PDA

View Full Version : The Pets of PR...

Iron Mike
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll start:

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/images3.deviantart.com/i/2005/149/8/1/Ph33r_the_Kirbyness_by_Moonyificent.jpg

ph34r m41 d4wg!!!!! :P

Partial
01-25-2007, 06:21 AM
those are my cats playing ping-pong.

GBRulz
01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Limbo & Bretta

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/DSC00182.jpg

MJZiggy
01-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Heaven forbid my dogs can ever sit still in one place together!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/kyra1.gif

Well, Kyra could...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/Cass1.gif

But Cassie, no way!

Freak Out
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Ha ha...Cassie looks like a major goofball. Cool critters one and all.
My wife has been bugging me to get another dog.......It's been nine years since little old Rachel went to the happy hunting grounds and I have grown used to not having to worry about leaving a pet behind when we go a’ roaming. I know....resistance is futile.

Iron Mike
01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Ha ha...Cassie looks like a major goofball.

Looks like an Australian Shepherd to me.

Here's my daughter's ferret:

http://www.foxvalleyferret.com/Swipers.JPG

MJZiggy
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Ha ha...Cassie looks like a major goofball.

Looks like an Australian Shepherd to me.

Here's my daughter's ferret:

http://www.foxvalleyferret.com/Swipers.JPG

She's either a mini or got Sheltie mixed in. We have no clue, but she's about 1/2 the size of an Aussie and didn't have all this fur when we got her.

Iron Mike
01-28-2007, 11:44 AM
She's either a mini or got Sheltie mixed in. We have no clue, but she's about 1/2 the size of an Aussie and didn't have all this fur when we got her.

I used to have a sheltie with one blue eye.

Blue-eyed dogs RULE!!!! :worship:

Iron Mike
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM
We got a new pooch this weekend.

Ph34r her chompin skillz!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winnie2.jpg

MJZiggy
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
She looks a little like mine (especially if you crossed her with the sable collie down the street).

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
I've got a cat..He's awesome..No pic though :(

Also got a goldfish, a guinea pig, and an aquarium..We had a bird until it's untimely and tragic death :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's quite a jungle in our house.. :lol:

Iron Mike
04-16-2007, 08:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winnieoutforawalk.jpg

Winnie--out for a poo. 8-)

Guiness
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Random shot of some napping dogs

http://www.bmts.com/~g-dog/TiaNGriff2.jpg

The whippet is Tiamat, and the black thing is a 5 month old standard poodle named Griffin.

Come on MTP - let's see a picture of that rat you've taught to sit!

Patler
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, this is a difficult topic for me this week!

Our dog, my constant companion for the past 11 years, who was in extremely good health a month ago, with great vision, hearing and joints for an older dog, came down with an extremely aggressive disease, is "hospitalized" and likely will not pull through.

I hate making the decision I may have to make in the next couple days. :(

MJZiggy
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

Chubbyhubby
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
We have alot pets in the Chubby household. 2 parakeets (POOh Bear and Tigger) 1 gerbel (Spidey) 2 Guniea Pigs (Cali and Pepper) 2 mice ({Patches and Midnight)

Mazzin
04-16-2007, 04:32 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/AshleysPictures6199.jpg

My bearded dragon on gabes arm, 6 months ago.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/CIMG0104.jpg

Dozer on my butt at the barn... Gabe put her there, and took the pic obviously.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/CIMG0084.jpg

Its me and both of the pets I actually own.[/img]

packinpatland
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Our dog, my constant companion for the past 11 years, who was in extremely good health a month ago, with great vision, hearing and joints for an older dog, came down with an extremely aggressive disease, is "hospitalized" and likely will not pull through.

11 years..................my heart aches for you, this is a tough time.

Brando19
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/AshleysPictures6199.jpg

My bearded dragon on gabes arm, 6 months ago.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/CIMG0104.jpg

Dozer on my butt at the barn... Gabe put her there, and took the pic obviously.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/CIMG0084.jpg

Its me and both of the pets I actually own.[/img]

Haha....cute pics.

oregonpackfan
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM

Sorry for the tough time you are going through, Patler.

Our household knows what it is like to experience the loss of a beloved pet. My oldest daughter picked out a kitten from a neighbor's cat litter when she was just 3 years old.

