PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Reggie Bush fans

Kiwon
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
What is going on with the investigation of Reggie Bush and family regarding the allegations of receiving illegal payments while still at USC?

I haven't followed the story closely so I wanted to ask some of you pro football addicts to help fill in the details.

1. What is the status of the investigation?
2. What potential penalties might he face affecting USC and/or the Saints?
3. Did rumors of these allegations influence the Houston Texans decision not to choose him as the first overall pick at last year's draft?

HarveyWallbangers
01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
What is going on with the investigation of Reggie Bush and family regarding the allegations of receiving illegal payments while still at USC?

I haven't followed the story closely so I wanted to ask some of you pro football addicts to help fill in the details.

1. What is the status of the investigation?
2. What potential penalties might he face affecting USC and/or the Saints?
3. Did rumors of these allegations influence the Houston Texans decision not to choose him as the first overall pick at last year's draft?

I doubt it will have any affect on his playing status. I don't think it affected the Texans decision at all. No idea where it's at. Don't really care. Personally, I don't blame a kid for taking that kind of money, and the Chris Webber case proved that nothing is really going to happen to the athlete, legally. He'll probably continue to get villified in the press. They should go after the boosters and others supplying the money first before making the kids out to be the villains.

USC, on the other hand, could be in some trouble--like Michigan in the Webber case. A lot of times when they find one instance of this happening, more come up and that leads to bad things for that university.

Fritz
01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
It's so, so ridiculous to pretend that these division one bigger schools are anything but a minor league feeder system for the NFL. It takes some serious imagination to think that the college game is "purer" than the pro game cuz the players are "amateurs."

I say it's better to just acknowledge the truth, and just have the colleges sponsor teams. You'd still have your USC Trojans and Michigan Wolverines and so on, but the players wouldn't have to go to college. The players could get paid a living wage, the colleges could sponsor the teams and make money, and guys like Maurice Clarett wouldn't be taking up space in a college classroom that could be used by a more deserving and motivated student.