PDA

View Full Version : McNabb To Lions?!

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
McNabb to Detroit for Brady Quinn
Rumblings over in the city of Detroit are calling for the Lions to inquire about the chances the Eagles would move McNabb for the second pick in the draft. They presume the Eagles would give Brady Quinn a chance.

But the truth is, Quinn won't bring back any of the people who've given up on this team. At least not until he proves he's more than just another Joey Harrington.

Donovan McNabb lining up under center in next season's opener is a different story.

A story that would make the Lions interesting again, that would get people talking again, one certainly worth making a phone call in hope of.

It's an interesting thought, but one the Eagles will likely brush off. Personally, I'm not a fan of Brady Quinn. Gary Cobb has Quinn ranked as the fifth best QB in this year's draft. The only people in Philadelphia who would welcome Quinn over McNabb would likely be the Notre Dame band wagoners, my girlfriend, and Woody's bar.

McNabb for the 2nd pick in this years draft, would you do it?

Anyone heard anything about this rumor?

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Nope, and very unlikly.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
If McNabb got a clean bill of health, I'd do it.

BooHoo
01-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Interesting rumor.

Ballboy
01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Its just silly. You have a MVP type NFL QB in McNabb for a NFL wanna-be at this point Quinn.....do we have to go into the whole process of naming the endless number of first round QB's that were a bust!?!!?

Lions like Kitna....yes, I know he is not the answer long term, but he doesn't have many miles on him. With Kitna, you could draft Quinn to learn the QB position.

prsnfoto
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think it is so far fetched McNabb hasn't finished the last two seasons and he has a rep of being soft his teamates might be losing confidence in him.

ND72
01-31-2007, 03:37 PM
If I'm Philly I'd do it. McNabb can't stay healthy, and is inconsistant. At some point you gotta start over, might as well start over with who will be the top QB in this years draft.

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't think so. You have to have someone whose been there before. You don't dump Favre for Rodgers or if you're talking top QB, Alex Smith. You find out if Rodgers and Smith are what you want first, then risk losing your franchise QB.

CaliforniaCheez
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
This draft has no sure pick QB's. Every draft pick is a developmental type.

Kitna will start for at least 2 years.

Detroit needs linemen on both side of the ball before making a big deal like that.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think so. You have to have someone whose been there before. You don't dump Favre for Rodgers or if you're talking top QB, Alex Smith. You find out if Rodgers and Smith are what you want first, then risk losing your franchise QB.

Agreed. I think McNabb is underrated at this point. The dude led Philly to four straight NFC title games. He's completed 60% of his passes for 65 TDs and 24 interceptions the last three years, averaging over 260 yards passing/game. The dude has been great. That's not even to mention his running ability. He has a better than 2 to 1 ratio of TDs to interceptions for his career. That is an excellent rate. Plus, he can run. He's also been a winner--which is the most important fact. I don't believe any of that leadership crap. That was all pushed on him with the TO experiment. In fact, I think he's been a very good leader for that team, and most of his teammates love and respect the guy.

Now, if Philly doesn't think he'll stay healthy, that is a different story. He's not that old though, and he stayed healthy four of the five years previous to the last two.

Quinn probably has a less than 25% chance of ever being as good as McNabb has been.

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know if there's anything to the rumor or not but...If Reid has decided he likes Garcia better than McNabb, he might do it. He could draft Quinn and let him learn from a solid veteran for a year or two before starting him.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
This draft has no sure pick QB's. Every draft pick is a developmental type.

Kitna will start for at least 2 years.

Detroit needs linemen on both side of the ball before making a big deal like that.

There's a huge difference between McNabb and Kitna. McNabb has won with good and bad OL. He's won with good and bad WRs. Kitna needs a very good supporting cast to have a shot at being a good QB.

Brando19
01-31-2007, 04:48 PM
If I'm Philly I'd do it. McNabb can't stay healthy, and is inconsistant. At some point you gotta start over, might as well start over with who will be the top QB in this years draft.

Quinn will not be the top QB taken in this year's draft.

hurleyfan
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't know if there's anything to the rumor or not but...If Reid has decided he likes Garcia better than McNabb, he might do it. He could draft Quinn and let him learn from a solid veteran for a year or two before starting him.

Plus, Reid has a good history with QB's...

Resign Garcia (he gets his wish to start) and Quinn gets top notch teaching and maturing and starts in 2008..

Naw, it'll never happen :roll:

Freak Out
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
If I was Detoilet I would take Mcnabb and Phillys 1st for the #2 pick. Ha ha....
Why in the hell would Philly trade away Mcnabb unless someone would give up the farm? Makes no sense unless Reid has wood for Quinn or something.

hurleyfan
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
DETOILET !! Classic :D :D

ND72
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM

Yes....he will.

pacfan
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
I would do it.

Only to save Joe Thomas's career, many mock drafts have Thomas going second to Detroit. It would sadden me to see such a stud LT go to Detroit.

Brando19
01-31-2007, 07:39 PM

Yes....he will.

It'll come down to a coin toss...but I believe Jamarcus Russell of LSU is the first QB in the draft to go. This guy has a rocket arm.

red
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
i would do it if i was detroit

they need someone to yank that team out of the toilet, and a rookie qb, or o-linemen that takes 2 years to develop isn't going to get it done

mcnabb is a great QB, he would have had monster numbers this year if he had stayed healthy, with wr's less talented then what detroit has.

