PDA

View Full Version : If drafting WR which one would you want at #16...

packers11
01-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Lets say all are available at #16 hypothetically speaking... Except Calvin... Who would you take...

Dwayne Jarrett 6'4", 210, 4.55

Ted Ginn Jr. 6'0", 180, 4.35

Sidney Rice 6'3", 195, 4.45

Dwayne Bowe 6'1", 220, 4.5

Robert Meachem 6'3", 210 4.48

Take in account all the 40 times are outdated... NFL combine will give all the new updates on the 40's... Also I hear Dwayne Bowe had an extremely good Senior Bowl... Kiper on LSU WR Dwayne Bowe: "Big ... athletic ... a mid-first-rounder."

Who would you want the packers to take???

Brando19
01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Jarrett or Ginn, Jr. would be nice. Ginn, Jr. poses a threat at Punt Return.

Fritz
01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Honestly I don't know enough about most of those guys, but having seen Tedd Ginn a few times on television (that qualifies me as an expert, dontcha think?), I can say I hope they take a pass on this dude. He runs crappy routes, doesn't get off bump coverage very well, and drops the ball occasionally. I'll be sick if they take him.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Sidney Rice, this guy is almost as tall as jarrett, and didnt have as good of team/quarterback as Dwayne Jarrett

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Honestly I don't know enough about most of those guys, but having seen Tedd Ginn a few times on television (that qualifies me as an expert, dontcha think?), I can say I hope they take a pass on this dude. He runs crappy routes, doesn't get off bump coverage very well, and drops the ball occasionally. I'll be sick if they take him.

thats what i thought, i havent watched many OSU games except when they were on prime time, but he excells at just going deep, i really cant remember many times when he does short routes.

oregonpackfan
01-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I would lean towards the Packers drafting a 6'3" type of WR who can go up to get the high passes. The Packers already have too much of the lean 6' type of WR.

Unfortunately, Javon Walker was just that type of receiver I am writing about but he is gone forever from the Packers.

OPF

BallHawk
01-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Dwayne Bowe, no question.

ny10804
01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I'd go Bowe also. BTW, he's 6'2 1/4, not 6'1.

packers11
01-27-2007, 01:08 PM

actually we are both wrong... He must of grown because ESPN draft site is wrong too... He is 6-3 now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146735
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/406856

ny10804
01-27-2007, 01:23 PM

actually we are both wrong... He must of grown because ESPN draft site is wrong too... He is 6-3 now...

Well, he measured in at 6'2 1/4 six days ago, so that's what I'm going with. :wink:

packers11
01-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Well, he measured in at 6'2 1/4 six days ago, so that's what I'm going with. :wink:

haha... alright ill also go with 6`2 1/4 I guess... :mrgreen:

digitaldean
01-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Bowe first, Rice, then Jarrett.

Ginn shouldn't be drafted in the first round because of his route running ability. Even if he is enticing as Devin Hester-type of returner.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Bowe first, Rice, then Jarrett.

Ginn shouldn't be drafted in the first round because of his route running ability. Even if he is enticing as Devin Hester-type of returner.

but he will most likely be drafted in the 1st round... thats whats sad...

red
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
the only two i've watched enoug of, if at all. are jarrett, and Ginn

i would love Jarrett, and woould not want Ginn at all, the others i have no idea about

but i agree with oregon where i would rather see us get a 6-3 or so guy

BallHawk
01-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd be happy with Jarrett, and he is a great talent, but I worry about his attitude and maturity issues.

b bulldog
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I've seen Jarrett in the 4.6's. His numbers will tell a lot on him.

Packnut
01-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Bowe would be a perfect fit as the #3 wideout. He's a big red zone target. He adds the fade route back to our playbook. IF he's there at 16, it's a no brainer. Even if Brett comes back for one more, TT has made Rodgers our future, so he'd better give him all the help he can get at WR.

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Bowe would be a perfect fit as the #3 wideout. He's a big red zone target. He adds the fade route back to our playbook. IF he's there at 16, it's a no brainer. Even if Brett comes back for one more, TT has made Rodgers our future, so he'd better give him all the help he can get at WR.

Is Bowe worth of the #16 pick ? Reality is Johnson, Ginn, and Jarrett will probably be the top 3 chosen, and it's likely Ginn and/or Jarrett will be there when we pick.

TT might be able to pick up a selection and get Bowe. All the more power to him, I guess.

