PDA

View Full Version : Favre wants Moss?

LL2
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyone else seeing those NFL rumors where Favre wants GB to trade for Moss? I'm not crazy about the idea, but if it happens (which it won't) I hope Moss is only given a 1-2 yr deal.

Freak Out
01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Who quotes Favre saying he wants Moss in GB? I've never heard he said it.

red
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
this rumor started going around here a week or two ago, i think it started at packerchatters

since then we haven't heard much about it

but i would be all for bring in moss

and he wants out of oakland real bad. his new coach called him, and moss told him he didn't want to talk.

This is getting to the George Costanza point, soon moss will be out doing donuts in the parking lot dragging the Lombardi trophy behind him, while yelling into a bullhorn how much the team sucks

cpk1994
01-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Now, why would Favre say he wants the Pack to trade for Moss when he hasn't even decided yet if HE is going to be there? What an idiotic rumor.

red
01-31-2007, 01:19 PM
the rumor we heard, when it first started, was that moss wanted to come to green bay to play with favre. it never said anything about favre wanting to play with moss

red
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
heres a little mention of it from "truth and rumors", over at cnnsi.com

There have been some whispers that Brett Favre would like to see the offense upgraded and, perhaps, even have the Packers trade for disgruntled Oakland receiver Randy Moss. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

looks like there might be a little bit to this one. looks like arrigo hit on this one

Partial
01-31-2007, 01:35 PM
You guys know he is coming back, he will announce it after the super bowl is over and he gets all the spotlight. Brett likes the attention, don't kid yourselves. He always has been and always will like the spotlight.

Patler
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
You guys know he is coming back, he will announce it after the super bowl is over and he gets all the spotlight. Brett likes the attention, don't kid yourselves. He always has been and always will like the spotlight.

Some look at it just the opposite. It is disrespectful for a prominent player to make a noteworthy announcement this week and draw attention away from the Super Bowl and the players who have earned that trip. It is more appropriate to wait until after the Super Bowl.

TopHat
01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Guys, you are correct...it is floating on sportscenter of espn, jsonline, and si.com. Here is a link to the rumor for what it is worth:

Re: Sportcenter: Packers trading for Randy Moss to bring Favre

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/01/31/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Zool
01-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Whole Article

There have been some whispers that Brett Favre would like to see the offense upgraded and, perhaps, even have the Packers trade for disgruntled Oakland receiver Randy Moss. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Mike McCarthy said nothing Favre told him in a recent phone conversation led the Packers coach to think a decision on the quarterback's future was imminent.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

The ideal Falcons draft scenario would be for Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson to slip to the No. 10 pick, which at the time seems like a reach but stranger things have happened in the months, even days, leading up to a draft.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

One NFL source said Jerry Jones was "very impressed" with Mike Singletary. Still, Singletary was not contacted until after the Cowboys had interviewed seven other candidates. And Singletary was the first candidate not to speak with either former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells. Singletary quashed the idea that the Cowboys would try to hire him as a defensive coordinator.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Has the Bears' Tank Johnson stayed out of those troublesome clubs since coming to Miami? Of course not. "Let's just say I've had a very nice time here," Johnson said.
-- Los Angeles Times

Owner Jim Irsay of the Colts spent 30 days at an undisclosed treatment center in 2002 for an addiction to prescription pain medication that threatened his life. The 47-year-old Irsay told reporters at Super Bowl media day that his addiction was under control.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Two of Andy Reid's sons were questioned by police after separate traffic incidents yesterday. Garrett Reid, 23, the oldest of the Eagles coach's three sons, was involved in a serious accident yesterday afternoon in Plymouth Township, police said. Britt Reid, 21, was being investigated regarding an alleged road-rage confrontation, police confirmed.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga isn't getting in the way. That's the message he sent Tuesday regarding the futures of general manager Randy Mueller and running back Ricky Williams, noting he would be pleased to see both return to the Dolphins next season.
-- Miami Herald

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron fired defensive line coach Dan Quinn because he was unwilling to sign a contract extension beyond 2007, a source said. A source said the Dolphins are expected to hire Indianapolis defensive quality control coach Diron Reynolds as Quinn's replacement.
-- South Florida Sun-Sentinel

