PDA

View Full Version : Blue Monday

MJZiggy
01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Well this explains a lot...

LONDON -- If you find yourself feeling a little depressed today, chances are you're not alone.

London's "Daily Mail" reports Monday is "Blue Monday" -- the most miserable day of the year.

Experts say unpaid Christmas bills, nasty weather and failed New Year's resolutions combine to make Jan. 22 the gloomiest day on the calendar.

Cardiff University psychologist Dr. Cliff Arnall has devised a formula that shows Jan. 22 to be the most depressing day of the year.

His equation takes into account six factors -- weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing at New Year's resolutions, low motivation levels and the feeling of a need to take action.

oregonpackfan
01-22-2007, 03:27 PM
His six factor equation should include a seventh factor--not seeing your favorite team make it to the playoffs! :(

MJZiggy,

Are you going to prescibe some anti-depressent medication for me or do I have to get it from Barry Bonds or Michael Vick? :lol:

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 04:17 PM
actually today hasnt been that bad, maybe cause im in

1. Weather-its nice a lil hot

2. Debt-Not old enough to have a Credit Card

3. Time since Christmas- It comes ever year, so what

4. New Years resolution-Well im still sober so im doing pretty well

5. Low motivation levels-Hell i get my license tommorow how can i not be excited

6. Feeling of a need to take action- Is it so bad that she does al the work? :satan:

Joemailman
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Charles,

You're not old enough to have a credit card, and your New Year's resolution is to stay sober? :shock: Take care of yourself, and good luck with that resolution.

Charles Woodson
01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Charles,

You're not old enough to have a credit card, and your New Year's resolution is to stay sober? :shock: Take care of yourself, and good luck with that resolution.

:mrgreen: