PDA

View Full Version : nfldraftcountdown.com has us picking Jarrett now

BF4MVP
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Scott Wright has Lynch going a pick before us to the Steelers (hmmm, don't they already have a runningback?) I coulda sworn I just looked like a week ago and he had us picking Lynch..That was a fast update I guess..

I like Jarrett too though..Nice hands, size, ball skills..Plus he's young, meaning he has a lot of room to improve (he doesn't turn 21 until 9/11/2007)..One thing I don't like is he's not very fast..If the Packers pick him, I hope he's closer to Anquan Boldin than Mike Williams..I know Jarrett is four inches taller than Boldin, so the comparison is probably a bad one, but I reckon they run about the same forty..

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-25-2007, 02:05 PM
It all depends on the forty. If he runs good I wouldn't mined him, but then again if he runs good we may not even have a chance at him.

Packnut
01-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Bowe is the guy to take-IF he's there which I doubt.

Charles Woodson
01-25-2007, 02:25 PM

they have him near the end of the first...
Is the combines gana boost his stock?

Packnut
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM

they have him near the end of the first...
Is the combines gana boost his stock?

I'm sure it will, especially if he continues to improve. The one thing is that I believe he's better off as a #3 WR to start out like he would be with us. Other teams picking before us with WR needs will want Johnson and the guy from South Carolina cause both would be #2's. I really hav'nt looked at who's before us that will go WR with their pick.

Partial
01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
It all depends on the forty. If he runs good I wouldn't mined him, but then again if he runs good we may not even have a chance at him.

40 means nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.

Quickness and agility are far more important. He's tall enough that he can catch the ball over a cornerback on the deep ball. Is he quick enough to seperate and hit his slants full-speed with precision, though? That's the question that will determine if he is Mike Williams or Herman Moore in his prime.

Partial
01-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Bowe is having a fatty Senior bowl. I think he jumps to third on the list of receivers, and hopefully somehow Meachem gets pushed down to us in the second.

BF4MVP
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
They also have us taking Greg Olsen, tight end from Miami, at 47 (sorry, forgot to look)

"Bubba Franks is just not getting it done anymore and this guy can be a real weapon for Favre"

I guess we have Scott Wright's take on whether or not Favre is coming back, huh? :lol:

Pacopete4
01-25-2007, 03:17 PM
theres a difference between track speed(40yrd dash) and football speed(DD taking a 7 yrd slant pass to the house)... ill take football speed any day of the week...

my opinion is that we trade down..smart move with so many players being so close together talent wise.. we are not gonna get a hawk type football player

Lurker64
01-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, it's good to know Jarrett is another guy we won't be picking.

Partial
01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
theres a difference between track speed(40yrd dash) and football speed(DD taking a 7 yrd slant pass to the house)... ill take football speed any day of the week...

my opinion is that we trade down..smart move with so many players being so close together talent wise.. we are not gonna get a hawk type football player

Quickness and agility my friend.

Fritz
01-27-2007, 11:11 AM
The dude scorched Michigan in the Rose Bowl. But then again, everybody from SoCal scorched Michigan in the Rose Bowl...

Pack_Attack88
01-27-2007, 12:12 PM
i am torn on Jarrett... Is he Mike Williams part 2??

but then again, Colston isnt a burner and is a good WR........

i guess speed isnt everything but who knows??

BallHawk
01-27-2007, 12:33 PM

I'm very interested to see how he does today. If he completely dominates then it is possible that he won't be available at #16. However, and even though it is still early, he is projected as a mid-round pick. Actually he is on the front page on ESPN.com right now. I would be very pleased if we picked him. He's a perfect compliment to Jennings and I'd be a hell of a more confident with him than with Holiday or Martin.