That cat lived 15 glorious, pampered, years. Towards the end, it began suffering terribly from diabetes. A loving vet said we could prolong the inevitable but the financial cost would be about $200 a month. In addition, the care would not alleviate the physical pain nor the blindess the cat was incurrring.

My daughter, now 18, finally realized her faithful cat needed to be put down. After the procedure was completed, she cried for hours.

My other daughter and I dug a pet-sized grave in the backyard and we had a little family funeral for the feline. My daughter later saw a relatively small cat headstone which she placed on the "burial plot." It remains there.

It was a very trying experience but one my kids came to realize as a natural cycle of life.

packinpatland
04-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks to MJZiggy, I can share photos of three of my best friends.
They are Gus (the fluff), Lilly, the old lady of 12 years, and Rose who is 4, and is incorrigble.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_0199.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_0572.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_2815.jpg

Packers4Ever
04-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Patler, I know this is a very tough time to get through - our little dog, Muffin, passed on in Jan. 1997 at the age of 16, actually we had to put her
down because she was becoming blind, not walking well and so forth. My husband is a tough guy but he asked me to take her down to the Vet, he just couldn't.
After 10 years, we are still ocasionally calling our newer dog
"Muffin." It never really goes away, I guess.

packinpatland
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Some sayings by people wiser and wittier than me.

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" -M. Facklam

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself" -Josh Billings

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person" -Andy Rooney

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face" - Edward Abbey

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy you the wag of it's tail" -Unknown

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful" -Ann Landers

"I wonder if the other dogs think poodles are a members of a weird religious cult" -Rita Rudner

"In dog years, I'm dead" -Unknown

"I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl" -Penny Ward Moser

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich" -Louis Sabin

"In dog training, jerk is a noun, not a verb"-Dr. Dennis Fetko

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest person in the world, don't seek a second opinion" -Jim Fiebig

"If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog" -Unknown

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts"
-Sigmund Freud

I could go on and on and on...................... :)

billy_oliver880
04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
http://photos.pe.facebook.com/v64/127/34/185101191/n185101191_31380325_2977.jpg

This is Buffy. I never liked cats until I met this one. She keeps me sane.

packinpatland
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM
I believe that cats do keep people sane! They're good listeners and don't ask for much.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea" -Rober A Heinlein

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him"
-Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan

"Cats Motto" No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it" -Unknown

Packers4Ever
04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I believe that cats do keep people sane! They're good listeners and don't ask for much.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea" -Rober A Heinlein

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him"

"Cats Motto" No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it" -Unknown
+==+=++++=++=+++++++===

pip: you have the cutest critters!

billy-o880 Love your cat, he/she looks just like mine! :)

packinpatland
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM

+==+=++++=++=+++++++=

Why.... Thankee, Thankee :lol:

pip: you have the cutest critters!

billy-o880 Love your cat, he/she looks just like mine! :)

Iron Mike
05-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Guess what Winnie and I did yesterday:

http://www.y-me.org/events/images/Race07.php

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for walking the walk, for those who can't.

Rastak
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Patler, how did your pet story turn out? I hope it went well. We had to put my daughter's cat down a few weeks ago, she'd had it half her life. Cancer....nothing we could do.

I'm a total animal lover (no skinbasket and HH, not in that way). I have 3 dogs a cat and 3 birds. 2 Poms and a mix.

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Patler, how did your pet story turn out? I hope it went well. We had to put my daughter's cat down a few weeks ago, she'd had it half her life. Cancer....nothing we could do.

I'm a total animal lover (no skinbasket and HH, not in that way). I have 3 dogs a cat and 3 birds. 2 Poms and a mix.

I was wondering the same thing.

And Rastak, I am so sorry about your cat. They become such a part of our lives.
Take care.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
The biggest problems with dogs is that they should live longer. I was lucky enough to have one that always seemed to know what I was thinking. I could think "sit", and the dog would sit.

We lost that dog 11 years ago in March, and I still think about him all the time. Though mostly because the latest hound is such a putz.

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Pets do tend to resemble their owners, Scott. :lol:

Rastak
05-14-2007, 05:47 PM
The biggest problems with dogs is that they should live longer. I was lucky enough to have one that always seemed to know what I was thinking. I could think "sit", and the dog would sit.

We lost that dog 11 years ago in March, and I still think about him all the time. Though mostly because the latest hound is such a putz.

