PDA

View Full Version : Driver on Jim Rome

KYPack
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Driver was on Jim Rome’s radio program Monday, he was very positive and upbeat.

When asked why the poor record at home, he said the younger players were overwhelmed and really didn’t understand the history and tradition of the Lambeau Mystique. He feels they will understand it next year, one reason why the Pack’s record will be better.

He didn’t want to give an opinion either way on Brett’s return. Two years ago, he predicted retirement and caught hell when he was wrong. Last year, he predicted Brett would come back and still got a lot of crap from the media, so this year he is neutral.

He thanked Freeman and Robert Brooks for taking him under their wing and helping become an NFL player. He was so green when he started, there was no way he would’ve made it on his own.

He picked the Bears in the Super Bowl, because he is an NFC guy.

His goal is to be the Packers all time receiver in both catches and yards. 3 solid seasons will put him there, and that’s what he intends to do.

He thinks the team was very young last year, and the added experience will allow the young guys to be a lot better. He looks for an improved record next season.

DD is a very positive, funny guy. You can tell how much fun he is to play ball with. Here's hoping he gets the record he wants and we get back into contention.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
He just said the bears would win so they will go easy on him next season. He is getting older so trash talking aint smart.

Fritz
01-31-2007, 09:35 AM
DD is one of my favorites. If there really is such a thing as "Packer people," he's it.

He might be a future head coach, too. Smart and personable.

packers11
01-31-2007, 12:40 PM
He just said the bears would win so they will go easy on him next season. He is getting older so trash talking aint smart.

yea whats why in Favre's early thirties he didn't trash talk anyone... Its more like he is saying what he felt and is a class act... We will bring in a Tank Johnson or T.O. to fit the "trash talking" needs if u want...

LL2
01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
DD is one of my favorites.

They are one of my favorites too. Who doesn't like DD's?

Zool
01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
They are 2 of my favorites?

Chester Marcol
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Since we have such a down time, we could have a Packer People Bowl. Take most people on the team as of the last game of the year, make up a bracket, and put each matchup to a vote as to who is the bigger Packer Person. Every Monday starts a new round. In just about 13 weeks, we crown a Packer Rats Packer Person of the year. WHOOPEEE. Maybe an awards banquet on ESPN4 and maybe even that person would accept their award in person, or alteast by satelite feed.

K-town
01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
ESPN2 = the Deuce
ESPN8 = The Ocho (from "Dodgeball)
Therefore: ESPN4 = The Quatro?

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Since we have such a down time, we could have a Packer People Bowl. Take most people on the team as of the last game of the year, make up a bracket, and put each matchup to a vote as to who is the bigger Packer Person. Every Monday starts a new round. In just about 13 weeks, we crown a Packer Rats Packer Person of the year. WHOOPEEE. Maybe an awards banquet on ESPN4 and maybe even that person would accept their award in person, or alteast by satelite feed.

Sounds like fun. Git 'er done. Who is doing the seeding though? You can't put Favre vs. Driver in round 1.

Chester Marcol
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Sounds like fun. Git 'er done. Who is doing the seeding though? You can't put Favre vs. Driver in round 1.

Exactly. We'd have to do like the big tennis tournaments do with Federer and Nadal and make sure people like Henderson, Driver, Kampman, or Favre don't meet until atleast the semis.

I'm not a frequent poster, so not sure how much support I can drum up, but I'd help put something together.

KYPack
01-31-2007, 04:08 PM
:jack: