PDA

View Full Version : Who's it gonna be??

GrnBay007
01-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Cheering for the Colts or Bears ...or don't care?

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Really, when it comes down to it I don't care one bit. The only time I ever cheer for another team is when it helps the Packers get into the playoffs. I know it's the Bears and all, but I find it hard to get emotional about a game not involving the Packers.

Bretsky
01-27-2007, 11:59 PM
My view will be up on the website regading this very very shortly

oregonpackfan
01-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Cheer for the Bears? Never!

Go Colts!

GBRulz
01-28-2007, 12:17 AM
the commercials will probably be the most exciting thing! Personally, I don't really care either way who wins.

the_idle_threat
01-28-2007, 02:07 AM
In my case, it's who do I cheer against? I actually think I dislike the Rex Grossman and the Bears less than I dislike Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. I won't be rooting for either team, and deep down I would love for it to end in a tie. There will be a winner, however, so I guess I'll be less dissatisfied if the Bears manage to win.

Here's hoping for a really sloppy game, with ugly turnovers and a record number of penalties. If these two teams have to be in the Super Bowl, then I want it to be remembered as the worst Super Bowl ever, where neither team actually wins the game, but rather one team manages to play slightly worse than the other and there is a winner by default.

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 07:20 AM
how easy some forget

GrnBay007
01-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I won't be "cheering" for either team to win, however, I don't want Manning to win and put him any closer to Favre's records.

I've been told my reasoning is selfish and I'm putting Favre above the Green Bay Packers. :roll: If that's the case, so be it for one day. :twisted:

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:27 AM
I won't be "cheering" for either team to win, however, I don't want Manning to win and put him any closer to Favre's records.

I've been told my reasoning is selfish and I'm putting Favre above the Green Bay Packers. :roll: If that's the case, so be it for one day. :twisted:

Not selfish; your reasoning is anti Packer.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:27 AM

Cheers,
B

Brando19
01-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm cheering for the Bears for one reason and one reason only...in hopes that this destroys them. Very often Super Bowl winners fall apart,(Pittsburgh last year) and some of the players toy with the idea of going to other teams.

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 09:50 AM
As long as Manning gets one ring, and only one, then I am OK with that. Also, Marvin isn't going to get one without Peyton getting one and Marvin has made a great contribution to the sport. And there is no justice if Rex gets as many SB rings as Favre, playing like he is now.

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm cheering for the Bears for one reason and one reason only...in hopes that this destroys them. Very often Super Bowl winners fall apart,(Pittsburgh last year) and some of the players toy with the idea of going to other teams.

Success ruins teams just as much as championships. The reasons to cheer for the Bears to get destroyed FAR outweight any benefits of our most bitter rival winning a World's Title.

Honestly I find it unbelievable that a Packer fan would cheer for that.

I'm sure Mad will soon be posting the newest article addressing this soon.

If those mutiple Latina's would stop giving him so much action he'd get up earlier.

Then again if I had that happening I'd never get out of bed.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 09:56 AM
As long as Manning gets one ring, and only one, then I am OK with that. Also, Marvin isn't going to get one without Peyton getting one and Marvin has made a great contribution to the sport. And there is no justice if Rex gets as many SB rings as Favre, playing like he is now.

You might be too young to have developed Packer Hatred toward the Bears since you've mostly seen Favre domination in your time.

GrnBay007
01-28-2007, 10:28 AM

Cheers,
B

:evil:

BallHawk
01-28-2007, 10:38 AM

You might be too young to have developed Packer Hatred toward the Bears since you've mostly seen Favre domination in your time.

Did I come across as rooting for the Bears?

4and12to12and4
01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I cannot believe how many so far have voted that they want the Bears to win, or that they don't care. How can you not root against your hated rival? Listen, I live in the Chicagoland area, and I'll tell you that these people here are SO excited about the possibility of winning Lombardi's trophy, it makes me sick to my stomach. I felt like turning the phone off after both playoff games, and now some of my friends who love the Bears want to watch the game at my house (only for my bigscreen). I told them I have to think about it and will probably turn them down because I DO NOT want them around if the Bears win.

For those here who "don't care" who wins, let me just say that one great argument that we Packer fans have had against Bear fans these last ten years is that when they talk about the '85 team, they are just livin' in the past. Well, thats what they will be saying to us if they lift that trophy Sunday.

And, just as important, any time we bring up the greatness of Favre, they will counter with, "yeah, he was great, again, how many Superbowls did he win, oh, yeah, the same number as Grossman".

Also, and even more importantly, think about if the Bears make the playoffs next year, which is very possible, they will be keeping the same team together for the most part ... if they win the whole ting this year, and have a great season next year, and make it into the playoffs, we will start hearing the word "dynasty" all over the place, Bears fans, ESPN, you name it.

And, furthermore, by them winning Sunday, it means that every friggin' game they play next year, the announcers and everybody else will be qualifying them not as the Chicago Bears, but as the "reigning world champion Chicago Bears". Does anyone here want to hear that crap all year?

Lastly ... and I know this is an official rant at this point, someone had to do it ... if they win this year, and make it to the playoffs next year, that means they will have a chance of winning two Superbowls in a row, and that will succeed what the Packers have done in Favre's brilliant career. Heck, even if they make it next year and only win one of two, they have equaled our success during Favre's run. (This is, of course, assuming that Favre doesn't win another one, but that goes without saying if the Bears are back in next year).

Don't you people see what's happening here? This isn't just some game not involing the Packer's, this is HISTORY for the love of Pete (sorry Pete). These are the moments in sports that repeat themselves in conversations for years and decades to come. I don't want to hear about whether the '06 Bears are better than the '96 Packers. And, by the way, if that argument comes up, good luck winning, when, they will have beaten a much better team in the Superbowl than we did. So, Packer fans, let's think hard and long about the long term of this game Sunday. By them losing, our '96 team was better by fault because WE WON THE TROPHY AND THEY DIDN'T.

Maybe you don't live next to Bear's fans, but if for no other reason mentioned above, how about rooting against the hated Bears just for us Packer fans who live in the center of the evil lair?! Think of us as you're watching the game, knowing that our Bear fan friends are but a phone call, or maybe even a couch cushion away, waiting to rub this victory in our face without prejudice. For that reason alone, the Bears must go down Sunday!!

4and12to12and4
01-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bearsfanforever
01-28-2007, 03:38 PM
DA BEARS!!!!

SEXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx3iOihZDM

GrnBay007
01-28-2007, 04:12 PM
DA BEARS!!!!

SEXY

Well, I watched 2 min. of it.........that was pretty gross! some weird obsession with mustard while singing about the bears. go figure.

bearsfanforever
01-28-2007, 04:17 PM
DA BEARS!!!!

SEXY

Well, I watched 2 min. of it.........that was pretty gross! some weird obsession with mustard while singing about the bears. go figure.
Sorry, this one is better.

http://www.dabearz.com/multimedia/data/532/Produce_25.mpg

Still waiting to finish it up.

Bretsky
01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I cannot believe how many so far have voted that they want the Bears to win, or that they don't care. How can you not root against your hated rival? Listen, I live in the Chicagoland area, and I'll tell you that these people here are SO excited about the possibility of winning Lombardi's trophy, it makes me sick to my stomach. I felt like turning the phone off after both playoff games, and now some of my friends who love the Bears want to watch the game at my house (only for my bigscreen). I told them I have to think about it and will probably turn them down because I DO NOT want them around if the Bears win.

For those here who "don't care" who wins, let me just say that one great argument that we Packer fans have had against Bear fans these last ten years is that when they talk about the '85 team, they are just livin' in the past. Well, thats what they will be saying to us if they lift that trophy Sunday.

And, just as important, any time we bring up the greatness of Favre, they will counter with, "yeah, he was great, again, how many Superbowls did he win, oh, yeah, the same number as Grossman".

Also, and even more importantly, think about if the Bears make the playoffs next year, which is very possible, they will be keeping the same team together for the most part ... if they win the whole ting this year, and have a great season next year, and make it into the playoffs, we will start hearing the word "dynasty" all over the place, Bears fans, ESPN, you name it.

And, furthermore, by them winning Sunday, it means that every friggin' game they play next year, the announcers and everybody else will be qualifying them not as the Chicago Bears, but as the "reigning world champion Chicago Bears". Does anyone here want to hear that crap all year?

Lastly ... and I know this is an official rant at this point, someone had to do it ... if they win this year, and make it to the playoffs next year, that means they will have a chance of winning two Superbowls in a row, and that will succeed what the Packers have done in Favre's brilliant career. Heck, even if they make it next year and only win one of two, they have equaled our success during Favre's run. (This is, of course, assuming that Favre doesn't win another one, but that goes without saying if the Bears are back in next year).

Don't you people see what's happening here? This isn't just some game not involing the Packer's, this is HISTORY for the love of Pete (sorry Pete). These are the moments in sports that repeat themselves in conversations for years and decades to come. I don't want to hear about whether the '06 Bears are better than the '96 Packers. And, by the way, if that argument comes up, good luck winning, when, they will have beaten a much better team in the Superbowl than we did. So, Packer fans, let's think hard and long about the long term of this game Sunday. By them losing, our '96 team was better by fault because WE WON THE TROPHY AND THEY DIDN'T.

Maybe you don't live next to Bear's fans, but if for no other reason mentioned above, how about rooting against the hated Bears just for us Packer fans who live in the center of the evil lair?! Think of us as you're watching the game, knowing that our Bear fan friends are but a phone call, or maybe even a couch cushion away, waiting to rub this victory in our face without prejudice. For that reason alone, the Bears must go down Sunday!!

BINGO; GREAT POST

YOU GET IT

YOU WILL LOVE MY ARTICLE ONCE MAD POSTS IT