PDA

View Full Version : Here's Your Sign . . .

green_bowl_packer
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Favre to return as Bergstrom pitchman

Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

NEENAH — Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is coming back — at least as pitchman for Bergstrom Automotive.

John Bergstrom, chairman and chief executive officer of Bergstrom Corp., said today that Favre, a three-time NFL most valuable player, agreed on Friday to serve as “our spokesperson for another year.”

“We just renewed our contract,” Bergstrom said. “I was a little hesitant wondering what he would say and he said, ‘I’m in there. I’ll be there.’”

Asked if the agreement meant Favre, who is contemplating retirement, might return to the playing field, Bergstrom chuckled and said, “I’m not saying that.”

The largest automotive dealer in Wisconsin has benefited from its relationship with the quarterback who owns several NFL all-time passing records and is closing in on a few others.

“We started this since Brett came to town,” said Bergstrom. “He’s been our spokesman since he signed with the Packers. We got lucky. We didn’t know who he was or what we were going to have and he’s stayed loyal to us all through this thing.

“He just does a great job. He’s been incredibly loyal to us and our people love him,” Bergstrom said. “He’s a real guy, drives a pickup truck.”

— The Post-Crescent

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070131/PKR01/70131106/1989

Freak Out
01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd buy a car from the guy.

red
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
might be a good sign

i figure when brett decides to call it quits, he'll move into the middle of nowhere and we won't ever hear from him again. he'll have had enough of everything and won't want to do anything but fish and hunt

i would think doing ads might be a pain in bretts ass, why do that if you're trying to relax, and really don't need the money?

BooHoo
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
He does the ads because he needs the money! :lol:

GBRulz
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Top Hat is doing an awesome job at posting every little Favre update in this thread... be sure to check it out..

He posted the Bergstrom stuff about 3pm today. I think the guy just combs news websites all day looking for Favre stuff :lol:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=4598&start=60

Rastak
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Top Hat is doing an awesome job at posting every little Favre update in this thread... be sure to check it out..

He posted the Bergstrom stuff about 3pm today. I think the guy just combs news websites all day looking for Favre stuff :lol:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=4598&start=60

Sort of a scary thought actually.......

MadtownPacker
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Favre really should be the Energizer spokesman instead of Rayovac.

He keeps going and going and going .....

Joemailman
01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Favre really should be the Energizer spokesman instead of Rayovac.

He keeps going and going and going .....

Sounds like he should be pitching Ex-Lax.

FritzDontBlitz
02-02-2007, 12:33 AM
hmmm...

i just figured out what gbp's handle means....

mellow, dude. mellow. 8)

Jerry Tagge
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Looks like Green Bowl Packer is right.

Maybe Tank could learn from GBP and post intelligently while smoking weed.