There have been rumbles Steve Mariucci will get back in coaching. By most indications, he prefers the NFL to college, but he wouldn't shed light on his plans.
-- Detroit News

Less than a month before the deadline by which the Bears must decide whether to secure him with a franchise tag, Lance Briggs gave his strongest indication yet that he wants to stay with the Bears. And for that reason, he will give the Bears a hometown discount.
-- Chicago Tribune

The Titans could settle on a new general manager by today, or at least have a list of finalists. Mike Reinfeldt, the Seahawks' vice president of football administration, remains a leading candidate for the job.
-- Seattle Times

Ravens running back Jamal Lewis confirmed yesterday that he had surgery a week ago to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and that those bone spurs slowed him during the 2006 season. There has been speculation that the Ravens won't pay Lewis a $5 million roster bonus, instead asking him to take a pay cut with a reduced role, or not re-sign him at all.
-- Baltimore Sun

Giants third-year safety Gibril Wilson was no match for a couple of armed toughs outside a trendy Bowery nightclub last week.
-- New York Daily News

There's some speculation the Vikings could hire Colts defensive backs coach Alan Williams as defensive coordinator after the Super Bowl.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

Brando19
01-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre reached out to coach Mike McCarthy, but did not provide an answer as to whether he will come back next season. ... What McCarthy did gather from his conversation with Favre is that his decision will come down to personal and family matters. Both McCarthy and Thompson told Favre he still has what it takes to be an effective quarterback and it appears Favre agrees. There have been some whispers that Favre would like to see the offense upgraded and, perhaps, even have the Packers trade for disgruntled Oakland receiver Randy Moss. But McCarthy said the status of the team wasn't on Favre's mind. "It really has nothing to do with the team," McCarthy said. "I think Brett's questions last year were with regards to so many new things: new coach, new staff, (new) terminology, new players. The issue of whether to play, from my understanding, really doesn't have anything to do with the team."

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm guessing many, maybe even a majority, of the rumors we hear have little factual basis. Until we have more concrete evidence to the contrary, I'll treat it as such.

Jerry Tagge
01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Favre was asked if he wanted moss and he said he wanted it for his garden. The reporter asked why he wanted Randy Moss for his garden and Favre said he wanted peat moss for his garden.

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
See? This is why he is so loved!

packers11
01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Favre was asked if he wanted moss and he said he wanted it for his garden. The reporter asked why he wanted Randy Moss for his garden and Favre said he wanted peat moss for his garden.

haha good 1 :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Did Al Al Davis start this ______?

Randy "scared to go across the middle" Moss?

Randy Dope Smokin' Moss?

Moon Moss??

Anyone who calls themselves a Packer fan would not want some low life creep in the Packer lockeroom.

I have seen every bad habit of that creep amplified in Oakland. It does not catch a ball between the numbers on the field. It runs only one route-down the sideline wanting a jump ball to out jump the defender. It is much slower than its former encarnation.

I call anyone wanting that disasterous thing in green and gold a sick demented twisted evil traitorous swine of questionable progeny. May Satan enjoy extra tortures on your soul while I squat and leave it on your defiled grave.

I shudder at the repugnant thought of a Packer uniform forever defiled.
Repent now of your evil thoughts!!! Brett would never participate with such evil!!! It is all lies!!!!

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Tell me how you really feel, California...

KYPack
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Buncha bullshit rumors,

but a lotta fun to consider.

Moss?

NFW

packers11
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
well a lot of packer fans sound like the New England fans down here when they got Corey Dillon... Living down here in New England they said he was a cancer to the team, and a lot of people did not want to buy into the fact he needed a new environment... He turned out well, he won a Superbowl with them and hasn't been an issue...

OAKLAND IS NOT! I REPEAT! NOT A NEW ENVIRONEMENT...

Who would want to run routes when your QB gets obliterated every down and doesn't even throw it were you are supposed to be???

I think Green Bay would be a good place for Moss, ONLY if Favre is there...

