PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Gun was This?

MJZiggy
01-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow, that bullet went a long way...

Gun Discharges, Striking Man in Bathroom
Jan 29th - 10:11pm

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - A man accidentally discharged a new pistol he was unfamiliar with, firing a bullet that nicked his arm and eventually ended up striking a man using the bathroom in another building, police said.

However, since the bullet traveled through two walls, across a courtyard and ricocheted off a shower wall, it left only a small bruise on the chest of the man it hit and did not require treatment, police said.

"It's one of those freak happenings," police Sgt. Mark Trimble said Monday.

The incident occurred about noon Sunday.

Trimble said Erick Hovermale of Casper was cited for misdemeanor discharging a firearm in city limits.

___

Information from: Star-Tribune, http://www.casperstartribune.net

(Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Iron Mike
01-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Off topic, but I wonder if Tank Johnson has found the local gun shop now that he's in Miami???? 8)

red
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
walls are really pretty thin, and easy to puch through, so this doesn't shock me much

it its a neighbor living 20 feet away, you have 2 layers of drywall or plaster, (one on each house), 2 sheets of plywood, and i'm guessing vinal siding. and some insulation. i've thrown my hammer through those things before so a bullet wouldn't have much of a problem

i'd guess a .22 could poke through that stuff pretty easy

retailguy
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
i've thrown my hammer through those things before

Have you considered "anger management?".... :twisted:

retailguy
01-30-2007, 06:53 PM
*$*%*$*#*#* double POST...

Iron Mike
01-30-2007, 06:56 PM
*$*%*$*#*#* double POST...

Have you considered throwing a hammer at your keyboard?? :P

red
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
i've thrown my hammer through those things before

Have you considered "anger management?".... :twisted:

F#CK THAT HORSE SH&T, and f@ck you for bringing that up

asshole

now where was i

see iron mike has the right idea, you throw things and it releaces stress, and the need for anger management

red
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
p/s that was a joke RG

Freak Out
01-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Not surprising it just bruised the guy considering it was a pistol....even larger caliber handguns would have some trouble powering through a bunch of walls and such and still retain killing power.
Now if it was my 375 HH magnum it would be another story.....

Guiness
01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Lucky for him it wasn't that X-Ray gun from Perfect Dark :D

I bet it still hurt like a bitch. Can you imagine standing in your bathroom, and all of a sudden WHAM!

Freak Out
01-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Speaking of Ray Guns, what do you think of that ultra low bandwidth heat ray they developed for crowd control? Sounds pretty freaky....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6300985.stm

Little Whiskey
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
A few days ago i was watching a program on the Military Channel. They were talking about their new sniper rifle. It is a 50 cal, and has "neutralized target" over 2500 yards (about a mile and a 1/2) and he was hiding behind a sheet metal structure. the dude wouldn't have even heard the shot, i'm gonna guess his buddy did and got the hell out of dodge!!

Freak Out
01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
A few days ago i was watching a program on the Military Channel. They were talking about their new sniper rifle. It is a 50 cal, and has "neutralized target" over 2500 yards (about a mile and a 1/2) and he was hiding behind a sheet metal structure. the dude wouldn't have even heard the shot, i'm gonna guess his buddy did and got the hell out of dodge!!

The 2500 yard shot! Hell I thought my 400 yard shot of a Blacktail last year was good.

the_idle_threat
02-02-2007, 05:16 AM
I doubt this was a small-caliber pistol like a .22. To retain enough power after going through the wall that it can go through a second wall in the next house, I'd bet it was a magnum pistol, or maybe even a BFR. Maybe a medium-sized round like a 9mm if it was +P ammo.