PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Cowboys next coach?

b bulldog
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Weis,Belichick,Carroll,Phillips,Cowher, Riveria or Lovie? My guess is that Belichick and Cowher will be the front runners but the compensation would be huge in both cases. maybe they'll send TO to the Pats for B :lol:

oregonpackfan
01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Whomever T. O. deems fit to coach him! :)

motife
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Bellichik won't be leaving NE. The Steelers still have rights to Cowher.

Jones would never give draft picks for either anyway. The odds of either Cowher or Bellichik going to Dallas in 2007 are zero. Bellichik's odds are absolute zero.

The top choice in my book is Charlie Weiss, but he has a $21 million buyout with Notre Dame. If Weiss were interested, Jones might think that worth the investment, although I would be shocked if it ever happens.

There's a rumor in Dallas sports circles that Weiss had a clause in his buyout that exempted him if he were offered the Dallas job, but that just doesn't sound plausible to me.

Bobby Stoops is also a possibility.

Pete Carroll doesn't seem like the genius to me others seem to think he is.

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Sherman and Jones would make a unique pair, don't ya think? :lol:

MadtownPacker
01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
I think Sherm would be a good fit. Then the Pack can play him nest year!

GBRulz
01-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm curious, how did Jones get his money? Is he some Texas Oil Tycoon?

Partial
01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
It would not surprise me if one of the Ryan brothers are the next Cowboys coach. Or Russ Grimm.

gbgary
01-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm curious, how did Jones get his money? Is he some Texas Oil Tycoon?

drilling equipment i believe. i could be wrong.

i just came up with this...http://www.askmen.com/men/business_politics_60/72c_jerry_jones.html

ND72
01-22-2007, 10:39 PM
So "word" i've heard, is Jones wants to find a 3-4 type guy to continue with their defense that they've started to develop. 2 guys you won't see in dallas, Charlie Weis, and Bill Cowher. Weis has a $25 million dollar buy out of ND, which means Jones would have to pony up some cash to get him. And Cowher would need a 1st round draft pick and probably money...AND to get him to say yes...which I don't think he will this offseason. Listening to ESPN radio, they discussed the fact that Jerry Jones likes to hire guys that will "bow down" to him...so don't expect a high profile name or someone that wants to be in charge throughout. I would look for Wade Phillips to get a good look, as well as a few other guys who've had good interviews, Russ Grimm, for example.

oregonpackfan
01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I think Parcells retired for a number of reasons:

1. having to deal with an owner who does too much micro-managing.

2. having to put up with all the distractions that T.O. brings to a team without being able to can him.

3. he is getting physically and mentally tired. The guy is getting on in years and just appears to be worn out.

Partial
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM
So "word" i've heard, is Jones wants to find a 3-4 type guy to continue with their defense that they've started to develop. 2 guys you won't see in dallas, Charlie Weis, and Bill Cowher. Weis has a $25 million dollar buy out of ND, which means Jones would have to pony up some cash to get him. And Cowher would need a 1st round draft pick and probably money...AND to get him to say yes...which I don't think he will this offseason. Listening to ESPN radio, they discussed the fact that Jerry Jones likes to hire guys that will "bow down" to him...so don't expect a high profile name or someone that wants to be in charge throughout. I would look for Wade Phillips to get a good look, as well as a few other guys who've had good interviews, Russ Grimm, for example.

Ryan boys or Russ Grimm are who I am thinking!

Lurker64
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Do this Vikings have any more competent assistants?

GBRulz
01-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Do this Vikings have any more competent assistants?

no, no, no!! We want to leave the Viking coaching staff completely in tact!! They're doing a wonderful job :lol: Ok, the DF can go :wink:

mngolf19
01-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I still wouldn't be surprised to find a Nutt coaching there next year.

red
01-23-2007, 12:54 PM
come on kurt schottenheimer

SudsMcBucky
01-23-2007, 01:32 PM
I still wouldn't be surprised to find a Nutt coaching there next year.

That was actually going to be my "dark horse" guess. Not that I'd want him, but I have read Jerry like Nutt. (Must be some crazy Razorback thing.)

sooner6600
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Jerry Jones made his money in Arkansas in the oil and gas bidness.

I would like to see Joe Avenzanno the next coach; but he is out of the
running due to his leaks about Queenie Parcells to the Media.

sooner6600
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
duplicate; sorrry

mraynrand
01-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Weis,Belichick,Carroll,Phillips,Cowher, Riveria or Lovie? My guess is that Belichick and Cowher will be the front runners but the compensation would be huge in both cases. maybe they'll send TO to the Pats for B :lol:

I think it will be Ahmad Carroll.

BooHoo
01-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Parcells retired for a number of reasons:

1. having to deal with an owner who does too much micro-managing.

2. having to put up with all the distractions that T.O. brings to a team without being able to can him.

3. he is getting physically and mentally tired. The guy is getting on in years and just appears to be worn out.

Dead on!

Maybe they will be Rivera a try?

Freak Out
01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Rivera is going to be the next HC of the Gayboys...er ah..Cowboys. JJ can wait until after the SB to get a coach.

Sparkey
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Jason Garrett........ He be da man!

Packers4Ever
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Sherman and Jones would make a unique pair, don't ya think? :lol:

I was just going to suggest Shermy if
he's still free, he'd be great down there
and would show TO some class, don't
ya think?
:bs:

KYPack