But hey, this is just my point of view coming from a person that lives down in New England hearing all the talk radio hosts calling Dillon a thug before he was on the pats... Now him and Maroney make a good combo and they both help each other out...

Driver/Moss??? I call that a good combo...

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
I certainly would have mixed feelings about Moss joining the Packers. However, I probably stopped being a purist to some extent when we won the Super Bowl with Jim McMahon on the roster.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Randy Dope Smokin' Moss?

Moon Moss??

Anyone who calls themselves a Packer fan would not want some low life creep in the Packer lockeroom.

I have seen every bad habit of that creep amplified in Oakland. It does not catch a ball between the numbers on the field. It runs only one route-down the sideline wanting a jump ball to out jump the defender. It is much slower than its former encarnation.

I call anyone wanting that disasterous thing in green and gold a sick demented twisted evil traitorous swine of questionable progeny. May Satan enjoy extra tortures on your soul while I squat and leave it on your defiled grave.

Repent now of your evil thoughts!!! Brett would never participate with such evil!!! It is all lies!!!!

Get off your high horse, Moss would be a HUGE benefit to the team and I'm praying they trade for him. Favre has never had that caliber of reciever before, DD at #2, Jennings at 3? imagine it, and before you call me, "not a true fan" or anything like that because i'd want the evil Moss to be on the Packers. I've been a fan my whole life, family from Wisconsin, etc., so don't question my loyalty.

The fact is, Moss takes us from 8-8 how'd they get there? to the cream of the crop in the NFC(maybe NFL, but that's asking a lot.).

Partial
02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
If they added Moss, I'd say trade up and get Peterson by giving up a first next year and make a run for Favre. I'd sign a TE in free agency, and draft a TE in the second. I'd add a safety and corner in the draft, and a corner in free agency.

They'd compete for the super bowl.

red
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
well, with favre coming back, now we can wait and see if anything happens here

a big wr, that can fly down fielf, a good TE, like the guy from the 49ers, and another Rb to go with green. and we could be scary good next year

and those 3 things are possible and might be within reach

LL2
02-02-2007, 12:40 PM

a big wr, that can fly down fielf, a good TE, like the guy from the 49ers, and another Rb to go with green. and we could be scary good next year

I would love it! The question is would TT make those moves?

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 12:51 PM

I would love it! The question is would TT make those moves?

The time is NOW !!!!!!

I see Ted Thompson having to improve OUR team just to keep up, given a more difficult schedule in 2007. Favre will play again in 2008 if he's protected from serious injury next season.

If Favre is given the weapons. There is no reason he can't QB the Packers to another Super Bowl appearance given the present state of the NFC.

TT is under scrutiny to deliver and to imagine he has carte blanche or his own timetable isn't realistic. It's all about winning.

lod01
02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
3 wide with Moss, Driver and Jennings. Moss used the way Minnesota used him his rookie year. He can't handle the dirty work that Driver/Jennings can anyway. No need for a TE except to block because none of them can catch a football. In fact, throw in Bubba Franks and the others in the Moss trade. I'm sick of watching that bum drop passes and fumble.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
If they added Moss, I'd say trade up and get Peterson by giving up a first next year and make a run for Favre. I'd sign a TE in free agency, and draft a TE in the second. I'd add a safety and corner in the draft, and a corner in free agency.

They'd compete for the super bowl.

Nah, if you get Moss, we don't we to trade away next years first to trade up for peterson. Ahman Green will be just as good as peterson will be next year. Draft defense in round one, TE round two, a CB in round 4, reisign Jenkins and Green, and trade for Moss. Thats enough to contend IMO.

Charles Woodson
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
3 wide with Moss, Driver and Jennings. Moss used the way Minnesota used him his rookie year. He can't handle the dirty work that Driver/Jennings can anyway. No need for a TE except to block because none of them can catch a football. In fact, throw in Bubba Franks and the others in the Moss trade. I'm sick of watching that bum drop passes and fumble.

Speaking of that
What if we ran something like this

Driver LINE Moss Jennings

like i never understood this, because if you put say someone like moss in as a 3rd reciver it would create Huge missmatches...

oregonpackfan
02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
If you have any doubts about my feelings of Randy Moss wearing the Green and Gold, there is NO WAY I want him joinng the Packers!

