PDA

View Full Version : Vick to Oakland Rumor...

packers11
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/01/22/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).
-- foxsports.com

What the hell are the Raiders smoking???

ND72
01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I donno about the WR's being sent, but Vick and #10 for the #1...If i'm Atl, i'm on that....if I'm oakland, I'm even on that as well.

Zool
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
This seems ridiculous. The Falcons would have 4 first round WR's on the team? Unless they are trying to move at least 2 of them after the trade, I cant see it happening. $20mil per season tied up in 4 WR's doesn't seem rational.

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 02:47 PM
if im the raiders i take randy moss out and add something else in... yes mexico is okay but who the hell is he going to throw to without moss

Partial
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
This blows my mind. I expected Vick to be offered for a 4th.

red
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
vicks salary is just insane for the next decade or so. and i can't see him redoing his contract to make a lot less money

so any team taking him is taking on a monster cap hit for a guy thats pretty much uncoachable, and in no way a real QB

it seems like atl would have to give up a 1st rounder to the team willing to take him

not to mention if they trade him they take a 20 some million dollar cap hit next season. how can you take on a 20 million dollar cap hit, AND randy moss's salary. thats almost 30 million right there for next season, i don't think they have that

motife
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Mike Florio of PFT maintains that if Vick returns in 2007, it will be at Running Back not Quarterback. The Falcons are not going through another season with Vick playing QB.

red
01-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Mike Florio of PFT maintains that if Vick returns in 2007, it will be at Running Back not Quarterback. The Falcons are not going through another season with Vick playing QB.

i think he's joking, or just being an asshole, like usual

he calls him a running back, because thats all the guy can really do well

Freak Out
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Vick needs a change in scenery for sure....but the $$$ involved is just crazy. Oakland would be perfect for him if Granny can work something out but you would want to keep a guy like Moss as well. He needs someone who can go out and get the ball when he chucks it up. Vick is one hell of a weapon when he is used the right way but the thing that has always bothered me is how he handles the ball so carelessly. Hold onto the damn ball!

b bulldog
01-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Swap the picks and give the Raiders Vick

digitaldean
01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
WTF is going on in Oakland?

They can't even get a COLLEGE ASSISTANT to accept their head coaching job. Now their talking about trying to trade for Michael Vick?

Wow! They must really be delusional at Raider Central.

If Al Davis wants to trade the farm for a hybrid QB, the Falcons should start Schaub, pack Vick's bags and welcome their new WR duo.

Partial
01-22-2007, 08:26 PM
WTF is going on in Oakland?

They can't even get a COLLEGE ASSISTANT to accept their head coaching job. Now their talking about trying to trade for Michael Vick?

If Al Davis wants to trade the farm for a hybrid QB, the Falcons should start Schaub, pack Vick's bags and welcome their new WR duo.

That running game + Calvin Johnson/Adrian Peterson + Moss, Porter, Crumpler = extremely potent offense.

b bulldog
01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
A total win for Atlanta if this goes down. Shaub is already better than Vick and I'd grab CJ with the first overall and Bush in round two.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
You dont even know the half of it.

Living in a raider saturated area I will give them credit for one thing, they dont give up hope. They always sell out and they sell alot of merchandise but the fans blindly swear every year is a SuperBowl season. I know us Packer backers always have high hopes but the raider nation is just insane. Low class, battery throwing fans who show zero respect for anything. I cant even go see a game cuz I know for sure I will get into a fight.

I hope they do get Ron Mexico, they hype will be over the top and watching them crumble will put a smile on my face like always.

Partial
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM
A total win for Atlanta if this goes down. Shaub is already better than Vick and I'd grab CJ with the first overall and Bush in round two.

Why would you grab Bush? They need defensive help, especially in the secondary. They led the league in rushing. With the new receivers, they wouldn't need to rely on that so much.

Partial
01-22-2007, 09:46 PM
You dont even know the half of it.

Living in a raider saturated area I will give them credit for one thing, they dont give up hope. They always sell out and they sell alot of merchandise but the fans blindly swear every year is a SuperBowl season. I know us Packer backers always have high hopes but the raider nation is just insane. Low class, battery throwing fans who show zero respect for anything. I cant even go see a game cuz I know for sure I will get into a fight.

I hope they do get Ron Mexico, they hype will be over the top and watching them crumble will put a smile on my face like always.

HELLO!?!?? Amigo, didn't you see any given sunday?!?!>!>$1

Michael Vick = Jamie Foxx.

JUST WIN BABY!!!

BallHawk
01-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Speaking of Vick, anybody see the skit about his "water bottle" on SNL? Not extremely funny, but still fairly funny.

