PDA

View Full Version : Is Marshawn Lynch packer people? Maybe not

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Cal Football Star Accused of Assault on Ex Girlfriend

OAKLAND -- A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and sexual assault.

KCBS has learned the Alameda County District Attorney is reviewing the woman's claims following an Oakland police investigation.

Lynch's attorney Gerry Schwartzbach denies the allegations.

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of December 13th. She filed the civil complaint on December 19th, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or sexual assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators.

Oakland police declined to comment, as did the deputy district attorney handling the case.

Lynch, the Pac-10 offensive player of the year and a first team All-American as a junior last season, left school early to enter the NFL draft. He is considered a likely first round draft choice. His last game for Cal was the Holiday Bowl victory over Texas A&M on December 28th. He attended Oakland Tech high school.

http://kcbs.com/pages/191060.php?contentType=4&contentId=296785

I know no charges have been filed, but I don't want drama like this on the team. I want to build a team full of people with good character.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I know no charges have been filed, but I don't want drama like this on the team. I want to build a team full of people with good character.

didnt Ahman Green have the same type of charges a few years ago?

Everyone is saying good character and everything, but lets face it, these people are young and do make mistakes, I think this should be over looked

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=321631

HarveyWallbangers
01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I didnt Ahman Green have the same type of charges a few years ago?

Everyone is saying good character and everything, but lets face it, these people are young and do make mistakes, I think this should be over looked

I think there's a difference. Coming into the league, this should send up a red flag. Ahman had been here a year or two, and had shown that he was a good teammate and a good character in the locker room. I think you'd have to look into this very closely. A lot of times this signals bad character. Not saying that a guy who was charged with this couldn't be a good teammate and learn his lesson (which Ahman seems to have done), but you can't just easily dismiss it either--just because Ahman has worked out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I didnt Ahman Green have the same type of charges a few years ago?

I think there's a difference. Coming into the league, this should send up a red flag. Ahman had been here a year or two, and had shown that he was a good teammate and a good character in the locker room. I think you'd have to look into this very closely. A lot of times this signals bad character. Not saying that a guy who was charged with this couldn't be a good teammate and learn his lesson (which Ahman seems to have done), but you can't just easily dismiss it either--just because Ahman has worked out.

I agree, with ahman he has done everything right with the packers. You can't say just because ahman did it and has been good, Marshawn will to. Marshawn hasn't even enter the league and he has problems, ahman has been in the league for over 8 years. We shouldn't get carried away, however, because he hasn't been charged, but it's something to think about come draft day none the less.

GBRulz
01-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Green was never accused of sexual assualt that I'm aware of. Not that domestic violence is ok, but I don't agree with comparing Green to an alleged rapist.

We'll just have to see how this turns out. Being accused is one thing, convicted is another.

Joemailman
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
A big difference between this and Green is that this accusation involves sexual assault, as opposed to domestic assault in the Green case. That said, Lynch hasn't even been charged with anything yet, so we'll have to wait and see. It is lucky for him that, if he is innocent, he has 3 months to clear his name before the draft. If this complaint had been filed on the eve of the draft, he could forget about the 1st round.

pack4to84
01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
after being accused of sexual assault these players never play for the Packers ever again
James Lofton
M. Cade
Mark Chmura

So Lynch just took himself off the Packers draft board.

Lurker64
01-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Probably true. Unless Lynch manages to clear his name quickly and beyond a shadow of a doubt, we probably won't even give him a look.

SlimPickens
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
As I recall Green beat up a pillow.

LEWCWA
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Couldn't sexual assault be something as simple as a pat on the ass? Now how many of our esteemed posters are guilty of sexual assault!!!

KYPack
01-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Well,

Nutroll & Murph are off the big board, for starters.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2007, 10:15 PM

Probably true. Unless Lynch manages to clear his name quickly and beyond a shadow of a doubt, we probably won't even give him a look.

depends on the combine

Lurker64
01-27-2007, 10:17 PM

depends on the combine

He could run at half the speed of light and bench press a semi-trailer, but if he's not cleared of this we wouldn't pick him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM

depends on the combine

He could run at half the speed of light and bench press a semi-trailer, but if he's not cleared of this we wouldn't pick him.

Yep, because no matter good he is, if he's a head case his talent will be wasted eventually and so will a first round pick.

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 07:34 AM
I think everybody had suspicions of his maturity when he went swerving a golf cart around a crowded field after a win. The guy seems like he doesn't have a fair sense of what is going on around him. Also, to some degree, Packer people should be intelligent, and Marshawn comes across as being dumber than a sack of rocks.

Fritz
01-28-2007, 10:47 AM
As the official head of the Bag of Rocks Society, I wish to protest your libelous assault on our character.

And let's see if Lynch is cleared before he's ruled to be off the Packer board. However, if he is cleared but TT deems him to be a selfish arse, he may well be passed by.

Zool
01-28-2007, 11:47 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=4494311This is the 3rd video I've watched with him. Maybe he just doesn't interview well but he sounds like he's had a head injury.

GrnBay007
01-28-2007, 11:51 AM
As the official head of the Bag of Rocks Society, I wish to protest your libelous assault on our character.

I always thought it was a box of rock.....when did it become a bag? :wink:

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I've always said a sack of rocks.

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 01:18 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=4494311This is the 3rd video I've watched with him. Maybe he just doesn't interview well but he sounds like he's had a head injury.

