PDA

View Full Version : Yes, the homepage has a new article....

MadtownPacker
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Check it out! (http://www.packerrats.com)

red
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
wheres kiera?

nothing like being preached to. its a guy standing on a soap box telling everyone why he's right and they're wrong about everything. based on his opinions

Zool
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I guess that was the idea Red, but I felt like I was being talked down to even if I agreed with some of it.

Merlin
01-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Yep, that's what I did! I got up behind the alter and preached down to the masses. My shit doesn't stink but yours does.

If you feel that way then maybe you need some psychological tests run. Your "feelings" aren't my concern, it's an article. It doesn't take a shot at anyone in particular and even pokes fun at me (the only one singled out). But of course the only thing you can do is come up with some blind rhetoric about feeling talked down to. That is one of the signs of having a lack of self esteem. Now since you misinterpreted the article, let me make this clear: I didn't say you have a lack of self esteem, just that it can be a sign of that.

Make sure you spin that too.

I am one of the people who gets bashed the most on here and no one gives a rats ass what I feel so welcome to reality boys! Opinions are one thing, attacking someone is another. I do not attack although I have been attacked and provoked to attack. I respect your right to your own opinion as you should respect mine. If you don't like my articles, here's a news flash for you DON'T READ THEM! You have that right too AND you won't hurt my feelings one bit.

Zool
01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
All I was trying to point out is that you wrote an opinion piece.

Well apparently I dont have the right to express my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Merlin
01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Excuse me for taking the words in your post and taking the verbatim meaning. Had I known I needed to get that hidden meaning out of it I would have looked harder.

AtownPackFan
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Strange, I didn't get the feeling at all that I was being talked down to in the article. Maybe because I agree with most of what was being said.

Anyway, nice to see something new on the front page.

Partial
01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Mad I am at school but I will write something for you to throw up there.

Partial
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Excuse me for taking the words in your post and taking the verbatim meaning. Had I known I needed to get that hidden meaning out of it I would have looked harder.

You seem to have an awfully hard time taking any criticism but no problem dishing it out. We nerds stick together.

CaptainKickass
01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Opinions Schminions

All I know is this:

It's about time we got at least a partial shot of a "packer" in the photo on the front page.

The article, as an opinion piece, was a good read.

"General Grammar says"

Not picking on anyone here, but I've seen it mis-used by several posters on the board. But as an editorial grammar thing - this is a pet peeve:

In this statement: "The point is moot"

The correct spelling is "moot" not "mute"

"Mute" = not emitting or having sound of any kind

Such as - being a person who cannot speak, or when you hit the mute button on your TV so you can hear the doorbell or the phone ringing.

"Moot" = of little or no practical value or meaning as in "The point is moot."

The General now returns you to your regularly scheduled posting.

:D

Zool
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
The point is moo

K-town
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
The point is moo

It's a moo point. It's what cows think - noone cares. :P

More grammar:
"Here" = a place/location
"Hear" = 1) listening or detecting sounds, 2) referencing another's speech, actions, etc ["I HEAR that that dude was a real wanker"]

The above is a respectful tip o' the cap to General Grammar.

That is all.

Packnut
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
The reason for articles like this is to stimulate conversation. We all have varying opinions and as was well stated, we all have the Pack in our hearts.

That said, I do have a few differences of opinion which is only natural. I also agree Barnett gets way to much criticism. He's a little bit above average, but let's be honest. When you watch Urlacher drop in pass coverage and then watch Nick, you see a HUGE difference. Our biggest LB weakness is pass coverage. Now you can hide your LB's weakness by using the saftey to cover but when you have the slowest saftey on this earth, your screwed.

I totally agree with the analysis on Hawk. It's way to early to annoint this guy as a stud LB. I know most fans want so much for this guy to succeed that his weakness is over-looked. He need's to get a lot stronger. We was pushed back way to many times last season.

As far as the O line goes, I fail to understand why most believe the line was good. First off, there are 2 reasons why Favre was sacked so little. Brett has an uncanny ability to feel pressure and move. 2nd, when you max protect 90% of the time, you should have much fewer sacks. Giving the O line any credit for the sack total is a HUGE stretch. Also as far as the run game goes, there were way to many games where it SUCKED. Let's give these guys an off-season to get stronger and then see how they are next season BEFORE we make any realistic analysis one way or the other.

As far as KGB goes, that ship has sailed. He makes to much to cut so keep him as a 3rd down rusher and then move Jenkins inside.

Yes Woodson is over-paid but that goes for a lot of guys in the league. TT had no choice cause CB was a huge weakness for us. He made the right call on Woodson and deserves credit.

Good article and well written. Keep em coming!

Chester Marcol
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I visit PackerRats for the articles about as much as I buy Playboy for the articles. To me, the articles here are just posts without the chance of any discussion. Unless Patler starts a State of the Salary Cap weekly, every article is just someone's opinion. They add little insite other than into what that person's opinion is. And for an article to call out others' opinions just because they have an uncontested forum to say so is pure crap.

Mad, you've created one of the best areas for a good group of people. The training camp material here is off the charts good. We are lucky enough to have great people attending the events and then come back to report to those of us who can't get there. However, you should kill the articles. Keep the opinions to the forum. Let people feel self rightous somewhere else. If I want to hear how wrong I am and how right someone else is, I'll go back and chat with Tex.

Merlin
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM

You seem to have an awfully hard time taking any criticism but no problem dishing it out. We nerds stick together.