That sucks, I can appreceate that. This cat I have is my best bud. He actually sits on my computer monitor looking down. I worked with a dude from Kenya who was so strict in Islam he thought the Taliban were great guys. :roll: He couldn't fathem naming an animal. Not talking about a whole group but he was a first class moron.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 07:35 PM

............must.......resist......temptation..... ....to post..........pic......... of my dog...........licking itself inappropriately.................

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM

............must.......resist......temptation..... ....to post..........pic......... of my dog...........licking itself inappropriately.................

Thank you for resisting, whew.......this is not a good visual.

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank you for resisting, whew.......this is not a good visual.[/quote]

Especially since pets resemble their owners :shock: :P

MadtownPacker
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I can feel you guys about the loss of an petl. When I was a kid we use to live close to a road where big trucks drove all day. Had a new dog just about every year so I guess I see pets as a heartache just waiting to happen.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I have a story about my ferret Sydney eating the cockatiel Petee 12 years ago.

Well, it's not a great story, it's a sad one and the wife was heartbroken after she left Petee out to run for the day and he decided to try to climb up the ferrets cage.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 08:56 PM

:lol:

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
When my kids were really small we had a dog, who mainly resided in the downstairs family room area. We also had a parakeet, who's cage was directly above the staircase (split foyer house). The bird's wings were clipped so she couldn't fly far. One evening the door to the cage was left open and she attempted to fly in the wrong direction....toward the steps...she landed in dog land. The dog...sweet but a bit territorial took a swipe at her and ended her life. Unfortunately my kids saw the after affect....bird laying on the steps not moving. I told them the bird fell down the steps. A good lesson they should learn about being careful on the steps!!!! :D For years they told the story how their pet bird died by falling down the steps.....lol To this day they have never questioned that....lol I love the innocence of youth!!

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
That's better than the old 'switching the gold fish' story!

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
That's better than the old 'switching the gold fish' story!

Been there...lol We had a huge fish tank at one time too. They are beautiful but lots of work.

...hey, this thread should be called the Pets of 007. :P

retailguy
05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I can feel you guys about the loss of an petl. When I was a kid we use to live close to a road where big trucks drove all day. Had a new dog just about every year so I guess I see pets as a heartache just waiting to happen.

what is a petl?

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 10:44 PM

what is a petl?

duh...it's a Spanish dog! :roll:

lol :P

Patler
05-14-2007, 11:46 PM

Not good. He died on his own accord, which made it a whole lot easier on me. He was being treated, and had his ups and downs, but the vets thought they were making headway. Then two weeks ago he was with us in the evening, looked at each of us, sighed and died. It was a shock, but actually quite peaceful.

I miss him a lot.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Doesn't matter how or when, it's always hard.
Glad it was peaceful.

Rastak
05-15-2007, 10:34 PM

Not good. He died on his own accord, which made it a whole lot easier on me. He was being treated, and had his ups and downs, but the vets thought they were making headway. Then two weeks ago he was with us in the evening, looked at each of us, sighed and died. It was a shock, but actually quite peaceful.

I miss him a lot.

Sorry to hear that Patler......this is the definate downside to having pets.....

Patler
05-16-2007, 11:55 AM

I miss him a lot.

Sorry to hear that Patler......this is the definate downside to having pets.....

It keeps us in our places. Our pets revere us, but not for real long. I honestly believe that we don't deserve to have them longer than we do.

I've had lots of pets over the years, and always get too close to them for my own good. It always hurts so much when their lives end. But this particular dog was that one really special one that you sometimes have, the one that becomes even more of a "best friend" than the others. He normally was under my desk as I worked or wasted time on Packerrats. He went almost everywhere with me. We "talked" a lot, me in English and he in his own special way of communication with looks, sounds, paw taps, nuzzles and the like that told me exactly what he wanted. He knew my routine so well that he anticipated what was up before I even started or let on. If I pulled an envelope out of the drawer, he would perk up, knowing a trip to the post office would come later, maybe even hours later. At time it was almost uncanny how aware he was.

I am honestly a bit lonely at times since he died, even though I have lots of people and family around me all the time. There is still a void where he was.

Bretsky
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM

I miss him a lot.

My condolences Patler; pets make nice companions and are tough to lose

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 01:12 PM

I miss him a lot.

Sudden need to hug my dogs....I know how you feel, Patler.