I certainly want the Packers to win but not at the risk of bringing a canerous lesion to the locker room.

OPF

MadtownPacker
02-03-2007, 12:07 PM
like i never understood this, because if you put say someone like moss in as a 3rd reciver it would create Huge missmatches...Thats exactly why this has to be done!!

Just like Woodson needed Al Harris to get QBs to throw his way moss needs DD to take heat off of him. I just dont see how this could go bad. Favre is not some chump rookie QB or even a wannabe superstar like culpepper. He is Brett DAMN Favre and no one is gonna be bigger then him on O. If Brett was down on a young talent like "traitor" walker for acting like a lil bitch about holding out then he would have no prob telling moss "go sit on the bench, I aint throwing shit your way!".

Yes moss could become a problem child but you really think Favre and guys like Henderson, Harris, Kampman, DD, and Ahman are gonna let him tear up a locker room? Hell NO!!

Then the deciding factor, Moss WANTS to play with Favre. Moss has always made it clear he thinks Favre kicks ass. He knows Favre will get him the ball. There is only one way to find out what he will do when he gets it, give him a chance!

Charles Woodson
02-03-2007, 12:20 PM
If you have any doubts about my feelings of Randy Moss wearing the Green and Gold, there is NO WAY I want him joinng the Packers!

I certainly want the Packers to win but not at the risk of bringing a canerous lesion to the locker room.

OPF

OPF wouldnt u like to see Brett get a shot at the SB?

imo Moss makes that A BIG reality.

oregonpackfan
02-03-2007, 01:23 PM

OPF

Sure, I want Brett and the Packers to perform better next year, even the prize of the Super Bowl!

Many teams have to put up with individual players of questionable character. They do so to help the team achieve the goal of winning.

There is a line, however, where players of questionable character can decisively tear a team apart. Randy Moss, IMO, is one such player. "If you play with fire, you are going to get burned." If the Packers choose to have Moss play with them, he will burn the team.

OPF

Oscar
02-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I think Moss would fit in with the Pack. However, I feel that Driver is and will continue to our #1 receiver. There will have to be some adjustments made no matter who T.T. brings in. I also think the young guys..Jennings, Holiday, and Martin have the potential to continue to grow into the system. Who knows about Robinson.. I can't see T.T. trading for Moss. If he does, fine... If not, thats fine too..

]{ilr]3
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I dont want the Packers to be like the Dallas Turdboys and pick up a pile of shit that did everything possible to offend/violate the team, fans and stadium when he played against them.

It didnt work in Dallas and it wont work here. He will destory every team he plays for just like TO.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2007, 06:48 PM

OPF

I wish some of you would give more weight to character.

BobDobbs
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that many fans care about their team winning and that is a reality. As a result character does not place highly on the priority list. I think though that chemistry is something that really should be considered.

I honestly have never considered Randy Moss to be a terrible character guy. I think alot of what shadowed him was Laurence Phillips. He was drafted the year before Moss and was a psychopath. Phillips dragged a woman down flights of stairs by her hair. Moss beat up a kid who called him the N word while in high school and failed a drug test for smoking weed. As far as the NFL goes Moss doesn't rank near the lower ranks of Character. There is no trail of violence, weapons, drug dealing, hired hitmen, etc....

However, he is terrible for team chemistry and has proved that. He is selfish, surly, and intentionally attacks teammates and coaches through the media. He has proved this without a doubt. When things go bad he makes it worse. The Packers Superbowl team went through a losing streak, before recovering. You must overcome adversity to be a Champion. He has not shown this capacity.

Lastly, his ability should rightly be questioned at this point. I'm reading that with a bunch of offensive weapons we are Superbowl bound. Moss may not be the same player who torched the Packers regularly. His last great year was 2003. Then he had two decent years and then a terrible year this past season.
The argument could be made that Oakland was horrible and self-destructing. It is a tough call. But, he played a part is that implosion, that is important. Chad Johnson had great years when Cinncinati was terrible. Sterling Sharpe had great years during the Lindy Infante era. They were on bad teams but they were dominating players and could not be denied.

The only way I want to see Randy on the team is an Andre Rison situation where he is brought in during a Super Bowl run as a short term Mercenary. Wow that was a little long winded I'd better go get a little whisky in me.

Thank you and Good Night :wink:

BobDobbs
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Feels so nice I'll say it twice. Ah the sublime joys of the double post

HarveyWallbangers
02-03-2007, 10:17 PM
However, he is terrible for team chemistry and has proved that. He is selfish, surly, and intentionally attacks teammates and coaches through the media.

I think a lot of your points are great, and I agree with the gist, but I don't think he's attacks his teammates that badly through the media. He gets frustrated when his team is losing, but generally his teammates like him. I don't think a lot of what he has said about his teammates are much worse than others players. Is it worse than Brett showing up his receivers after they run a poor route with his theatrics? A lot of it is heat of the moment. He can be surly. I think Moss is really competitive (in a way that Allen Iverson is competitive), and losing takes its toll on him. I think he's the type of guy that on a winning team and with a QB he respects can be a hell of an asset. Unlike Terrell Owens. Your other point is correct too. He's not the same Randy Moss. I still think he can be a Pro Bowl player, 1000 yard receiver, etc. However, he's not the freak he used to be.

Charles Woodson
02-03-2007, 10:18 PM

OPF

I wish some of you would give more weight to character.

Because i want Brett to go out on top...
So because tank johnsons gun charges tore his team apart?
I think that just because of the fact that he was a viking is the only reason most of you dont want him. I remember when TO was cut most of you wanted him, and dont even tell me for a minute that Moss is worse than TO. I mean just give Favre moss and let Brett spread the feild out. When teams respect your passing game as a whole (not just Driver) it opens up a whole nother world and your running game can be effective. I just want moss so Brett can go out on top. Im not saying that Just moss will do it i mean we need to add some talent in other areas but another Big time reciver will really set us apart.

mmmdk
02-04-2007, 03:03 AM
If it helps bringing Moss to GB then trade KGB (and his contract) plus a 4th rounder (maybe a 5th instead) to Raiderland for Moss.

Bretsky
02-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I think KGB still is a valuable part of our team; he can serve as a pass rushing specialist that we don't have and be effective at it.

I'm torn on Moss; at one time there was no way I'd condone bringing him in.

But I'd have no problem with it now. I want to win now.

The Packer desperately need another weapon at WR to go along with Driver and Jennings. I do believe Moss is far better then anybody we'll get in round 3 so the deal itself makes sense and we have a ton of money under the cap where that would not hurt us much.

On the other hand, I can't believe TT would bring Moss in.

B

Patler
02-04-2007, 09:11 AM

B

Why? He brought in an overpriced, frequently injured underperforming malcontent in Woodson. He brought in a character risk in Robinson. I look at Moss as different, but no more of a risk than either of those two.

There is nothing to suggest that TT will not bring in any player that he thinks can help, and that can be signed without longterm salary cap concerns.

Bretsky
02-04-2007, 09:22 AM

B

Why? He brought in an overpriced, frequently injured underperforming malcontent in Woodson. He brought in a character risk in Robinson. I look at Moss as different, but no more of a risk than either of those two.

There is nothing to suggest that TT will not bring in any player that he thinks can help, and that can be signed without longterm salary cap concerns.

My first assumption, fair or not, is that Moss will not take much of a pay cut or any. Unless TT is sitting on a huge wad of cash after spending hardly anything late in free agency like he was with Woodson, I'd be surprised if he'd take on that salary.

Secondly, I'm not convinced TT will give up draft picks for a proven player to win bit in the short term. I'll be fine if I'm wrong, but I don't see him giving up what he needs to via draft picks for Randy Moss.

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 10:03 AM
If he could get Moss for a 3rd round pick he might do it. Getting Moss would release TT from Having to use another high draft pick on a WR. Here's a scenario. TT trade down in the 1st round to about 25 and picks up that team's 1st and 2nd. He now has a 1st and 2 2nd's. He trades the later 2nd for 2 3rd's.
He now has Randy Moss to solidify the WR position, and 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to shore up the DB/RB/TE positions. Stranger things have happened.

Bretsky
02-04-2007, 10:17 AM
If he could get Moss for a 3rd round pick he might do it. Getting Moss would release TT from Having to use another high draft pick on a WR. Here's a scenario. TT trade down in the 1st round to about 25 and picks up that team's 1st and 2nd. He now has a 1st and 2 2nd's. He trades the later 2nd for 2 3rd's.
He now has Randy Moss to solidify the WR position, and 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to shore up the DB/RB/TE positions. Stranger things have happened.

Any way we could convince TT to let you be the Trading GM on draft day; I love that scenario.

If we don't get Moss at 16, I'm thinking more and more a trade down would work well. I want them to go WR in round one; Jarrett, Bowe, Meecham, Rice........they'd all work and one will be there around pick 25. Probably not Jarrett, but the last three could fall.

Brando19
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Favre announced his return = a very very happy time for me because we get one more year of #4 under center and I know the Pack has a shot at the Playoffs.

TT trading a 3rd round draft pick for Randy Moss = Me even happier than before and my friends finally convinced the Pack has a shot at the Playoffs and beyond.

mmmdk
02-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I think KGB still is a valuable part of our team; he can serve as a pass rushing specialist that we don't have and be effective at it.

The Packer desperately need another weapon at WR to go along with Driver and Jennings. I do believe Moss is far better then anybody we'll get in round 3 so the deal itself makes sense and we have a ton of money under the cap where that would not hurt us much.

B

Really? - (about TT not going for Moss)?

With Favre back; it's all about WIN NOW.That's why Favre's back - to win and I want Favre to end on the highest note possible (playoffs and who know what will happen then).

Bretsky
02-04-2007, 10:52 AM

B

Really? - (about TT not going for Moss)?

With Favre back; it's all about WIN NOW.That's why Favre's back - to win and I want Favre to end on the highest note possible (playoffs and who know what will happen then).

I truly hope I am wrong; remember when Favre announced last year I thought it was all about "win now" too. I was letdown some by TT not filling more holes with the 38MIL he had.

This year I'm taking a much more conservative approach and hoping to get some pleasant surprises.

B

green_bowl_packer
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
The plot thickens . . .

From profootballtalk.com

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:10 p.m. EST, February 4, 2007

MOSS TO PACK?

There have been increasing rumors that the Packers might make a move for Raiders receiver Randy Moss. The most concrete evidence of the possibility came earlier today, when ESPN's Chris Mortensen included the rumblings within one of his Sunday NFL Countdown reports.

We can't see this happening, for three reasons.

First, "I play when I wanna play."

Moss uttered this infamous phrase in 2001, and we distinctly recall (but we can't find a link to) a pointed reaction from Favre along the lines of "I wouldn't put up with that kind of sh-t here."

Moss hasn't changed. Unless Favre has, this marriage wouldn't work.

Maybe Favre has changed. After all, he was boo-hooing for Koren Robinson last year after Robinson was suspended for a year due to his inability to stay away from alcohol.

Second, remember Moss pretending to show his ass to the folks at Lambeau Field two years ago? Does anyone really think that the Cheeseheads are clamoring for him?

Third, we can hear Moss right now. "Why do I catch passes from some old man?"

So if this one happens, we'll be shocked.

Patler
02-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I was letdown some by TT not filling more holes with the 38MIL he had.

You keep bringing this up, and I have a real hard time understanding it. In 2006 TT:

changed 3 of the top 6 O-linemen
brought in a new starting WR
brought in a new punter
exchanged an older high priced kicker for a young, cheap one nearly as good.
replaced an older, unhappy, health risky DT with a solid younger DT
totally revamped the linebackers except Barnett, including a possible future star
redid the entire DB, including backups, except Harris and Collins, signed a Pro-Bowler.

Including Wells, there were new starters at 5 of 11 offensive positions
With Jenkins, there were new starters at 6 of 11 defensive positions
There was a new punter
There was a new placekicker
There was a new punt returner.

TT put in a maomth effort to turn this team around. Wells, Colledge, Spitz, Jennings, Pickett, Hawk, Poppinga, Woodson and Ryan all were improvements from the 2005 players they replaced. All but Woodson and Pickett should be expected to improve in 2007. Miree and Rayner, while not necessarily improvements, were not steps backward and should provide stability longer than the players replaced. Each filled a hole before the hole became a problem. Manual was no worse than Roman. TT wasn't directly responsible for the shift of Jenkins, but by further fortifying the DTs he made the switch possible.

I think TT made a significant move to get back to the playoffs. Not all of them will be the answer at their position, but this team was so far away that one or two more high-preiced FAs would not have been the answer either.

BallHawk
02-04-2007, 11:49 AM
It's a high risk, high reward move. I'm really torn on it. He could come in and show his form from his Minnesota days. On the other hand, he could come in and be a cancer. If we made the move I'd be OK with it, but if we didn't make the move I'd be OK with it, also.

Packnut
02-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Kinda tough to see Moss in green and gold. However, a motivated Moss could make a difference. A lot of variables go into this one. Trading a 3 or 4 is no big deal. Money is a big deal. I can't see paying Moss what he makes now. Ya know, if TT just woulda paid Walker the damn money, we would'nt be going through this now.............

esoxx
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
TT won't do this deal b/c unlike comparisons to Woodson & Robinson, a Moss deal would involve a trade, and TT ain't giving up any draft picks. We wouldn't have Woodson if draft picks were involved either.

Comparing Woodson/Robinson's situation to Moss is apples to oranges.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Cuz like moss said himself on MNF "this Favre, Breeettt Faavvvrreee, I gots to see this".

Patler
02-04-2007, 12:45 PM
TT won't do this deal b/c unlike comparisons to Woodson & Robinson, a Moss deal would involve a trade, and TT ain't giving up any draft picks. We wouldn't have Woodson if draft picks were involved either.

Comparing Woodson/Robinson's situation to Moss is apples to oranges.

I think it depends on the pick, or picks. I doubt he would give up a 1 or 2 for him on a straight trade, but he might trade down with Oakland as part of a Moss deal. For example, would he trade a second round pick for Moss and a 4th or 5th round pick? Would he trade his 1st for Moss and Oakland's second, or third?

A lot of this will depend on how badly Oakland wants to get rid of Moss.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I like your thinking Patler!!

The question also needs to be how bad does Moss want out of OAK? He will have to redo his contract to make it work for the trading team.

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Maybe Favre has changed. After all, he was boo-hooing for Koren Robinson last year after Robinson was suspended for a year due to his inability to stay away from alcohol.

This PFT guy is such a dickweed Vikings fan from West Virginia. Favre boo-hooed how suspended players are handled--not the fact he got suspended. What a fuckin' jerkwad.

packers11
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Cuz like moss said himself on MNF "this Favre, Breeettt Faavvvrreee, I gots to see this".

haha I remember seeing a video on youtube of him saying that...
"THIS IS BRETT FAVRE, I GOTTA SEE THIS, ITS BRETT FAVRE!"

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 01:19 PM

You keep bringing this up, and I have a real hard time understanding it. In 1996 TT:

brought in a new punter
totally revamped the linebackers except Barnett, including a possible future star
redid the entire DB, including backups, except Harris and Collins, signed a Pro-Bowler.

There was a new punter

TT put in a maomth effort to turn this team around. Wells, Colledge, Spitz, Jennings, Pickett, Hawk, Poppinga, Woodson and Ryan all were improvements from the 2005 players they replaced. All but Woodson and Pickett should be expected to improve in 2007. Miree and Rayner, while not necessarily improvements, were not steps backward and should provide stability longer than the players replaced. Each filled a hole before the hole became a problem. Manual was no worse than Roman. TT wasn't directly responsible for the shift of Jenkins, but by further fortifying the DTs he made the switch possible.

I think TT made a significant move to get back to the playoffs. Not all of them will be the answer at their position, but this team was so far away that one or two more high-preiced FAs would not have been the answer either.

Once again - well done Patler. I'd only add that he did all of this without mortgaging the teams ability to compete for players in the future.

Scott Campbell
02-04-2007, 01:22 PM

You keep bringing this up, and I have a real hard time understanding it. In 1996 TT:

brought in a new punter

There was a new punter

Once again - well done Patler. I'd only add that he did all of this without mortgaging the teams ability to compete for players in the future.

esoxx
02-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't recall TT doing all that in 1996. You've got to stop living in the past, Patler. :mrgreen:

Joemailman
02-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess Super Bowl week has Patler reminiscing of past glories.

Brando19
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM

This PFT guy is such a dickweed Vikings fan from West Virginia. Favre boo-hooed how suspended players are handled--not the fact he got suspended. What a fuckin' jerkwad.

Hey dude, I'm from WV and I don't take up for Moss and all his troubles so let's just leave that part out :evil: .

BobDobbs
02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
One important factor in all of this is Al Davis. He'll go through coaches and quarterbacks, but I don't know if he will get rid of Moss. He doesn't like to admit mistakes. I can't remember what he gave to bring Moss in from Minnesota, but I think he's going to want to match it.

packers11
02-04-2007, 02:03 PM
One important factor in all of this is Al Davis. He'll go through coaches and quarterbacks, but I don't know if he will get rid of Moss. He doesn't like to admit mistakes. I can't remember what he gave to bring Moss in from Minnesota, but I think he's going to want to match it.

3rd round pick and an average LB... Napoleon Harris

NOT A LOT...

esoxx
02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
It was actually the 7th overall pick in the draft and Nap Harris. Of course using the pick on Troy Williamson is just like having a third round pick, probably worse.

packers11
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
It was actually the 7th overall pick in the draft and Nap Harris. Of course using the pick on Troy Williamson is just like having a third round pick, probably worse.

Oh damn... Your right... WOW, it must have been that the pick was used so poorly that no one made anything big out of it...

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Mort is reporting on ESPN that the Pack is rumored to make a run at landing the idiotic WR.

BF4MVP
02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Mort is reporting on ESPN that the Pack is rumored to make a run at landing the extremely talented WR.
That pumps me up. C'mon TT, get Moss!

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey dude, I'm from WV and I don't take up for Moss and all his troubles so let's just leave that part out :evil: .

The dude is from West Virginia. I point that out mainly because it's possible that's the reason he became a Vikings pimp (perhaps after Moss got there). You can't tell me being from a star's home state doesn't increase the chances of a person being a fan of the star.

Rastak
02-04-2007, 04:03 PM

The dude is from West Virginia. I point that out mainly because it's possible that's the reason he became a Vikings pimp (perhaps after Moss got there). You can't tell me being from a star's home state doesn't increase the chances of a person being a fan of the star.

You are 1000% correct. The chance goes WAY up but it doesn't go to 100%.

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Funny! Pet peeve of mine is when people say they gave 110% and stuff like that. I don't think I'm even 100% correct.
:D

Rastak
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Funny! Pet peeve of mine is when people say they gave 110% and stuff like that. I don't think I'm even 100% correct.
:D

Yea, I guess being a 1000% percent correct when I reference 100% in the same post doesn't make 100% sense.....

oops!

I'll say it differently...you are right!

Brando19
02-04-2007, 04:23 PM

Ok but wouldn't he be a Raiders fan now...and maybe eventually a Packers fan if the rumors prove to be true?

CaliforniaCheez
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Randy Dope Smokin' Moss?

Moon Moss??

I guess the final sentence is most succinct. "It's all Lies!!!!"

I am most suprised that some actually wanted the importation of that poor playing evil in Green Bay.

The way this obvious untruth was gobbled up over 5-6 weeks ought to teach some children not to trust the media in several areas.

It is scary how many cannot recognize a hoax and become willing accomplices of the enemy once they hear propaganda.
No wonder terrorists think they can win. They can create American traitors easily.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The only possible scenario that I can see whereby we land Randy Moss would have to do with Brett Favre restructuring his contract.

Given the fact we very possibly are weaker on offence, than we were at seasons end.

Favre restructuring for a band-aid approach doesn't appear encouraging.