I don't have a hard time taking criticism, but I do have a hard time understanding why people go out of their way to take something and read so much into it. It's kind of players on Madden '07 who think their rating and whether or not they win a game is worth destroying the fun for everyone else. Like people who actually wants to see a game with a lot of plays and different views vs. the same 4 plays and defense over and over and over again. The object isn't to beat Madden and it's glitches, the object is to adjust to your opponent and beat them. Same logic applies here.

Packnut
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I visit PackerRats for the articles about as much as I buy Playboy for the articles. To me, the articles here are just posts without the chance of any discussion. Unless Patler starts a State of the Salary Cap weekly, every article is just someone's opinion. They add little insite other than into what that person's opinion is. And for an article to call out others' opinions just because they have an uncontested forum to say so is pure crap.

Mad, you've created one of the best areas for a good group of people. The training camp material here is off the charts good. We are lucky enough to have great people attending the events and then come back to report to those of us who can't get there. However, you should kill the articles. Keep the opinions to the forum. Let people feel self rightous somewhere else. If I want to hear how wrong I am and how right someone else is, I'll go back and chat with Tex.

Most of the stuff on JSO and Packernews.com is just the writer's opinion. They through in a few quotes but writers are seldom objective. You stated the articles give no chance for discussion, yet you can do so in this thread. I see no harm in ANYONE writing an article or opinion and have it open for discussion. I thought that was the purpose for this forum- to share, discuss, debate, argue and inform about anything Packer and football related?

If I want hard facts, I'll read ESPN or SI. I for one appreciate anyone who voices their opinion here. (well almost anyone). :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
01-29-2007, 04:05 PM
And we all appreciate it when you post Packnut. Yes, your beautiful.. topless posts... GAH! lost another keyboard to the drool! Damn you Packnut, you and your topless... breathtaking... posts

Packnut
01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
And we all appreciate it when you post Packnut. Yes, your beautiful.. topless posts... GAH! lost another keyboard to the drool! Damn you Packnut, you and your topless... breathtaking... posts

My friend, nothing I post makes any sense or means anything. I know nothing about football. I just post as an excuse to see my fantasy wives! :lol:

Charles Woodson
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM

My friend, nothing I post makes any sense or means anything. I know nothing about football. I just post as an excuse to see my fantasy wives! :lol:

wait so im still lost, are they all one person??

MJZiggy
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM

So noted.... :!:

Bretsky
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
For the most part nearly all good points; nice to see Merlin backing off on his Woodson tirade of a while back. IMO that article was overwhelmingly negative and not fair. Bottom line is Woodson is put in a position to be a playmaker since he's covering the #2 WR every week, and at bare minimum he had a very very solid second half of the season.

I'm not quite as high on the OL though; MM covered that group up way too often by keeping extra blockers in. That, along with TT not providing Favre with sufficient receiving help resulted in most of the offensive struggles.

I'm still down the middle on that group.

But overall, again a good read and nice points.

B

Scott Campbell
01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
.........no one gives a rats ass what I feel.........

Clever use of the site theme - kudos!

Merlin
01-30-2007, 09:01 AM
.........no one gives a rats ass what I feel.........

Clever use of the site theme - kudos!

LOL......someone got it? I can't believe it!

pittstang5
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Merlin, I applaud you for a good article, not to mention something different to read in this slow time of year. You bring up some good opinions, I agree with most of them.

One part of your article I'd like to add to or express my opinion on concerned the Marquad Manuel situation. I too believe that TT messed up with this guy and he should just bite the bullet and let him go. I don't think he fits this system, he's just too slow. (I do like the way he hits, when he's actually there to hit someone) Anyway, you mentioned Culver as Collins' partner at the safety postion in the near future. I, on the other hand, think Underwood will be the guy next year. Granted, he was hurt early this year, but the guy was tearing it up in practice and pre-season prior to the injury. True, that doesn't mean didly squat, but I look forward to seeing him rebound and hoping he pushes Manuel out the door.

Thanks again for a good read.

Packnut
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM

wait so im still lost, are they all one person??

Their names are Rachel Hunter, Rebecca Romijn and Daniela Pestova. In my fantasy world I'm married to all 3.

Merlin
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Merlin, I applaud you for a good article, not to mention something different to read in this slow time of year. You bring up some good opinions, I agree with most of them.

One part of your article I'd like to add to or express my opinion on concerned the Marquad Manuel situation. I too believe that TT messed up with this guy and he should just bite the bullet and let him go. I don't think he fits this system, he's just too slow. (I do like the way he hits, when he's actually there to hit someone) Anyway, you mentioned Culver as Collins' partner at the safety postion in the near future. I, on the other hand, think Underwood will be the guy next year. Granted, he was hurt early this year, but the guy was tearing it up in practice and pre-season prior to the injury. True, that doesn't mean didly squat, but I look forward to seeing him rebound and hoping he pushes Manuel out the door.

Opps, my bad. I forgot all about Underwood. However, He does have a problem staying healthy. I think between him and Culver it could be a good battle.

Charles Woodson
01-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Opps, my bad. I forgot all about Underwood. However, He does have a problem staying healthy. I think between him and Culver it could be a good battle.

yes merlin i really dissagreed with your article on CW, but it this was a good article none the less, its always nice to see it from someone elses point of view, and on the underwood and collins thing, im really hoping we get Reggie nelson or brandon Merriweather. Nelson is a hawk imo and he could get us some turnovers