PDA

View Full Version : Our next quarterback?

Brando19
01-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia, who helped resurrect the Eagles after Donovan McNabb's season-ending knee injury, probably won't be back. While the Eagles have said they want to re-sign him to back up McNabb again, at least three teams - Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Green Bay (if Brett Favre retires) - appear to be interested in the soon-to-be- 37-year-old Garcia as a possible short-term starter.

I really really really want Favre back...but if not...I like the idea of Garcia coming to Green Bay. I wouldn't mind Garcia, Leftwich, or Matt Schaub....but I do not want to see Jake Plummer!

esoxx
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I thought Aaron Rodgers was our next QB?

red
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
i think it would take like a 1st and 3rd rounder to get schaub

no way TT would do that with rodgers on the roster

Fosco33
01-26-2007, 03:08 PM
So we see a 37 year old leave (that's supposedly past his prime in the media eyes) just to woo another one....

I don't see it happening - and if it would - it should be as a backup.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
So we see a 37 year old leave (that's supposedly past his prime in the media eyes) just to woo another one....

Agreed. Also, Rodgers has already waited two years, I think thats enough to be ready for the nfl.

red
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM

i think it would be as a backup, or someone to give a-rod a good push. and if a-rod fails or looks horrible during the year, garcia could come in and replace him.

if a-rod plays well, then you have a good backup in case of injury, and someone that rodgers can continue to learn from

esoxx
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't get me wrong. If Favre were to retire I'd love to have Garcia as the backup QB. He's good in the WCO. In case it turns out Rodgers doesn't have it at least there's some insurance. But Garcia's not looking to be a backup and that's why he's leaving Philly.

BooHoo
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
If Garcia came to the Pack as a backup he would be the starter by at least week six or seven.

Our next long term QB is not yet on the roster.

Pacopete4
01-26-2007, 05:12 PM
our next QB?... if we are giving Rodgers a shot we might as well give Brittany Favre a shot cuz shes probably got more talent..

BooHoo
01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Interesting thought! :D

Pacopete4
01-27-2007, 03:58 AM
boohoo.. u the man bro.. always thinkin the same way..

MadtownPacker
01-27-2007, 04:53 AM
No way in hell is Garcia going to go to a team that he is not considered the starter. If that is the case he might as well stay in Phi and wait for Mcnabb to breakdown again. He has as good a chance of it happening there as anywhere else.

Brando19
01-27-2007, 08:07 AM
No way in hell is Garcia going to go to a team that he is not considered the starter. If that is the case he might as well stay in Phi and wait for Mcnabb to breakdown again. He has as good a chance of it happening there as anywhere else.

So true, Madtown. Mcnabb is very likely to get injured again next season. He's too big!

Fritz
01-27-2007, 08:45 AM
I am not a fan of Garcia. He sucked in Detroit and constantly intimated that it wasn't his fault.

Draft Drew Stanton, I say. Let him sit third behind Favre (I hope) and Rodgers. Then at the end of next season you'll know whether you like Rodgers or Stanton better. If you like Stanton better you can trade Rodgers. If you like Rodgers you can keep and develop Stanton or trade him away.