Mcnabb for the #2, thats a steal for the lions IMO

ND72
01-31-2007, 08:18 PM

Yes....he will.

It'll come down to a coin toss...but I believe Jamarcus Russell of LSU is the first QB in the draft to go. This guy has a rocket arm.

I didn't say Quinn would be the #1 pick. I said he'll be the best QB in the draft.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I didn't say Quinn would be the #1 pick. I said he'll be the best QB in the draft.

Really, nobody knows who will be the better player. Not even the best scouts in the league. Of course, you have an Irish helmet as your avartar, so you have to stick up for your guy.
:D

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
How come nobody ever mentions how good the Philly D was during those 4 NFC championship games? Sorry but mcnabb is not the runner he was and I doubt his legs are any better after his ACL got jacked.

Bad move for Det if they where to do it. They make a run at anyone it should be Schaub from ATL. He would fit them perfectly.

Brando19
01-31-2007, 09:34 PM

Yes....he will.

Oh well when I say "Quinn will not be the top QB taken in this year's draft", I literally meant...he won't be the first QB off the board.

Partial
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
How come nobody ever mentions how good the Philly D was during those 4 NFC championship games? Sorry but mcnabb is not the runner he was and I doubt his legs are any better after his ACL got jacked.

Bad move for Det if they where to do it. They make a run at anyone it should be Schaub from ATL. He would fit them perfectly.

WHAT? McNabb gets no respect!! He put up the best numbers in the league this year when he played and would have been the MVP if he didn't get hurt.

Come on now guys, lets put this in perspective. DMac is an AAA talent in the league. The very definition of a blue-chipper.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Like I said, no one ever mentions the defense.

Partial
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM

That defense was menacing, I will give them that. Definitely got old quick, and then they started over with the new corners and let corey simon leave. They're still a pretty good defense, though.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM

Their defense wasn't THAT good. Again, four straight NFC title games. Can't take that away from him. He's had the stats--despite not being surrounded by great talent. One great receiver for one year. Bottom line is that his team's win.

McNabb can still run plenty. He was on pace for 400 yards rushing this year when he got hurt. Dude is the real deal. He's one of the five best QBs in football. Actually, through the first half of the year he was the best QB in football in 2006. Did you not see him throwing lasers and scrambling around against the Pack. Much like Favre did with the Schroeders of the world in his younger years, this guy has always made guys like Todd Pinkstons, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash, Greg Lewis, Reggie Brown, etc. look serviceable.

Partial
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Harv knows whats up. If this is real and the Lions have a shot at him, they pull the trigger immediately and don't ever look back. Playmaker @ QB is so hard to find. Even if only for 3-4 years, they still have a chance to re-establish winning there, and land a few FA who will want to play with McNabb. That's the kind of move that changes an entire organization for the better.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Harv knows whats up. If this is real and the Lions have a shot at him, they pull the trigger immediately and don't ever look back. Playmaker @ QB is so hard to find.

It's not similar to Culpepper either. His knee isn't shredded like Culpepper. He's never had any complete stinker years like Culpepper's had a couple of times. He's always done well and his team has always won. Also, McNabb has gotten it done with the likes of Thrash--not Moss. I think McNabb is the real deal.

Partial
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I 100% agree. We've got to give the defense props though because they did win quite a few games with Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley at QB when McNabb was out.

MadtownPacker
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Their defense wasn't THAT good. Again, four straight NFC title games. Can't take that away from him. He's had the stats--despite not being surrounded by great talent. One great receiver for one year. Bottom line is that his team's win.
If it wasnt that good they wouldnt have got to those NFC title games. I recall they had a lot of turnovers and where hard to score TDs on. Im not saying mcnabb is not good just that he is on the downslop instead of up. The lions need someone that is on the come up. Like Schaub.

Mcnabb had his chances to win the big one. Especially at the end of the SB where he got the ball with like 3 minutes to go and a long TD drive that would have likely won the game 28-24. Instead he completely collapsed during his moment of truth and history was written. Now I just dont see him getting back there again. He has broke down the last couple of seasons. No matter how good he is he is useless if he is on IR.

SD GB fan
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
on the downslope? you can say he doesnt move as well or is getting older but im not sure about being on the downslope. mcnabb was the hottest QB in the NFL before he got injured i believe.

Fritz
02-01-2007, 07:51 AM
If you're Philly you ask for a #3 as well as Detroit's first rounder. You trade McNabb you better not bank on a home run with one pick. But if you can get that pick plus a third, then trade down and pick up another second, you'd have three firsts, and maybe a couple of thirds. That's the kind of draft that can inject your team with life.

Partial
02-01-2007, 11:18 AM
If you're Philly you ask for a #3 as well as Detroit's first rounder. You trade McNabb you better not bank on a home run with one pick. But if you can get that pick plus a third, then trade down and pick up another second, you'd have three firsts, and maybe a couple of thirds. That's the kind of draft that can inject your team with life.

If you're Philly you're out of your damn mind. You trade McNabb to the Raiders for their entire draft this year, their entire draft next year, and their first and second rounders for the following five years. If I was a GM, you could not offer me enough to give up my superstar, especially when he is MVP caliber player at the most important position. With Donovan McNabb at the helm, that franchise will always make oodles of money, get on TV plenty, and always be in contention.

Partial
02-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Inject it with life while losing its heart and soul. If that team plays that good with Garcia, with McNabb they will be a superbowl contender.