PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Editorial: Packer Blasphemy

MadtownPacker
01-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Check it out..... (http://www.packerrats.com)

HarveyWallbangers
01-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Great article!

Partial
01-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Go Colts!!!

esoxx
01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Someone had to say it, and Bretsky has done a wonderful job articulating why Packer fans everywhere should be rooting for a Bears ass whipping.

Put aside your petty dislike of "the Mannings" and whatever else may annoy you about the Colts. Trust me, I don't like the Colts in the least. But at the end of the day it is a basic duty for a Packer fan to see no good fortune befall the Chicago Bears, much less win the Super Bowl!

Snap out of it man!

I don't say "go Colts", I say F*CK THE BEARS!!!!

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 06:53 AM
Amen, brother!! NO MERCY!!

BallHawk
01-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Great article, Bretsky.

CaptainKickass
01-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Here here!

Applause, applause, applause!

I vaguely recall the newspapers out of Wisconsin just before the 85 Bears Superbowl. But it seemed like, even back then - the media was pushing for everyone to "change colors" for that game.

My relatives would have none of that. Everyone put on green and gold for that game, and cheered against the Bears.

One of my uncles said this:

"Loyalty - is what makes a rivalry"

Go Colts!

red
01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
good job B, thats the spirit

f#ck the bears

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cheesehead Craig
01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
I love you Bretsky!

Fritz
01-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Didn't Donald Driver just say he was rooting for da Bears?

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I gotta say B, you have outdone yourself with this one.

NOW WHO THE HELL IS ROOTING FOR THE BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL EM!!!!!!

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Banging the dumbbell. I love it!!

GBRulz
01-31-2007, 09:52 AM
B, that was a great article!

There are actually alot of people around GB who are cheering for the Bears to win because they represent our division. I've also heard that they want Manning to be another Marino...he may have great stats, but he'll never get his ring...alas putting Manning into one of the "greatest QB's of all time" category and surpassing Favre. I don't agree with the whole "because they are in the NFC thing", but I can side with the rant about this moving Manning into a whole new category of great QB's should he get his ring.

I think growing up with the rivalry of the Bears/Packers makes a big difference to your Bear hatred. I lived in FL up until the late 80's, so I wasn't following football like I did after I moved to WI. No internet or Sunday ticket to see the games, either. So for me, personally... I hate the Queens more than the Bears even though the rivalry is no where near as long or storied as the Packers/Bears.

Sure, my first wish is to see the Bears lose. But seeing Manning denied a ring wouldn't be the worst thing, either.

Zool
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
A tie would be the best solution.

Partial
01-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Why? Screw the Bears. I want to see them cry. Bunch of pussies, they are.

Zool
01-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Why? Screw the Bears. I want to see them cry. Bunch of pussies, they are.I havent cared this little about a SB since the Ravens/Giants in 2000. I remember when I used to love watching the SB. Now not so much.

Merlin
01-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Good article man!

This will be the first Super Bowl where I don't want either team to win. I usually root for one team. This year, I hate the Bears (actually hate their hypocritical fans more) and you know if Manning wins the Super Bowl we will NEVER hear the end of it.

I wonder how many more Super Bowls Favre would have won with a Jerry Rice or Marvin Harrison type caliber WR Corps? Not to mention pro-bowlers on the defensive side of the ball and a TE who can catch?!?!?!

Manning = Overrated, the only difference between him and his brother Eli? The talent surrounding them.

Cheesehead Craig
01-31-2007, 11:41 AM
I wonder how many more Super Bowls Favre would have won with a Jerry Rice or Marvin Harrison type caliber WR Corps? Not to mention pro-bowlers on the defensive side of the ball and a TE who can catch?!?!?!
If only Sharpe didn't get hurt...

Zool
01-31-2007, 11:49 AM
You've convinced me B. As much as I detest Peyton Manning and his 600 commercials, I hate the Bears more. So if they cant both lose, then let the Bears lose.

How about this. Manning gets benched and Sorgi comes in and wins the game for the Colts?

K-town
01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
How about this. Manning gets benched and Sorgi comes in and wins the game for the Colts?

Zool, you might just be the most brilliant man on the planet. Sorgi = PERFECT.

red
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM

no, both teams losing would be better

superfan
01-31-2007, 02:08 PM
"Decide if you want to be a Bear fan on the final game of the season. And if you do choose to wish a championship for the Packer’s most hated rival, don’t do it halfway. Paint your house in Bear loving colors and put on a Rex Grossman jersey.Then look at yourself in the mirror again, and consider what you are doing."

That's friggin' hilarious. Although if people actually do this, you will have a number of suicides on your conscience.

Packnut
01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't even fathom ANY Pack fan pulling for the Bears. I mean the thought never even entered my mind. No true die-hard Packer fan would EVER even consider it. Hell, I hope every one of my Bear loving family and friends end up sick and vomiting Sunday night cause their team plays like the putrid vermon that they are.

Don't get me wrong, I love my father dearly, and I know a Bears win would make him very happy, HOWEVER Vince would roll over in his grave if I even considered wanting a Bears win to make my dad happy.

