PDA

View Full Version : World of Time books

Guiness
04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
calichniye (welcome)

Rastak and I were polluting an actual football thread on the Packer side of the board, so I pulled the conversation in here. I know he was just doing his trolling duty, but I felt guilty :lol:

So, any other reader of the Robert Jordan series around here?

Guiness
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Here's the last post from our little dialog...

Guiness wrote:

Rastak wrote:

Say, you aren't one of the forsaken are you?

I'm no Darkfriend!
*throws Rastak against the wall*

I'm no Darkfriend!

I'm a card carrying member of the Band of the Red Hand. Los Valdar Cuebiyari!

Yourself?

LOL, I read book 1-3 10 years ago and got bored silly on book 4 and quit...so recently I started a big home remodeling project and started listening to the series again on a portable mp3 player starting with book 1. I'm on book 7 and having a great time. Great story, Jordan is a very detailed author.

"Burn you Rand, blood and bloody ashes!"

edit: sorry for all of those who have no fricking clue what we are talking about.....I'll stop now!

Rastak
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
So Guiness, did you read them all? I'm half way through 7 right now....6 was very good but 7 is pretty slow thus far.

Guiness
04-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Book 7 - Crown of Swords, right? Yes, it's bad. Especially after 6, which was one of the best books in the series. IMO CoS is the worst book in the series I've read so far.

As I said, I drifted away for a while. Robert Jordan started taking a long time between books. I followed closely up to CoS, but then it was 2 yrs before the next book, Path of Daggers came out! Then two more before Winter's Heart. I've got Path of Daggers, but don't know if I've ever even read it. I just don't remember.

Anyways, the good news is that I've heard that the books got better after CoS. I tried to read Path of Daggers, but couldn't remember what was going on, so I started over, right from the beggining, The Eye of the World. I'm reading The Dragon Reborn now.

Have you read New Spring? It's a prequel to the series, and is very good.

Rastak
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Book 7 - Crown of Swords, right? Yes, it's bad. Especially after 6, which was one of the best books in the series. IMO CoS is the worst book in the series I've read so far.

As I said, I drifted away for a while. Robert Jordan started taking a long time between books. I followed closely up to CoS, but then it was 2 yrs before the next book, Path of Daggers came out! Then two more before Winter's Heart. I've got Path of Daggers, but don't know if I've ever even read it. I just don't remember.

Anyways, the good news is that I've heard that the books got better after CoS. I tried to read Path of Daggers, but couldn't remember what was going on, so I started over, right from the beggining, The Eye of the World. I'm reading The Dragon Reborn now.

Have you read New Spring? It's a prequel to the series, and is very good.

My daugter said the same thing...she forgot all the subplots so she might start over. Lord of Chaos was very good. This one is slow "COS" but the audio book is still entertaining. The readers (they have a woman reading the mainly female chapters and a man reading thr mainly male ones) are both very good....also, they both have done all of the books so far so the voices of the chars have been consistent.....a very good series.

I have the new spring but haven't read that yet.

Guiness
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~myranya/smileys/assmile.gif

Where did u get the books on tape? I looked around for them a bit, but didn't find anything like a collection.

New Spring is good. Tells the backstory of Moiraine and Siuane as Accepted, and how al’Lan Mandragoran an Moiraine met.

Rastak
04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~myranya/smileys/assmile.gif

Where did u get the books on tape? I looked around for them a bit, but didn't find anything like a collection.

New Spring is good. Tells the backstory of Moiraine and Siuane as Accepted, and how al’Lan Mandragoran an Moiraine met.

Ummmm, they are books on MP3 sort of.....but Amazon has them for about $50 a book on cds...OUCH! I spent about $250 bucks on Lord Of the Rings a few years ago. I'm listening to them on a portable mp3 player so I can listen while working out, driving, doing stuff arounf the house....works great.