Here's the link for those who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtVnqZCndo

gbgary
01-22-2007, 10:15 PM
if coaching for al davis isn't bad enough, having the "coach killer" michael vick as the qb there is pure professional suicide for Lane Kiffin the new coach (whoever he is).

red
01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
floria over at PFT.com just ripped me off

yesterday, i said this

vicks salary is just insane for the next decade or so. and i can't see him redoing his contract to make a lot less money

so any team taking him is taking on a monster cap hit for a guy thats pretty much uncoachable, and in no way a real QB

it seems like atl would have to give up a 1st rounder to the team willing to take him

not to mention if they trade him they take a 20 some million dollar cap hit next season. how can you take on a 20 million dollar cap hit, AND randy moss's salary. thats almost 30 million right there for next season, i don't think they have that

today he says this

RUMORED VICK-TO-RAIDERS DEAL MAKES NO SENSE

Though we've never met a rumor we didn't want to monger, we are having a hard time accepting the notion that the Raiders would trade receiver Jerry Porter, receiver Randy Moss, and the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft to the Falcons for running back Michael Vick and the No. 10 overall pick in the draft.

Sure, the Raiders would be the most likely destination for Vick because, well, no one else would want him. But the salary cap charge that the Falcons would take by trading Vick before June 1 would be $22.25 million. Factoring in the $6 million salary that the team wouldn't have to pay, the net cap hit would be $16.25 million.

That's more than 10 percent of the team's total cap space for 2007.

On top of this, the Falcons would have to absorb $1 million in 2007 salary for Porter, $9.75 million in salary for Moss, and the burden of coughing up $25 million or so to the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

And the Raiders would be assuming a contract for Vick that, frankly, pays out more in salary that he objectively deserves. Specifically, Vick is due to receive $6 million in 2007, $7.5 million in 2008, $9 million in 2009, $10.5 million in 2010, $12 million in 2011, $12.5 million in 2012, and $13.5 million in 2013. Surely, the Raiders would be interested in re-working the contract, and we doubt that Vick would be willing to do so.

So we think Vick will get another year, at least, in Atlanta. If he is going to be traded or cut, it'll happen in 2008, at the earliest.

HA, who's insane now??????????

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Vick is a liability and highly overpaid. Atlanta would be good to move him.

Kiwon
01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Vick could move some serious dope if he went to the west coast. Forget the water bottles with trick labels. He could get a yacht with hidden compartments for Baja runs. Ron Mexico rides again!

BallHawk
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Vick could move some serious dope if he went to the west coast. Forget the water bottles with trick labels. He could get a yacht with hidden compartments for Baja runs. Ron Mexico rides again!

Doesn't Mad sell those?

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Why would Oakland offer up so much for this guy? (of course if the story is true)

Pacopete4
01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
cuz oakland is the most horrid franchise in any sports.. and will do anything to put butts in the seats

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Yep, I forgot about the butts in seat strategy.

MJZiggy
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I thought they already had butts in their seats...somehow that just sounds wrong. :oops:

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Okay, I get the joke.

I still wouldn't bring Vick to Oakland.

Fritz
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't trade for Michael Vick if Ingle Martin was my starting QB.

MJZiggy
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Careful, there, Fritz...there's a chance that could happen. :shock:

BooHoo
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't trade for Michael Vick if Ingle Martin was my starting QB.

I think Fritz is right.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Falcons: Vick is our starter, not on trading block

ATLANTA -- Michael Vick will not be traded and will be the Atlanta Falcons' starting quarterback in 2007, the team's ownership said Tuesday.

"There are no plans to trade him or cut him," Kim Shreckengost, executive vice president of operations for Arthur M. Blank Group, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Michael is our quarterback and the leader of our team. We have a new head coach who is anxious to start working with him. Everyone has high expectations of him going into next season. Michael has those too."

Vick came under scrutiny when on Jan. 17, he attempted to bring a water bottle through airport security in Miami. Lab tests on the bottle, which contained a hidden compartment that police suspected may have contained marijuana, later found no evidence of drugs.

Vick was never arrested or charged. but the incident was not well-received in Atlanta, where earlier this season he was fined for making an obscene gesture at fans after a home loss to the New Orleans Saints. In that instance, Vick apologized, paid a $10,000 fine and donated another $10,000 to charity.

After the airport incident, Vick sat down with Blank, new coach Bobby Petrino and general manager Rich McKay. McKay described Blank as being "upset" with the quarterback at the meeting and said Vick was told future incidents would not be tolerated.

While the team is committed to Vick as starter, there are financial reasons for keeping him as well. The Journal-Constitution reported that if the Falcons were to trade or cut Vick, they would take a hit of roughly $23 million against the $109 salary cap in 2007, probably forcing additional roster cuts and limiting the team's efforts to sign free agents and draft picks.

In 74 career NFL games, Vick has completed 930 of 1,730 passes for 11,505 yards and 71 touchdowns with 52 interceptions. He had career bests of 20 touchdown passes and 1,039 yards rushing in 2006.