I can proudly say NOTHING on this earth could EVER make me want the Bears to win ANY game, much less a SB game.

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Apparently Bears fans aren't as confident as you might think:

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/SF1-1a.jpg

TopHat
01-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Live From Soldier Field...

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/SF1-1.html PIC

OR POLL

http://www.packerpalace.com/index2.html

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Someone had to say it, and Bretsky has done a wonderful job articulating why Packer fans everywhere should be rooting for a Bears ass whipping.

Put aside your petty dislike of "the Mannings" and whatever else may annoy you about the Colts. Trust me, I don't like the Colts in the least. But at the end of the day it is a basic duty for a Packer fan to see no good fortune befall the Chicago Bears, much less win the Super Bowl!

Snap out of it man!

I don't say "go Colts", I say F*CK THE BEARS!!!!

Amen

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 08:25 PM
I must admit this was the most enjoyable article I ever wrote.

Probably because it came from the heart with absolutely no research whatsoever. Any info in that article came from memories, good or bad.

Iron Mike
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
http://photos-545.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v63/65/5/6842593/n6842593_35817545_4199.jpg

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
http://photos-545.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v63/65/5/6842593/n6842593_35817545_4199.jpg

LMAO; this is an amazing pic Iron Mike

:worship: :glug:

Fosco33
01-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Screw the baby bears - send them back to another 2 decades of failure.

Scott Campbell
02-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Finally - the voice of reason. Outstanding piece B. Gotta love Paker fans holding other Packer fans accountable for their Vince given responsibilities.

Scott Campbell
02-01-2007, 01:06 AM
The only thing that could have made this article better was if you turned down a Bear fan for a home loan this week.

DENIED - just like your stupid team on Sunday.

prsnfoto
02-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Great read Bretsky, I saw my mom this last weekend and she couldn't figure out why I said I wanted the Bears to lose 56-3, I pointed out the Fridge and how that was a deliberate attempt to embarrass us she says"those bastards I forgot about that". I hope she is back in our corner. GO COLTS!!

woodbuck27
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I absolutely hate this matchup.

It's the worst matchup I've experienced in Super Bowl History and I don't even care to watch the game.

Now there's a ton of publicity supporting the Bears here this week if your a Canadian, because ** DT Israel Idonije that has some roots or family with Canadian citizenship, but that doesn't ring me up either.

I hate the Colts and I hate the Bears. I generally pull for the NFC team but this season it'd too difficult to go there.

** Israel Idonije . . . COLLEGE:

As a senior in 2002, led Manitoba Bisons with career-high 9 sacks and 31 tackles en route to team MVP honors... Also named Canada West All-Star, CIS first-team All-Canadian selection, Manitoba Male Athlete-of-the-Year and the 2002 Canada West J.P. Metras Trophy winner, for outstanding lineman in Canadian University Football... Invited to play in 2003 East-West Shrine Bowl in San Francisco... In 2001, burst onto scene with 6 sacks, ranking 2nd in Canada West and tied for 4th in CIS, and 22 tackles at defensive tackle... Named 2001 Canada West All-Star and CIS first-team All-Canadian... Had 1 sack among 5 tackles in 2000... Majored in arts.

PERSONAL:

Named the winner of the H.L. Krug Crawford Award, emblematic of sporting excellence in Western Manitoba, making him the first ever football player to receive the recognition... Named the Manitoba Male Athlete-of-the-Year by the Manitoba Sportswriters and Sports Broadcasters Association in 2002... Born in Lagos, Nigeria.

RashanGary
02-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Nice artical Bretsky.

For the last 12 years that I really remember football, we've dominated the Bears.

Their fans have been very quite and the rivalry wasn't really a rivalry.

Well, now I'm getting a taste of how classless and loud Bears fans really are the one time they are acctually near the top.

I'm seeing the light Bretsky. It just took a couple Bears wins to wake up the loud mouthed idiotic Bears fans.

bbbffl66
02-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Best thing I've read...Ever!!!

Bretsky
02-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Great read Bretsky, I saw my mom this last weekend and she couldn't figure out why I said I wanted the Bears to lose 56-3, I pointed out the Fridge and how that was a deliberate attempt to embarrass us she says"those bastards I forgot about that". I hope she is back in our corner. GO COLTS!!

Thanks and I agree, go Colts !!

Bretsky
02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice artical Bretsky.

For the last 12 years that I really remember football, we've dominated the Bears.

Their fans have been very quite and the rivalry wasn't really a rivalry.

Well, now I'm getting a taste of how classless and loud Bears fans really are the one time they are acctually near the top.

I'm seeing the light Bretsky. It just took a couple Bears wins to wake up the loud mouthed idiotic Bears fans.

Thanks Greg; I know for many fans they didn't see the Bear Packer hatred. It's more than full in my head. Everybody should know the ugly history over the past 25 years

Iron Mike
02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Agreed. This should be required reading for all:

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/NFL/50_mudbaths_web_correct.JPG