B

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 09:52 AM
For some unexplained reason I have this trust in TT that whatever he does is going to turn out fine.

Am I insane?

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:58 AM
For some unexplained reason I have this trust in TT that whatever he does is going to turn out fine.

Am I insane?

He's giving us some nice hope; although I'm still churned by his selecting of Cory Rodgers over a nice prospect in WR Demetrius Williams from Oregon. I remember before that pick both Harvey and I were screaming for Williams, who showed some nice upside toward the end of the season for the Ravens.

But that's just me the nitpicker. Reality it appears he had a wonderful 2006 draft.

Joemailman
01-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Lets say all are available at #16 hypothetically speaking... Except Calvin... Who would you take...

Dwayne Jarrett 6'4", 210, 4.55

Ted Ginn Jr. 6'0", 180, 4.35

Sidney Rice 6'3", 195, 4.45

Dwayne Bowe 6'1", 220, 4.5

Robert Meachem 6'3", 210 4.48

Take in account all the 40 times are outdated... NFL combine will give all the new updates on the 40's... Also I hear Dwayne Bowe had an extremely good Senior Bowl... Kiper on LSU WR Dwayne Bowe: "Big ... athletic ... a mid-first-rounder."

Who would you want the packers to take???

I don't worry about the 40 time so much. I want to know how quickly a guy can avoid a jam by a CB and get open 10-15 yards downfield. Do they test this at the combine? I don't see a lot of college football, bit I've been really impressed with what I've seen from Jarrett and Bowe. Either would be fine with me. Ginn is probably the riskiest pick, but could have a ton of upside if he can improve some of his fundamentals.

HarveyWallbangers
01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Ginn has better hands and runs better routes that he's being given credit for on here.

I'll wait until the combine to judge, but I'd lean towards Rice and Bowe.

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Ginn has better hands and runs better routes that he's being given credit for on here.

I think Rice is a great talent and would also be a great pick-up. I don't know what a type of player Rice is off the field, however.

Patriot LT
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I like Rice, Jarrett probably will run in the 4.6 range and I doubt he will run at the combine, after seeing Bowe's interview after the senior bowl he might score a 5 on the wonderlic, and I agree Ginn doesn't run very good routes and the Packers don't need another 6' WR

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM
I like Rice, Jarrett probably will run in the 4.6 range and I doubt he will run at the combine, after seeing Bowe's interview after the senior bowl he might score a 5 on the wonderlic, and I agree Ginn doesn't run very good routes and the Packers don't need another 6' WR

What did Bowe say that made him come across as unintelligent?

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Cheesehead Craig
01-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I like Jarrett. Big WR, has very good hands and poses some great matchup problems for defenses. Comes ready made for the NFL. He seems to be where he is supposed to be and catches just about everything thrown at him. To me, that's what makes a great WR.

packers11
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
should I add a poll? There a lot of different answers, it would be fun to see who the majority favor...

Partial
01-28-2007, 10:41 PM

I think Rice is a great talent and would also be a great pick-up. I don't know what a type of player Rice is off the field, however.

Really? I've heard he is rather unimpressive. I've never seen him play, but he violates my #1 rule when drafting a receiver on the first day. Cannot come from the Gators ( err, the gamecocks now, I guess ).

hurleyfan
01-31-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm surprised no one "picked" Meachem from Tenn...

At time's he's gotten lots of hype from the media guys, but always seems to stay under the radar.. Maybe not 1st round worthy?

Partial
01-31-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm surprised no one "picked" Meachem from Tenn...

At time's he's gotten lots of hype from the media guys, but always seems to stay under the radar.. Maybe not 1st round worthy?

He's going to be a good one. It just that so is Bowe. I'd love to land them both somehow!!!

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Bowe was listed by Scouts Inc. to be among those who benefited most from the Senior Bowl. Here's what they had to say:

Benefited Most
Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
Rain-soaked conditions and poor quarterback play contributed to Bowe's quiet afternoon during Saturday's game, but his performance during the week of practice left a lasting impression on NFL brass. The 6-foot-2, 222-pound receiver wasted little time establishing himself as not only the top wideout, but also the premier offensive skill player on both rosters. If he runs well enough at next month's scouting combine, Bowe could challenge Sidney Rice (South Carolina) and Robert Meachem (Tennessee) as the fourth wide receiver taken -- in the middle of the first round -- after Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech), Ted Ginn Jr. (Ohio State) and Dwayne Jarrett (USC).

[/b]