Could you imagine his speech if he had somehow won the Heisman? :shock:

Lurker64
01-28-2007, 01:37 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=sports&id=4494311

Man, at this point I think I'd rather draft a punter in the first than Lynch. I really really hope Landry or Nelson is there when we pick now. If not, trade down, for the love of god trade down.

HarveyWallbangers
01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I say box of rocks. I think that's correct because it rhymes.
:D

Joemailman
01-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I've always said Bucket Of Rocks

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein//pix/cc3/TimRockBucket-m.jpg

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Where's Tyrone? We have a topic containing rocks, he should've shown himself by now.

Partial
01-28-2007, 05:12 PM
It's definitely box of rocks, you silly sallies.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Where's Tyrone? We have a topic containing rocks, he should've shown himself by now.

Rocks...who got da rocks.

Marshawn...i'm sure it was just a case of rough sex. Bitches like to to be choked.

billy_oliver880
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Isn't there a couple people here that are all excited about Lynch? Where are they?

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Isn't there a couple people here that are all excited about Lynch? Where are they?

They'll come out. Maybe not now, but soon.

Partial
01-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Lynch is a good player. Good OL can make an average back look good. I'd rather go that route and build the other positions up.

PackerPro42
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Like mentioned before, sexual harassment can be anything from saying something that offends someone, to doing something that can't be said on this forum. And he hasn't been convicted yet, so I wouldn't go and dump if off a cliff just yet. He's still a very special player, that would fit perfect in the Packer's ZBS and the short passing game they play.

GrnBay007
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
UPDATE:

Ex-Cal star Lynch threatened to kill former girlfriend, court filings say
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, January 29, 2007

(01-29) 12:44 PST OAKLAND -- Former Cal football star Marshawn Lynch threatened to kill his former girlfriend and forced her to touch him sexually, the woman said in court filings that led a judge to issue a restraining order Friday against the presumed first-round NFL draft pick.

No criminal charges have been filed by Alameda County prosecutors, who are reviewing material submitted by Oakland police.

The woman, a 20-year-old Emeryville resident who was Lynch's high-school girlfriend, said Lynch appeared to be intoxicated when he choked and slapped her and put a hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming as the two sat in a friend's Dodge Durango outside her home on Dec. 13.

"He pulled his pants down and made me touch his genitals," she wrote in her application for a temporary restraining order that was granted Friday. "He put me in the back of the car and got on top of me. He put his hands over my mouth and threatened to kill me, because no one else can have me."

Lynch told the woman that she was supposed to have gone with him to the NFL, she told The Chronicle in an interview today.

"He told me I f -- everything up, that we were supposed to get married and 'You were supposed to come with me to the NFL,' " said the woman, who spoke today on condition of anonymity. The Chronicle does not identify people who allege they are victims of sexual assault.

Lynch, a 20-year-old former Cal running back, is widely projected to be a first-round pick in the NFL draft. On Friday, Alameda County Superior Court Judge Leo Dorado issued a restraining order against him that is effective until 2012, court records show.

Lynch has not returned repeated phone calls from The Chronicle. His attorney, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, denied any wrongdoing on the part of his client, who was not present at Friday's hearing in Oakland.

Lynch's agent, Mike Sullivan, and Cal football coach Jeff Tedford declined comment and directed calls to Schwartzbach.

On Sunday, Schwartzbach said a third person was present at the time and reported that nothing untoward occurred. The defense attorney suggested that the woman was jealous of Lynch and wanted "a piece of the notoriety and the money."

But the woman said today that the witness in question was a close friend of Lynch's who would say anything to protect him.

"I'm not after Marshawn because of jealousy or money," she said.

Lurker64
01-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Even if he's not guilty, he still comes across as dumber than a box, bag, bucket, suitcase, or vat of rocks and as such I don't want him under any circumstance.

GrnBay007
01-29-2007, 04:15 PM
wanted "a piece of the notoriety and the money."

If that were the case, wouldn't she marry him, go with him to the NFL and ask for a divorce after a year or so?

green_bowl_packer
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Charges have been dropped per profootballtalk.com

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 6:22 p.m. EST, January 29, 2007

NO CHARGES FOR LYNCH

Agent Doug Hendrickson of Octagon, who represents former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, tells us that the Alameda County district attorney will not be pursuing charges against Lynch arising from allegations that Lynch sexually assaulted a woman in Oakland on December 13, 2006.

Last week, a judge entered a restraining order against Lynch at the woman's request. But that decision is irrelevant to the question of whether he will face any type of prosecution for the alleged misdeeds. Per the prosecuting attorney for the county in which the action allegedly occurred, no charges will be filed, which means that the case is closed.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the woman in question from filing a civil suit against Lynch, if she so chooses. The standard of proof is significantly lower in civil proceedings, where any liability would be addressed via an award of money damages.

Lynch is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and likely will be taken in the first round.

BallHawk
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
(01-29) 6:42 EST, Cincinnati --The Cincinnati Bengals are rigorously trying to find a team in the top 15 to swap 1st picks with, ESPN's Sal Palintonio reports. General Manager Mike Brown has been working the phones all day calling teams such as the Packers, Steelers, and Rams.

"He really fits the character of this team," coach Marvin Lewis said. "He really represents what this team is about. He would love Cincinnati."

PackerPro42
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Why would the Bengals go after him when they have Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry?

MJZiggy
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Psssttt! (I think he was joking...)

BallHawk
01-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, I guess it was convincing. :D

Lurker64
01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Well, I guess it was convincing. :D

It made so little actual sense that because it was the Bengals, I wasn't sure that it wasn't actually true.