PDA

View Full Version : Our team 2

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 07:45 AM
With all the holes on this team and the lack of any depth or star players, the Packers should be looking to get as many picks as possible during next weekends draft. Stay away from Woodson and try to get the Walker trade done, try to trade Brett and KGB for picks. Trade the 5th pick while trying to stay in the top 10. This team looks to be one of the worst in football next season and the roster needs to be overhauled. As much as I hate to say it, guys like Green and Henderson need to be replaced and the team really needs to find young talent that will get this team where it needs to be in a few years. :cry:

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
With all the holes on this team and the lack of any depth or star players, the Packers should be looking to get as many picks as possible during next weekends draft. Stay away from Woodson and try to get the Walker trade done, try to trade Brett and KGB for picks. Trade the 5th pick while trying to stay in the top 10. This team looks to be one of the worst in football next season and the roster needs to be overhauled. As much as I hate to say it, guys like Green and Henderson need to be replaced and the team really needs to find young talent that will get this team where it needs to be in a few years. :cry:

At the start of free agency I would have jumped at this post for the discouraging comments and noted that TT will certainly use our excessive cap space to sign some solid NFL starters.....at bare minimum....two starting OL, LB and S and probably a very good CB. New starters.....Solid NFL starters.

But with TT choosing not to your post now has some warrant. At best right now this is a 6-10 team with Favre back. We have some time though. Maybe TT will find a couple players/needles in the haystack amongth the scraps left in free agency.

ND72
04-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I do think KGB will be cut or traded.......but not this year. most likely it'll be next offseason or something. Expect to see a lot of Mike Montgomery this season.

Partial
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
if you combine wist and bretsky you get wiskey. Perhaps a solution to the problem?

RashanGary
04-23-2006, 02:32 PM
The only reason I don't like that strategy is because it is basically giving up. I don't think you take a "We're going to give up right now and play for the future" attitude. A team might never recover from a situation like that.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Well which of the 15 holes do you want to be filled?

RashanGary
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Take each pick and each FA aquisition one at a time. If 10 good decisions are made for every 1 bad it will be soon. If 10 bad for every one good it will be a long time. IMO you just do your best and if your best is better than the rest you will have a good team sooner than later.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Thompson apologists, espcally Collins and Bulldog, need to realize that the real reason the Packers are rebuilding is because Ted Thompson put the Packers in this situation.

Top 3 offense, 3 straight Division crowns, Brett Favre, excellent cap management by the Sherman administration does not call for rebuilding. It calls for an UPGRADE. Yes, upgrade the Motherfucking Defense and keep Mike Wahle, Draft Logan Mankins and everyone will be calling that gay gm a genius right now.

What is Ted Thompson? Clocks by Coldplay: Come out upon his seas/Cursed missed opportunities/Is he a part of the cure/Or is he part of the disease....

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm an apologist? I think I'm on the fence but admittitidly I agree with the moves he's made thus far except for not signing the younger UFA's.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Sherman can think about how great he was while he is coaching the Texan's Oline :lol: Ha,ha,ha

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm an apologist? I think I'm on the fence but admittitidly I agree with the moves he's made thus far except for not signing the younger UFA's.

I don't think you've warranted the TT apologist Tag yet

Anti-Polar Bear
04-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Sherman can think about how great he was while he is coaching the Texan's Oline :lol: Ha,ha,ha

No shame when you are getting paid $3 mil/season for a couple of seasons by your fomer employer.

b bulldog
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Can't argue with that Tank

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2006, 05:29 PM
This was not the off season to have 33 million dollars to spend. There was just crap out there, and with a tight wad like TT it might play into the Packers advantage and keep them under the cap for years to come, instead of over extending themselves for a quick rebuild. I would rather have money for the next ten years than spend it all in one place. Pay off some contracts this year, cut some dead weight, and rebuild those 7 or 8 holes through the next couple of years, instead of paying a bunch of broken down vets.

I think it is best for all of us to realize that the Packers are going to struggle the next couple of years, and hopefully this roster can rebuild itself into a contender. We have already witnessed the end of the second glory days of the Packers. Hopefully this organization can get back on track in 2 years instead of 30.

Guiness
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Yup, it was the wrong year to free up cap room.

If the cap doesn't take that jump, the market would've been different, that's for sure. Isaac Bruce would've been out there, with no one to spend money on him...

Partial
04-23-2006, 11:50 PM
By not spending the 33 mil this year, we'll have 35ish next year. Hurray!