PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Henry jailed on alcohol charge

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Foxsports.com

COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was sent to jail for two days on Thursday after pleading guilty to allowing minors to drink alcohol in his hotel room last spring.

He is one of nine players on the team arrested in the past 13 months. Henry has been arrested four times as a Bengals player.
"You brought shame with this on yourself," Kenton County District Judge Greg Grothaus told Henry. "You embarrassed a lot of people."

Grothaus sentenced Henry to 90 days in jail. He suspended all but two days, and ordered Henry to begin serving those two days immediately.

"It's good that this case involving Chris has been resolved," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "Now Chris must continue to strive to mature and grow both as a player and as a person."

On June 3, Henry was charged with driving under the influence in Clermont County, Ohio. He is to appear in court there Feb. 15, but prosecutors expect an agreement that would avoid a trial.

Henry originally was charged in Covington with three counts of unlawful transaction with a minor. Police said he brought alcohol for three females - ages 18, 16 and 15 - in a Covington motel room April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.

Bob Lotz, attorney for Henry, said other witnesses said Henry was not drinking alcohol and did not bring the alcohol. He said Henry rented the hotel room where the minors were drinking, a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law."

Lotz declined comment on the sentence.

Henry had avoided jail time while resolving his first two criminal cases. His first arrest came in December 2005, also in northern Kentucky. He pleaded guilty to marijuana possession and completed a drug rehabilitation program.

In September, he avoided jail time by pleading guilty in an Orlando, Fla., court to a concealed weapon charge. He had been accused of pulling the weapon during a fight. Henry got 100 hours of community service and was put on probation for two years.

The NFL last year suspended Henry for two games for violating its substance abuse and conduct penalties. He also was benched for one other game by the Bengals.

prsnfoto
01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Too bad Monica didn't do us all a favor and slit his throat, these guys are losers, thugs, gang bangers, and do society no good to be alive. Just once I would like a judge to say "we are going to give you the bias sentencing you expect with no jail time however you need to give 10% of what you earn each time you get arrested call it the ten strike rule."

red
01-26-2007, 09:09 AM
2 days?

2 days?

any of us would have been locked up for a lot longer then 2 days for giving minors a bunch of boose. and why was his sentence suspended, and why was the book not thrown at him? he's been arrested 5 or 6 times in the last year. he should be off the streets and in prison for a long time

didn't this same thing pretty much end chewies career? or was it the sex with a minor?

KYPack
01-26-2007, 09:39 AM
2 days?

2 days?

any of us would have been locked up for a lot longer then 2 days for giving minors a bunch of boose. and why was his sentence suspended, and why was the book not thrown at him? he's been arrested 5 or 6 times in the last year. he should be off the streets and in prison for a long time

didn't this same thing pretty much end chewies career? or was it the sex with a minor?

Actually the local media determined that 2 days was exactly what most people get for this. He didn't get them the booze, he rented the room they partied in. These were hard core kids, the one girl is in the slam for murdering a john ( poor guy was in his 60's).

The murdering little hooker tried to claim Henry raped her at this party. The DA's investigators threw these allegations out almost immediately.

From what many locals tell me, if Henry doesn't change his lifestyle, he won't be suspended. He will be dead.

Fritz
01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
So does anyone have a count on how many Bengals have been in trouble with the law in the past two years?

I mean, are we getting into some kind of all-time record territory? Anybody know which team holds that record, anyway?

Patler, how are you with criminal statistics?

red
01-27-2007, 03:21 PM
So does anyone have a count on how many Bengals have been in trouble with the law in the past two years?

I mean, are we getting into some kind of all-time record territory? Anybody know which team holds that record, anyway?

Patler, how are you with criminal statistics?

i don't know about over 2 years, but over the last year 9 have been arrested. henry is the only one i know of thats been arrested multiple times in that span, i think he's up around 5 or so

someone in the last two days had a list of all the bengals arrested in the last year, and their crimes

it was pretty sad