PDA

View Full Version : These are just TOO good!!

packinpatland
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
• Best SB quotes ever | Dumbest SB questions/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2006/

I had tears from laughing at some of these!!!

CaliforniaCheez
01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
They didn't include my favorite from last year.
LB Porter of the Steelers was asked how the weather in Detroit would affect the game.

GBRulz
01-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Interesting quote from SB II by Herb Adderly on asking if he would rather play the game in LA or Miami. "I'll play anywhere for $15,000"

My how times have changed for a player to get excited over $15,000

oregonpackfan
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Interesting quote from SB II by Herb Adderly on asking if he would rather play the game in LA or Miami. "I'll play anywhere for $15,000"

During the Packer Glory Lombardi years, the majority of the Packer players had off-season jobs. Some of the higher paid stars like Hornung, Taylor, Nitschke, Davis, etc. did not have to work but most of them did have to work during the off season to make ends meet.

Jerry Tagge
01-31-2007, 11:40 AM

During the Packer Glory Lombardi years, the majority of the Packer players had off-season jobs. Some of the higher paid stars like Hornung, Taylor, Nitschke, Davis, etc. did not have to work but most of them did have to work during the off season to make ends meet.
Willie Davis worked for a beer distributor during the off season. He later owned that same distributorship and others. He sold it and now owns radio and TV stations.

Patler
01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
I remember when baseball and football cards listed the player's off-season job along with his height, weight and birthday. It was not unusual to see things like house painter, car salesman, etc. espectially for baseball players who sometimes even lacked high school dilpomas, let alone college degrees.

packinpatland
01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
I remember a bunch of them coming to our high school and playing in fund-raising basketball game. Dowler, Dale, Starr to name a few.

BooHoo
01-31-2007, 03:17 PM
I remember a bunch of them coming to our high school and playing in fund-raising basketball game. Dowler, Dale, Starr to name a few.

I remember something like that also. Starr wasn't at the one I attended.