PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Why do I have to Log in everytime.

prsnfoto
01-31-2007, 08:47 AM
I click the leave logged in box but have to sign in everytime. Mad help.

bigcoz75
01-31-2007, 08:52 AM
I have the same problem.

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Just a question, but if you leave the logged in box checked are you not supposed to log out? I thought I remembered something about that but what the hell do I know anyway?

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I've had the same problem ever since the deletion problem a couple of weeks ago. Clearing cookies, which was recommended, did not help.

red
01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
i had that problem for months

then i deleted all my temporary internet files, and all the cookies, then i bitched to mad

now it works fine, one of those 3 things is the key

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:13 AM
1. Close Browser
2. Open Browser
3. Clear all temporary internet files, cookies, history.
4. Close Browser.
5. Open Browser.
6. Navigate to Packerrats.
7. Type in username and password.
8. Click check box.
9. Click log-in.
10. Done.

If you log-in in more than one location you will have to re-log-in once on every computer after you use your account on another computer.

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:14 AM

then i deleted all my temporary internet files, and all the cookies, then i made mad my bitch

T, FTFY :shock: :D :P :evil:

red
01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
LOL

well that too

hurleyfan
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM

then i deleted all my temporary internet files, and all the cookies, then i made mad my bitch

FTFY :?: :?:

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Don't feel bad...I don't know what it means either... :huh:

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
1. Close Browser
2. Open Browser
4. Close Browser.
5. Open Browser.
8. Click check box.
9. Click log-in.
10. Done.

If you log-in in more than one location you will have to re-log-in once on every computer after you use your account on another computer.

Nope. I tried all that today, and still have to sign in every time. Something has changed, and it's not my computer.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
OK I made a change. Anyone having this prob delete your browser cache and try it now. Please post results on this thread or PM me.

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:45 PM

FTFY :?: :?:

There, Fixed That For You. Internet nerd lingo :)

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:45 PM
1. Close Browser
2. Open Browser
4. Close Browser.
5. Open Browser.
8. Click check box.
9. Click log-in.
10. Done.

Nope. I tried all that today, and still have to sign in every time. Something has changed, and it's not my computer.

Hmmm, very weird Joe!! What browser are you using? I will look into this for you!!

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
I usually don't have it set to log me on automatically, but I did it today and it works fine for me...

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
1. Close Browser
2. Open Browser
4. Close Browser.
5. Open Browser.
8. Click check box.
9. Click log-in.
10. Done.

Hmmm, very weird Joe!! What browser are you using? I will look into this for you!!

I'm using IE 7 on the dang laptop and logging in through a wireless connection. This dind't work for me either.

The PC has always logged in automatically but the laptop never has.
Running XP on both.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm using IE 7 on the dang laptop and logging in through a wireless connection. This dind't work for me either.

Running XP on both.

Upgrade your brower. It's free.

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
to what browser ?

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
to what browser ?

Firefox

It's quick and easy to install.

Partial
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
to what browser ?

Firefox

It's quick and easy to install.

Yes, I use firefox and have never had this problem. I am very confused why some have this and some don't.

Bretsky
01-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Because we are afraid. Always had IE so the comfort level is there.

HarveyWallbangers
02-01-2007, 01:27 AM
You'd love Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

billy_oliver880
02-01-2007, 02:09 AM
You'd love Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Been using mozilla for 2 years or so. I love the add ons. :)

MJZiggy
02-01-2007, 07:03 AM
B, I am seriously not technical and I can tell you that Firefox is awesome. Just as easy to use as IE, but does a lot of stuff better.

GBRulz
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Not sure what mad did, but I no longer have to log in each time.

Like others, about a month ago, I started having to log-in each time I came to the site. I didn't change browsers or anything, just started happening one day. I did all the cache clearing, blah blah blah, nothing worked. Anyhow, Mad did something and it's working fine for me now.

I'm using IE7 - no problems at all.

red
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Because we are afraid. Always had IE so the comfort level is there.i'm with b

i'm on a slow computer with slow dial up, and IE works fine

i had a fast computer with dsl, and i loved firefox. in fact i had it on here and loved it. then they wanted me to update one day so new things would work. first off it took forever to download the update, then when i installed it it crashed the system, and everytime i tried to run it the thing would crash. so i had to dump it. and now i can't find the old version that did work anywhere. so i'm stuck with IE

i hate it, but it works better then the new version of firefox, and a lot better then netscape

for me anyways

HarveyWallbangers
02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I'll always avoid Micro$oft when I can. Or when they'll let me.
:bang:

Partial
02-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I'll always avoid Micro$oft when I can. Or when they'll let me.
:bang:

yep

superfan
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM

Running XP on both.

I had the same issue as Bretsky -- wasn't working on the laptop, was working on the desktop. Firefox on both.

I believe the issue is that during the brief interim after the site crash and before the site was restored, I logged in with a different username and password then I had previously, and had set the browser to remember the login.

I corrected the issue (in Firefox 2.0.0.1) by clicking Tools - Clear Private Data. Then I closed out of the browser, relaunched, went back to PR, put in the username and password and clicked the checkbox to login automatically.

In IE7, I believe the procedure would be to click Tools - Internet Options - Delete under Browsing History. Note that this procedure in both browsers will likely clear all save passwords for all sites.

Partial
02-01-2007, 03:43 PM

Running XP on both.

I had the same issue as Bretsky -- wasn't working on the laptop, was working on the desktop. Firefox on both.

I believe the issue is that during the brief interim after the site crash and before the site was restored, I logged in with a different username and password then I had previously, and had set the browser to remember the login.

I corrected the issue (in Firefox 2.0.0.1) by clicking Tools - Clear Private Data. Then I closed out of the browser, relaunched, went back to PR, put in the username and password and clicked the checkbox to login automatically.

In IE7, I believe the procedure would be to click Tools - Internet Options - Delete under Browsing History. Note that this procedure in both browsers will likely clear all save passwords for all sites.

Its the mustache.

superfan
02-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Its the mustache.

Watch it, college boy. :twisted: :taunt: