PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to laugh at Bear fans...

Fosco33
01-26-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2006/fit.nation/

Chicago tops the list of 'fattest' city in the US.

Interestingly, Milwaukee falls at # 5 on the fittest cities.

Would I still trade a love handle for a shot at the ring - probably.

red
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
chicago and Milwaukee always seem to be at the top of that list

i think it has to do with the capital of the beer drinking world being located in Milwaukee and the amount of sausages and cheese that the state puts out and has stolen by the fibs from below the border

Fosco33
01-26-2007, 02:37 PM
chicago and Milwaukee always seem to be at the top of that list

i think it has to do with the capital of the beer drinking world being located in Milwaukee and the amount of sausages and cheese that the state puts out and has stolen by the fibs from below the border

While I agree - here's the funny part.

MKE was ranked on the opposite end - FIT (not FAT).

No offense to Milwaukeans (as I am one), but how the heck did that survey come out that way? There are only a few times in my travels where someone needed an extra seatbelt on a flight - and most of those are to/from MKE.

:lol:

FavreChild
01-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Yeah...but it's called a "stereotype." 8)

Not that MKE residents are that sensitive, but, see, the numbers (about weight/health) don't lie. Metro Milwaukee has a growing, young urban population. Check out the recent 20-something crowd and their mass media influence - and although we hate to admit it - our imitation of the "happening" scene in Chi-Town.

You won't find anyone - males included - over 200 lbs at, say, Tangerine or Kennadee's in downtown Brew City.

MKE "youngin's" ain't the same as their stereotypical ancestors these days...ya know?? :wink:

Guiness
01-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Has Chicago rated that high in the past? Yuck.

Dallas and Houston at 4 and 5. No surprise there. I spend a fair amount of time in those cities, and fitness is not high on the list of priorities. Houston especially - if those FF (fat f@#$ers) would get out of their SUV's and pickups for 5 damn minutes...

LA surprises me. Hollywood, beaches, 'California lifestyle' implies anything put obesity.

green_bowl_packer
01-27-2007, 08:27 AM
This may have already been discussed but here is video evidence.

Exhibit A:
http://cbs2chicago.com/superbowl/local_story_026064839.html

Also the jackass with the Katrina sign is discussed, the bandwagon jumping down here is ridiculous. Go Colts!!!

Fritz
01-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Let me set my brat down long enough to say "hah!" to Chicago, and thank you for taking the mantle from Detroit. Urp.

Iron Mike
01-27-2007, 10:02 AM
.....like Packer fans actually NEED a reason to laugh at Bear fans!! :roll: