PDA

View Full Version : Packers Hall of Fame

Brando19
01-27-2007, 03:13 PM
The Green Bay Packers announced Saturday, Jan. 27, that former WR Robert Brooks and S LeRoy Butler will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame July 21, 2007.

Well deserving I do believe!

digitaldean
01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Amen to that!

As for Leroy, first stop Packer HOF, next stop Canton.

He was a superb safety for his time. Plus all that he had to overcome just to be in football.

Bretsky
01-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Read his autobiography; great book and after reading it you'll admire Leroy the man even more

Iron Mike
01-28-2007, 09:29 AM
IIRC, Leroy Butler and Edgar Bennett attended the same high school in Jacksonville........and Leroy was the more productive of the two at RB. :lol:

KYPack
01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Both men deserve the honor.

Butler was Fritz's football "son" and ran that secondary like a coach on the field.

Robert was a pro's pro. Always prepared, never made errors, played hard.

Lee might make the HOF, I hope so.

I wanna go to Canton to see him get in.

b bulldog
01-28-2007, 06:36 PM
The 96 team has many members worthy

KYPack
01-28-2007, 09:33 PM
The 96 team has many members worthy

Reggie's in.
Favre
Butler (I hope)

Sean Jones with a maybe.

& that's about it for the HOF.

Who else for the Packer Hall?

Santana Dotson?
Desmond Howard? Travis Williams made it on a one yr wonder, so Desmond might make it.

That's it I think.

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Henderson should make it in once he retires.

b bulldog
01-28-2007, 09:55 PM
The Packers HOF will have Ken Ruettgers, Henderson,Frank Winters, Dorsey Levens,Gilbert Brown, Santana, Sean Jones , Brett,Reggie,Brooks, Desmond, Edgar and maybe Jackie but probably not Chmura. Edgar and Gilbert will make it in solely on being fan favorites and Free has an outside chance also. Fritz Shurmur should also make it.

J-Rok
01-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow, two of my favorite Packers go in at the same time. Those two were basically my heros when I was little. Great to see.

KYPack
01-29-2007, 08:30 AM
The Packers HOF will have Ken Ruettgers, Henderson,Frank Winters, Dorsey Levens,Gilbert Brown, Santana, Sean Jones , Brett,Reggie,Brooks, Desmond, Edgar and maybe Jackie but probably not Chmura. Edgar and Gilbert will make it in solely on being fan favorites and Free has an outside chance also. Fritz Shurmur should also make it.

Rut and Jacke had "political" problems and I doubt they get in.

Chew? No way

Sean Jones is probably more likely to get in the Pro Football HOF than the Packer hall. He only played 3 seasons for us, '96 being the last.

Frankie and Hendu are on the bubble, I think Frankie has the better shot of the two.

Gilbert has shown all that Packer love & he would be a great addition.

Edgar does have a shot.

Your list would mean 14 coaches and players from that club. I think there will be 6 or 7, so some from your picks won't make it.

Fritz is the only coach? What about "lonely Holmy"? Name the DC and not the HC? That might be what happens.

GBRulz
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Brooks and Butler were my favorite players in the "Favre-era", it's very deserving that they are inducted.

Heck, I might even fork out the $110 for a ticket for the inductee dinner/ceremony!

I'll never forget when Brett put a for sale sign in Brooks's yard. That was one of the funniest stories. That was one of the greatest things the SB team had....was chemistry.

b bulldog
01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
We'll see how close I end up being. My bet is that I'll be close. The 96 team will be very well represented in the Packers HOF.

HarveyWallbangers
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Winters and Henderson are shoo-ins for the Packers Hall of Fame. It really doesn't take much to get in. About 6-7 good years on a bad team and 4-5 years on a good team is about all it takes. Even Don Majokski and his 1 very good, and 2 decent, years made it.

HarveyWallbangers
01-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Desmond will probably make it based off one great year as a return man. Anybody associated with that 1996 team will be good as gold for the Packers Hall of Fame. A lot of those guys (Simmons, Howard, Jones, Dotson, etc.) wouldn't have a chance without that title.

esoxx
01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
We'll see how close I end up being. My bet is that I'll be close. The 96 team will be very well represented in the Packers HOF.

Well you're already right on Edgar Bennett since he made the Packer HOF last year.

esoxx
01-29-2007, 10:57 PM
KYPack, no way does Sean Jones get into the Pro Football HOF. Guy was actually pretty overrated for what he did here even.

KYPack
01-30-2007, 10:06 AM
KYPack, no way does Sean Jones get into the Pro Football HOF. Guy was actually pretty overrated for what he did here even.

I basically agree with ya.

Sean was a tall skinny guy who used brains, not brawn. I don't think he belongs in either Hall, but he was a very effective DE.

He had 13 sacks for Houston, then came here and had 5!

Sean was one of those players that helps ya keep the team together.

Sean helped Fritz get that '96 defense going. A good guy and decent player, but no HOF's.

KYPack
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Brooks and Butler were my favorite players in the "Favre-era", it's very deserving that they are inducted.

Heck, I might even fork out the $110 for a ticket for the inductee dinner/ceremony!

I'll never forget when Brett put a for sale sign in Brooks's yard. That was one of the funniest stories. That was one of the greatest things the SB team had....was chemistry.

I liked the one where Brett, Beebe, and Frankie (Bag O'Doughnuts) Winters trick or treated at Holmgren's house. They fooled him for awhile & he was actually pissed until he figured out who it was!

Yer right, GBM, that club clicked on so many levels, you just knew it was our year.