap they are yelling so much on the radio... It wasn't even this bad in New England when the Pats lost to the colts...

motife
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
holy crap they are yelling so much on the radio... It wasn't even this bad in New England when the Pats lost to the colts...

I love it!

I'd much rather listen to Chicago radio after a Bears loss than Green Bay radio after a Packer win.

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:48 PM

I love it!

I'd much rather listen to Chicago radio after a Bears loss than Green Bay radio after a Packer win.

Hey, just heard a Packer troll talking smack on Buffone and OB..."the only thing left for Bear fans to do is go a couple hundred miles north and be Packer fans..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Their witty reply, "Ahh, you guys will be lucky to win 8 games next year plus we'll kick you ass."

It's so great listening these guys get so apopletic.

packers11
02-04-2007, 09:50 PM
that was hilarious... the guy on the radio absolutely flipped out...

motife
02-04-2007, 09:50 PM

I love it!

Hey, just heard a Packer troll talking smack on Buffone and OB..."the only thing left for Bear fans to do is go a couple hundred miles north and be Packer fans..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug said, "You guys only finished 8 and 8 and you were lucky to finish 8 and 8. We're not going to become Packer fans, forget it!"

packers11
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM
by the way, can someone give me a link to packer radio... It would be nice to hear something from GB instead of NE...

motife
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
by the way, can someone give me a link to packer radio... It would be nice to hear something from GB instead of NE...

WTMJ generally only talks sports in the post game show. It's news radio otherwise.

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4cust/JBG/audio_player.php?id=WTMJ

packers11
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM

WTMJ generally only talks sports in the post game show. It's news radio otherwise.

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4cust/JBG/audio_player.php?id=WTMJ

thanks... :)

]{ilr]3
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
sean salsbury is trying to say it wasn't all grossmans fault, a lot of it was the colts d, and the big problem was the bears d not getting off the field

so it wasn't grossman fault that 2 snaps went threw his hands, and he threw 2 late balls up for grabs. and it was the bears d fault for being on the field too long, not rex "three and out" grossman

i heard one guy say, it wasn't grossmans fault because he didn't have a chance, the bears offence only ran like 12 plays in the first half, he didn't get a chance to do anything. well, wasn't it his f'ing fault they only had a handful of plays?

Wasnt Salsbury the idiot who said if Hester scores a Kick off TD then the Bears are sure to win?

red
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
{ilr]3]

Wasnt Salsbury the idiot who said if Hester scores a Kick off TD then the Bears are sure to win?

yeah, thats him

the guys a walking sack of shit, and almost as smart as one

MJZiggy
02-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Wonder if it's possible to give a game MVP to Dungy...Probably not, but he's who I'd have voted for. Class through and through.

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Wonder if it's possible to give a game MVP to Dungy...Probably not, but he's who I'd have voted for. Class through and through.

Yup, agreed. Especially with what his poor family had to go through this past year.

The Shadow
02-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Listening to the Chicago-based sports talk station The Score is the delightful treat I knew it would be tonight.
I got to enjoy Doug Buffone & Ed O'Bradovich working themselves up into a frenzy of frustration, then savored the usual smorgasbord of hysterical Bear's fans screaming for the heads of :
a. Lovie
b. Turner
c. Rivera
d. Grossman
e. the defensive line
f. the offensive line

Oh, what fun!!!!!!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
02-04-2007, 10:42 PM
It was a suck ass game. At the end, 20 seconds after the players had wandered out onto the field, the TV announcer (Nancy) remembered that it was an exciting moment and shouted out "the Colts win!!"

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Listening to the Chicago-based sports talk station The Score is the delightful treat I knew it would be tonight.
I got to enjoy Doug Buffone & Ed O'Bradovich working themselves up into a frenzy of frustration, then savored the usual smorgasbord of hysterical Bear's fans screaming for the heads of :
a. Lovie
b. Turner
c. Rivera
d. Grossman
e. the defensive line
f. the offensive line

Oh, what fun!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what's funnier - listening to OB and Buffone get bent out of shape or listening to the idiots on KFAN after we smoked the Vikes at the Twinkie Dome!

GBRulz
02-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I didn't watch too long after the game ended, but did anyone else notice that it seemed like Manning was kind of a loner? I mean I saw him hug Dungy and I think Dallas Clark, but he didn't seem to be all excited and celebrating with his teammates. If that were Favre, he would be jumping and hugging everyone.

I just wonder how much Manning is really liked by his teammates. I know during a game not too long ago, he got sacked and his OL just kinda walked past him and didn't even help him up.

Just something I've noticed....

swede
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a lot of respect for old man Manning. His sons were gifted with lots of natural talent. But Payton Manning grew up wealthy and privileged and he acts that way. Remember the guys on your teams growing up that were really good but they cried whenever they got pushed down during a game. Manning.

I don't think his teammates hate him. But they don't like him much, either.
He throws blame almost as well as he throws a football.

Going into the game I wasn't really excited because I like Manning so little.

During the game I realized how much fun it is to see the Bears embarrass themselves. Sorry, Rastak, but I realize now that I do hate the Bears worse than the Vikings. It's good to know something that clearly. It makes the world seem right.

Can MP3 files be posted here? I'd like to see somebody photoshop the Burger King dude onto the shot of KGB cornholing Train Wrex with The Bears Still Suck playing in the background.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Watching that game yesterday reminded why I love Favre so much. Their was no emotion at all from either team. The colts went out and won the super bowl and they all were just like - yes we did it. In the morning I saw Rigge Wayne in a interview and he didn't even seem to care that much. GBM(rulz) is right when she said if that were Favre he would have jumping up and down; Driver, Green, Harris, everyone, would have been so much more excited then either team playing yesterday. To be honest the reason I frist started to love the packers over 10 years ago was because of Favre and the way he plays (present tense) with emotion.

That superbowl to me was in different then watching a game week 1 of the season. It's only right that Brett gets to retire winning a superbowl and I hope we make some big moves this off-season to make that a possiblity.

AtownPackFan
02-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Living in Indiana, I have followed the Colts since they moved here. While I don't plan my schedule around Colts Games or even remember to TiVo their games, I wanted them to win the Super Bowl.

With that said, I remember thinking after the game that I seemed more excited about the win then the Players did and I was ready to go to bed without celebrating.

There is something to be said about acting like you have been there before when you score a touchdown, but come on, they just won the Super Bowl and they didn't seem to show all that much excitement about it. Looked more like they couldn't wait to get in out of the rain.

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Could you imagine being Eli?? he will never come close to doing what Peyton has accomplished.