MJZiggy
05-19-2007, 01:16 PM

That's true, but ya gotta see them for the joy and companionship they bring as well. Now that I've gotten used to it, it's hard for me to imagine coming home without SOMEBODY being overjoyed to see me.

packinpatland
05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
True 'squatters'.

Guess I'm going to have to add these to my list of pets. They won't go away, are there every morning. I've searched all over, no nest.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s229/packinpatland/ducks.jpg

packinpatland
05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow, someone tell me how to make photos smaller!

MJZiggy
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Go into Photobucket, choose edit on the photo and choose resize. Then you can tell it what size you want it to be.

LL2
05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
So, Ziggy, is it how the worm is wiggled that’s most important?

packinpatland
05-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Go into Photobucket, choose edit on the photo and choose resize. Then you can tell it what size you want it to be.

Well now, that was easy.

Can I make the above one smaller too?

LL2 Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:29 pm Post subject:

Aren't you wondering why it took someone so long to 'bite'? :lol:

MJZiggy
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Well now, that was easy.

Can I make the above one smaller too?

Hit F5 on your keyboard or the refresh button above. You did it just fine, your computer is just not "seeing" the change (thanks, Mad).

Nah. I figured someone'd get around to it eventually...I think I'll let them figure it out on their own!!!

LL2
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Well now, that was easy.

Can I make the above one smaller too? Why yes you can!!!!

Nah. I figured someone'd get around to it eventually...I think I'll let them figure it out on their own!!!

Yeah...pretty challenging to figure out...hmmm...but if you have the size and the wiggle...then you got it good.

Iron Mike
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
OK, so I buy my "love to chew stuff" collie a toy that's rated an 8 out of 10 on the indestructibility scale.

Does it intimidate her?? NO WAY!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winniepwnage.jpg

This toy lasted all of two days. I wonder if they make an 11. :?:

MJZiggy
06-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Ummm...Last collie I knew that looks like yours ate a package of diapers and needed emergency "have your guts rearranged" surgery. Careful with that.

Today was a bad pet day. Evidently one of my dogs has an upset tummy and the other found the evidence and rolled around in it. Lets say other plans were dropped to give the dog a bath...

BallHawk
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
This toy lasted all of two days. I wonder if they make an 11. :?:

Is there a Spinal Tap of dog pedigree?

packinpatland
06-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Ummm...Last collie I knew that looks like yours ate a package of diapers and needed emergency "have your guts rearranged" surgery. Careful with that.

Today was a bad pet day. Evidently one of my dogs has an upset tummy and the other found the evidence and rolled around in it. Lets say other plans were dropped to give the dog a bath...

Why? Why do dogs relish doing that? :?:

MJZiggy
06-26-2007, 06:53 AM

Why? Why do dogs relish doing that? :?: :huh: :crazy: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: (maybe she secretly WANTED me to drop everything, put gloves on and give her a LOOOONNNNNGGGG bath with LOTS of soap????

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_0660.jpg

Lynx...the new baby! (actually we've had him for a while but he doesn't like the camera)

Iron Mike
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_0660.jpg

http://images.craveonline.com/article_imgs/Image/tuna_can.jpg

Less than three weeks, little fella!!!

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
It's ok, we feed him...

Iron Mike
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
It's ok, we feed him...

What else would a cat want for Christmas besides a can of tuna???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSgRsqK4aA

Jimx29
12-06-2009, 04:14 AM
My Boxer Tucker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9pAAsqGHQ

Brando19
12-06-2009, 07:40 AM
My Boxer Tucker:

That's hilarious. We bought a laser pointer 2 days ago for my cat, but my two dogs are the funny ones. They'll chase it for 30 minutes or more without getting tired.

MJZiggy
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
My Boxer Tucker:

Instant dethatching! My mom had a boxer that looked just like that. She loves the breed but says they're dumb as bricks.

Brando19
01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I have a pic of my lab...but it's on the website of the people we bought her off of....am I allowed to post a link to that site or would that be advertising or something?

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Just link directly to the pic. Go to the page that the pic is on and right click the image. Chose copy image location and past it in here. Highlight it and click the Img button above. Boom. Done.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I have a pic of my lab...but it's on the website of the people we bought her off of....am I allowed to post a link to that site or would that be advertising or something?

Meth lab?

Brando19
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Meth lab?

:lol: It's beautiful. But if I post a link, I may get arrested.

Iron Mike
07-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Check out that face @ 0:59.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCRZzhbHH0