PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone, Internet, Television Services

Partial
01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Any of you guys do any bundle deals with one company that gives you TV, Internet, Cell Phone, etc?

I am just wondering what company would offer the best bundle. I live in Milwaukee, so any of the major service providers work for me.

I wouldn't need home-phone services, but if it was included and kept the price low enough, than I wouldn't be opposed.

I would like to have two TV's connected to HD receivers, with one being a DVR.

Any of you guys have any thoughts on this matter?

Partial
01-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Anyone know that if you get Dish Network HD, do you get the local channels in HD like Fox and CBS for the football games?

chewy-bacca
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
my dad just dumped Dish b\c they did not offer local here in Fla. He went with them before this season b\c they have NFL network, but no HD local got to him as the season went on. So before the playoffs he had them remove it and went back to Bright House. He has TV, internet, and "digital" phone with them, and is happy.

I think the cell phone is the kicker here. Down here anyway, it would be hard. You would have to give up something in one of the services to make it work.

Partial
01-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I wish some company would ditch the digital phone and go with a solid cellular plan because with services such as Skype becoming more popular, the need for a home-phone service is unnecessary.

I do want local HD, and I also want other HD channels. I do not require all those movie channels, though. I would foresee myself getting Netflix over that, as it is equivalent in price and offers more choices.

GBRulz
01-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Partial, AT&T is going to be your best deal for combining services.

I have the 3MB DSL package (very reliable connection)
Dish 120 channel package w/ dual tuner DVR (no HD since my neighbors birch tree is in the way) HD would be $20 a month extra for like 15 channels
Home phone w/3 features and unlimited local calling

Total each month, taxes included $95 (well, right now it's $85 because I have a $10 credit the first 10 months from Dish)

I work in the telecommunications industry and I can tell you to wait about 4-5 months and you'll see naked DSL for about $25 a month from a couple different providers, AT&T is one of them. They really want to take a chunk of cable internet customers.

Partial
01-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Dish 120 channel package w/ dual tuner DVR (no HD since my neighbors birch tree is in the way) HD would be $20 a month extra for like 15 channels

Total each month, taxes included $95 (well, right now it's $85 because I have a $10 credit the first 10 months from Dish)

I work in the telecommunications industry and I can tell you to wait about 4-5 months and you'll see naked DSL for about $25 a month from a couple different providers, AT&T is one of them. They really want to take a chunk of cable internet customers.

I'll have to let my mother know this. I won't be getting my own place for like a year. I'm looking into this for her. Hopefully within a year FiOS will be available in more places!!!!!!!

BallHawk
01-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't know if you have it in MKE, but down here we get Cable, TV, and phone for 30 bucks a month, from Comcast. It's a pretty sweet deal.

GBRulz
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I don't know if you have it in MKE, but down here we get Cable, TV, and phone for 30 bucks a month, from Comcast. It's a pretty sweet deal.

That's gotta be a promo deal. I know alot of friends who have Comcast and they are one of the most expensive providers out there. One says his bill is over $60 a month with taxes. That's all he gets from Comcast, just internet. That's crazy.

I know the bundle package up here with Time Warner is about $109 a month, plus taxes. Although I think they are running a promo for $99 for the first 6 months.

GBRulz
01-29-2007, 09:19 AM

I'll have to let my mother know this. I won't be getting my own place for like a year. I'm looking into this for her. Hopefully within a year FiOS will be available in more places!!!!!!!

Yeah, I mean you can check Time Warner, too. But I think you'll be paying about $30 more a month for the same services. Promotions change all the time though!

Forget about Fios if you live in AT&T land !!! :cry:

Partial
01-29-2007, 09:45 AM

Yeah, I mean you can check Time Warner, too. But I think you'll be paying about $30 more a month for the same services. Promotions change all the time though!

Forget about Fios if you live in AT&T land !!! :cry:

I hold onto my hope that Google decides they want to take over the world and are in fact doing something special with the boat load of dark fibre they have. It would be very, very wonderful if they started laying that out and gave the people internet!!

With the new, awesome integration of their office tools in GMail, I think we're on the verge of an entire web-based Google OS. That, completed with GoogleNet would be pretty darn awesome!!