PDA

View Full Version : Our Team

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
This was disturbing to read.

Given the laundry list of voids on the roster, look for the Packers to turn their seven picks into a double-digit total once again.

"They need a corner, they need a safety, they need two linebackers, they need a defensive end, they need two inside offensive linemen, they need a running back, a No.1 wideout and, really, the jury's out at quarterback," a personnel director said Friday. "They don't have a kicker and they don't have a punter. Good luck. How many picks do they got?"

The scout said the Packers' depth chart had the makings of a 3-13 team.

If the scout's assessment turns out to be correct, the Packers would be in position to draft a top-rated quarterback such as Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and Michigan State's Drew Stanton in 2007.

Joemailman
04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
They also have 19 million in salary cap room. Not all their voids are going to be filled with draft picks. And that's if I believe that things are currently as bad as this guy states, which I don't.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 07:32 AM
tHIS WAS THE REASON WHY i THINK wOODSON SHOULDN'T BE SIGNED.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Reading this and agreeing with this should have us trading down and getting as many picks as possible to fill all of our holes.

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 07:43 AM
They also have 19 million in salary cap room. Not all their voids are going to be filled with draft picks. And that's if I believe that things are currently as bad as this guy states, which I don't.

Joemailman !!

Just caught that; about time you are back. Glad to see ya in here. We were worried you were attacked by a pack of dogs while working or something.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 07:45 AM
This was disturbing to read.

Given the laundry list of voids on the roster, look for the Packers to turn their seven picks into a double-digit total once again.

"They need a corner, they need a safety, they need two linebackers, they need a defensive end, they need two inside offensive linemen, they need a running back, a No.1 wideout and, really, the jury's out at quarterback," a personnel director said Friday. "They don't have a kicker and they don't have a punter. Good luck. How many picks do they got?"

The scout said the Packers' depth chart had the makings of a 3-13 team.

If the scout's assessment turns out to be correct, the Packers would be in position to draft a top-rated quarterback such as Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and Michigan State's Drew Stanton in 2007.

With Favre TT had the fiscal power to get this team back to the 7-9 range give or take a couple games IMO. But he chose not to so we have many more holes on our team that picks. I expect him to sign several from the scrap heap left in free agency though. Maybe TT will do better than Adrian Klemm this year.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Haven't I been posting this since last season or actually even before the start of last season. Not looking for a pat on the back but as Wolf stated, "this is an NFLE roster".

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 07:49 AM
The best thing for the team and Brett is for a trade to take place which would benefit both parties.

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 07:59 AM
The best thing for the team and Brett is for a trade to take place which would benefit both parties.

With no significant improvements made with our 35 Million I may tend to agree. Truth be told, I don't think TT wants Favre back and the sleepwalking through free agency sends a silent message.

TT should approach Favre with this, tell him GB is doing the total rebuild, and offer this opportunity. A good people skilled person could explain this in a non offensive matter....................maybe TT should delegate that authority and just be physically present in the face to face meeting.

Fritz
04-23-2006, 08:05 AM
You know, so, so much of this is speculation. It sure as heck doesn't correspond with anything that has actually happened. TT talks to Favre pretty frequently - that is a fact. McCarthy talks to Favre occasionally - that is a fact. Why talk so often to a guy you supposedly secretly don't want? If you don't want him wouldn't you talk to him to see if he'd be interested in being traded? Neither party - and Favre seems to be pretty honest about what's going on - has mentioned the word "trade." Enough already. Let's watch the NBA playoffs and some baseball.

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 08:10 AM
You know, so, so much of this is speculation. It sure as heck doesn't correspond with anything that has actually happened. TT talks to Favre pretty frequently - that is a fact. McCarthy talks to Favre occasionally - that is a fact. Why talk so often to a guy you supposedly secretly don't want? If you don't want him wouldn't you talk to him to see if he'd be interested in being traded? Neither party - and Favre seems to be pretty honest about what's going on - has mentioned the word "trade." Enough already. Let's watch the NBA playoffs and some baseball.

It's come to the point that we gotta watch the Bucks get manhandled ? :wink:

ND72
04-23-2006, 08:59 AM
This is why i think Walker will be traded, even though it kills us at WR, we could always grab one. I can see us trading down all of our picks, excpet our #1...only because i don't want them to..haha.

By the way, I'm in total support of Aaron Rodgers...BUT...if we d go 3-13, i will quickly turn to the Brady Quinn band wagon.

retailguy
04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
This is why i think Walker will be traded, even though it kills us at WR, we could always grab one. I can see us trading down all of our picks, excpet our #1...only because i don't want them to..haha.

By the way, I'm in total support of Aaron Rodgers...BUT...if we d go 3-13, i will quickly turn to the Brady Quinn band wagon.

I agree, partially. I see the early round picks being traded down. Late round is always a crapshoot, seeing who wants to move up. Perhaps the Texans will put Sherman in charge of the draft, then we could end up with about 15 picks. :mrgreen: (And that's from a Sherman supporter....:oops: )

I agree about Rodgers, if he's out there and he stinks (kind of like Losman) then look for another QB. If two of the "top three" are there, trade down, take the extra pick and move on.

There will always be another QB to draft.